Trillium Family Services Employee Reviews

Understaffed
Qualified Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 8, 2018
Because this organization has been chronically understaffed, it is a stressful work environment on top of the already challenging work. The lack of staff and thorough training create dangerous situations for staff and clients alike.
Positive working culture limited by funding resources
Mid-Level Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 3, 2018
Interdepartmental communications are not where they need to be for the Sanctuary Model of Care culture to flourish. Management is very supportive but is limited to non-profit company's available funding--some years management has to take a decrease in pay in-order-for subordinates to have an annual wage increase.
Great community
Child and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 22, 2017
Trillium has a very safe and secure community for employees. I felt part of a team and collaboration and teamwork was encouraged. There was freedom to be yourself and room for growth. Ideas were encouraged. Trainings were excellent. I felt supported and valued.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible work schedule, independence, trainings, team meetings, retreats
Cons
buy, paperwork, documentation, isolation for school based positions
Meaningful work
Intake Manager, Metro Region (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 21, 2017
I loved my coworkers and the work I did. I wish they paid more. I find my supervisor to be very supportive. I felt overworked, which is partly my fault, but also is encouraged by the environment, as much as they try not to have it that way.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Non profit pay
Not a bad place to work
Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 2, 2017
Good for someone just getting started. This was my 1st job out of college. Good training opportunities, but I felt like there was a lot of disconnect between departments.
Pros
lots of entry level positions
Cons
low pay
Great skills gained
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 9, 2017
I loved my house hold at this company I learned how to deal with people and interact with everyone and how to manage my time and be as effective as I can.
Hostile work culture.
Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OROctober 8, 2017
Wouldn’t recommend working here. Management and HR are not very supportive and people lose their jobs for the silliest reasons like gossip and there are usually no investigations done. Be very careful about who you work with here and what you say and do. It’s pretty much high school all over again.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, lack of leadership, hostile work environment
Great team
Therapeutic Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 2, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with TFS. Although there have been some issues with management and budgets, I always felt supported and heard. Ideas were met with understanding and allowances to implement them.
Pros
Great team, supportive managment
Demanding but Rewarding
Skills Trainer II (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORSeptember 2, 2017
I've never experienced a job that was so demanding, but so rewarding at the same time. Working with the clients that you do, you get to see progress almost everyday. The days are long, and sometimes extremely draining, but I looked forward to coming back everyday. There are struggles between teams, and could use more structure, and better staffing, but overall I would say this job showed me what I want to do in life, and I loved it.
Pros
free meals, paid vaca and sick
Cons
understaffed
a place to grow and learn about yourself and others
Skills Trainer 2 (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORAugust 5, 2017
You will receive continual support from all members of your team. You will experience moments of success and moments of heartache.This is true life and you are able to be part of others working hard to change and succeed in their everyday life.
Pros
very supportive teams
Cons
very emotional at times
People are great, company is okay
Child and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 19, 2017
I liked working at Trillium. Several of the people were great to work with and I advanced into the position that I wanted within a few months. I liked the atmosphere of support at first, but when I transferred, that feeling did not transfer with me. Just be careful and make sure what you are doing is the right thing. Both when considering working for Trillium, but also in the decisions you make when you are working there.
Pros
free lunch; nice people;
Cons
pushy upper management;
Be wary
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 13, 2017
Worse than high school. Lots of gossip and lies even from managers and supervisors. Rules are constantly changing and everything you do is unappreciated. Many double standards. Compensations is not worth it.
Pros
Co-workers can be supportive
Cons
Low pay, Unsupportive management, Constantly shifting environment, Lay offs
Hard Job with little recognition and high injury
Residential Skills Trainer II (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 10, 2017
Closed system, often left with little to no proper staffing around acuity and staff safety. Very little recognition for trauma done to staff through physical assault of unnamed varieties. High turnover rate and low retention.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, unsafe
Extremely difficult work environment
Child and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 24, 2017
I struggled with ethical concerns the entire time I worked for Trillium. I did not feel supported nor appreciated during my time as a Trillium employee. I don't recommend working for this agency.
Pros
Some nice colleagues
Cons
Low pay, stressful work environment
Cats 2
Child and Adolescent Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OR 97333April 27, 2017
Terrible management, everyone thinks they are better than the other and was very difficult to work in such stressful situations when you felt like your boss was judging you all the time.
A wonder Place to Work
Residential Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 17, 2017
My time at Trillium Family Services was unfortunately short. Despite my sudden resignation my supervisors were understanding and compassionate. I have never worked for an company that was more supportive to their employees than Trillium. Five Stars!
Great team members but the management needs improvement.
Residential Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 14, 2017
This is a highly toxic work environment. They talk about self care and getting support but they purposefully stay low staffed. Long hours, and you never really know when your shift will end. I feel like they are trying to do good work, but they don't focus enough on staff training and preparing people for the day to day work they are supposed to be doing.
Pros
free low grade meals, beautiful campus
Cons
No breaks or lunches, you rarely leave on time, rats everywhere
The kids were great
Awake Overnight Counselor (Former Employee) –  Albany, OROctober 19, 2016
I enjoyed the kids i looked after and most of my co-workers with fun to work with. My shift partners always has my back and made sure we were there for each other.
Pros
the kids, my shift partners
Cons
threat of getting beat up on duty
union? Why am I working off the clock then.
Dinner cook (Former Employee) –  Parry Center For childrenSeptember 19, 2016
I was a night cook there, loved the clients, and most of staff, however a union was in place which I joined immediately, after my training, I was expected to work off clock since they only paid 8 hr s a day.
I tried to attend meetings with union which I was never allowed to attend due to the meetings always being on days I worked.
I sadly had to give notice, but am relieved that I no longer have that stress, which by the way, they are a SAFE and HEALTHY work place, NOT.....
Avoid Trillium like the plague and question their non profit status too.
Hardwork
Skills Trainer Level II (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 10, 2016
This is a mentally exhausting place to work. It is always good to see when the clients leave and succeed in their everyday lives.
Pros
Free Lunches and good benefits
Cons
Short breaks if any