Trican Well Service Employee Reviews

District Accountant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 29, 2016
Great company to work for and great group of managers to work with. Too bad they shut down their U.S. operations. Otherwise I would still be working there.
A great place to work.
Tech 2 Mechanic Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 19, 2016
There was always something to learn on different equipment. I had great co-workers that kept a positive attitude. A great place to work.
Long hours, great pay checks and great people
Equipment Operator 1-2 (Former Employee) –  Mill Hall, PASeptember 25, 2015
This company provides great benefits. There were always free meals, drinks and snacks for the employees. The days and hours were long and tiresome. So much so that It consumed your every day life until it was just work. The people there were awesome to be around but the work environment was a required tasks. Just like at most companies job advancement was slim to non. On the other hand job security was a given due to how physically demanding the job is. Over all the money is great if you don't mind not having a life.
Pros
Large pay checks
Cons
no life
Favorite part of job
Electronics Technician / Electronics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TexasAugust 24, 2015
One of the best things about working with Trican Well Service was the department I worked in. The electronics dept had some of the best co workers anyone can work with. We were a tight knit family, who would work well with each other and assist other when needed. I miss their company and the kin we had. Would hope to find this in other companies.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
oil field
It was a good company until we were purchased by Canadians
Account Payable and Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 10, 2015
The Canadians purchased the company then started laying everyone off in order to bring their people down. I loved working there and wished that would have never happen
fast paced work enviornment
Fracturing Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mathis, TXNovember 18, 2015
well organized and used core values to base day to day work duties. management was good and open door policy was allowed. has great benefits and organized payroll and HR personnel
Pros
company truck
Cons
no bonuses
Excellent
Coiled Tubing Technical Specialist/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2015
Excellent working environment, the focus is truly on customer satisfaction and getting the job done.

The company is efficiently run and is family oriented. In a technical sense, the company is truly a leader in automation/controls. The company's products are high quality and built to last.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No breaks
Unsafe, poor management and favoritism.
Lab Chemist (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 29, 2015
Trican's core values are not practiced as they preach. Sadly it is common that unethical and unproductive employees receive recognition for bearing with the unsafe work environment. They will tell you be safe but when you actually retaliate if you want to follow safe practices.
Pros
Newer Equipment, Decent Pay.
Cons
Very unsafe, they put people in harms way and favoritism.
management is supportive
Trican Specialist, Global Competency Assessments (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 15, 2015
fun and very busy on a daily basis. coworkers are friendly and helpful. I did not consider any part of my jobs at Trican as "hard". the best times were interacting with coworkers and managers on an international level and knowing that what I was doing could help foster a safer and more productive work environment for Trican and its employee family members.
Pros
core values and devotion to employee well being
Cons
employment can be efeected by market.
good company
EO 1.3 (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKDecember 20, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about Trican. It's a wonderful company. It's typical oilfield environment. Pay is average and most of the employees are OK guys.
Pros
money
working Daily
Mechanic 2 (Current Employee) –  Odessa,TxAugust 15, 2015
During a regular work day it can be very interesting wether its in the field or working in shop environment we perform preventative maintenance on equipment and change out major components on a day to day basis we sometimes work together as a team other days it can be individual work.
Good people and good environment to work in
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 13, 2015
The people are nice and always willing to help. The environment is nice but can get a bit over whelming at times. The soldiers are left in the dark, and by soldiers I mean (the Employees). Hardest working bunch of men and ladies I ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Upper Management above the District Level
Oil field experience
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMarch 5, 2015
The oil field position was not exactly what I had in mind. The job duties and tasks were what I thought they would be as an Electrical Technician and what I learned in the military translated to this position, but the mentality is totally different. Minimal structure, almost zero foresight, very shoot from the hip. But that is all of the oil field from what I have gathered. Heath benefits are pretty good though. No complaints about that.
Pros
Health care benefits
Money
TX Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mathis, TXSeptember 28, 2015
If you are single this is a great job for you. Pays very WELL! Had great coworkers and learned a lot about hauling oversized loads. Located in Corpus Christi which is a very beautiful place to live.
Pros
Pays great
Operator
Field Engineer (Field Technical Representative II) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, TXMay 9, 2015
Work for Trican, The people i work with were great and i learned a lot from everyone. Training in the post production to Acid treatment, Pipeline Work and bidding. to writing all Acid proposal for US operation. All bid work for Pipeline service, Pig, Caliper and pig runs.
Pros
Training and people
Cons
Management.
Good company but ran poorly by children.
Trican employee (Current Employee) –  Mathis, TXJune 15, 2014
Good company. Will make you feel like family until their safety numbers go down business goes down then you are nothing to them as they cut you. However I do not recommend the lab of Trican!!! The lab in Mathis is ran by immature children who will cut you if you are not their friend. Sad, your life and career are in the hands of uncaring degenerates stuck in high school.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Some managers act like kids. Lay offs are common. Favoritism.
Trican Workday HCM Implementation Project
Senior HCM Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
A challenging project, and a great opportunity to learn a new software package working with the Workday HCM product. The management team is decisive and the team works very well together toward the accomplishment of the goal. The hardest part is coordinating teams remotely. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning opportunity and being able to help Trican meet its goals.
Pros
Great Project
Cons
Contract
Not so much
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDFebruary 24, 2014
The starting pay is okay if you don't have any experience. If you have been in the oil field, the pay sucks. Started with paid housing and flights but that is going to disappear. I have worked for other oil services companies and the benefits aren't that great. Depends on what you are accustomed to. The Minot district is still struggling and employees are expected to do much with little. Crews are small so you get to work harder to make up for lack of manpower. Fellow employees are an awesome bunch of guys and make the work more tolerable. Paper logs are a pain and you get a lot of grief for mistakes. :)
Pros
Per diem is decent
Cons
Housing and paid flights are gone from Minot.

Comment – July 27, 2014

Now former employee. :) Trican is hiring again in Minot. There are reasons why this place has a constant turnover. Do not believe the Trican US website regarding breakfast and lunch at the well site. It exists elsewhere in the company but not at Minot. This district is poor and scrambling for work. There are no frills here. One thing I should have said before, if you have worked for a major company before that has stringent pressure safety guidelines, you may be a bit surprised. I was appalled at some of the things I saw. Stay far away from anything under pressure.

Very satisfied there, explored other challenges
o Fluid Technician and quality assurance (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKAugust 13, 2013
Overall my experience was optimum with Trican, a lot of hours away from home but the job demanded it due to the fact that our emphasis on job quality was very high on every job. Trican bought Vanguard Stimulation services initially, with that said, the Vanguard ethic was this. "Quality isn't a behavior, it's a habit. That remained intact during my time with Trican, The management was second to none. The culture was amazing and one in which I am very proud to have served,
Pros
No complaints.
Bad business in the U.S.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 11, 2015
Canadian owned company that don't seem to care about their operations in the U.S. They seemed to be losing money here after sloppy practices and lost contracts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trican Well Service. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8