JOB #: 13071702-P
Our client is a San Diego based Technology Startup that was founded by well-known thought leaders in the supercomputing world. Due to major commercial and government contracts and projected growth, they are ramping up their engineering team by hiring a Lead IT Engineer / Senior IT Engineer. This individual will lead the IT department to build and support all the computing resources for the company, which includes a complex computing cluster and Windows and Linux workstations.
You will act as a hands-on manager who is responsible for orchestrating and driving the delivery of projects to worldwide customers. This role includes the coordination and management of internal IT operations including support and modernization of existing IT infrastructure and applications.
You’ll need to be confident because you will be working with some strong (aka clever, capable and opinionated) characters. They encourage a no-hierarchy atmosphere where everyone takes ownership and responsibility.
At the end of the day, the ideal Senior IT Leader/IT Manager will thrive on these challenges, and get a huge sense of satisfaction and pride when you successfully deliver something extraordinary. Their management team understands these stresses and really (really) value people who can navigate them.
This is a unique opportunity to provide the infrastructure for revolutionary software for the Big Data and parallel computing space. This will be a high visibility position as you will be the key IT resource within a fast-growth company. This position is located in San Diego, CA, and you must be eligible to work in the United States.
TO APPLY: Send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson kmasterson at tristaff.com in Word format.
- The IT Director is responsible for three key areas: IT Project Management, IT Change Management, and IT Business Process Improvement.
- You will closely with business development managers, software developers, quality assurance analysts and other key employees to identify improvement opportunities, conduct presentations, and lead IT projects to successful completion within budget and approved delivery timeline.
- You will build a new process, new staff, and make this your own! You will move a department from a reactionary mode to a corporate center that can deliver cloud services in a heavy virtualized environment with Windows and Linux.
- Your challenge will be working under pressure, taking ownership of IT project deliverables, and exceeding customer expectations.
- You will apply business acumen to understand how different roles interrelate and how to utilize available resources within the company.
- $85,000 - $130,000 (DOE)
- Stock options
- Full Medical/Health Benefits
- Must have 5+ years systems and networks engineering and administration responsibility in mixed environment of Windows and Linux.
- Must have minimum of 1+ years lead/management experience.
- Ability to maintain activity on opportunities in a timely manner, following established processes and escalation procedures.
- Experience collaborating with outside consultants and leading junior team members
- A track record of providing support in complex computing environments to senior personnel
- Windows OS installs, with drivers, applications and patches, WSUS, Active Directory
- Understanding of latest versions of Linux and NFS
- Experience with scripting
- Understanding of networks such as VLAN, DNS, DHCP, LDAP
- Perform minor hardware maintenance & upgrades
- Experience selecting and specifying computing and support equipment
- Occasional evening/weekend work
- Experience with penetration testing is preferred
- Experience working with government certified systems is preferred
- Current SSBI or eligibility to have a security clearance - Must be a U.S. citizen without dual citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or similar preferred.
FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES AND TO REGISTER WITH TRISTAFF, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.tristaff.com
KEY WORDS: lead systems engineer, IT Manager, Manager of IT, IT/IS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Linux, Windows, SaaS, Linux, Windows, google, Microsoft Office, Skype, Goto Meeting, accounting, payroll, ERP, Enterprise, director of IT, IT director, Manager Information Technology, Information Systems, project management, big data, bioinformatics, security, government, HPC, parallel computing, analytics, devops