Trident Seafoods

Trident Seafoods Employee Reviews

stable job
Maintaince Electrician (Former Employee), Akutan, AKMarch 10, 2015
Pros: full time
Cons: long work hours
unable to advance within a timely manner. The hours were long and the management had problems with the workers. As for the worker we had to find what needed to be done.
My time at Trident
QA Supervisor/HACCP Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: people, culture
Cons: pay, growth opportunities
While the pay is not the best the people are just the opposite. I loved that job because of the people I worked with and will never forget them. One of them I still talk to on a daily basis. She has moved on to a better position so I am very happy for her. I am no longer there and would jump on the opportunity to work for Trident Seafoods again.
Life aboard the Independance
Processor/Rack (Former Employee), Bering SeaDecember 11, 2014
Pros: the adventure
Cons: better re-up info, volunteered for january, got mininformed, how to come back
I worked on the rack with a partner, racked Dolly hooked on the bottom of a fork lift. Worked up 18 hours a day at times.

The management and supervisors were helpful and always willing to discuss any problems that may arise.

The hardest part of this job was putting on and off the rain gear to use the restroom.

My co-workers were great and I enjoyed work with people from allover the world. Getting to know them was the most enjoyable part of the job.
fun work place, loved being out on the water living on a boat
Crew Member (Former Employee), Cordova, Ak.October 15, 2014
Pros: i learned a new trade
Cons: dangerous work conditions
I was appreciated for being a good and hard working employee. I loved the area and had fun doing my job.I worked well with my crew members.
Great Job and adventure
Vessel Processor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 13, 2014
Enjoyed the free food everyday for the B season. 24 hour Laundry care is given free of charge. 16 hour work shift may last for 3 weeks.
set up and poured
Carpenter (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: working on the river
Cons: it was just temperary
it was a allright job they allways try to over pour the finisher..i like working on the water
16 hours of seafood processing everyday, no days off
Employee in Production (Former Employee), Akutan, AKJuly 13, 2014
Pros: a time to know new people, american culture
Cons: bad work conditions, no days off, bad treats
-A typical day at work: crab, pollock processing

- What you learned: I learned how to defend my laboral rights.

-Management: not accesible, busy, apart.

-Your co-workers: most of them nice and friendly.

-The hardest part of the job_ to receive bad treats from supervisors.

