Trib Total Media Employee Reviews

Great co-workers, not-so-great management
Obituary Writer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA (Penn Hills)April 6, 2017
This was a rewarding job and the people you work with are great, but concerned for the future of their jobs. Ever since the millionaire owner died, the new leadership has been talking about a new direction, but that has only led to layoffs and buyouts. The middle management is more concerned with how much money they are bringing in and have little knowledge of the day-to-day work of the underpaid front-line employees who are in contact with the readership and do the work to fill the paper.
Pros
coworkers, work-life balance, fulfilling work
Cons
pay rate, job stability, disconnected management
Good place to work, unfortunately they are making cuts.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 8, 2017
I liked working here. This is what I had done since I left High School. I love printing, love seeing the finished product, loved the hands. Liked the maintenance aspect also.
Good hours and an enjoyable place to work
Marketing/Sales Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2017
Work days were 5.5 hours. Good working environment.
Learned more about data entry, scanning, and email customer relations.
Infrequent raises was something that could be improved upon.
Most enjoyable part of job was being able to work and having a secure place of employment.
Pros
On the bus line, flexible hours, helpful co-workers.
Cons
Cold working conditions at times
great work enviroment, given the tools and training to succeed
Retention Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 20, 2017
7.5 hours, on the phone lines, with others duties at slow times.
To be a good customer service rep; and not to take the bad things personally.
Managers were great, always there to help but never overbearing.
Business casual,
Not being able to fix every problem.
Resolving a problem and retaining a canceling customer because of the resolution.
Pros
Healthcare, PTO days, the comradarie
Cons
I'm no longer there.
Steering drive to stay alive
Production Artist II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Company downsizing, actively making business decisions based on this accord. Providing a media presence only in Westmoreland and east Allegheny counties
enjoyable...but a receding industry
Advertising Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. The problem was not the job or the employees, it was the fact that with the evolving and ever growing "internet", the newspaper industry was and still is on its way to becoming "non-existent".
Productive, Daily deadline oriented, on call for any equipment failures
Facility Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2016
Check for reports on any mechanical or building issues.
I've learned how to repair many various machines in a timely manner due to daily deadlines.
Management is not a micro-management, reports are sent to my manager daily on my production of the day/night.
Co-workers... some have become like family.. some are just like a revolving door.
The hardest part of the job is troubleshooting equipment breakdowns under tight daily deadlines.
Most enjoyable part is the accomplishment of solely repairing equipment within a timely manner.
Company is in trouble
Reporter/Editor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 5, 2016
This used to be a great place to work but the recent environment has drastically changed as the media landscape has evolved from print to digital. The company currently is offering buyouts to 400 of the 565 eligible employees and expect 100 to accept. Take that for what it is worth.
Great place to work but for how long?
Nunya Business (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAAugust 2, 2016
great company, even better people! Just don't know how long the Trib will be around! it is 2016 and have to be realistic, as much as i love my part here I just dont know how long the business will stay in business
Pros
production coworkers
Cons
job security
bleak workplace with stressful situations
Obituary Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2016
The co-workers are the most pleasurable part of the job. Through them I learned best ways to console grieving families to best get them through their loss of a loved one. Consoling these family members was the toughest part of the job, but it was also the most enjoyable. It is a good feeling when you are able to help someone when they are dealing with a death. Management was not always the greatest, never truly knowing all the small details that go on.
Cons
No windows, low pay
Family atmosphere
Classified Sales Associate / Layout (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJune 5, 2016
I have never walked into a new position and felt as if I had been there for years. It was definitely a family that pulled together when needed.
My time at work was ok
circulation/manage a route (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAMay 7, 2016
working with the Trip was a great work experience you ever know what you will be doing from one day to the next. I have learned how to work on different machines. My management was good the ran the place grart. My co-workers worked with each other . The hardest part of the job was the Thanksgiving paper . the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know alot of jobs, and get ot meet alot of people and friends.
Coworkers were fun and helped each other
Mailroom Production (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PA 15601February 22, 2016
Enjoyed working with my co-workers , learned about what all goes to get a newspaper out. Was assigned ads to insert into machine .
Fast paced work environment.
Single Copy Regional Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2016
Normally a good place to work but the stability is in jeopardy due to the state of the newspaper industry. Overall a good group of people to work with.
Progressive organization
Multi-Media Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 1, 2016
Trib Total Media is a multi-media marketing company that publishes daily and weekly newspapers, shoppers, digital products, an on-line sports talk radio station and promotional products. As Multi-Media Sales Manager it was my job to coach and mentor a team of 7 commissioned sales reps to meet their quarterly and annual sales goals. To accomplish this I conducted sales training meetings and taught the team to close the sale using a variety of closing methods. I used research to position our company against our competitors. Management encouraged us to be in the field with members of the sales team. I enjoyed creating sales presentations and marketing campaigns for local businesses. Managing a variety of people is a challenge. Motivation is created in many ways. Sales Managers need to uncover what motivates each individual and leverage that knowledge to encourage top performance. I enjoyed the opportunity to sell a variety of products and services to our clients.
Pros
Good compensation plan
Cons
Top level management makes all the decisions without input from other company employees.
Good people in a tough industry
Web Editor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 22, 2015
It's no secret newspapers are having a tough time as news media more and more finds its home online. This a company with a mind toward that future and has well-meaning people in charge to meet the challenge.
Enjoyed growing and working with the employees
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 4, 2015
Trib Total Media was a great place for me to grow in my HR skills and enjoyed the many people I worked with. The HR department is very productive and has a good leader.
productive high energy
Sales Support Representative-Current (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PAOctober 27, 2015
I enjoy the environment and people. Its fun and high energy with deadlines that push you to work at your fullest. hardest part was adjusting to the different personalities in order to work well with so many different departments.
newspaper conveyor belt
laborer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAAugust 21, 2015
The hardest part of the job, was working a two person job. They made you keep up a fast pace even when you were exhausted. A typical day would consist of alot of hurry up and wait.
Great atmosphere to work!
Obituary Editor (Current Employee) –  Monessen, PAJuly 29, 2015
The newsroom is a fast-paced, intense environment. We have strict deadlines, and I love that everyone helps wherever needed to get the job done. It's truly a team effort.
Pros
Amazing coworkers and schedule flexibility
Cons
night hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trib Total Media. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7