Trident University International Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 11, 2016
Typical day involved assisting students with application process, answering phone calls and talking with students, responding to emails quickly and efficiently, process student requests, other administrative tasks as necessary. I learned a lot about time management with Trident, how to operate SalesForce, FERPA guidelines, and truly assisting students in their journey through their education. The work culture here was incredible- loved my managers, loved my leads, my co-workers were all wonderfully kind people. The President of the university always emphasized transparency and above all being honest. The hardest part of the job was at times reaching certain quotas, such as referral generation. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to students and really helping them out, the sincerity they had from assisting them was truly fulfilling.
A degree mill that doesn't care about students or staff
FACULTY - INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 2, 2016
Unqualified staff teach under prepared students. This place is more interested in making money than educating students. The level of students in a masters program could be any where from well prepared to severely unprepared and not ready for undergraduate much less graduate work.
Culture Needs Change
Operations (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 11, 2016
Trident has gone through several periods of ups and downs over the last several years and is still an organization that is struggling to find its true identity. Until this happens, turnover will continue to be high at all levels, including senior leadership. Combined with the fact that online higher education is an industry that is highly regulated, there seem to be many obstacles to overcome.

Besides a core few, turnover with management is high. This leads to difficulty for employees to grow and rise through the ranks. Only a handful of managers treat their subs with respect and compassion and challenge them to learn and grow.

Benefits are basic. Health insurance is good and PTO increases with higher positions and more experience. The 401K match has been suspended for a number of years.
Strong positive work culture
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 4, 2016
I would recommend for specific roles. They are based in California and I wish they were closer to Chicago. This remote position requires 40-55 hours per week.
Pros
solid salary
Cons
industry massive changes
Good peers- bad everything else
Admission Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAMarch 9, 2016
You don't need a degree to work in this school which create a fun unprofessional environment. Management lacks in training. The company's health is not doing well.
Pros
great peers
Cons
the politic game is strong here
Watch out
admissions advisor (Former Employee) –  cypressSeptember 2, 2015
I got hired through a temp agency when I was looking for a full-time job. Once I got there, there was like sixty "admissions advisors," aka telemarketing sales reps. Unless you sign up a lot of people, I can imagine there is little job stability here; hence the huge amount of employees who start off. I left after two days because I knew this was whacked.
Pros
Nice vending machines
Cons
Just another outbound cold calling telemarketing job
Productive and fun workplace with casual dress Friday's
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work includes calling newly enrolled students to assist them with completing their financial aid and tuition assistance applications; calling new and referred students; and evaluating returning/transfer student transcripts and suggesting course recommendations.

Through working for my current company I have learned how to effectively and accurately assist students, evaluate academic transcripts and guide applicants through FAFSA and Military Tuition Assistance Applications.

Managing styles in my company vary. Some supervisors’ micro-manage while others are more laid back. I am self-motivated and prefer a more laidback manager. Overall, the atmosphere is very casual and everyone seems to get along very well.

My co-workers and I tend to behave in a very competitive manner. But we are all pretty supportive of each other and do our best to assist one another.

The hardest t part of the job is surviving the first six months (as you have to teach yourself the job).

The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving random emails or appreciation from students, and the birthday celebrations provided for each colleague.
Pros
The abundance of transferrable skills which are learned in my position.
Very enthusiastic staff
Student Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Great supervisors and co workers. I worked in the Registrars department which was one of the largest departments in the university. My position as a "Student Support Service Rep" was one that required daily communication with the students via phone or internet. Being able to assist the student with their needs was very fulilling.
Wonderful Managent, Colleagues, Students and Work Enviornment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cypress, California - Remote Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2015
This was one of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure to work for. I learned so much for this remote position at Trident University International. My responsibilities included assisting a wide variety of students all over the world. I was trained in military admissions advisement, online Webchat, self-management while working from home and working on a productive team.
Pros
I really enjoyed everything about this position
Cons
Being laid-off due to execution of the remote position
Good job for college grads- good stepping stone
Sr. Admissions Advisor- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cypress CASeptember 29, 2014
Very political environment affecting productivity and results
Run as fast and as far away from this company as you can
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 29, 2014
Executive leadership at Trident is far worse than you can imagine. They say they are transparent but that is their code word for hiding the truth from employees. The poor leadership and decisions at the top just trickle down through the organization. Retaliation is rampant and everyone fears for their job. Trident is a dysfunctional institution and I highly recommend that you look elsewhere in your job search.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Everything else
Great working culture, work itself does get a little repetative
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAAugust 22, 2014
Typical day includes calling/emailing anywhere from 80-150 people looking for information about online academic programs, in various stages of enrolling for classes, and enrolled students experiencing issues.

Working culture is great, you bond very well with your teammates Team culture is fostered by lots of potlucks and food related celebrations.

The immediate managers above me were great. Higher up were a little less accessible but still great people/

Hardest part of the job was dealing with irate people who did not want to be contacted about the programs or were rude when I had the wrong contact information. Also the repetitive nature of the job became a little burdensome.

the most enjoyable part was the camaraderie between teammates.
Awful place to work
Military Education Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 21, 2014
Trident is a below average academic institution. Most of it's students are affiliated with the military. There service to the military is highly undesirable. Admissions consistently failed to return phone calls. Management put great pressure on the military education liaisons to perform, even when the school was under a "show cause" with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (a regional accreditation agency). The management cared nothing about the recruiters. This employer cares more about numbers than its employees.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Poor Leadership; Disorganized; Poor Customer Service; Constant Pressure to Recruit Students
Was once a nice place to work
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 5, 2014
The current leadership has all but destroyed this University with their deceptive practices.
Pros
General employee population are great to work with.
Cons
Executive leadership cannot be trusted.
All Work.... No Time to Play ..... accountability, accountability, did I say accountability?
On-line Field Rep (Former Employee) –  NationalSeptember 30, 2013
Typical day at work.... said it all in the "title"
Typical day.. said it all in the "Cons"
Typical day with Management..... good luck
Typical day with co-workers... one good thing?
Pros
Co-Workers & Great Benefits!
Cons
Training yourself & It's all about the numbers!
Great Place To Work
Senior Student Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJune 7, 2012
Supportive management and great co-workers. Great Benefits and compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trident University International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7