Trican Well Service

Trican Well Service United States Employee Reviews

Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Mathis,TXApril 4, 2015
Overall good place to work, Has great benefits. Only draw back was all the yards in the company were not all on the same sheet of music on paperwork that was required for the job.
Good Job
Operator (Current Employee), Shawnee, OKMarch 24, 2015
Is a very good place to work when Oil well drilling is active. They strive to be the safest fracturing company and provide top service to their customers.
Cement Operations Manager (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 20, 2015
Had good people to work with, Upper management could be difficult to work for. Need better training program, very good benefits.
FRAC & Cement Supervisor (Former Employee), Longview,TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: scheduling
I liked this job but management did not know how to schedule jobs. we would go to locations and sit for hours waiting on jobs. It was a new company in the Longview area.
I always gave a hundred percent or more to my job each day and feel like I have accomplished a job well done.
Service Writer (Current Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 7, 2015
Pros: each day challenges me to do better than before.
Cons: dealing with people who do not want to file the proper paperwork to receive item they need.
A typical day at work is for eleven days I work a 12-hour creating work orders for items needed to fix equipment either from the field, shop, or on other locations as needed, make third party work orders and closing all work orders when job is completed. I've learned more how to deal with people who are in a hurry and explain why we need the paperwork a certain way. Management is good to a point. They seem to have a lot of change over in the upper management so getting use to some one different is a challenge. My co-workers are enjoyable to work with. My hardest part of the job is dealing with the Fleet Manger for permits. All I do is ask for them and that puts me in the middle of what the operate needs at that point and how long it takes to receive permits needed from the Fleet Manager. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and knowing I accomplished a my work task in a timely manner.
Oil field experience
Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Weatherford, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: health care benefits
Cons: management
The oil field position was not exactly what I had in mind. The job duties and tasks were what I thought they would be as an Electrical Technician and what I learned in the military translated to this position, but the mentality is totally different. Minimal structure, almost zero foresight, very shoot from the hip. But that is all of the oil field from what I have gathered. Heath benefits are pretty good though. No complaints about that.
Good company values
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), odessaFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great values
Cons: not everyone believes in the values
although the company has good values they did not focus on the individual worker and failed to meet my expectation of putting employees first... over all id say its ok...
the work was easy,and co-works very nices
Driver (Former Employee), Odessa, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great insurance
Cons: no safety
the company lie to all of us about job security and company core values, they make the same excuse to over 98 co-worker the reason they got fire,the company focus on the Hispanic and Africans to fire them, they keep personnel with gross violation (white)
I did not like working for trican.
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee), shawnee, okDecember 18, 2014
Pros: the pay was decent for the okc area. good benefits.
Cons: bad equipment, bad management decisions
Too many equipment failures which could get someone hurt. Under trained staff. There was a very prevalent "I do not care, its not my job," attitude.
good company too work for
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Springtown, TXOctober 30, 2014
Pros: per diem
work there 2yrs straight good people and work environment good team work
Canadian Company
ELECTRONIC SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Mathis, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: great core values
Cons: lack of management stability
Company trying to grow market in US but lacks ability to adjust cultural difference between countries. Company needs to work on management infrastructure.
Trican takes pride in their employees,never putting the job before safety and completes each job with quality.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee), Mill Hall, PAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: on site catering
Cons: incliment weather.
I direct operators and supervisors with their daily activities and procedures in the field. Maintain the quality of each job making sure all materials are in place for completion. Train and mentor fellow workers. Direct and guide co-workers to follow and understand company polices and procedures. Direct employees to follow rules and regulations that the employer and customer require for all operations. Maintain and track all safety equipment and make sure that co-workers and third party hires are using the correct PPE for the task at hand. The most important thing I have learned is how to deal with the multiple personalities that co-workers and third party hires might have or develop on a daily basis. My co-workers are not only my Team mates but they become one big family. Management communicates well with the field supervision. Management is always willing to help with any issues that may arise 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The hardest part of my job is organizing the set up, rig down and mobilizing all equipment to the new location. I enjoy training fellow co-workers, watching them grow with the company and helping them develop the skills to be a valuable asset to the company.
productive
Frac Equipment operator III (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJuly 10, 2014
its a good company to work it, where good place for people who new to oil field easy to learn move up pretty much
Great benefits
Field Cook (Former Employee), Longview, TXJune 28, 2014
Great pay, very long hours and time away from family. Pay close attention as it is dangerous enviromrnt
Good company but ran poorly by children.
Trican employee (Current Employee), Mathis, TXJune 15, 2014
Pros: benefits.
Cons: some managers act like kids. lay offs are common. favoritism.
Good company. Will make you feel like family until their safety numbers go down business goes down then you are nothing to them as they cut you. However I do not recommend the lab of Trican!!! The lab in Mathis is ran by immature children who will cut you if you are not their friend. Sad, your life and career are in the hands of uncaring degenerates stuck in high school.
it was not bad
Welder (Former Employee), Odessa, TXApril 30, 2014
i worked on frac pumps missiles and what ever they needed built
Trican Workday HCM Implementation Project
Senior HCM Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great project
Cons: contract
A challenging project, and a great opportunity to learn a new software package working with the Workday HCM product. The management team is decisive and the team works very well together toward the accomplishment of the goal. The hardest part is coordinating teams remotely. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning opportunity and being able to help Trican meet its goals.
good company
Accounts Payables (Current Employee), texasFebruary 25, 2014
Trican is a good company to work for, there is just little room for advancement in the deparment iwork in
Not so much
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Minot, NDFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: per diem is decent
Cons: housing and paid flights are gone from minot.
The starting pay is okay if you don't have any experience. If you have been in the oil field, the pay sucks. Started with paid housing and flights but that is going to disappear. I have worked for other oil services companies and the benefits aren't that great. Depends on what you are accustomed to. The Minot district is still struggling and employees are expected to do much with little. Crews are small so you get to work harder to make up for lack of manpower. Fellow employees are an awesome bunch of guys and make the work more tolerable. Paper logs are a pain and you get a lot of grief for mistakes. :)

July 27, 2014

Now former employee. :) Trican is hiring again in Minot. There are reasons why this place has a constant turnover. Do not believe the Trican US website regarding breakfast and lunch at the well site. It exists elsewhere in the company but not at Minot. This district is poor and scrambling for work. There are no frills here. One thing I should have said before, if you have worked for a major company before that has stringent pressure safety guidelines, you may be a bit surprised. I was appalled at some of the things I saw. Stay far away from anything under pressure.

Equipment operator I (Former Employee), Springtown TxJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: perdiem
Cons: never home always out of town!
You will work a lot and make good money for someone who is starting out in the oilfield.

Trican Well Service Salaries