Tribune Company

Tribune Company Employer Reviews

Package Handler
Package Handler/Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 15, 2013
Pros: got all my work hours.
Cons: short lunch break
Fulfill the shipping and receiving of orders. Handling of packages and merchandise, and also assuring that package orders are processed accurately and on time.
Toxic Atmosphere, People aren't Valued
Creative Producer (Former Employee), Indianapolis INMarch 15, 2013
Pros: you'll definitely learn how to work fast and be political.
Cons: poor pay, poor management, poor benefits, poor company vision.
I was at this company for a number of years, I had a number of managers over me. With one exception, they were all toxic managers. They would pit employees against one another, made jokes abour wearing people down and abusing them. One manager was let go for threatening multiple of my co-workers. Worst of all, they gave no concrete direction. Nothing – more... was ever good enough, with no direction on how to make it better. Poor planning meant lots of last minute freak outs, worked holidays and weekends. As I worked and met with people further up the management chain and learned that this style must be actively supported by the company, as it extends into upper levels. Priorities shifted weekly, things that were vital last week were not so important this week. Managers didn't stand up for their people, were quick to throw their reports under the bus.

Pay was miserable. Years of bankruptcy meant no raises, shrinking benefits, and increasing responsibility \ hours. The only good thing I got out of Tribune was a greater appretiation of every other job I will ever have. – less
Unstable company, ridiculous management style, severe undercompensation
Production Department (Former Employee), MichiganFebruary 20, 2013
Considering all jobs in media are underpaid, this company is definitely on the lowest part of the spectrum. There is an extreme turn over rate and positions are constantly being eliminated and those duties passed off onto someone else who will not get paid anymore for doing them. It's not even worth the experience gained because no one will look twice – more... at this job on your resume. The worst part is that management will expect you to be at their beck and call without any regard to your personal life outside of work. To top it all off the company has been in bankruptcy for years (so don't expect basic things like a raise) with no sign of coming out of it anytime soon, just constant layoffs. – less
Notable Media Co. on the Edge of Change & Opportunity
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: Loyal and dedicated management and employees, great location, unique career opportunities

Cons: Frequent management changes, unclear strategy/goals
This job is a rip off
teleservice rep (Former Employee), orlando floridaJanuary 9, 2013
Cons: pay
This job is crape its full of a lot of self centered superviors.. all they car about is themselves... Quick to fire you especially if its something you cant control.. pay sucks. They mess up your paychecks. Leads are bad.... they have a lot of favorites in that job.. they make the job seem better then want it is during your interview... minimum wage – more... is not worth the stress you get from this job.... – less
Fun Work Place with an Upbeat atmosphere
Account Executive & Media Sales (Former Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 27, 2012
Very in tune with the community and clients' needs. Alot of event related and sponsorships kept this company in the public eye I enjoyed working here.
Unstable company overall that has been or continues to be in bankruptcy
SALES & HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYDecember 23, 2012
Pros: close to home, nice people to work with overall
Cons: low pay, unstable future
My job was split between sales/marketing and HR. Too many moving parts to manage. I was told I had a good chance to become full time in sales and marketing which is what I wanted, but the budget did not allow for another full time position.
Very doomed atmostphere
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CADecember 17, 2012
Really bad. Workers are not treated well, pay is low, and management style lax.
Productive place to work.
Strategic Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 13, 2012
Pros: great work atmosphere.
Cons: no cons.
Great place to work. People are very creative and always willing to help clients. Great leadership. Enviroment fostered success.
Great co-workers
Asheboro Courier (Former Employee), 500 Sunset Ave, Asheboro NC,December 6, 2012
Cons: hours expect to be worked by upper management
Working sometimes over a hundred hours a week. Working with inferior equipment under strick deadlines. No consideration for employee feelings quality of life or compensation. The absolute worse place I have ever and I repeat ever worked.
Relaxed work environment with nice people
Cable-Satellite Editor (Former Employee), Queensbury NYOctober 16, 2012
You would start your day working on one cable listing and by day's end you would accomplish a feat you didn't think yourself capable of.
Award Winning Account Executive
Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2012
Pros: all
Cons: n/a
• Created cutting-edge sales presentations, merging industry study and campaign performance data.

• Shaped sales pipeline to achieve and exceed monthly/annual sales quota
• Award – winning, surpassed advertising revenue goals each month for the year 2007 by 256%
• Exceeded monthly revenue goal in June, July, August, September, November, December of – more... 2008
• Produced advertising copy and corrected scripts, audiotapes, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.

• Arranged and prepared advertising and promotional material to increase new business and news services, working with customers, company officials, and sales departments and advertising agencies.

• Consulted with clients to provide marketing or technical advice.
• Produced presentations and product demonstrations for new perspective clients.
• Monitored and analyzed sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns – less
Country chicken and fish I love to work there.
County chicken and fish (Former Employee), Winter haven flSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: i love to eat the food the it was free
Cons: sometime i get breaks
Where I youto work was s fun place to work a I got along with people very well I was a cook but its good to Lear new thing in life
Productive with challenges
Log Format (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 1, 2012
Pros: sales bringing in lunches
Cons: long work days and sometimes into the evening hours
Very motivated and fast pace with dead lines to meet.
Each day was a learning experience with changes and updates that are to be met by programming department.

Discussed with management any changes and follow the directions provided to me.

Help my co-workers in their jobs in order to finish in a timely manner.

I didn't find anything hard but challenging.

Seeing – more... the product done and done without errors. – less
active running newspaper
Customer Advocate - Commercial Delivery (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2012
Learned alot about how a paper is run
There was more into running a paper than i would of thought about
It was fun learning and i am still learning
active running newspaper
Customer Advocate - Commercial Delivery (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2012
Learned alot about how a paper is run
There was more into running a paper than i would of thought about
It was fun learning and i am still learning
Nice place to work but has job instability
Campaign Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2012
I enjoyed my coworkers and team. The main reason I left is company is in bankruptcy.
Company that wants all their employees to succeed
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago/Oak Brook, ILJune 18, 2012
Pros: pay, benefits, room for growth
Cons: lay offs
Before Tribune went private it was a company that provided great pay and benefits and showed a true interest in their employees to succeed. With a great succession planning program in place all employees were encouraged to grow and succeed with the company and provided the tools, resources and support for employees to do so. I learned to believe in – more... my abilities and gained the confidence to grow my career. The hardest part of the job was experience a lay off. The most enjoyable part of my job was working along side co-workers that lived Tribune's values and always made you feel part of the team. – less
Overall a very good work experience
Account Executive (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 30, 2012
Pros: excellent compensations and managers.
Cons: company has been in bankruptcy for 3 years.
Primary role is to negotiate major pieces of business for the station with advertising agencies and also search out new prospect accounts with direct businesses. The best part of the job is getting rewarded for sales efforts. The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty surround our company due to bankruptcy.
Great place to intern
Database Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2012
Flexible with school schedule. Everyone was willing to teach you new things.