Trident Seafoods Employee Reviews in United States

Overall very pleasant
R&D Food Technologist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 14, 2016
If you work hard at this company, it will be noticed and rewarded. However, the pay isn't competitive by industry standards.
Pros
Pleasant people, motivated management, advancement opportunities
Cons
pay
18 hours every day to work
seafood processesor (Former Employee) –  seattle washingtonMarch 31, 2016
no funfor work bec ause this kind of work is people who need to muchtime no time smile imagine you work 18 hours everyday, how you can enjoy yourself for fun no dayoff .
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 25, 2016
Management is not organized and they don't listen to the employee's.Co-workers are really fun to work with and I like the job that I do.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
6 days a week 10 hrs a day
Wild and crazy place to be.
Crab Fisherman/Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKMarch 4, 2016
I worked at Trident Seafoods for several years aboard one of its crab boats in the Bering Sea. It was a very crazy and rewarding experience that was worth it overall. However when you live at work, the work/life balance isn't great, and its really not an ideal long term career.
Hard working conditions, free meals, provided employee housing
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Naknek, AKFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work started at one in the afternoon and would end at around five in the morning, with a break for dinner and two fifteen minute breaks in between. This job taught me a number of skills, primarily in group work, being held accountable and mental stamina. My co-workers were from all different backgrounds, which made the workplace very different from anything I've experienced before. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was socializing with my co-workers, working together and pushing each other to be better under the harsh working conditions. I learned a lot about myself in this job in addition to learning about Alaska, my co-workers and the fishing industry in general.
it has a lot of benifits to working here, it has an available 401k package and health benifits
seafood processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 16, 2016
i have been to four of there 16 locations in Alaska . its great that the company pays for everything like Travel air fair room and board. so keeping a saving is not hard at all.
Pros
the company pays for everything like travel room and board
Cons
that it is seasonal
Great place to work at, very friendly environment.
maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 22, 2016
I am very friendly and get along with everyone at this facility. My co-workers are great to work with. My day to day tasks includes welding, fabrication, industrial plumbing, installation/maintenance of frequency drives,motors, gearboxes. Vacuum-pack machine repairs, metal detectors, conveyors,etc. installation/maintenance of all types of processing equipment.
great place to work for
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bedford, VAJanuary 11, 2016
great company to work for they shut down and moved to georgia they were really good to all the employees, it is a real shame they shut down and moved
A decent place to work.
Tiromat operator (Former Employee) –  Motley, MNJanuary 10, 2016
A fine place to work , very good benefits, year round work, contestant, hours of work, plenty of options for overtime. Many different kinds of co workers.
Trident Seafoods is a great company to work for.
Fuel dock assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint AKDecember 19, 2015
Trident will keep you buisey. It was a great company with room and board. There was always food availible, and boots, and raingeer were given to us at their cost.
Pros
Lots of work.
Cons
cold most of the time.
productive and fun work environment
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Akutan, AKNovember 29, 2015
Fun work environment with .And very fun coworkers to work with.Although the salary is low however it is good to work with because a lot of overtime hours
Fun work place
Fish and Crab Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 16, 2015
we process fish and crab in Alaska. Fun and great people to work with. 16 to 18 hour shifts Monday to Sunday might be the only hard part about 3 to 6 months each trip.
Pros
Room and board are paid for. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are buffets including midnight meals.
Cons
breaks tend to go fast when you're doing 16 hr. shifts, and sleep times tend to be short by the time you get off.
Hardworking, and a huge gamble.
Deckhand/Fishing Crew (Former Employee) –  Bristol Bay, AKOctober 6, 2015
Nothing is set, no benifits or workers comp. Food is based on you and your Captain. Bathroom is a bucket. Stuck on a 32 Ft boat for month/s at a time. Very dangerous, and no set wage. You can make a lot, or you can loose a lot.
Pros
Sometimes pay.
Cons
Everything and sometimes pay.
fun working place
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2015
i have been working this company this is very good company
do not hesitate go work for them, so if you want to save money
and come back home full of pocket work for them
Good company
Accounting/Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2015
Good company to work for. Lots of hours spent in the office. With hard work comes good opportunities to advance. Lots of time spent in the office.
Toughest job on the planet. Money is worth it.
Deckhand Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2015
Must be able to think fast in critical conditions, throwing the shot (rope) and buoys out to sea for setting crab pots, as well as helping to haul in the catch. This entails throwing a grappling hook out to retrieve the buoys and attaching it to the mechanical winch for lifting. The deckhand must also help steady the enormous, 800-pound pot for placement on the lift.
I learned a lot doing this job. My mental state of mid is stronger than ever. I feel I could any job that someone throws at me.
Your stuck with 4 other guys including the captain for months. These are your brothers and you look after each other no matter what.
Everything is hard on this job. Nothing is easy.
The most enjoyable part of this job would be my 3 hour sleep.
Pros
Best free lunch
stable job
Maintaince Electrician (Former Employee) –  Akutan, AKMarch 10, 2015
unable to advance within a timely manner. The hours were long and the management had problems with the workers. As for the worker we had to find what needed to be done.
Pros
full time
Cons
long work hours
My time at Trident
QA Supervisor/HACCP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 9, 2015
While the pay is not the best the people are just the opposite. I loved that job because of the people I worked with and will never forget them. One of them I still talk to on a daily basis. She has moved on to a better position so I am very happy for her. I am no longer there and would jump on the opportunity to work for Trident Seafoods again.
Pros
people, culture
Cons
pay, growth opportunities
Life aboard the Independance
Processor/Rack (Former Employee) –  Bering SeaDecember 11, 2014
I worked on the rack with a partner, racked Dolly hooked on the bottom of a fork lift. Worked up 18 hours a day at times.

The management and supervisors were helpful and always willing to discuss any problems that may arise.

The hardest part of this job was putting on and off the rain gear to use the restroom.

My co-workers were great and I enjoyed work with people from allover the world. Getting to know them was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
the adventure
Cons
better re-up info, volunteered for january, got mininformed, how to come back
fun work place, loved being out on the water living on a boat
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cordova, Ak.October 15, 2014
I was appreciated for being a good and hard working employee. I loved the area and had fun doing my job.I worked well with my crew members.
Pros
i learned a new trade
Cons
dangerous work conditions