Trident Medical Center

Trident Medical Center Employee Reviews

Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 29, 2016
Trident Medical Center is on the rise. The facility is changing and expanding. The Trauma upgrade is a blessing for upper Berkeley County.
At that time a difficult place to work.
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 1, 2016
Everyday I came to work I found it to be difficult and challenging. I learned a lot. My nurse manager was great. Most of my co-workers were stressed out, not the most pleasant place to work at that time.
Pros
They paid well.
Cons
Difficult place to work
Money driven with a complete lack of care for employees.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 29, 2016
Trident does NOT CARE about the culture, work environment, wellbeing, or satisfaction of the employees. Nursing and other departments chronically work understaffed with sicker critically ill patients, don't have time to eat or take breaks, never leave on time, or try to satisfy UNHAPPY patients and family members secondary to the overall poor reputation of the hospital.

These CHRONIC problems are reflected in the employee revolving doors!!

The focus of Trident Hospital is where the next empty bed is- NOT on thier real assests-NURSES!
Pros
NONE
Cons
UNHAPPY patients and family members, chronically work understaffed, don't have time to eat or take breaks, never leave on time
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  chas , scFebruary 3, 2016
excellent training/extra classes and education
constant mgmt. changes
typical day very busy with little support from mgmt.
co-workers - most were friendly and worked as a team
hardest part was all the paperwork involved w discharging patients
most enjoyable was definitely taking excellent care of patients and being complimented by them
Pros
worked well w schedule
Cons
alot of poltics
Fast paced environment that offers alot of growth
Patient Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Ladson, SCNovember 23, 2015
This is a faced paced environment that is like a skilled nursing facility. You increase in knowledge and skills everyday.
Pros
Competetive paid wages
Cons
Alot of heavy lifting
Licence Practical Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCNovember 19, 2015
Okay this site is very informative and I know I will be selected to work from home, I really like these type of positions ,its very good pay too.
Pros
working at home
Cons
alone
Miss it
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 22, 2015
Besides from being in the military, this was the best job I ever had. Really wish I didn't have to leave. A typical day would consist of me and my coworkers making sure the hospital had the meds that they needed for our patients. I loved going out on the floor to deliver meds and interacting with the nurses. Never a dull moment.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
not to many on my end
Unrealistic expectations for work performance
Medical Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Charleston SCSeptember 5, 2015
Working in their lab was hard, difficult and not realistic. Lots of overtime because they can't keep help and their is a severe staff shortage in the lab. The help is at risk for burnout all the time.

Eve techs are expected to run their departments and take care of the ER specimens also. If the turn around times are not met, then the managers get after you because corporate CEO gets a report every day about the times.

No way to be able to perform your department functions and take care of the ER. at the same time.

CO workers that have never worked any where else are difficult and controlling. They don't give a new tech any time to learn and are brutal to wok with.

I would never want to be a patient at this hospital after watching their paractices!
Pros
reduced lunch
Cons
Impossible to meet their expectations.
understaffed
Emergency Department, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 13, 2015
Typical day at work starts with half the ER closed due to staffing shortage. Dept staffed with more travel nurses than full time due to high turn over rate.
Pros
You will learn to work under extreme pressure
Cons
Run like a high school.
Fast-paced environment that changes constantly which causes our team to adapt to various emergencies and age groups
Emergency Department, Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 7, 2015
Multi-tasking environment that challenges the nursing staff to quickly adapt to ensure patient-centered care to all age groups and a variety of emergencies. Team work is essential to allow for therapeutic communication to reach goals by implementing appropriate interventions.
Pros
inservices and education opportunities
Cons
very infrequent bathroom breaks
Case Management
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  North CharlestonJuly 30, 2015
Determining whether or not if a patient should be on the floor. Under the guidelines of the hospital and the Government.
Friendly Co workers with various backgrounds in Social Work and Nursing.The Case Management Director unapproachable and strict.
Pros
Learning New Job
Cons
Short Time Unapproachable Director
Not a good place to work
Patient Support Tech (Former Employee) –  MedsurgJuly 14, 2015
Not a good place to work. They always talk about teamwork. They don't know the meaning of teamwork. The techs do everything there except push meds. You have nurses who don't even give patients a cup of water, never the less help them to the bathroom. They will call the techs for that. There are techs who have never drawn blood, in there life and they have them drawing blood.

Out of a 12hr shift you only get 30mins and that's for lunch. It's like working as a slave! You suppose to have two 15mins break. Well, that doesn't happen. When patients are up happy with there services.
Management will have you going into that patient's room every hour. The techs aren't the problems but, they have to clean up the mess.
Pros
You get to meet great patients and their family members.
Cons
Over worked under pay
Med/Surg worst job I've ever had
RN (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2015
In orientation, they present this wonderful vision of a medical facility. Once you are on the med/surg floor, things are quite different. Bullying, unsafe practices, chaotic night shift scheduling, charge nurse frequent smoke breaks and patient to nurse ratio of 7 to 1 was unbearable. No support for new grads- my 12 week orientation was cut to 4 weeks. I quit after 3 months after having panic attacks before work. Went to another local hospital and things were Very different- love this job. Trident is for experienced nurses only!
Pros
Cons
Bullying from techs and charge RNs.
Fast Paced Enviroment
Prep Cook, (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 12, 2015
Very busy. Sometimes they care and other times not so much.
ok working after a person that's not capable of doing the job.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Not satifying to me
Great atmosphere
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 29, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on a patient's face and making a difference in at least one person's day. Hardest part is forming connections with patients and their family's that are terminally ill.
Good place to work, always on the move repairing just about everything.
Engineer/ Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 27, 2015
What I enjoy most about the job, was the time I spent with our guests,,,I always looked at them as family,,,,,and treated them as such. The hardest part of the job was walking on to floor where some one has just passed and the family is beside themself.
I enjoyed the staff that I worked with.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 2, 2015
They would not let you advance unless you knew somebody or you were one of the friends. They always had their favorites even though they would tell you that they treated everybody the same. The managers and supervisors would always bend the rules for others but not for the ones that they like and trying to get vacation approved was puling teeth. I did enjoy working the my fellow workers they were always a joy to work with. I also enjoyed helping the patients that came in, it made me felt I was doing good when the patient would leave with a smile on their face. The hardest part about the job was at times I would have sent the patients away because of insufficient funds, it reminded me that it was a business first and caring hospital second or third.
Pros
The employees that I worked with worked with were great people to work with.
Cons
Healthcare got worse every year, and your managers on up to the C.E.O. seem to care less and less.
POOR communication
applicant (Former Employee) –  north charleston, scMarch 27, 2015
This company posts positions and cancels them. HR does not communicate well with the applicants. There seems to be a lot of confusion with management within the hospital communicating with corporate human resources. Not much faith in this system.
Trident
Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2015
Trident is a nice medium size hospital. Overall its a pretty good place to work. They are expanding in every direction but do not have enough staff to support the growth. In addition, there are numerous inefficiencies that they need to worked on to make it a well functioning health system
Overworked and underpaid for your experience. You are easily replaceable by someone cheaper.
Registered Vascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCOctober 31, 2014
I worked at this hospital for over six years. I picked up extra shifts to cover when someone called out or was on vacation. I worked second shift solo and rarely got a lunch due to overbooking and the amount of inpatients and er patients that were ordered. The amount of butt kissing was rediculous and if you were not part of the click your job was in jeopardy. I saw a lot of good techs go. HR is a joke. No one backs up good employees.
Pros
I enjoyed the second shift crew.
Cons
No lunch breaks. Over worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trident Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Trident Medical Center Reviews by Location