Trident Medical Center

Trident Medical Center Employee Reviews

Med/Surg worst job I've ever had
RN (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Bullying from techs and charge RNs.
In orientation, they present this wonderful vision of a medical facility. Once you are on the med/surg floor, things are quite different. Bullying, unsafe practices, chaotic night shift scheduling, charge – more... nurse frequent smoke breaks and patient to nurse ratio of 7 to 1 was unbearable. No support for new grads- my 12 week orientation was cut to 4 weeks. I quit after 3 months after having panic attacks before work. Went to another local hospital and things were Very different- love this job. Trident is for experienced nurses only! – less
Fast Paced Enviroment
Prep Cook, (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 12, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: Not satifying to me
Very busy. Sometimes they care and other times not so much.
ok working after a person that's not capable of doing the job.
Great atmosphere
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMay 29, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on a patient's face and making a difference in at least one person's day. Hardest part is forming connections with patients and their family's that are terminally ill.
Good place to work, always on the move repairing just about everything.
Engineer/ Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 27, 2015
What I enjoy most about the job, was the time I spent with our guests,,,I always looked at them as family,,,,,and treated them as such. The hardest part of the job was walking on to floor where some one has just passed and the family is beside themself.
I enjoyed the staff that I worked with.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 2, 2015
Pros: The employees that I worked with worked with were great people to work with.
Cons: Healthcare got worse every year, and your managers on up to the C.E.O. seem to care less and less.
They would not let you advance unless you knew somebody or you were one of the friends. They always had their favorites even though they would tell you that they treated everybody the same. The managers – more... and supervisors would always bend the rules for others but not for the ones that they like and trying to get vacation approved was puling teeth. I did enjoy working the my fellow workers they were always a joy to work with. I also enjoyed helping the patients that came in, it made me felt I was doing good when the patient would leave with a smile on their face. The hardest part about the job was at times I would have sent the patients away because of insufficient funds, it reminded me that it was a business first and caring hospital second or third. – less
POOR communication
applicant (Former Employee), north charleston, scMarch 27, 2015
This company posts positions and cancels them. HR does not communicate well with the applicants. There seems to be a lot of confusion with management within the hospital communicating with corporate human resources. Not much faith in this system.
Trident
Pharmacy (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2015
Trident is a nice medium size hospital. Overall its a pretty good place to work. They are expanding in every direction but do not have enough staff to support the growth. In addition, there are numerous inefficiencies that they need to worked on to make it a well functioning health system
Overworked and underpaid for your experience. You are easily replaceable by someone cheaper.
Registered Vascular Technologist (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCOctober 31, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed the second shift crew.
Cons: no lunch breaks. over worked.
I worked at this hospital for over six years. I picked up extra shifts to cover when someone called out or was on vacation. I worked second shift solo and rarely got a lunch due to overbooking and the – more... amount of inpatients and er patients that were ordered. The amount of butt kissing was rediculous and if you were not part of the click your job was in jeopardy. I saw a lot of good techs go. HR is a joke. No one backs up good employees. – less
productive work environment
Float Nurse (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMay 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
patient ratio was high 7 patient to one nurse at times
but team work was utilize
Poor working environment, unprofessional mgmt, unsafe practices
Registered Nurse (floor) (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMay 3, 2014
Pros: providing patient care
Cons: see review...
Besides providing my own high standard of patient care and some staff being great to work with, I don't have anything positive to add. Understaffed, high turnover, patient ratios too high, many patient's – more... acuity level inappropriate for the floor, unsafe practices, faulty equipment, 12 hr shifts are usually 14, run nonstop many times without breaks, management unprofessional, and team work is encouraged during generic staff meetings but only implemented if you're part of a clique. I am thankful to have left. – less
Great
Emergency Care Technician (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 20, 2014
It was a great place to work and will miss the people. I liked that hours
Good place to work takes care of their employees
Patient Support Tech in Surgical Services (Current Employee), charleston,scMarch 8, 2014
I had a wonderful experience here. I have been a Patient Support Technician in the Operating Rooms here four 4 and a half years. The only reason I am leaving is because I am graduating soon and want to use my education to its fullest.
Care of post-cardiac surgery patients.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: teamwork.
Cons: management.
Worked 12hr night shift. Wonderful co-workers. Challenging work environment.
Although my time at this facility was shortened doe to the birth of my third child, it was an overall positive experience.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: location, eight hour shifts
Cons: evening and night shifts only
I enjoyed my employment at this facility. We had recently moved back to South Carolina and this part time position was perfect for our family. I enjoyed my work in the newborn nursery and had mixed emotions about giving it up after the birth of my third child. All of my co-workers and managers were very easy to work with.
ok
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: the nurses don't help you with anything
It is not the job of my dreams but this job makes you want to do better.
My experience their was arduous.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Trident Medical Center, North Charleston, SCJanuary 7, 2014
It's not for everyone, certainly not me. It was very hard work. I feel that the transition from becoming travel nurse to a permanent nurse was not great for me. I did not feel apart of the team or made – more... to feel like part of the team. However I did have wonderful nurse managers there on the med-surg and float pool who were very supportive, caring and brought out the best in me. However it still takes a team of supportive nurses and ancillary staff to rally around you and with you to give the quality care to the patients in our care who deserve the best we have to offer. – less
Good management, poor benefit implementation, full work day
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 29, 2013
Pros: work with lots of people, many have very good work ethic and attitude.
Cons: big corporate policies and inventory, not easily changed.
Strong hands on management style from the top down. Bi-annual employee survey taken seriously by management, and responded to in a timely fashion. Changes usually implemented by the 2nd fiscal quarter. – more...
Benefits were the only lacking issue, and mainly with timely reimbursement for qualified procedures. I was and a few of my co-workers experienced problems with getting insurances to cover procedures or therapy, they said was covered but then be denied.
Typical day at work is a half an hour to get report of your patient assignment. An average hour and a half to two hours to complete your patient rounds and four patient rounds to do in a 12 hour shift. The extra time is typically used covering outpatients, ER calls, patient transportation, nonstandard or emergent procedures, patient and family education, rounding with the physicians, changing orders, working out treatment plans with staff and physicians.

Hardest part of the job is the increasing charting and administrative duties on the computer.
Most enjoyable part is the patient and family interaction. – less
busy, never staffed. unsafe
RN-ER (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCDecember 27, 2013
very busy hospital/ER. never staffed appropriately. coworkers are amazing, awesome teamwork. hard to keep up with pt acuity and being safe. all about the bottom dollar.
Summary
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 9, 2013
Provide support to physicians and nurses under the supervision of charge nurse. Daily activities include: drawing blood, starting intravenous therapy, obtaining electrocardiogram from patients.
Fast Paced
HR Generalist (Current Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 5, 2013
Great company. Opportunity to move within departments. Typical workweek 40 hours.

Learned how to multitask and ask for direction.

Enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the employees.

Great coworkers.

About Trident Medical Center

Joining the Lowcountry in 1975, Trident Medical Center is a 313-bed, tertiary-care hospital providing a comprehensive range of – Read more