Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Great place to work with an amazing environment
Technician/Service Writer (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXDecember 9, 2015
I have only been here for about three months, but in that time, I have learned a lot about the transportation industry and it's methods of safety procedures and trailer maintenance.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
N/A so far
Hard work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 19, 2015
The people there are very good people. The work there can be hard and it is very fast paced. You will work in a group and you have a supervisor at every machine.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Dangerous work
Caring culture
Regional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2015
Trimac has been one of the best places I've worked in a very long time. Will miss the people and the relevancy it places on recruiting.
Don't know what you want here!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 29, 2015
I have already described what the job entailed. The vast majority of the time I was working alone; had little interaction with others. The hardest part of the job was probably staying on top of all the rules and regulations dictated by the DOT, of which are quite numerous. The most enjoyable part was simply traveling, something I am very fond of...
Pros
salary
Cons
overnight stays, sleeping in truck
Working as part of a family
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2015
everyone got along and everyone helped each other, lots of social activities and friendships to be made, people helped each other and cross training was normal
Pros
the people
Cons
closed down
I loved oil field work
crude oil driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2015
most of my work is done outside, and in remote areas. I really enjoyed that only part I did not like was being away from my family
Pros
pay was great
Cons
management
n/a
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calera, AlJune 11, 2015
Great place just need fulltime and benefits. Also would be nice to have hands on training and better management. Seems to be a little problem communicating
Poor local dispatching
Tank (pneumatic) Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJune 9, 2015
Great company. Local dispatch horrible. Company needs to step in to keep good qualified drivers from leaving. Local drivers have no voice to upper management.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Poor local dispatch
Trimac
Senior Washrack Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 21, 2015
Good company to work for but management is not good, doesn't look out for there workers and doesn't appreciate them, will quickly to let you go for any reason and not understanding
Good place to work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Galt, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pre -trip equipment. deliver product to customers. How to drive safely given the nature of the product, you must be aware of everyone and everything around you.
Co workers are very good people and are very good at there jobs.

Hardest part of the job was being away from home. and the fact that on your days off, it is mandatory to do company business.

Best part was driving all over, seeing the country
Pros
very good benefits, holiday pay and vacation
Cons
no room for advancements
Free lunch during special driver promotions during the year
Administrative Assistant to the Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellford, SCMarch 2, 2015
Nice people to work with in the office. I learned how to enter AP invoices and control goups in PeopleSoft.

Drivers coming thru the office were all nice and respectful to talk with.
Pros
people were nice
Cons
not a good place to work for full-time as a adm asst / csr
Fast pace
CSR/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2015
I have the best co-workers, we are a great team. It's never the same each day changes, but always fast pace. Hardest part of the job is getting the drivers to turn in their paper work on time. Most enjoyable part of the job is I learn something new everyday.
Pros
awesome co-workers, great team
Cons
no full- time postition available
dont do it
driver (Former Employee) –  houstonFebruary 26, 2015
There training is a joke,every load is dispatched late.There not going to pay 55 cent a mile,each yard pays different.this is a Canadian company.they require you to go to Canada but don't pay for the jump
Pros
Cons
every thing
TRANSPORTATION SHOP MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls TXFebruary 2, 2015
A good day is all trucks running and trailers loaded that gives time to work on out side customer trucks and trailers. Out side work helps support the shop and over head.
Pros
good support from managers
Cons
not a lot oftime off.
Lie like a rug
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  miss. shopDecember 22, 2014
Truck mechanic Never heard so muchB.S to get me to work there. Pay sucks , you have to be a babysitter in the shop. No other mechanic has tools and your tools go missing. Management sucks. No overtime. No training . Great job if you like to shunt trailers and work on trailers
Was a good company
April 2009 - Nov 2014 Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley CO.December 4, 2014
This was a great place to work
Shifts start at 4 5 6 am and 4 5 6 pm Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday or a Friday - Monday weekend shift
Pay changes and management changes was a disservice to what was a Great Branch to work at.
I really hope it gets back to what it was.
Pros
drivers are treated decent
Cons
changes for the sake of changes with no beneficial outcome
This management does care about their drivers.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2014
The main point that I would like to make for other truck drivers is that the management & dispatchers do truly care about the drivers & will work with you on personal issues.
Always changing
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Galt, CANovember 22, 2014
Not a bad place to work. Good Equipment, Decent manager. Too many changes in the wages for the OTR drivers 3 changes in 2 months time. They took away the incentive to work harder by changing the pay scale from Miles to hourly. What you could make in four days now takes 5+ days. So you work longer for less money. Took away safety bonuses, took away subsistence pay also. They gave the local drivers a big raise and a pay cut for the OTR drivers. The management has listened to the complaints about the pay cut but has not budged to at least pay the OTR drivers what they were making before they went to paying hourly. Team drivers moral is low. But what can you expect when they give them a pay cut and tell them it is not a pay cut. The drivers are not stupid, They can add and subtract. You do not feel valued,that was not the case until they moved from Mileage base pay to hourly base pay. They will loose some great drivers. They need to adjust the pay rate and pay the OTR teams at least what they were making before they went to hourly.
Pros
they let you do your job without micro managing.
Cons
lacks life balance pay decrease for otr drivers
Great job
U.S TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 29, 2014
It really is a good place to work for job security if you are willing to put in the work required.
Pros
willingness to change.
Cons
ability to uphold moral level.
Very busy and fun atmosphere!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 1, 2014
On a typical day I'm usually opening and closing Repair Orders and Purchase orders. I take all incoming calls to our shop and schedule all repairs needed. If parts are needed, I order those as well. I control our parts room and put all the parts into our system and do inventory counts. I handle lots of customer service as far as phones as well as in person. I can definitely multi-task any and all jobs that are asked of me and I can achieve them while under pressure!!
Pros
we have office perks such as lunches, gift cards and company trinkets that we get often! it's a very laid back atmosphere and fun!