Trident Seafoods Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Food Packer, Tiromat operator (Former Employee) –  Motley, MNApril 13, 2017
This job will keep you in your toes. It can be an easy job or a hard job. The be fits are good. You can work your way up if you want. It teaches you many skills.
Lab rat, Facinaing industry
QC Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 22, 2017
Got a great grasp on microbiology, learned about protein cohesion and HACCP. Fishing industry and what it is doing to our environment. Manager was very informed and helpful.
Pros
Environmental concerns, lab work
Cons
hours
Its a good job
Tiromat operator (Current Employee) –  Motley, MNFebruary 5, 2017
It's a good job good work people the hours get long and boring.work some weekends in the summer.but it's a good job to get into there a lot of growth when you get hired.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work ont the weekends in the summer
good company to work for
Accounts Payable Rep (Former Employee) –  seatttle WaJanuary 27, 2017
very successful company. Pro - family, wanting good family work life balance for all employees. Many opportunities for social and fun times with fellow employees.
Laughing and having fun with the sailors on the boat
Fisherman (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 6, 2017
I had the best time at trident and the mangenment is wonderful. People are so nice and they are willing to help you out. You experience new things everyday it's always surprising. surprising
Pros
Fun experience everyday
Cons
The weather
Great Experience in my workplace in Alaska
GALLEY ASSISTANT COOK (Former Employee) –  Kodiak, AKDecember 18, 2016
Good company with excellent living conditions for its employees in remote places in Alaska. Excellent benefits and pay make for a positive experience for its employees.
Pros
Friendly management and co-workers make for a positive experience
Cons
Feeling of isolation in these remote places of employment
We used to see tons of fish weekly, the company was making money and we where making Money , all the people treat everyone the same .
Processing caviar (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKDecember 12, 2016
Working in a world wide corporation is a big responsibility more if you don't have much work experience. I had to be strong the rest of the season but all was to a good cause , my parents had always taught me the right way it doesn't matter what type of job it is we are all working for someone . The company was in Ketchikan Alaska far from Texas , everyday was diferente and was fun ,sometimes we were moved to diferente positions it was rare but fun at the same time I got to meet all type of people around the world .
Pros
We all had free brakefast, lunch, and dinner, the grossery store was around the corner .
Cons
we had 15 min brake with free snack, we where getting health assistance if we got injured during work time, no more benefits besides that .
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Naknek, AKNovember 20, 2016
Long hours , no days off, work with different type of people, will learn how to be patient. Busy everyday when there is fish. Food is great. Kind Management.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Short breaks, seasonal work
Abusive Practices
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Motley, MNNovember 2, 2016
I worked at Trident for many years. It's really a sham of a place to work. The management will throw you under the bus any chance they get and it's not worth the money to work there and put up with arrogant, abusive management. Anyone else who knows what I'm talking about I challenge you to post your experience here and exploit the truth about this dump. It's not worth the pay.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Management is abusive, short breaks, work around the clock, Saturdays.
Charming Environment Hard Working Teams
Back up Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ballard, WAOctober 8, 2016
The Corporate Office provided an amazing foundation of value oriented work ethic. I learned the attitude of putting the Fisherman first and treating all employees with respect regardless of company career ladder status. To this day I strive to model the Lead Office Manager's example - she was a Class Act.
Pros
Excellent healthcare, transportation (bus pass) morale boosting activities holiday fun
Very long hours the ability to make money
Seafood Processor "A" Season (Former Employee) –  Akutan, AKSeptember 24, 2016
Worked 3 16's and one 12 seven days a week. In a secluded istand 32 miles east of Dutch Harbor/ The ability to bank and save money is huge here. Not for lazy people or people who play games.
Pros
Money
Cons
Very long hours
Amazing company to work with
Laboratory Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Naknek, AKSeptember 17, 2016
Depending on, if you are willing to learn, you can progress. Pay and overtime is very good. Staff is very friendly too. There is a lot of room to make friends...specially if you are working in one of their plants in Alaska.
Make lot's of friends there.
Processor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2016
I work there almost 9 years sometimes on land factories.There might be new cameras installed for safety reasons.The Company
Pros
The food's there are free and, good foods most of time.
Cons
16 hours every day if there's fish.
Production at it's finest
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  AlaskaFebruary 10, 2016
Typical production facility, long hours, frequent breaks, nice people. Long hours which is standard, not too difficult, just repetitive. Management issues,but doesn't effect the work.
I worked for Trident Seafoods, rideing boats to alaska, doing fire watch, working security in Akutan, to working on a fuel dock.
Fuel Dock (Former Employee) –  AKDecember 19, 2015
My first trip to Alaska, was on the MV SEA ALASKA. My second trip was the, MV ALASKA PACKER. M y third trip was on a floating barge called the NEPTUNE. I flew to alaska many times, for work. I would recomend, Trident as a good place to work.
Pros
I got to see the life on boats, and shore plants.
Cons
I had to wait long periods of time before returning home.
difficulties with managments
Packing (Former Employee) –  Motley, MNOctober 22, 2015
A typical day at work, well i get to work, punch in, i go to a open spot on the line. I just start on the line and my supervisors moved me around constantly, to places that were just outrageous and i never got paid for the pay difference. The hardest part about that job was that i never knew what place to go to because they always moved me before i could do anything. the most enjoyable was that my co workers were amazing and cared about the fact i was a Ginny pig. my coworkers and I always got along great and had a lot of fun.
Pros
good paid, healthcare, 401k plan
Cons
always working on Saturdays, management
bbqs on downtime and sportfishing
processor1 (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJuly 6, 2015
Iam a good cook and I follow recipes very well. Iam honest caring and I have alot of patients for others. I love to learn new and better ways to get the job done from my bosses or co workers and I consider myself to be very friendly
Pros
save money
Cons
away from the family
Excitting with beautiful sceneries.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2015
Show up for work with my mind set to accomplish, be productive, and enjoy each day. Learned about the Companies objectives, expectations, and goals. Managements were very approachable, helpful, accommodating, willing to give advice and insights. Love to interact and meet new people of different nationalities.
all the time working
surimi tecnical (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 14, 2013
maintenance of machinery, and food processing (surimi),ocean food processing.known people from all over the world, and we exchanged culture of our countries. the heavy work schedule of 16-18 hours of work 7 days a week.along with other people of the world now I have enough friends in other parts of the world and experience this unique work that left me
I enjoyed my job in this company because there is a good work enviroment.
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Naknek, AKMay 16, 2013
I enjoyed my job in this company because there is a good work enviroment, I had two bosses that teach me to use the computers to get labels for diferent kinds of product such as Roe and Salmon also I work in the boxes area where I learned to do them, stocked .
Pros
Meal provided in every brake .
Cons
Short breaks and a hil that I had to climb every time I went to the brake's room or to my room.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trident Seafoods Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Trident Seafoods Corporation Reviews by Location