Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Great place to learn tankers but falls off quickly after that
Class A OTR Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 23, 2017
Benefits are really bad (very high deductibles)

Dispatch doesnt care and dont have a clue. Forget getting intouch with them after hours or weekends. Send you to Canada, get to border and your crossing has not been submitted, no big deal Ill call, wrong no answer, thanks for not doing your job which by the in this case I went to dispatch before leaving for Canada and asked if everything was submitted, yeah sure is was the response lol

Paychecks are constantly messed up, what makes it worse is you have to argue with office ladies at your terminal over your pay and you still wont get paid. This is a weekly or biweekly issue at the Geismar terminal.

Safety is a job, or at our terminal it is

I wouldnt hesitate to use them to get into tankers but run fast as you can once you can jump ship to a better tanker outfit
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced and fun. Loved the customers and drivers
Senior Branch Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 19, 2017
Workload was heavy, so do whatever it takes to get it done. Lots of fun. To understand wash rack better, got D wastewater license. Pretty much did every aspect of jobs at Trimac. Very good place to work. Home office in Canada and very helpful on anything you had questions for.
Good safe company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2017
Trimac is a good place to work. The work is consistent and pays well. Driver health and safety are priorities. There are safety courses online and if you need help they will get you help. I enjoy working with my managers who tell you the truth not the usual run around
Pros
Good management
Cons
Too much away time.
good company to work for
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Great Bend, KSApril 17, 2017
company followed through on their promises, management was easy to work with and communication between drivers and all levels of management was encouraged.
Pros
lot of miles, got paid for all miles, work, and time
Cons
long periods away from home
Enjoyed
Mechanic/Shop Supervisor/Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandenburg, KYApril 12, 2017
Did many different jobs while there. Seemed like everything was done with as few of bodies as possible. The company was based out of Alberta Canada.
Awesome
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILApril 3, 2017
Wish I never would have left. Great place to work were your safety is truly priority number one there was an understanding that there truly is life outside of Trimac.
Pros
Fun, Team environment
Horrible management
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYMarch 28, 2017
Terrible communication. You have 3 to 4 ppl in the office and when you ask a question nobody knows the question
Most unorganized job I've ever had. No money
Pros
Easy
Cons
Terribly ran place dont know how they still have their jobs
Horrible Management
Professional Driver Pneumatic Tank (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, SCMarch 19, 2017
Horrible Management that doesn't care about workers, look at them as tools instead of people. They lure you in with a guarantee, and then proceed to do anything in their power to keep you below it.
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
Everything else
can't make a living
Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 3, 2017
Company has gone down hill. From making $25 to making $18 an hour. Company gives drivers less than 40 hours a week and that's their busy season. They advertise that a driver can make 78,000 a year. Not even close.
Pros
Cons
wages hours
good
coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
great environment
always strive to be competitive in the market
great place to work
family oriented
trimac has made the the successful person that I am today
Excellent place to work , care for their employees
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJanuary 31, 2017
My time with Trimac was fun and a real learning experience, I drove truck all over the lower 48 states delivering hazmat loads to customers . My boss's there were helpful and encouraging.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Being out of town for weeks sometimes
Great pay, benefit packages.
Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Huge company, so rather hard to move up due to the requirement of multiple director "approvals." Most of management is very empathetic with the employees. There is a lot of focus on retention but only for the driver force. Seems to be a lot of turn over for management level employees.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
Hard to move up, too many directors/layers of management, lots of responsibility for even lower level employees
Pensacola Terminal
Ex driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Stay away from here. There is no work locally or regional. You will have to stay on the road and away from home to survive. If you like life away from home then Pensacola is right for you.
Cons
They play around about your money
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshall, txDecember 23, 2016
Do not work in marshall tx. They have a directive posted on the dispatchers bulletin board saying trim driver's wages by 27%.and they mean it. Even if they have to short your paycheck. And when their mouths are moving. It's a sure sign they're lying to you.
Pros
Excellent orientation program
Cons
Should be everyone in the marshall office behind bars
Canada company
Cryogenic Bulk Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CANovember 2, 2016
They come and go from place to place. CONTRACT DRIVERS is what the hire. They offer to run the drivers cheaper and more efficient. This place comes and goes from place to place. Hire and fire 50 drivers every time they can get a deal on a new contract.

If you want to get off "the road" come here. This is not the place to go for any long term work or benefits. However, short time work it's an OK place to work.

Keep an eye on your paycheck, it will be shorted often!

Most the drivers joined a lawsuit successfully suing trimac for unpaid lunch breaks.
Pros
home daily
Cons
Here today and gone tomorrow
yard trucks
Yard Jockey (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 26, 2016
They have old yard trucks and will not replace them with newer models,yard trucks are paid for and all work done with them is all profit and maintenance is a tax write off,this makes for uncomfortable work environment and I do not recommend working for them as a yard jockey and also talking with road drivers their trucks break down all the time
Pros
Cons
bad work environment
What are my opinion
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 25, 2016
Recently hired on the elite team but now that I'm working not receiving pay per mile as expected paying me a lesser rate than my contract calls for !!! Feel like I've been had!!!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Productive enviornment with great coworkers
Wash Tech (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 10, 2016
Very educational workplace. Enjoyed my other coworkers conversation to learn knew things I may not have known before. Also liked that the company did things for the coworker for holidays and so forth.
Descent pay and good benefits
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 27, 2016
I have worked here for over 7 years. I have at times been worried about my job security due to major changes that the company makes from time to time. I have had 8 different managers in the 7 + years I have worked here and worked for 3 different branches. (One of which was shut down). I have worked hard to learn new skills in order for a chance at advancement but I now realize that is not in the cards unless I am willing to relocate my entire family out of Californis which is not a possibility for me.
Pros
Possibility to make descent money.
Cons
Uncertainty
Great company to work for, except there is no chance of improving.
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, TXAugust 16, 2016
It was the single easiest job I have ever had, I had to be certified on a trackmobile. It is a small locomotive to pull full and empty railcars. My main job was to drive around small trains.
Pros
Worked mostly nights as security
Cons
Management was poor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9