Trilogy, Inc. Employee Reviews

great environment, friendly people, great food
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INFebruary 24, 2016
I enjoyed working for the Trilogy company. My family and I recently moved from Muncie, IN to Gaston, SC to better ourselves.
If I could find a company that cared so much about their employees the way that Trilogy did, I'd love the opportunity to work for them.
Trilogy always went above and beyond to help the family members of their patients, patients and all their employees.
A typical day at work was normally busy. Everyone was always willing to help if needed. The turn over rate was low most of the time because the management always made everyone happy.
The hardest part of the job was becoming attached to the residents, and then them passing. It was never an easy thing to do and still isnt.
I think the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet the residents and finding out about their lives and their accomplishments during their active years. I also most enjoyed meeting their family members. I take pride in my job and was happy to hear that family members could tell I enjoyed my job and cared about their relative.
Pros
gas bonus, benefits, raises
hectic work enviornment
Resident Care Aid (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 28, 2016
Management only cares about money not about the employees or the residents who reside here. our paychecks are constantly messed up, we are over worked and underpaid. The company only sees the wrong things that occur and we do not get recognized for he good that is done.
Pros
hours are good, get to spend time with residents
Cons
short breaks if I even get one, terrible management
Great company to work for from the top!
SOCIAL SERVICES DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  West LafayOctober 9, 2016
There are great systems in place that corporate creates and enforces management to implement in their buildings. I appreciate working for a company that truly cares about the residents and strives for greatness.
Productive place to work
Cna (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 26, 2016
It was a nice place to work. No everyone was friendly and the management hung in clicks. So with that being said I found myself another company to work for.
not the best
CNA (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 15, 2016
when i started there they had just opened, it was okay at first the we kept getting new executive directors and things weren't working out very well.
Voted best place to work in I
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJune 30, 2016
Busy, but great company. Resident focus, team work approach, and hands on leadership! Lots of room to learn and grow!
benefits
Cons
N/A
This company looks good from the outside but isn't what you think.
Director (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 27, 2015
This company looks good from the outside but isn't what you think. The facilities aren't supported by the mid level management. They want the front line employees to be treated like kings then run the directors within the buildings to death. If you are salary it is even worse. The directors in the buildings are ran so ragged that they quit. Causes a very bad culture.
Such a bad reputation that they can't even get applicants to fill positions.
They don't go by their own policies and procedures. They pick and choose who they will follow these policies on and who they'll let slide.
I think that the CEO is great but he doesn't get told the truth. If we talk with anyone about problems in the building we are reprimanded by the DVP. The DVP in this area doesn't want the truth out there because it'll make her look bad. We have had around 4 Administrators in this building just in the time frame of my employment. Now this one is barely 25, no management experience and no supervision experience and has no idea what each one of the directors actually do let alone how they do it. It's sad because she really is smart and doesn't deserve being dropped in without the experience and knowledge she needs. She is basically a puppet for the DVP and I think this is purposeful.
Favoritism Beware
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2016
This place might be ok to work short term, but don't wear out your welcome because if the higher ups have a friend or family member needing a job, you will become a target. They will make all kinds of ridiculous demands and unsubstantiated claims, so make sure to document everything. You can also make friends with Admin, so when they do the random layoffs and firing you won't be selected. Don't get too comfortable there.
Pros
Near public transportation
Cons
Once individuals start making significant money, they will find a way to get rid of you and hire individuals they can pay less.
Concierge
Concierge/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at Trilogy. Met lots of nice people. Hours were very late and holidays were work days. I had scheduling conflicts as I have children. Late evenings didn't work for my family.
Messy Organization
Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2016
Trilogy, like many companies, has a great philosophy and appearance for how they run their business, but fail to live up to it in reality. The diverse range of clientele is great for building skills and experience within the field, and there are a lot of opportunities to be creative in how you develop your resume depending on the support of your immediate manager and the position you have in the company. The work is rewarding, but very stressful, which could be alleviated by restructuring hiring within the company so that there are Flex, part-time employees that can help pick up extra work instead of piling it all on top of full-time employees. I enjoyed a lot of my co-workers, but Trilogy has an outstanding reputation for being a place where its nearly impossible to get fired. The company holds on to poor employees due to fear of retaliation, or a lawsuit, or even perhaps not knowing how to set clear and proper boundaries for professional behavior at work. I know multiple people in management positions who felt unsupported when badly behaved employees were given the benefit of the doubt, allowing problems to persist and damage team cohesion.

