Trican Well Service Employee Reviews

Employees were great, management was not
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Springtown, TXSeptember 14, 2017
The biggest thing I miss about working here is the fellow employees. They made working there a lot better. We built trust within one another and could achieve anything as a group.
Great Place to Work
AP Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2017
This is one of very few places where I can honestly say I didn't mind getting up in the morning to go to work! Opportunity for advancement. Great pay.
Enjoy work and golf
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon mbApril 21, 2017
Hard working just want to take care of family need something reliable trican has been a great company to work for they provide a great place to work but I feel like I am being held back and that there is more out there to learn
Pros
Livung allowance
Cons
No health care
very poductive
sand logistics lead (Former Employee) –  Springtown, TXApril 4, 2017
I only wish they had better management to w work under it would have been a great place to work forever but the management was ignorant caused you undo work to do the job
Pros
money
Cons
management
Great place to work at. Learned a lot about fracking here.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 17, 2017
A lot of on hands training. We would work as a team to accomplish our goals for the job at hand. We would help each other out when necessary. We would always have safety meeting and go over the dangerous of the job and how to be prepared if something were to happen. We would also have ongoing training on how to better run our equipment.
Best oilfield company i worked for.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 16, 2017
They took care of their employees. If you needed anything all you had to do was ask and you got it in a hurry. They paid very well and they also had great benefits. Great bosses and great co-workers.
Great place to work, when there is work
Frac Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Worked with many different people and learned different processes of the frac'ing procedures. Most supervisors were outstanding and have vast knowledge of all work stations. Company didn't take care of its employees once work got less and less.
Pros
Good pay good benefits
Cons
Company cared more for themselves than the workers
District Accountant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 29, 2016
Great company to work for and great group of managers to work with. Too bad they shut down their U.S. operations. Otherwise I would still be working there.
A great place to work.
Tech 2 Mechanic Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 19, 2016
There was always something to learn on different equipment. I had great co-workers that kept a positive attitude. A great place to work.
Family like atmosphere
District Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springtown, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Making sure all paperwork was completed for new hires. Co-workers were like family. The hardest part of the job was when we had lay-offs.
Pros
Free lunches
good company
EO 1.3 (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKDecember 20, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about Trican. It's a wonderful company. It's typical oilfield environment. Pay is average and most of the employees are OK guys.
Pros
money
fast paced work enviornment
Fracturing Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mathis, TXNovember 18, 2015
well organized and used core values to base day to day work duties. management was good and open door policy was allowed. has great benefits and organized payroll and HR personnel
Pros
company truck
Cons
no bonuses
It was a good company until we were purchased by Canadians
Account Payable and Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 10, 2015
The Canadians purchased the company then started laying everyone off in order to bring their people down. I loved working there and wished that would have never happen
Bad business in the U.S.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 11, 2015
Canadian owned company that don't seem to care about their operations in the U.S. They seemed to be losing money here after sloppy practices and lost contracts.
good place
Oasis Petrol (Current Employee) –  North DakotaOctober 6, 2015
i like to work for this company in a short time I am learning many things, many experiences on the job, many adventures, fun work palce with supporte management.
Money
TX Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mathis, TXSeptember 28, 2015
If you are single this is a great job for you. Pays very WELL! Had great coworkers and learned a lot about hauling oversized loads. Located in Corpus Christi which is a very beautiful place to live.
Pros
Pays great
Cons
Long hours, great pay checks and great people
Equipment Operator 1-2 (Former Employee) –  Mill Hall, PASeptember 25, 2015
This company provides great benefits. There were always free meals, drinks and snacks for the employees. The days and hours were long and tiresome. So much so that It consumed your every day life until it was just work. The people there were awesome to be around but the work environment was a required tasks. Just like at most companies job advancement was slim to non. On the other hand job security was a given due to how physically demanding the job is. Over all the money is great if you don't mind not having a life.
Pros
Large pay checks
Cons
no life
Excellent
Coiled Tubing Technical Specialist/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2015
Excellent working environment, the focus is truly on customer satisfaction and getting the job done.

The company is efficiently run and is family oriented. In a technical sense, the company is truly a leader in automation/controls. The company's products are high quality and built to last.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No breaks
Favorite part of job
Electronics Technician / Electronics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TexasAugust 24, 2015
One of the best things about working with Trican Well Service was the department I worked in. The electronics dept had some of the best co workers anyone can work with. We were a tight knit family, who would work well with each other and assist other when needed. I miss their company and the kin we had. Would hope to find this in other companies.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
oil field
working Daily
Mechanic 2 (Current Employee) –  Odessa,TxAugust 15, 2015
During a regular work day it can be very interesting wether its in the field or working in shop environment we perform preventative maintenance on equipment and change out major components on a day to day basis we sometimes work together as a team other days it can be individual work.