Trident Medical Center Employee Reviews

Liked working for this company
MEDICAL CODER 1 (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 29, 2017
This company was very enjoyable to work for, I loved the work and was kept very busy. They also had continuing education to help keep you up to date on the current codes.
poor morale and poor leadership
RN in the Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 27, 2017
While our physicians and most of my co-workers were truly amazing and a pleasure to work with the lack of good leadership from our Director has made this place very difficult to work for. There is a very upsetting lack of accountability for people who are in the right "clique". This has caused very poor morale among people who work very hard there.
Overall Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse-Outpatient Hospital Clinic (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 24, 2017
Great place and environment overall to work. The pace where I work can be fast paced at time, but also overall balanced. The culture is positive. Management overall that I have been under have been positive and active in heir roles. All places of employment have their pros and cons, but overall this is a great place to work!
Great Management
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 20, 2017
Trident Medical Center has great nursing managers who are wonderful to work with. They have great leadership qualities and genuinely care about their staff. The managers want to see their employees succeed and equip them with the tools to provide the best quality care to their patients. They are a great example of the HCA mission!
Best Hospital in Charleston
RN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 13, 2017
Absolutely fantastic and supportive environment. Great and caring nurses putting patient care first! Supportive management and great vision from the Executive team. Very collaborative decision making in my department.
Very stressful
Lead MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 6, 2017
I did have a manager who worked with us when it came to time off. She was extremely knowledgeable in our field but management did not offer much assistance especially when it came to allowing us to offer suggestions to make a safer environment for our patients. We would have to work 50-60 hrs. a week because we were understaffed, but then be told to come in late or leave early to cut our overtime.
12 hour shifts are great
RN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 5, 2017
I am a registered nurse, I work 12 hr shifts, enjoying a three day work week. I work with many loving, compassionate team members who care about their patients.
Pros
Great team players
Nursing Assistant/Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 1, 2017
Most floors and departments work very well together. There is plenty of room for advancement and it is encouraged that you learn every position you can within your scope of practice to be sure that you are a valuable asset to the company. Great place to get decent pay and still continue education.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 29, 2017
Good friendly work environment, and great work culture, with opportunity for advancement in the medical field. the hardest part of the job was to dis attach from the patients.
Please avoid
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 26, 2017
Terrible experience that almost made me leave nursing. Do NOT recommend to anyone. Management is faulty at best. Set up for poor patient care due to nurse/patient ratio and lack of support.
Icu
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 27, 2017
Care for 1-3 patients over a 12 hour shift
learned: time management, communication skills enhanced, overall grew in clinical skills as a nurse
Good communication with management - comfortable environment where i can talk with managers about everything
workplace culture: work in a team, everyone is always there for each other - very comfortable and positive place to work
hardest part of the job: short staffed
enjoyable part of job: able to make a difference in the life of patients for the better.
stressful
Echocardiography Technologist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 26, 2017
I love the people I work with, we are a great team. The hospital and physicians will work you to death if and when possible. We work 40 plus hours, every other weekend and take call. The pay is reasonable, but if you have or want a family I do not recommend working in our department.
Pros
Good health care benefits, good co workers
Cons
lack of equipment, high stress, very little job satisfaction
trident medical center
Registered Nurse in Medical and Surgical (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 23, 2017
trident medical is Level II trauma hospital, very good experience learning trauma from car accident to gun shot wound. It is a very busy med/surg unit that I work in and sometime can be over burden.
Great company but ratios need updating
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 17, 2017
Often work on unit as Nurse Leader. We are always short staffed and our patient acuities are not taken into consideration when making staffing decisions. The company is a great company, I feel I could offer outstanding leadership with an HCA company.
Good place
Full time CT technologist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 27, 2017
Trident Medical Center is a good place to work. Although it can be very busy at times and a little overwhelming, the co workers you have are great. All very helpful. Your direct supervisors are wonderful and willing to help you in any way they can.
The worst senior management team I ever witnessed.
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 11, 2017
I worked at Trident Medical Center for 2 years before finally giving up and moving on. I've worked in healthcare for over 35 years and have never witnessed such a complete failure of senior leadership as I did at Trident. It's so unfortunate. Trident has many wonderful employees who truly care about patient experiences. The mid-level staff and directors are for the most part competent, caring, professional, and work tirelessly to provide quality healthcare. Unfortunately, the folks on the senior management team, especially the new CNO who came over from SMC, are about as bad as they come. If it were just me that felt that way I would seriously have to re-evaluate my point of view but my thoughts regarding senior leadership at Trident was continuously echoed by others during my entire tenure there.
Pros
Some excellent mid-level management.
Cons
Cno
Working at Trident Medical Center 2009-2011
Orthopedic/Neuroscience Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 9, 2017
Back in 2009-2011 this was a very stressful job because of poor management and routine laying off every two years. It's under new ownership. I'd be interested in what it's like now.
Pros
Great discount on food
Cons
Poor management
I enjoyed my years of employment.
Echocardiography Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 2, 2017
Began day coordinating inpatient work with outpatients. Scanning inpatient and outpatients throughout the day. Organizing paperwork and uploading images and reports for cardiologist.
Learning how to work in a fast paced environment with others.
Management was very fair on all aspects.
Hardest part of the job was managing ICAEL.
Most enjoyable part of the job is communicating and taking care of my patients. I also enjoyed performing echos on a regular basis.
Very nice place to work
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 12, 2017
Nice place to work , im only there for 4 hrs and in that short time period. The nurses & my lab stsff have been very nice the only thing i wish for is full time work. We are only PRN workers
Typical Day
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 8, 2017
If you are considering to work at Trident, one must be able to effectively handle and mange a fast paced constantly changing environment and multi-task.

My recommendation is with the current construction, please arrive at least 15-20 minutes prior to your shift because parking is scare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trident Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Trident Medical Center Reviews by Location