Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Good People,
Branch Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I really enjoyed my job and the people that I worked for and with. The new guys and the old timers that had been driving / dispatching for 25+ years, just needed more hours.
Pros
Involvement in Company Matters
Cons
Not enough hours for my position
good co.
Tank Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wellford, SCJanuary 21, 2018
pay was average most employees good to work with,most employees were knowledgeable about their jobs,some of the office staff could have been better,upper management was good.
Pros
nice equipment
Cons
long hrs.
had a nice break room
Tank Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LADecember 9, 2017
a typical day working at trimac get to work get dressed and then we would have a safety meeting and talk about what trailers had to go out and what time they had to be ready I learned how to prep tanks and how to clean a lot of different products like M.D.I. , T.D.I. , Water Treatment Compound, and all kinds of oils and waste water the management was not all that good it was getting better over all its a great place to work the hardest part of my job was trying to get work done without the right tools and products to clean with and the most enjoyable part of my job when everything went right and I had no problems at all getting my work done on time
Not a good place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
It was not a good place to work and little room for growth. I wouldn't recommend working there.

The upper management at this company in the corporate office was mostly men and it was a sexist environment. For example, there was an event that required all of us dressed formally. A male manager actually said that it was about time the ladies started to look nice and wear skirts and dresses.

There is also a big disparity between the haves and have nots. The management would treat themselves to nice getaways but give the employees pizza and would take away the soda as soon as the event was over. They really didn't want you to have more than one.
The Company is great
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 16, 2017
Trimac is a great company to work for. I left because a golden nugget was dangled in front of my face. I loved my schedule but the pay could've been better.
Terrible place to work.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 15, 2017
The safety culture is like a cult. They make you say safety commitments every day like you're a little kid. Terrible place to work. The make up work on customer equipment, total BS. They treat you terrible. Beware!
Pros
Decent pay
Changes
Senior load planner (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 12, 2017
Transportation is change. They have good ideas about personal growth and changing for the better. They offer training for multiple subjects that could better yourself.
Pay to low
Driver (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAAugust 23, 2017
Productive and very hectic if you came in before mangement. If you had any problems you had to wait until 08:00 to get it taken care of.I learned to not let it bother me because management would give you a phone list on who to call but they would not answer the phone.
Pros
co workers
Cons
pay
If you like being unappreciated while being over worked and under paid this is the job for you
Diesel Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 15, 2017
They will work you to death and then spit in your face with a 25 cent raise. Management will not acknowledge any good things you do but will slit your throat the first time you make a mistake.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Worst managment ever, bullying and favorism
Trimac is a well rounded company with lots of oppurtunities to grow.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYAugust 11, 2017
Working with the Team in Rock Springs has been a great experience. They care about their drivers and their drivers families. They don't make promises they cant keep. First secure job I have had in a long time. The Ladies in the Rock Springs branch do a top notch job !!!

I have crossed trained on Chemical and Industrial Gas . I have learned more working for this Company then anywhere else. You want to run you can make good money.

Equipment is leased and in good condition . Rarely do we have units break down for any long periods of time.

If you are looking for a career and not a job this is the place to go. I will retire with this Company . The best thing about it is they have branches all over the country if you want to transfer they will make that happen!!!!
Pros
Hometime, Management, and $$$$$ Career Growth
Cons
No Sirues Radio in trucks unless you want to pay for it.
Good place to work if you don't mind 60 -70 hours per week.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAAugust 3, 2017
I drove OTR for Trimac, mostly to the west coast and Canada. For an OTR driver, you can't beat the length of haul. The local branch manager and dispatch were good guys, and treat you almost as good as an actual human. I always got paid on time.
is a ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
is a ok place to work could be a lot better , and could pay more or offer intensives for the employees , like a yearly bonus or better pay raise than what they do.
Cons
does not promote within or pay great
Typical large corporation
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Portage, INJuly 22, 2017
Typical big company with lots of rules. corporate always coming in and pushing so many loads the customer gets annoyed. people who run hard are expected to do extra loads while lazy people intentionally drag their feet and make the hard workers day longer. the branch manager is pretty good if you have an issue or need something they will work with you and try to keep you happy. where they can. dispatcher/traffic monitor always telling you how to do your job when they don't even have a CDL. equipment was ok. trucks are governed and have on board driver assists that are annoying. trailers at the branch I was at are wearing and maintenance is spotty due to trying to cut costs. the work day is ok if you don't get stuck waiting. you can make decent money here if you want to work for it. overall rating is ok. not the best but not the worst. lots of rules and BS.
Pros
benefits, guarantee pay
Cons
lazy slow people
Not a fun workplace they are taking away our profit sharing or safety bonus I should say
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Taylor MichiganJuly 15, 2017
no you never know you're going to get a load or they took away our safety bonus they changed our vacations you said all day at the terminal to get a load you don't know if you're going to get a load
Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 11, 2017
Good Company to work for. No work life balance. May require some long hours as well as weekend work. Good benefits. New management could use some managerial and coaching classes.
great start off into mechanic
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 6, 2017
work environment is great. very family oriented. Not so great on benifits. managers are great and have full knowledge of equipment. very great way to start off as a diesel mechanic and trailer mechanic
Hauling cement, pumping it into silos
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GAJuly 6, 2017
Dirty, allergic dust. Wasn't able to tolerate dust. Paid 15.00 load and if you were detained, could not make more than deliveries in a day. Low pay and poor working conditions.
Pros
Life, health, holidays
Cons
Dirty job that would take many months to perfect
Collections
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
Typical day in collections running reports, talking to customer, reconciling payments. Typical collections work.
The people I work with is the best part.
They could pay is not the best
Pros
People
Cons
Managment
Good place to obtain chem haul experience, but do thorough pretrips!!!
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 4, 2017
The Swift of the tanker haul game. Actually, equipment wise, Trimac is far worse. $72,000 annual is a lie. Expect no more than $52,000 annual if based out of Tennessee as a company driver.
Hard place to thrive in
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2017
Managment changes often, people are let go with no warning. Layoffs are a trend at this place. The office politics is out of hand, and no confidentiality.
Pros
nice parties
Cons
layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.