Trident Medical Center

Trident Medical Center Employer Reviews

Poor working environment, unprofessional mgmt, unsafe practices
Registered Nurse (floor) (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMay 3, 2014
Pros: providing patient care
Cons: see review...
Besides providing my own high standard of patient care and some staff being great to work with, I don't have anything positive to add. Understaffed, high turnover, patient ratios too high, many patient's acuity level inappropriate for the floor, unsafe practices, faulty equipment, 12 hr shifts are usually 14, run nonstop many times without breaks, management – more... unprofessional, and team work is encouraged during generic staff meetings but only implemented if you're part of a clique. I am thankful to have left. – less
Great
Emergency Care Technician (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 20, 2014
It was a great place to work and will miss the people. I liked that hours
Good place to work takes care of their employees
Patient Support Tech in Surgical Services (Current Employee), charleston,scMarch 8, 2014
I had a wonderful experience here. I have been a Patient Support Technician in the Operating Rooms here four 4 and a half years. The only reason I am leaving is because I am graduating soon and want to use my education to its fullest.
Care of post-cardiac surgery patients.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: teamwork.
Cons: management.
Worked 12hr night shift. Wonderful co-workers. Challenging work environment.
Although my time at this facility was shortened doe to the birth of my third child, it was an overall positive experience.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: location, eight hour shifts
Cons: evening and night shifts only
I enjoyed my employment at this facility. We had recently moved back to South Carolina and this part time position was perfect for our family. I enjoyed my work in the newborn nursery and had mixed emotions about giving it up after the birth of my third child. All of my co-workers and managers were very easy to work with.
ok
Patient Care Tech (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: the nurses don't help you with anything
It is not the job of my dreams but this job makes you want to do better.
My experience their was arduous.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Trident Medical Center, North Charleston, SCJanuary 7, 2014
It's not for everyone, certainly not me. It was very hard work. I feel that the transition from becoming travel nurse to a permanent nurse was not great for me. I did not feel apart of the team or made to feel like part of the team. However I did have wonderful nurse managers there on the med-surg and float pool who were very supportive, caring and – more... brought out the best in me. However it still takes a team of supportive nurses and ancillary staff to rally around you and with you to give the quality care to the patients in our care who deserve the best we have to offer. – less
Good management, poor benefit implementation, full work day
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 29, 2013
Pros: work with lots of people, many have very good work ethic and attitude.
Cons: big corporate policies and inventory, not easily changed.
Strong hands on management style from the top down. Bi-annual employee survey taken seriously by management, and responded to in a timely fashion. Changes usually implemented by the 2nd fiscal quarter.
Benefits were the only lacking issue, and mainly with timely reimbursement for qualified procedures. I was and a few of my co-workers experienced problems – more... with getting insurances to cover procedures or therapy, they said was covered but then be denied.
Typical day at work is a half an hour to get report of your patient assignment. An average hour and a half to two hours to complete your patient rounds and four patient rounds to do in a 12 hour shift. The extra time is typically used covering outpatients, ER calls, patient transportation, nonstandard or emergent procedures, patient and family education, rounding with the physicians, changing orders, working out treatment plans with staff and physicians.

Hardest part of the job is the increasing charting and administrative duties on the computer.
Most enjoyable part is the patient and family interaction. – less
busy, never staffed. unsafe
RN-ER (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCDecember 27, 2013
very busy hospital/ER. never staffed appropriately. coworkers are amazing, awesome teamwork. hard to keep up with pt acuity and being safe. all about the bottom dollar.
Summary
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 9, 2013
Provide support to physicians and nurses under the supervision of charge nurse. Daily activities include: drawing blood, starting intravenous therapy, obtaining electrocardiogram from patients.
Fast Paced
HR Generalist (Current Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 5, 2013
Great company. Opportunity to move within departments. Typical workweek 40 hours.

Learned how to multitask and ask for direction.

Enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the employees.

Great coworkers.
poor
LPN on Medical/Surgical unit (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 18, 2013
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: not enough staff
Not enough staff. Too many managers. Very busy. No time for bathroom breaks or lunch.
fair
Registered Nurse on Med/Surg unit (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 13, 2013
Pros: working with patients
Poor staffing. Unstable hours. I enjoyed the patients and my co workers.
Nice hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Summerville, SCOctober 2, 2013
This hospital is a nice place to work minus the management. You do the same thing day after day with no respect. Hours are good, pay is decent and room to move up is there, but it takes a lot to get there.
Well known community hospital
Patient Care Coordinator/Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 16, 2013
Fast paced cardiac telemetry unit, focusing on acute/chronic cardiac issues as primary source of admission (most patients with multisystem involvement); involved in changes throughout hospital-new initiatives as well as process improvements.
Patient care always a plus!
A job where there was never a "light" day
Account Representative (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCAugust 19, 2013
Pros: i didn't have to travel far
Cons: the traffic was horrific
Most of the job was calling insurance companies and following up on payments to the hospital. In doing so I learned alot about ICD 9 Coding. My co workers were helpful when I or anyone else needed assistance, but it was not a very sociable place. The hardest part of the job was learning the different contracts with the different companies. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job as getting payment on a high dollar claim that I had constantly worked. – less
Hands on experience with no pressure
Volunteer (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: free lunch short work day
Cons: no breaks and no pay
I learn bedside manner,
How to help some one to restroom,
Help people get dressed,
No stress
Easy going atmosphere
Credit toward nursing school
Very busy environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Trident Medical Center, North Charleston, S.C.July 11, 2013
I was able to learn many new skills. The nurses worked well together.
Trident Medical Center
Diet Clerk (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 17, 2013
I can honestly say, if it had not been for my pregnancy complications, I most likely would have been still working for this company to this day. Benefits, hourly pay and fellow employees are all amazing. I always enjoyed working with my fellow employees, as well as the patients.
Nice people to work with
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCOctober 8, 2012
Pros: 3 day work schedule
Cons: pay
Helping patients. Learned to help people to cope with loss and giving back to people who could not help themselves. Management would help as long as they know what you need. The most enjoyable part was my three day work week but I could pick up extra days if needed.