JOB #: 13013101-P
Our client is an innovative and fast-growing startup in San Diego. They are developing technology that will transform how consumers ask for and give gifts to friends and charities online. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join a small team of developers with big ambitions! Their viral approach to marketing will escalate growth targeting demographics from 6 to 80+ year olds. All transactions will be PCI compliant and FDIC insured so all monies are secure. No other web site offers this level of marketing service and guarantees for virtual gift cards.
Their executive team has launched other successful startups with great products, and know how to grow a successful company!. You will work with them to advance their web site to incorporate a vast network of affiliates through a virtual Tree of Gifts and Social Gifting. They bring new meaning to the concept of personal “evites” to generate e-commerce traffic and make life easier for gift-givers. Demographics point to a shift in how people shop, and virtual gift cards will build on that trend.
Being part of a small team, you'll have a major influence in the product services they build; the technologies they adopt; and the team culture of the company. The CTO hires people who are smart and can learn new technologies and concepts swiftly. He has built and launched 100’s of web sites and specifically joined this company because of its Executive Leadership and solid funding. [You'll also need to enjoy working and living in sunny San Diego close to the ocean, but that’s the easy part.]
- If you are a smart and talented Java developer with API experience, our client would be willing to train you on the latest Java technology like Scala. This means that they are serious about building software architecture that is well-structured, scalable, and solid.
- You will work under a CTO who believes in writing good code, using object oriented design to ensure quality for testable, maintainable code, with an eye toward high volume production operations
- Identify and fix performance issues
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Pro-actively look for ways to improve the user experience (UX).
- Feel comfortable developing in an Agile environment with open-source and source control tools.
- This is a chance to work with advanced data analytics for Big Data and join the next Amazon.com. Plus, join a team that is smart and full of energy to get “stuff” done!
Salary Range and Bonus Potential:
- $80K to $115K
- Stock options that will be meaningful!
To apply, send your resume to Kanani Masterson at TriStaff Group – kmasterson at tristaff dot com – for confidential review. RTF or Word document preferred. This is a permanent, fulltime position based in San Diego, CA.
- Must have 4-5 years of hands-on Java coding experience for high volume transactions or e-commerce sites.
- Preferences: Java, Python with Django, Ruby, jQuery, HTML5/CSS3, SQL, git/github, cloud deployment, continuous builds, continuous deployment, etc.
- Developers who can describe what “fun” things they do with software.
- It would be helpful if you have experience developing high volume web sites or e-Commerce websites, using any of these technologies, especially Scala with Play Framework, Java with Spring, and MySQL.
- Personality Traits: the CTO likes to hire developers who are versatile, can adapt to new programming languages quickly, entrepreneurial in spirit, and passionate about technology.
- Can write top-notch, secure, cross-browser compatible, and W3C standards compliant code support modern browsers.
- Comfortable using source-code version control; experience specifically with Github is a plus
- Experience testing your code with testing frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web applications.
- Experience in web performance optimization.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Great debugging and reasoning skills.
- Plusses: Experience with A/B testing, Experience in data analytics, Demonstrated contributions to open-source software.
- B.S. or higher in Computer science or equivalent experience
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEY WORDS: php, lamp, java, web services, soa, saas, lead generation, web developer, search engine, software engineer, software developer, online marketing, JBOSS, Hibernate, Spring, scala, jacascript, css, html, html5, github,scala, API, e-commerce, e-marketing, evite,
Indeed - 20 months ago