JOB #: 13102901-P
TriStaff is partnering with a wildly successful company that has set up a new engineering office in San Diego earlier this year. Due to high demand and fast-paced development of new product releases, our client is adding a Lead MAC Software Engineer to team with software and hardware engineers for future new releases. Their product far outperforms their competition, so despite a higher retail cost, consumers buy their product to gain the competitive edge. This company would be attractive to developers who love music or multimedia and want to combine that passion with their job. Developers who thrive in a fast-paced environment, yet work with quality products, will find this rewarding. Because this is a consumer product, you can talk about this to your friends and see people enjoy its use. It’s especially thrilling to help a customer gain the competitive advantage by using this multimedia product.
As an OSX/iOS developer, you will be responsible for creating native Mac OSX and iOS applications which enhance the functionality and support for high end electronics. You will take ownership of application development all the way to deployment and maintenance. This is a unique opportunity for an innovative, ambitious, self-motivated programmer who is keenly interested in developing bleeding edge products from the ground up and collaborating with an awesome team. You will have a large degree of influence and a high impact in both the internal and external workings of these programs.
- Technical Lead over the design and coding of native OSX application(s).
- Development of primarily for MAC and some iOS application(s) (sharing common design and communication elements with OSX app where applicable). The emphasis will be on the MAC because that predominates the market.
- Implementation of deployment and installation packages via the web and the Apple App
- Help with best design / coding practices for the Apple development environments.
- Respond to support requests related to the OSX / iOS applications.
- Be the go-to person about MAC and IOS design questions.
What’s in it for you:
- Experience being a technical lead to influence on-going MAC projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy the autonomy of getting products out the door without a lot of politics, love their culture.
- Make a difference on a widely popular product that you can tell your friends about.
- Feel secure working for a long-standing and highly profitable company that has set up teams in the Bay Area and San Diego for collaborative development.
- Enjoy working on small senior teams with experienced software and hardware engineers who are smart and work together in a collaborative environment. This means that every engineer is selected, not just on skills, but how well they communicate and can work with others.
- Feel a sense of personal ownership for a successful product release.
To apply, send your resume to Kanani Masterson at TriStaff Group – kmasterson at tristaff.com – for confidential review. RTF or Word document preferred. This is a permanent, fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Our client would consider someone who prefers starting as a contractor.
- Vision insurance
- 16 days of PTO
- 3+ years’ experience specifically with MAC OSX applications. It would be a plus to have iOS experience because of future work.
- 5+ years of software development experience for cross-platform software components.
- Ability to lead and guide team members.
- Skilled in implementing User Interface GUI design, graphics, custom controls, and MVC design patterns.
- Experience with web services and databases using JSONREST, SQL, and NoSQL.
- Experience developing native MAC (Cocoa-based) applications with best practices around Objective-C and C++.
- Experience deploying web services on Amazon, Rackspace, or similar platforms.
- Familiarities with Mac install programs and App store deployment.
- Helpful experience/working knowledge with USB, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi data transfer operations.
- Plusses would be experience developing MAC applications for consumer electronics, audio, or gaming systems so you understand the mind of the user.
- Desire to take ownership and participate in the design / product development process.
- Drive to provide awesome and fast support to customer questions.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEY WORDS: OSX, Mac, iOS, multimedia, GUI, music, sound, consumer, streaming, I/O, audio, OOD, desktop, fast paced, start-up, Cocoa, video games, USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi data transfer operations, MAC (Cocoa-based) , applications in Objective-C, Mac install programs, App store deployment