2 Different openings( See below for the ETL job) for the same company in Sarasota, FL. This is a great opportunity to work for a leader in its field of expertise and live in Beautiful Sarasota. FL
Greencard and US Citizens only.
Sr DBA opening:
Functional Area: Data Integration & Application Development
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Required Experience: 8 to 10 years
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Percentage: 10% - 15%
Relocation Assistance: Negotiable
Technologies & Tools:
- SQL Server 2005/2008
- SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- ASP.Net, MS SharePoint & Sharepoint Server
- Microsoft Office 2010, OLAP, OLTP
- MS Dynamics CRM
- Web Services, VB.Net
- MDX, XML, TSQL
- Quest Spotlight
- Sybase Power Designer
- Provide technical support and guidance for application and report development for SQL databases; Includes implementing database objects into QA and Production environments.
- Develops flexible, non-restrictive standards for the SQL platform. Monitors and enforces the usage of these standards.
- Develops and applies procedures for periodic database backup. Determines backup method and frequency. Ensures that databases can be restored quickly and completely from backup files.
- Performs analysis, feasibility studies and vendor comparisons leading to the acquisition of database related products, including database monitors, utilities, query tools and connectivity solutions.
- Perform on-call duties to resolve problems of an urgent nature in which an immediate resolution is needed.
- Weekend, holiday and nighttime work is required to implement changes when all other users are not using the system.
- Monitors access time, performs validation checks and uses other methods to monitor and analyze database performance. Takes appropriate measures to ensure acceptable performance, including building indexes, reorganizing tables and purging data. Ensures that databases will support growth, change and access demands.
- Maintain Physical Data Models.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Designing and developing ETL packages, Data Interfaces and Business Intelligence solutions within a team environment.
2. Translating requirements, sourcing mapping documents and models into solutions.
3. Designing, developing, testing, optimize and deploy packages and stored procedures and related functions.
4. Develop SSRS reports, SSAS OLAP cubes, dashboards or scorecards based on business requirements.
5. Code, test, debug, document and implement application programs based on technical specifications.
6. Any and all other tasks as requested by
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Experience with enterprise-wide Data Solutions and Data Warehouse implementations.
- Experience developing ETL programs using SQL Server 2008 & SSIS.
- ETL methodologies, business intelligence and data warehousing principles and architectures including concepts, designs and usage of data warehouses and data marts.
- Experience developing Business Intelligence solutions using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services(SSRS) & Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Data Warehousing & OLAP
- Experience with VB.Net development and scripting.
- Data modeling experience using Power Designer a plus.
- Experience with AS400 a plus.