Trident Seafoods Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
I worked for Trident Seafoods, rideing boats to alaska, doing fire watch, working security in Akutan, to working on a fuel dock.
Fuel Dock (Former Employee) –  AKDecember 19, 2015
My first trip to Alaska, was on the MV SEA ALASKA. My second trip was the, MV ALASKA PACKER. M y third trip was on a floating barge called the NEPTUNE. I flew to alaska many times, for work. I would recomend, Trident as a good place to work.
Pros
I got to see the life on boats, and shore plants.
Cons
I had to wait long periods of time before returning home.
difficulties with managments
Packing (Former Employee) –  Motley, MNOctober 22, 2015
A typical day at work, well i get to work, punch in, i go to a open spot on the line. I just start on the line and my supervisors moved me around constantly, to places that were just outrageous and i never got paid for the pay difference. The hardest part about that job was that i never knew what place to go to because they always moved me before i could do anything. the most enjoyable was that my co workers were amazing and cared about the fact i was a Ginny pig. my coworkers and I always got along great and had a lot of fun.
Pros
good paid, healthcare, 401k plan
Cons
always working on Saturdays, management
bbqs on downtime and sportfishing
processor1 (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJuly 6, 2015
Iam a good cook and I follow recipes very well. Iam honest caring and I have alot of patients for others. I love to learn new and better ways to get the job done from my bosses or co workers and I consider myself to be very friendly
Pros
save money
Cons
away from the family
Excitting with beautiful sceneries.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2015
Show up for work with my mind set to accomplish, be productive, and enjoy each day. Learned about the Companies objectives, expectations, and goals. Managements were very approachable, helpful, accommodating, willing to give advice and insights. Love to interact and meet new people of different nationalities.
all the time working
surimi tecnical (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 14, 2013
maintenance of machinery, and food processing (surimi),ocean food processing.known people from all over the world, and we exchanged culture of our countries. the heavy work schedule of 16-18 hours of work 7 days a week.along with other people of the world now I have enough friends in other parts of the world and experience this unique work that left me
I enjoyed my job in this company because there is a good work enviroment.
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Naknek, AKMay 16, 2013
I enjoyed my job in this company because there is a good work enviroment, I had two bosses that teach me to use the computers to get labels for diferent kinds of product such as Roe and Salmon also I work in the boxes area where I learned to do them, stocked .
Pros
meal provided in every brake .
Cons
short breaks and a hil that i had to climb every time i went to the brake's room or to my room.
This was an intresting job,to say the least
Lead Time Keeper (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2013
I would work from 5am to 11pm at night,I did this for 3 months straight with no time off. My job was to keep track of all the employees in the plant for all 4 shifts[about 350 people].I would have to know where everyone worked and lived on the island,responsible for clocking every shift in & out,noting tardies,absents and sick.I would then have to wright reports for every shift.The hardest part of the job was walking the 200yards to the plant in weather that at times was blowing snow and 70 below zero.The best part of the job was meeting people from all over the world.
Pros
all meals and lodging paid for by company
Cons
your in the middle of the allution islands in winter