-The most enjoyable part of the job: to be able to get approval for working only 8 -9 hours a day.
Large company with many job opportunities
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Ketchikan, AKJune 30, 2014
Pros: good for college summer jobs
Cons: long hours
Optimal for summer jobs, opportunities for advancement, multicultural experience.
Constant production, great learning experiences, long hours and fun people to work with.
Quality Control (Former Employee), Newport, ORApril 17, 2014
Pros: new skills learned, made new work contacts
Cons: long hours with little to no breaks, no healthcare, language barrier
The factory was a busy environment with many employees who made it fun to work with. Management was a bit hostile and the language spoken was a bit of a barrier. Pay was low, hours and days were long. (12 hrs/7days/week) Overtime was great. Was promised job security to new location when season was over and that never happened. Made great friends and learned a bit of a new language while working there. Great learning experiences working in the lab and on the factory floor.
Great company for on the job training and experience
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Kodiak, AKDecember 10, 2013
Pros: food was provided as part of my contract
Cons: difficult to have a life outside of work due to long hours.
Work is typically 7days per week, 12 hours per day. Management is sympothetic to long hours, but firm about attendance. Coworkers are multicultural from all over the world. I learned alot about other culters first hand.
Good to work in the boat because everybody are like brothers and sister.
Fish Processor (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 12, 2013
Pros: board and lodging are free including laundry, and you have a fresh air for free too
Wake up early in the morning 5am then start working at 6am.I learned how to clean fish in a timely manner,although has pressure but its fun to work with the managers,supervisors and leads because they are all supportive and helpful.I experienced also work with other nationality.The hardest part of of my job in the boat are,you have to stand up for 16 hours and you can not go anywhere because you are in the middle of the ocean so you have to work,work and work. and when my boos tell all the workers that we finished the season and ready to be back home in Tacoma...Oh yes that is the most enjoyable part of the job..Well done..
Hard work in remote places
Quality Assurance and Control (Former Employee), Naknek and Ketchikan, AlaskaNovember 7, 2013
Pros: travel, vast amounts of experience in a short time-frame, going to alaska
Cons: cut off from the "real world" for months at time
A typical day on the plant floor of a Trident Seafoods processing plant, as a Quality Control and Assurance tech, was filled with mountains of testing and paperwork. To ensure the best quality product for our customers, QA personnel were required to do random testing on our products, be it herring, salmon, salmon roe, or crab. These tests included temperature checks, salinity level checks, chloride checks, and checks of the sanitation equipment and cleaning materials. Work was divided among other QA techs, each rotating between jobs to ensure that results were non-biased. The hardest part of the job was the fact that the work was in Alaska, and the days were at minimum 16 hour shifts, with no days off until the production quota was met. This resulted in 4 months of long days; however, the quickly gained experience was well worth hours.
Established Fish Processing Business
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Newport, ORSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: job stability if you are willing to work such long hours.
Cons: no healthcare benefits, large employee turnover due to the hard work, very little training
This company is one of the biggest fish processors in my area. It is hard work but has about a 4-5 month season. The hardest part of the job is working 12 hours a day each of the 7 days of the week without any days off. Some of the co-workers are very racist and cause trouble. I enjoy working with many different personalities and ethnicities and learning so many new skills..
Hard work
Seafood processor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: experience housing food
Cons: supervisors are not properly trained
Work is good, supervisors need more training. Safety is an issue. Safety concerns are not addressed properly
Productive and fun! Constantly busy, never a dull moment.
Safety management (Former Employee), Chehalis, WAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: benefits, co workers
Cons: no breaks
Production, production, production! As soon as you arrive you are busy producing orders for buyers, palatalizing and loading to ship. I lead my own team of hard working individuals. Management was fantastic. Very family oriented. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive work when creating large orders and keeping everyone lively and moving fast and efficient. The most enjoyable part of the job was training new workers, motivating and staying busy.
cleaning, packaging, filleting, and sorting fish. also night watch walking on patrol
Seafood processor/ machine operator/ night watch (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 17, 2013
wake up walk to the plant and put on protective gear. clock in and go to a designated area. or go on patrol for 12 hours as night watch.i learned how to fillet a fish, package, clean, sort,and operate heavy machinery that also fillet fish. i learned the different types of fish that are located along the bering sea. i learned how to be successful and safe as night patrol and keep a secure compound. i learned how to operate speed belts that run product through the facility. management was fair and helpful in the learning process. and co-workers were not always team based and informational but most were helpful.The hardest part of the job was having to work 16 to 20 hours a day at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was operating the heavy machinery.
Very safe place to work
Seafood Processor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 22, 2013
I had no problem working there however some of the work was too hard for me and I got carpel tunnel while working there
A wonderful place to work. We were always doing events for our employees and we were very family orientated.
Production Scheduler,Inventory,Relief Receptionist (Former Employee), Fife, WAApril 5, 2013
Pros: potlucks, friday, a full service lunch room to accomodate any activities. good benefits, a great open door policy.
I almost always enjoyed my time at Trident Seafoods. Each morning I would visit the warehouse to ensure there hadn't been any issues or concerns from prior day issuing of ingredients or shipping shortages. Next stop, the production office to pick up the previous days production paperwork and review with the production supervisor. Up to my office, check messages, Using the prior day production paperwork I sorted, reviewed and reconciled discrepancies. Did the data entry and ran the accounting program using JDEdwards manufacturing software. Everyday we had an production meeting to report to the department heads on the previous days production numbers and review any changes or issues concerns . I had started out as the receptionist and was quickly promoted in a 3 month period to production scheduler and inventory control clerk. Even though I didn't have any experience, my supervisor had a great deal of faith that I could pick it up rather quickly. I did have the evening production supervisor and QA working closely with me to understand product/quality requirements. I have to admit it wasn't easy at first, I spent long hours creating spreadsheets and I created a training manual for dummies. This was really a great tool for the controller due to she filled in for me on vacations days and It was used as a training resource that was used for the other production facilities.
Bad Experience
Licensed Electrician (Former Employee), Akutan, AKJanuary 21, 2013
Just the most awful environment I have ever experienced. Management is demeaning and un-motivational.
work is work learn as much as you can...
BAADER Assistant (Former Employee), Akutan, AKDecember 20, 2012
observe the machines if working properly...
gain experience and learn new culture...
workers are friendly just know how to approach them..
with out team work job is hard...
everything is working properly if its maintained properly.

About Trident Seafoods

Something's supposed to be fishy at Trident Seafoods. The vertically integrated seafood business hauls in salmon, crab, and assorted – Read more

Trident Seafoods Salaries