Tribune Company Employee Reviews

Worst work place ever.
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJanuary 20, 2016
racist job ever.they hire latino and Latinas first for every good job and place minorities on small worthless jobs.They put 2rd shift on everything and 1st shift gets away with everything, they can produce 175 million papers but 2rd shift have to 400 million, or more paper for delervry.
Not great
Mobile Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2015
Not Great. Hardly worked there for couple of months. People didn't have clue about what was going on in the company. Constant change in leadership. No sense of direction. Incompetent people.
Great Job
Circulation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2015
Started in the Transient Receivables Dept adn reduced the aging accounts receivable from 120 days to 90 days. for Ft Lauder dale Sun Sentinel.

Discovered Prostitution scam using customer ID Cards for payment. Turned classification for Adult Entertainment to Cash Only and stopped it,
Worked for company for 35 years.
CIRCULATION EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  CHICAGO, ILNovember 26, 2015
There were many challenges over the years working for company and I met them all. This work
Was in a fast paced environment and was a constant challenge to keep up on a daily basis.
Pros
Steady employment. Union job
Cons
Many tasks cramed into 8 hour day.
Concern about the future
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2015
Long term feels uncertain. There has been a lot of layoffs recently. Great coworkers and manager. Great hours and very flexible manager.
What I learned
Stationary Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2015
I learned so much working here. I was went to school and received my License and other certificates. I will always used what I learned here for the rest of my life.
Used to be a great place to work with a great group of people to work with
Creative Services Designer (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 3, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about Tribune. They were my second family for many years. Unfortunately, they have been outsourcing our work for years now and it has gotten worse. Regrettably, it is time to move on.
Pros
Fun people and great working relationships, benefits
Cons
Outsourcing work to India
Customer Service Assistant
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILOctober 24, 2015
I really enjoyed my Supervisor and Manager.

I was sad when I was getting laidoff. I enjoyed the company.

I also really enjoyed my work.
Excellent Career Company
Manager of Client Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 23, 2015
Great place to start your career and you can grow with the company. Benefit plans and flexibility are a plus. Cohesive approach to projects and collaborative communication.
typical place to work
material hamdler (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILOctober 10, 2015
could had been better but some management issues and some bad co-workers makes the company a so-so place to work some supervisors are great to work with and some upper management also are nice
Tribune has been good to me
Logistics Pre Stage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILOctober 9, 2015
Tee people I work with are the ones I pull for day in and day out. My job puts food on the table for many so I come in everyday giving 110%. I am highly respected in the organization and am always in the mix when a new process is being developed.
work with great people. wish it was full time.
Reporter/Sports Desk (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 29, 2015
I love the job. I love anything to do with sports. The problem is instead of having 3 full time people, they hire 5 part time. They train you, they help you with whatever you need and are great to work with. The pay isn't great but again, I'd be happy to have it be full time with benefits.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no benefits and low pay
ok
Certified Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILAugust 24, 2015
do i really got to say anything about a good easy working enviroment this job taught me alot of things. forklift driving and stacking very cool place
Good work culture, lousy work
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2015
Tribune is a nice place to work because it's right downtown the building is really pretty. Work culture is pretty nice, I did enjoy the people but the management is kind of a mess and the call volume for my section could get kind of overwhelming at peak times of the year. Pay is decent though, 15/hr. Decent gym in the basement.
Pros
Location, Culture
Positive & productive work environment
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2015
As a Client Services representative a typical day would consist of a broad range of task. I track and distribute order that come in via email/fax/self service. I also assist with resolving and follow up with customer concerns. Trouble shoot issues on or before deadline. Performing copy check and proofreading duties including market specific baskets as well as promptly & professionally plugging-in as needed to ensure all calls are answered in a timely manner.
Excellent leadership and project teams
Information Technology Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2015
Tribune truly fosters a team building culture, people are accountable and when faced with adversity they collaboratively tackle the problem. There is a strong sense of camaraderie and project wins or fails are shared evenly with the team. I have never seen an example of a team member throwing another under the bus.

The organization has changed leadership strategies several times over the past several years so there can be a bit of uncertainty within the workforce but executive leadership does actively communicate with employees.

The organization truly believes in work-life balance and often encourages teams to socialize after work to strengthen cross-functional team relationships.
Pros
Excellent leadership and project teams
Cons
Layoffs
Amazing culture, but job is your life for little pay
Co-Op Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILJune 19, 2015
This company is an amazing place to work. But, your job will quickly become your whole life. Management is great in certain areas, but if you end up under the wrong person you can get lost in the mix. Great company to work for, jobs are secure. Pay is much less than most places.
Hartford
Broadcasting (Former Employee) –  hartford ctJune 17, 2015
The lack of morality is only paralleled by the lack of morale. It is a stepping stone at best and a sinking ship at worst. I would not recommend working in the Hartford location unless there is a complete overhaul of management
freelancer paradise or purgatory
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMay 29, 2015
Everyone knows when you're a stringer you'll be called at last minute for assignment, often need to plead your case to create pieces to write and can have them hacked with lack of ad space at a moment's notice.

Overall the Trib is a decent paper to work for... as a stringer you know what you're getting into.
Pros
freelancing
Cons
small pay
meh
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2015
Its a sinking ship I'm afraid. Nice people, some fun projects, but no long term prospects. It's a cemetery. The real power is in Chicago,
Pros
Cool Building
Cons
No future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tribune Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7