Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Poor local dispatching
Tank (pneumatic) Truck Driver (Former Employee), Marble Falls, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: Poor local dispatch
Great company. Local dispatch horrible. Company needs to step in to keep good qualified drivers from leaving. Local drivers have no voice to upper management.
Trimac
Senior Washrack Technician (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 21, 2015
Good company to work for but management is not good, doesn't look out for there workers and doesn't appreciate them, will quickly to let you go for any reason and not understanding
Good place to work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Galt, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: very good benefits, holiday pay and vacation
Cons: no room for advancements
Pre -trip equipment. deliver product to customers. How to drive safely given the nature of the product, you must be aware of everyone and everything around you.
Co workers are very good people and are very good at there jobs.

Hardest part of the job was being away from home. and the fact that on your days off, it is mandatory to do company business.

Best part was driving all over, seeing the country
Free lunch during special driver promotions during the year
Administrative Assistant to the Branch Manager (Former Employee), Wellford, SCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: people were nice
Cons: not a good place to work for full-time as a adm asst / csr
Nice people to work with in the office. I learned how to enter AP invoices and control goups in PeopleSoft.

Drivers coming thru the office were all nice and respectful to talk with.
Fast pace
CSR/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: awesome co-workers, great team
Cons: no full- time postition available
I have the best co-workers, we are a great team. It's never the same each day changes, but always fast pace. Hardest part of the job is getting the drivers to turn in their paper work on time. Most enjoyable part of the job is I learn something new everyday.
dont do it
driver (Former Employee), houstonFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: every thing
There training is a joke,every load is dispatched late.There not going to pay 55 cent a mile,each yard pays different.this is a Canadian company.they require you to go to Canada but don't pay for the jump
TRANSPORTATION SHOP MANAGER (Current Employee), Marble Falls TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good support from managers
Cons: not a lot oftime off.
A good day is all trucks running and trailers loaded that gives time to work on out side customer trucks and trailers. Out side work helps support the shop and over head.
Experience
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Great Co-workers, Great experiences. I learned about leadership and initiatives. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are ahead of the traffic. The hardest part of the job is when management is not working with you for their mistakes.

May 19, 2015

Especially when you asked for more information or point to management that it may not work they like to tell you to call them and when you call there are no solutions or nobody is aware of anything. Basically they are passing the puck...

Lie like a rug
Mechanic (Former Employee), miss. shopDecember 22, 2014
Truck mechanic Never heard so muchB.S to get me to work there. Pay sucks , you have to be a babysitter in the shop. No other mechanic has tools and your tools go missing. Management sucks. No overtime. No training . Great job if you like to shunt trailers and work on trailers
Was a good company
April 2009 - Nov 2014 Driver (Former Employee), Greeley CO.December 4, 2014
Pros: drivers are treated decent
Cons: changes for the sake of changes with no beneficial outcome
This was a great place to work
Shifts start at 4 5 6 am and 4 5 6 pm Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday or a Friday - Monday weekend shift
Pay changes and management changes was a disservice to what was a Great Branch to work at.
I really hope it gets back to what it was.
This management does care about their drivers.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 30, 2014
The main point that I would like to make for other truck drivers is that the management & dispatchers do truly care about the drivers & will work with you on personal issues.
Always changing
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee), Galt, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: they let you do your job without micro managing.
Cons: lacks life balance pay decrease for otr drivers
Not a bad place to work. Good Equipment, Decent manager. Too many changes in the wages for the OTR drivers 3 changes in 2 months time. They took away the incentive to work harder by changing the pay scale from Miles to hourly. What you could make in four days now takes 5+ days. So you work longer for less money. Took away safety bonuses, took away subsistence pay also. They gave the local drivers a big raise and a pay cut for the OTR drivers. The management has listened to the complaints about the pay cut but has not budged to at least pay the OTR drivers what they were making before they went to paying hourly. Team drivers moral is low. But what can you expect when they give them a pay cut and tell them it is not a pay cut. The drivers are not stupid, They can add and subtract. You do not feel valued,that was not the case until they moved from Mileage base pay to hourly base pay. They will loose some great drivers. They need to adjust the pay rate and pay the OTR teams at least what they were making before they went to hourly.
Great job
U.S TRAINER (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: willingness to change.
Cons: ability to uphold moral level.
It really is a good place to work for job security if you are willing to put in the work required.
Very busy and fun atmosphere!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXOctober 1, 2014
Pros: we have office perks such as lunches, gift cards and company trinkets that we get often! it's a very laid back atmosphere and fun!
On a typical day I'm usually opening and closing Repair Orders and Purchase orders. I take all incoming calls to our shop and schedule all repairs needed. If parts are needed, I order those as well. I control our parts room and put all the parts into our system and do inventory counts. I handle lots of customer service as far as phones as well as in person. I can definitely multi-task any and all jobs that are asked of me and I can achieve them while under pressure!!
Was an okey place to work.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), 3710 cane run rdJuly 18, 2014
Enjoyed the job, but got layed off due to lack of work. The job wasnt hard at all. Billing, copying papers.
Hauling Cement
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2014
Pros: rarely saw a boss
Cons: accounting did not fix their mistakes on payroll
I pulled a pneumatic tank, delivering bulk cement to various ready mix plants throughout Oklahoma and Texas.
great place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 16, 2014
Pros: you can move up quickly
trimac is a great place to work a typical day consist of cleaning 18 wheeler tankers.The job advancment is great the mangers treat you with tons of respect.The co workers are team players, and the most enjoyable part is the knowledge you gain
Great work environment
Anonymous (Former Employee), BayportMay 14, 2014
Pros: open door policy
Cons: open door policy
Overall great company. Although, exposure to the good ol' boy network. It's not what you know but who you know.
Not a good place to work
Assistant Wash Rack Supervisor (Former Employee), La Porte, TXApril 29, 2014
Cons: bad management
Good old boy place to work, had to be a friend of someone to get any place at company..
Management was genuine and thoughtful.
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYApril 16, 2014
Pros: lots of extras, good money, driver appreciation
Cons: lots of work available, hard to get time off (unless it was related to medical)
As hard as it is to be an OTR Professional Driver, this company was hard to say goodbye to. Always treated with respect.

1 2 3

About Trimac Transportation

From its inception in 1945, Trimac Transportation has consistently sought and achieved industry leadership, and has a proven reputation – Read more

Trimac Transportation Salaries