Trib Total Media Employee Reviews in United States

My time at work was ok
circulation/manage a route (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAMay 7, 2016
working with the Trip was a great work experience you ever know what you will be doing from one day to the next. I have learned how to work on different machines. My management was good the ran the place grart. My co-workers worked with each other . The hardest part of the job was the Thanksgiving paper . the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know alot of jobs, and get ot meet alot of people and friends.
Coworkers were fun and helped each other
Mailroom Production (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PA 15601February 22, 2016
Enjoyed working with my co-workers , learned about what all goes to get a newspaper out. Was assigned ads to insert into machine .
Fast paced work environment.
Single Copy Regional Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2016
Normally a good place to work but the stability is in jeopardy due to the state of the newspaper industry. Overall a good group of people to work with.
Progressive organization
Multi-Media Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 1, 2016
Trib Total Media is a multi-media marketing company that publishes daily and weekly newspapers, shoppers, digital products, an on-line sports talk radio station and promotional products. As Multi-Media Sales Manager it was my job to coach and mentor a team of 7 commissioned sales reps to meet their quarterly and annual sales goals. To accomplish this I conducted sales training meetings and taught the team to close the sale using a variety of closing methods. I used research to position our company against our competitors. Management encouraged us to be in the field with members of the sales team. I enjoyed creating sales presentations and marketing campaigns for local businesses. Managing a variety of people is a challenge. Motivation is created in many ways. Sales Managers need to uncover what motivates each individual and leverage that knowledge to encourage top performance. I enjoyed the opportunity to sell a variety of products and services to our clients.
Pros
Good compensation plan
Cons
Top level management makes all the decisions without input from other company employees.
Good people in a tough industry
Web Editor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 22, 2015
It's no secret newspapers are having a tough time as news media more and more finds its home online. This a company with a mind toward that future and has well-meaning people in charge to meet the challenge.
Enjoyed growing and working with the employees
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 4, 2015
Trib Total Media was a great place for me to grow in my HR skills and enjoyed the many people I worked with. The HR department is very productive and has a good leader.
productive high energy
Sales Support Representative-Current (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PAOctober 27, 2015
I enjoy the environment and people. Its fun and high energy with deadlines that push you to work at your fullest. hardest part was adjusting to the different personalities in order to work well with so many different departments.
newspaper conveyor belt
laborer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAAugust 21, 2015
The hardest part of the job, was working a two person job. They made you keep up a fast pace even when you were exhausted. A typical day would consist of alot of hurry up and wait.
Great atmosphere to work!
Obituary Editor (Current Employee) –  Monessen, PAJuly 29, 2015
The newsroom is a fast-paced, intense environment. We have strict deadlines, and I love that everyone helps wherever needed to get the job done. It's truly a team effort.
Pros
Amazing coworkers and schedule flexibility
Cons
night hours
Again, I already did this
Designer, Copy Editor, Publisher (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 24, 2015
My review of Trib Total Media already was given to you, and no, I didn't have the best of things to say about the company and how it treats employees and values skills.
Great place to work but job is boring
Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAApril 15, 2015
I like my coworkers but I need to feel more people oriented.
My job is too structured, there is no spontaneity, no creative required.
packaging
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 15, 2015
working for the trib was very easy in my personal opinion.the benefits sucked for those that r part time.barely any hours and hard to advance in the company.i would come in and prep for my shift then wait til its time to start the run.i can do 4-5 ads at a time and help others.i felt like it was high school there dealing with co workers but I got along with everyone.i feel the management could upgrade their actions.only giving hours of 28 to certain ppl.when everyone should get the same amount.her compassion for others was horrid.
Pros
free paper, time
Cons
little hours
Fun and productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 5, 2015
The skills that I learned on this job I will keep with me for many years to come. I used my sales experience from this job and I have applied this to my own business.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
no healthcare
Pay and work environment not good
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 22, 2014
No room for advancement, management not open for suggestions.
Disappointing company to work for
Obituary Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2014
I worked for Trib Total Media in the obituary department years ago. I felt I did not have the chance to grow as a writer because many funeral homes and family members wrote obituaries before sending them to the paper. The job required a degree in journalism, but I rarely used my education. I initially thought the job would be a good steeping stone and I would gain experience, but was highly disappointed. I was in the Penn Hills office with only fellow obit writers and people who sold advertising. No other writers. I made just slightly over minimum wage and had to work two other jobs. I continued to struggle working 60+ hours a week and decided I did not want to work for a company who did not treat their employees well. I could make the same or more working in the fast food industry.
Pros
meet a lot of wonderful people
Cons
low wages, unable to advance
Call Center. Incoming/outgoing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warrendale PaJuly 21, 2014
Last 8 months part-time plus commission and income was not effected. Position eliminated. Fair company policies and never a problem with mature workers. Only concern while still full-time was hours of 10-6:30 daily. Was told these hours would not change, but new full time hires were given the hours of 8am to 4:30 pm. I would have stayed as a part-time worker if possible.
Pros
excellant manager and director
Cons
full time hours and surrounding distractions not controlled.
Great community interaction and ability to manage time as best suits what I must get done.
Newspaper Writer (Current Employee) –  Western PennsylvaniaJuly 10, 2014
Prepare for phone interviews, hit the streets to talk to people, attend events and sit and write. I learn a ton about the community, the people in it and what is happening. I also learn that I have to take into account my editor's schedule, as well, and try to get things into her as quickly as I can to make her life a lot better.
Pros
great editor, can manage my own time, get to attend events and meet people and i get to write. perfect.
Cons
can't control deadlines and sometimes people aren't so willing to speak to you about certain topics, but you have to get used to that and adjust accordingly.
Intern Position
Student Sportscaster (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 25, 2014
As an intern, I was not given the opportunity to fully be immersed into the job culture. Being said, I fully enjoyed and gained knowledge in my experience
Interesting and exciting
News Reporter, General Assignment (Former Employee) –  Kittanning, PAOctober 15, 2013
Able to be involved in many community events and activities.
Always something different each day
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
tight deadlines
Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PASeptember 17, 2013