TriCore Reference Laboratories Employee Reviews

not stable
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 2, 2017
A typical day at work, patient interaction, as well as working with fellow employees. I learned that going above and beyond your work duties is appreciated by the patients as well as self gratification.
Untrustworthy management
Customer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 15, 2016
Tell lies to employees and customers. There representives tell you one thing and do another. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. They are bad news
Pros
Cons
Untrustworthy, lie
Productive great place to learn
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMDecember 8, 2016
Coworkers were great to work with, they did everything they could to teach you what you needed to know. The management wasn't the best, they were never around when you needed them.
Benefits
Cons
Management was never around
Management needs a redo
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 20, 2016
With little or lack of experience in management, Tricore seems to be on a shortage of leadership skills. Poor leadership styles restitute poor work ethic. I was told by one manager that communication should remain a one way street, manager to subordinate and nothing more.
good place to work
Logistics Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 18, 2016
a good place to work and great place of people to work for and a lot of knowledge and meet a lot of great people here Management always had a open door policy
A Busy and Non-Stop Work Environment
Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 17, 2016
A busy and non stop work environment. This includes drawing over 15 patients in an hour time span. Not to mention the fact you have to go to the patients room on his/her floor. Having to adapt to the pace comes with challenge for most, but I find it to be fun and challenging.
Pros
Always busy / Able to adapt to fast pace work environments
Cons
Short breaks / No rest time
A very stressful work environment with a great boss!
Client Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 16, 2016
We were typically understaffed, and there was a high turnover rate in my department. This was because of the intense workload. However, I really increased my skills in working quickly and efficiently, and I met a lot of wonderful people that I can still call my friends. The department never would've survived without its overall department head, who was the reason that many people stayed. She had the best attitude and always treated everyone with the utmost respect.
Was a great company to work for
Benefits and Compensation Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 13, 2016
TriCore Reference Laboratorties is a very good company to work for and has excellent benefits. I loved what I did and also loved my pay. I liked helping out all the employees with any questions they had.
Does not care about It's employees
CLA1 (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 6, 2015
They will run you into the ground. They will throw you under the bus any chance they get. When it comes down to it, this company does not have your back.
Many excellent co-workers and supervisor.
Medical Scientist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMSeptember 17, 2015
Worked in Medical Laboratory for 37 years and enjoyed my job and the people I met very much. We cared about our patients and helped each other provide the best work for the benefit of the patient. My job was fulfilling.
Pros
Great supervisor, great co-workers and great benefits.
Cons
Became too fast-paced for me as I became older.
not the best place
Lab Tech II (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJuly 30, 2015
You work hard for pay that does not match the amount of work you do. they make it difficult for you to grow & develop in the company.
Horrible place to work management does not listen long days no breaks
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  ALBUQUERQUE,NEW MEXICOJuly 27, 2015
Huge turnover management punishes remaining associates for others leaving. Mandatory overtime is never a few days but for months on end with no breaks and short lunches for a 12 hour day.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NO BREAKS, LONG HOURS, NO APPRECIATION FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES
Great work environment
Benefits & Compensation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2015
TriCore was a great place to work and enjoyed the many healthy activities/events TriCore offered on a quarterly basis.
Busy environment
Manager Nursing Home North (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 22, 2015
It was a great place to work if you like fast paced. Nursing homes were challenging due to the nursing personnel changes at the facilities. TriCore did the best in covering and providing great customer care.
Pros
oncall till 10:00 only
Cons
Lots of home to cover with team members
Very understaffed
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alb, NMDecember 22, 2014
Long hours and no breaks and a lot of miscommunication between management and employees.
Benefits
Comminity Active
Laboratory Trainer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoNovember 26, 2014
Tricore is very involved in the local commnity and has consumed the market in the Albuqerque area. They will work you to death, without giving you the pay rate you are worth.
Great Opportunities
Materials Management/ Clerical II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 22, 2014
Co-workers are Awesome.

I learned several functions and wore "many hats". I hope to find another job just as challenging and fun!

Patient care is very rewarding.
Lots of opportunities to volunteer in community health activities and career fairs in high schools!
Pros
Great people to work with!!!!!
Cons
Management doesn't understand the functions and concerns of the staff.
Okay place to work
Tech (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 22, 2014
Tricore is a good place to work if you enjoy repetitive tasks with little to no change. Raises and promotions almost seem to come to everyone around the same time no matter what your performance.
Pros
Stable, professional
Cons
Policies leave no room for origionality
Welcome to hell.
Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in, NMMarch 20, 2014
I have never worked in such a hostile, vindictive environment. Techs that have ZERO credentials or qualifications are given important roles, techs that have caused the death of a patient are still working, and management is a joke. There's no one to turn to for any kind of help because nobody cares about anything other than the bottom line. We have to buy our own markers and pens and hope we have them the next day. The procedure manuals should be turned over to CAP and AABB so they can see exactly what's lacking. I'm glad I'm leaving before something happens and I lose my credentials because of something this company is doing wrong. Now I understand why there was a mass exodus out of here when I started, and people continue to come and go.
Pros
Cons
Environment, safety, quality of work, back stabbing, management and upper management, revolving door.
Great place to work.
Billing Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 5, 2014
I worked for Tricore for 3 years. I have grown so much with this company. I feel that I have increased my medical billing experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TriCore Reference Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8