JOB #: 13042501-P
This stable San Diego-based Company that has been in the financial services & banking business for over 50 years is expanding their Database Technology Team! Due to ongoing projects and improvements, they are looking for a talented SQL Server Database Analyst / SQL Server Architect who will help build out their data warehouse and add new BI features. This employee-oriented company is led by an executive team who did not layoff a single person during the latest financial crisis, and they can now boast double digit growth!
You’ll report to a very technical manager, who values applying technology creatively and intelligently vs. “just throwing money at a problem.” They are a collaborative team and believe that “there are many ways to skin the cat” and you will be an integral part of the design and roll out of a new enterprise ODS and data warehouse.
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following…
- Working closely with the Manager of Data Architecture and Lead Architect to create an enterprise ODS and data warehouse, as well as directing their maintenance and underlying infrastructure and data.
- Supporting and optimizing operational databases as needed and assist in the selection and implementation of a business intelligence toolset.
- Interfacing with IT staff, internal clients, and vendors in order to document complex process modeling, data flow, and reporting requirements and recommend viable solutions.
- Developing and making recommendations for tools, methods and standards for automated report generation and ensure adherence to those standards by others.
- Building sophisticated reports and developing and recommending reporting formats and standards for the company.
- Writing advanced T-SQL stored procedures and ad hoc queries, as well as VB.NET scripts, to support advanced end user requests for data and reporting.
- Providing direction and support to Web and Application Developers in regard to database design and structure.
- Developing ETL standards and procedures, and create ETL packages requiring a high level of complexity. Participating in the design and development of the overall Extract, Transform, & Load (ETL) processes for the data warehouse, including tool selection and methodologies. Oversees the implementation and maintenance of production ETL process. Researching and advising other development and user tools for applications, reporting, and business intelligence.
- Utilizing advanced specialized knowledge and skills to create and maintain T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages in order to build and sustain multiple enterprise databases that impact enterprise functions.
- Participating in establishing database maintenance plans, backup schedules and methodologies, and disk utilization standards. Monitors the overall health and performance of all databases, and execute advanced troubleshooting as needed to support staff.
What’s in it for you:
You will also be responsible for performing advanced adaptive analysis for novel or non-recurring situations that require development of new concepts or approaches. This will utilize existing tools and recommends and implements new tools/approaches to fulfill data and reporting needs. This position would be attractive to a Sr. DB Analyst who likes interacting with C-Level Executives to understand their business objectives and helping them understand how BI Analytics will aid them in more fully utilize their data warehouse efforts.
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
- $90,000 - $110,000
- 5 -10% bonus
- Annual Bonus 5-10%
- Fully paid medical, dental, life, long term disability
- 3 weeks vacation
- 401K matching
To apply, send your resume to Kanani Masterson at TriStaff Group – kmasterson at tristaff dot com – for confidential review. RTF or Word document preferred. This is a permanent, fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
- Minimum of 5 years professional, progressive experience in database design, creation, and programming, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Substantial work experience utilizing relational database theory and concepts. Extensive experience with SQL Server 2005/2008. Knowledge and experience with data warehouse and business intelligence concepts and tools.
- Must have 3+ years SQL Server Database Analyst experience, working in a high-transaction, data-driven 24/7 environment, ideally with SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2.
- Must have experience with the following range of skills: ETL Tools employment, SQL Server Clustering, Database performance and monitoring tools, SQL Server Database Mirroring, and Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity design.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) and deploying to SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS projects preferred.
- Practical experience in managing internal and external MS SQL database security.
- Excellent knowledge of T-SQL. In-depth experience with current database, reporting, and development software applications such as MS SQL Server Management Studio, MS Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Crystal Reports, and .NET programming.
- Must be able to interface successfully with non-technical staff and leadership teams both verbally and in written communication.
- Experience and success interfacing with internal & external customers, vendors, and different teams in a courteous and professional manner.
- A plus are skills and interest in VB.NET or C# programming, beyond just T-SQL.
- Personality Traits: Service-oriented, independent, flexible, innovative, organized, passion for latest technologies, and interest in communicating with C-Level Executives.
- Experience in the financial services industry, and/or within credit unions, banks, insurance etc. would be helpful.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEY WORDS: SQL Server, DBA, SQLserver, Database architect, database administrator, database analyst, SSIS, datawarehouse, datawarehousing, data warehouse, ETL, T-SQL, SQL, reporting, banks, banking, finance, financial services, stored procedures, business intelligence, BI, SSRS, data analyst, Database Analyst, Business intelligence, Analytics
Indeed - 20 months ago