Executive level management doesn't know how to manage well-- making quick decisions without 2-way communication, implementing procedures quickly and then failing to continue follow-up. The executive team recently began implementing measures to start addressing some of these problems, but it mostly for the benefit of lower level employees, not middle management. Middle management bears the brunt of everything and has very little support,
  more... and salary employees are overworked and provided little to no incentive for all of the extra work. Even if you're an exemplary worker going above and beyond the call of duty, it will most likely go unnoticed, since most people are putting out fires and don't have time to accolade what is actually going right, or improving. The CEO has little follow-through-- in meetings we talked about implementing simple measures for over 6 months with no action taken on his part, which felt like a waste of time and an insult. Overall, a challenging place to work with very little staff appreciation.  less
Pros
A good place to build skills and learn about the field of social service, Flexible work schedule, Some great co-workers, Company paid opportunities for advanced clinical training
Cons
Poor management, Messy program operations, Unclear communication from Executive staff, Low salary, high stress, Company holds on to poor employees
employees are awesome to work with
Lpn (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 18, 2014
Great place to work,staff very friendly,management is sorta political
but fair, downfall it is hard to get career advancement due to politics.,residents are great..
Pros
employees and residents great working conditions
Cons
no advancement
Great Company
Lead Architect Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2016
Great company to work for, I wished that my contract was longer. Loved my job but contract ended. Good work/ Life Balance.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Short Contracts
Boss seemed like a good guy, did his best to run his business.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILFebruary 1, 2013
The same can not be said for the Office Manager. This is the perfect example of where the saying, "Don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say." fits perfectly. As the junior employee I understood the politics of "earning your way" into the office, but her controlling nature did not allow any type of proper training to occur. She made the experience impossible.
Pros
pleasant colleagues and boss. environment was no frills warehouse but boss was very accomodating.
Cons
office manager was just all around unpleasant.
Excellent 'top down' training, with the emphasis on skill, profit, and 'the personal touch' with employees.
Manager & Sommelier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 22, 2014
Very good job, however? No advancement possible. Education and training were not recognized.
Pros
Excellent managers
Cons
No possibility for advancement.
very nice, clean facility, good people to work with, awesome activity and dietary department
lpn (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 18, 2012
Short staffed a lot, switched management when I was on maternity leave, I went back and worked 6 weeks, and they called me in for what was suppose to be my eval and they let me go.
Typical day at work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2015
Typical day at work is arriving at least 30minutes early. Having my coffee and ready start my day!. I love to come into work with a clear and positive mind. That way I am very productive because everyday is a new day.
A safe and clean environment / pleasant co-workers
CNA (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INAugust 7, 2013
I dearly love my residents. I minister in the Assisted Living section of our facility. I have learned volumes from sharing with and ministering to the older population. I feel blessed to have each and every one of them in my life and feel privileged to care for them and their needs. I assist my residents with showering, toileting and transferring. I am there to meet their every need. The hardest part of my job is the physical piece. I am finding it hard to perform the harder physical parts of my job. The most enjoyable - being in relationship with my older "brothers and sisters" - I have learned and grown so much for these relationships.
Pros
Mentioned above / plus an occasional free meal
Cons
Very little time to rest / no time for breaks / short dinner
i liked working at richland manor
Cook (Former Employee) –  Beaverdam, OHJanuary 9, 2014
I liked talking to residents. I liked working with nurses aides. I receved a lot of cooking experience.Igot along with management till towards the end. I was under alot of financial pressure will explain
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
alot of changes
Started in inventory control. worked my way to pack dept as a coordinator then trans to returns coordinator
Return/Packing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 28, 2015
Great place to work! Loved pack dept and inventory control. supervisors were great and caring. lost myself when I trans to returns! it was hard to comm. with supervisor. Always new procedures and very bad communication. other than moving to returns I adored my job there.
Pros
Environment, supervisors, HR, fellow employees
Cons
Seasonal help whom dont care, bonus for all dept
It was work
Replenishment (Former Employee) –  OHSeptember 12, 2012
It's an okay place if you are perhaps a young adult with no real bills to pay or have to support a family. The job place really lacks to give their working even 40hrs a week, instead of letting full time workers get their hrs they insist to hire young adults, making to where they have so many employ's that everything is done way ahead of time, causing Full time workers only get 30hrs a week.
Pros
it's easy work
Cons
short to no breaks and no hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trilogy, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.