TriCore Reference Laboratories Employee Reviews

Many excellent co-workers and supervisor.
Medical Scientist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMSeptember 17, 2015
Worked in Medical Laboratory for 37 years and enjoyed my job and the people I met very much. We cared about our patients and helped each other provide the best work for the benefit of the patient. My job was fulfilling.
Pros
Great supervisor, great co-workers and great benefits.
Cons
Became too fast-paced for me as I became older.
not the best place
Lab Tech II (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJuly 30, 2015
You work hard for pay that does not match the amount of work you do. they make it difficult for you to grow & develop in the company.
Horrible place to work management does not listen long days no breaks
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  ALBUQUERQUE,NEW MEXICOJuly 27, 2015
Huge turnover management punishes remaining associates for others leaving. Mandatory overtime is never a few days but for months on end with no breaks and short lunches for a 12 hour day.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NO BREAKS, LONG HOURS, NO APPRECIATION FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES
Great work environment
Benefits & Compensation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2015
TriCore was a great place to work and enjoyed the many healthy activities/events TriCore offered on a quarterly basis.
Busy environment
Manager Nursing Home North (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 22, 2015
It was a great place to work if you like fast paced. Nursing homes were challenging due to the nursing personnel changes at the facilities. TriCore did the best in covering and providing great customer care.
Pros
oncall till 10:00 only
Cons
lots of home to cover with team members
Very understaffed
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alb, NMDecember 22, 2014
Long hours and no breaks and a lot of miscommunication between management and employees.
benefits
Comminity Active
Laboratory Trainer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoNovember 26, 2014
Tricore is very involved in the local commnity and has consumed the market in the Albuqerque area. They will work you to death, without giving you the pay rate you are worth.
Great Opportunities
Materials Management/ Clerical II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 22, 2014
Co-workers are Awesome.

I learned several functions and wore "many hats". I hope to find another job just as challenging and fun!

Patient care is very rewarding.
Lots of opportunities to volunteer in community health activities and career fairs in high schools!
Pros
great people to work with!!!!!
Cons
management doesn't understand the functions and concerns of the staff.
Okay place to work
Tech (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 22, 2014
Tricore is a good place to work if you enjoy repetitive tasks with little to no change. Raises and promotions almost seem to come to everyone around the same time no matter what your performance.
Pros
stable, professional
Cons
policies leave no room for origionality
Welcome to hell.
Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in, NMMarch 20, 2014
I have never worked in such a hostile, vindictive environment. Techs that have ZERO credentials or qualifications are given important roles, techs that have caused the death of a patient are still working, and management is a joke. There's no one to turn to for any kind of help because nobody cares about anything other than the bottom line. We have to buy our own markers and pens and hope we have them the next day. The procedure manuals should be turned over to CAP and AABB so they can see exactly what's lacking. I'm glad I'm leaving before something happens and I lose my credentials because of something this company is doing wrong. Now I understand why there was a mass exodus out of here when I started, and people continue to come and go.
Cons
environment, safety, quality of work, back stabbing, management and upper management, revolving door.
Great place to work.
Billing Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 5, 2014
I worked for Tricore for 3 years. I have grown so much with this company. I feel that I have increased my medical billing experience.
Worst Company - too political top down approach
Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque- headquartersFebruary 28, 2014
I worked for TriCore for 8 years. Worst experience. I went thru six CIO's , two CEO's, and 3 HR Directors. There we some many changes within management and HR that only the long term employees and the CFO survived.

There was in-fighting within my department and they hired a COO that felt that he was above the law making things very difficult for everyone. That sad things is that the interim- CEO M. Crossey wanted TriCore to be recognized as the best employer while was oblivious to his own operational and management issues. I enjoyed their Wellness program. Love the fact that there were career ladders but no path to senior management Lab opportunities.
Pros
wellness and benefits
Cons
c-suite, senior managment, and poor hr senior leadership
phlobotomy for TriCore
phlobotomist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque nmNovember 6, 2013
I worked inpatient at Presbyterians hospital for TriCore labs.I had to take a leave. of absence to raise.

raise my boys due to the fact their dad had just died.
Pros
i've got a year experience
Productive, I learned alot
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMOctober 27, 2013
Typical workplace with a young variety of coworkers where I generally picked up skills by watching and hands on experience and asked a lot of questions to absorb knowledge. I liked to stay busy and accept challenges that I could learn from. I enjoyed greatly working with all different kinds of people, patients mostly, and enjoy helping with anything.
Pros
getting to see so many newborns.
Cons
drama within the workplace.
Encourage educational growth
Laboratory Specimen Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 7, 2013
I love that this company encourage educational growth, they will pay for your education to advance your career.

They are very active in the community to help out where they can.
Pros
great empoyee perks
Cons
things get so busy that sometimes it's hard to take a break.
Best Company in my professional career
Clinical Lab Assistant II/Forensic Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueMay 2, 2013
First job I have ever had that I didn't mind getting up and going to work. Very structured and efficient company, with great focus on patient care and accuracy. I enjoyed my time in the Forensic collections department and learned so much from my supervising staff. I would highly recommend Tricore as an employment choice.
Worst place on earth to work.
Core Lab (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque,NMMay 1, 2013
Pay is terrible, benefits are deplorable and work conditions are the worst I've seen in decades of work in the field. Senior management has destroyed this organization and ensured that it is a miserable place to work. Stay as far away as possible.
Cons
pay, benefits, management.
employee
business office (Current Employee) –  woodwordApril 17, 2013
I am a current employee. TriCore isn't a great place to work. The management is horrible. They do not give you the tools you need to get the job done. They keep sending employee surveys to us, but it's no point in filling them out anymore they don't listen to employees. Benefits suck! If you work there for 5 years or under you don't even get an entire day off per check.
Keeping busy
Human Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 9, 2012
entering payroll and other duties throughout the day
How to enter information into People fluent , Ultipro, Samba databases.
Nice group to work with
getting let go due to restructure of HR Department
Meeting people
Pros
nice people to work with
benefits
Productive and a Fun Place to Work
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 13, 2012
I worked in a inbound call center. I assist patients, doctors, and nurses regarding test codes, test tubes, turnaround times, storage of specimen, attend monthly team meetings, courier dispatch etc. I learn how to work with different personalities and my Co-Workers were friendly and willing to help. Management had an open door policy always there when you need to speak to them. Hardest part of the job is to know when to stop. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, or knowing you are helping someone out.
Pros
potlucks, vto, working on weekends
Cons
working on weekends, no cafeteria, isolated location