TriCore Reference Laboratories

TriCore Reference Laboratories Employer Reviews

Comminity Active
Laboratory Trainer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoNovember 26, 2014
Tricore is very involved in the local commnity and has consumed the market in the Albuqerque area. They will work you to death, without giving you the pay rate you are worth.
Great Opportunities
Materials Management/ Clerical II (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 22, 2014
Pros: great people to work with!!!!!
Cons: management doesn't understand the functions and concerns of the staff.
Co-workers are Awesome.

I learned several functions and wore "many hats". I hope to find another job just as challenging and fun!

Patient care is very rewarding.
Lots of opportunities to volunteer in community health activities and career fairs in high schools!
Okay place to work
Tech (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 22, 2014
Pros: stable, professional
Cons: policies leave no room for origionality
Tricore is a good place to work if you enjoy repetitive tasks with little to no change. Raises and promotions almost seem to come to everyone around the same time no matter what your performance.
Welcome to hell.
Med Tech (Current Employee), Somewhere in, NMMarch 20, 2014
Cons: environment, safety, quality of work, back stabbing, management and upper management, revolving door.
I have never worked in such a hostile, vindictive environment. Techs that have ZERO credentials or qualifications are given important roles, techs that have caused the death of a patient are still working, and management is a joke. There's no one to turn to for any kind of help because nobody cares about anything other than the bottom line. We have – more... to buy our own markers and pens and hope we have them the next day. The procedure manuals should be turned over to CAP and AABB so they can see exactly what's lacking. I'm glad I'm leaving before something happens and I lose my credentials because of something this company is doing wrong. Now I understand why there was a mass exodus out of here when I started, and people continue to come and go. – less
Great place to work.
Billing Research Specialist (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 5, 2014
I worked for Tricore for 3 years. I have grown so much with this company. I feel that I have increased my medical billing experience.
Worst Company - too political top down approach
Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque- headquartersFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: wellness and benefits
Cons: c-suite, senior managment, and poor hr senior leadership
I worked for TriCore for 8 years. Worst experience. I went thru six CIO's , two CEO's, and 3 HR Directors. There we some many changes within management and HR that only the long term employees and the CFO survived.

There was in-fighting within my department and they hired a COO that felt that he was above the law making things very difficult for everyone. – more... That sad things is that the interim- CEO M. Crossey wanted TriCore to be recognized as the best employer while was oblivious to his own operational and management issues. I enjoyed their Wellness program. Love the fact that there were career ladders but no path to senior management Lab opportunities. – less
phlobotomy for TriCore
phlobotomist (Former Employee), Albuquerque nmNovember 6, 2013
Pros: i've got a year experience
I worked inpatient at Presbyterians hospital for TriCore labs.I had to take a leave. of absence to raise.

raise my boys due to the fact their dad had just died.
Productive, I learned alot
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Clovis, NMOctober 27, 2013
Pros: getting to see so many newborns.
Cons: drama within the workplace.
Typical workplace with a young variety of coworkers where I generally picked up skills by watching and hands on experience and asked a lot of questions to absorb knowledge. I liked to stay busy and accept challenges that I could learn from. I enjoyed greatly working with all different kinds of people, patients mostly, and enjoy helping with anything.
Encourage educational growth
Laboratory Specimen Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 7, 2013
Pros: great empoyee perks
Cons: things get so busy that sometimes it's hard to take a break.
I love that this company encourage educational growth, they will pay for your education to advance your career.

They are very active in the community to help out where they can.
Best Company in my professional career
Clinical Lab Assistant II/Forensic Phlebotomist (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueMay 2, 2013
First job I have ever had that I didn't mind getting up and going to work. Very structured and efficient company, with great focus on patient care and accuracy. I enjoyed my time in the Forensic collections department and learned so much from my supervising staff. I would highly recommend Tricore as an employment choice.
Worst place on earth to work.
Core Lab (Former Employee), Albuquerque,NMMay 1, 2013
Cons: pay, benefits, management.
Pay is terrible, benefits are deplorable and work conditions are the worst I've seen in decades of work in the field. Senior management has destroyed this organization and ensured that it is a miserable place to work. Stay as far away as possible.
employee
business office (Current Employee), woodwordApril 17, 2013
I am a current employee. TriCore isn't a great place to work. The management is horrible. They do not give you the tools you need to get the job done. They keep sending employee surveys to us, but it's no point in filling them out anymore they don't listen to employees. Benefits suck! If you work there for 5 years or under you don't even get an entire – more... day off per check. – less
Keeping busy
Human Resources Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 9, 2012
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: benefits
entering payroll and other duties throughout the day
How to enter information into People fluent , Ultipro, Samba databases.
Nice group to work with
getting let go due to restructure of HR Department
Meeting people
Productive and a Fun Place to Work
Client Services (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 13, 2012
Pros: potlucks, vto, working on weekends
Cons: working on weekends, no cafeteria, isolated location
I worked in a inbound call center. I assist patients, doctors, and nurses regarding test codes, test tubes, turnaround times, storage of specimen, attend monthly team meetings, courier dispatch etc. I learn how to work with different personalities and my Co-Workers were friendly and willing to help. Management had an open door policy always there when – more... you need to speak to them. Hardest part of the job is to know when to stop. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, or knowing you are helping someone out. – less
Senior leadership is driving TriCore to the ground.
Tech (Current Employee), PHSJune 25, 2012
Pros: staff is great
Cons: senior leaders
I have been with TriCore for over 15 years and this is the worst it has ever been. Stay away. There are better places to work. I hear Quest is hiring
A Job that taught me a lot about becoming a good trainer.
Lead CLA & Lab Specimen Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 11, 2012
Pros: pay, promotions, benifits, working with others, and being believed in.
Cons: work hours
I use to work the night shift from 5pm till 1am except on Fridays I would work from 9am till 5:30pm. A typical work day was coming into work and going through my email along with my In Box to see what the day held for me. Each day was different, but the information that I needed to get accross was always important.

Working for a Lab you have to realize – more... that with each specimen you receive that is someone's life your holding in your hands. I taught all the new hires how to data entry requisitions, how to receive specimens, how to process specimens, the requirments for each specimen, and in other cases how to draw blood needed for a specimen. This job is the job that taught me how to become a teacher, how to deal with different personalities, how to handle many different situations, and how to be calm when giving a presentation to upper management when the Lab was in need of new and better equipment.
In this job, I would work hand in hand with co-workers, floor workers, and management to make sure that we all were making the best workplace enviroment possible and not slack on patient needs.

The harderst part of this job was first starting out. It was my supervisors boss that came to me and asked if I would like to become a Department Trainer, so they knew they were taking someone and training them from scratch to become a trainer. It turned out that I enjoyed this job and was very good at it. Now, I did have some hiccups along the way, but as they say we learn from our mistakes.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the satisfaction I felt when someone understood what I was talking about and could preform thier job without someone always looking over thier shoulder. It also felt good when they would say "she taught me everything I know." – less