Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for work, had a good environment, with good benifits. many shifts and great hours. oppurtunity for overtime also.
trailer mechanic and welder (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 31, 2016
Don't know what you want here!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 29, 2015
I have already described what the job entailed. The vast majority of the time I was working alone; had little interaction with others. The hardest part of the job was probably staying on top of all the rules and regulations dictated by the DOT, of which are quite numerous. The most enjoyable part was simply traveling, something I am very fond of...
Pros
salary
Cons
overnight stays, sleeping in truck
Work flow is unpredictable and difficult to communicate with superiors.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 9, 2016
I begin everyday by reading over notes left by the night shift the previous evening. I correct times spent on any different repair item, proof read and correct every comment left in the system, verify parts billing is correct and complete out each repair order for the shop manager to perform the final review. Mondays and Thursdays are filled with various reports and payroll. Throughout each day, I close out invoices and bill the items to the appropriate repair order or GL account. Management doesn't often assign any new tasks or projects and when it happens the directives and deadlines are never clear. I have great communication with the techs working on the jobs assigned throughout the day. We give clear communication as to what they need for their jobs and what I can provide to assist them by asking various probing questions and giving feedback in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is when everyone can come together in an open dialog and communicate tasks and concerns.
Pros
Short commute and good pay rates
Cons
Expensive health care and very little clear communication with any management.
no fun to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 7, 2016
they advertise 67,000 yr I never saw it not after three and half yrs.The only way you see that kind of money is if you are one of the good old boys.They are always on your back about something you never do anything right and if anything isn't just so the driver is at fault no matter what, it is a hostial work invorment no fun.They are on your case if you don't work seventy hrs up to the minute and so on...............
Pros
payed wlky
Cons
non stop on your back
Good people, good team to work with
driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2016
I was hired awhile ago and assist in the interview process with new guys.... I like how we all can be honest to everyone, even discuss the low ends of the job. That's all I ever wanted at a company was a place to be honest with me so I know what I am getting into and can prepare. I have worked here 6 years through the good and the bad times and they were honest with me throughout all of it. Out of all of the Trimac branches I have visited, the Tampa one is one that would help a person out more than anywhere. Even the manager has a CDL and knows how to unload tanks or help drivers get unplugged. I wish we had more of what some of the other trimac branches have, like hauling fuel, or other chemicals, but maybe one day
Pros
Very honest, upfront, even when times got tough they were still honest
Cons
wish we hauled more commodities out of tampa like the other trimac branches haul, fuel, etc
OTR Elite
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 16, 2016
Money is really great! You're paid for what you do (as long as you put it on your paperwork). Since you're Elite, there isn't much home-time. But, they get you home when you need to be home. The Elite drivers get loaded first so there isn't much sitting. If you do sit, you're paid.

If you want to make money, you can make money on the Elite board.

1.65 mile loaded/1.17 mile empty for O/O's

And that's not including fsc
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Hometime
A contract is a contract
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2016
Well having been here only a few months I've noticed the company's value for safety being a #1 priority, which is nice. The work is pretty easy once you understand the procedures. On the downside, if the company you work for has a contract that is pretty much what your job depends on you have no choice but to leave if the contract ends.
Very Oriented and family relationship jobs
Transportation Supervisor / TankWash Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 29, 2016
Typical day was planing job prodcution and managing that all goals are met. Knowledge in all chemical products. Also enforcing safety to all subordinates that no incidents happen on site. In charge of day to day operations. In charge of payroll. In cahrge of awarding and punishment of employees production.
Good place to work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Galt, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pre -trip equipment. deliver product to customers. How to drive safely given the nature of the product, you must be aware of everyone and everything around you.
Co workers are very good people and are very good at there jobs.

Hardest part of the job was being away from home. and the fact that on your days off, it is mandatory to do company business.

Best part was driving all over, seeing the country
Pros
very good benefits, holiday pay and vacation
Cons
no room for advancements
3PL for a Major Cement supplier
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TxFebruary 22, 2016
In charge of multiple carrier dispatch and management. Requires
excellent customer service with carriers, customers and drivers.
Pros
The relationship with the carries and drivers built
Cons
Spending weeks at a time away from family
Always changing
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Galt, CANovember 22, 2014
Not a bad place to work. Good Equipment, Decent manager. Too many changes in the wages for the OTR drivers 3 changes in 2 months time. They took away the incentive to work harder by changing the pay scale from Miles to hourly. What you could make in four days now takes 5+ days. So you work longer for less money. Took away safety bonuses, took away subsistence pay also. They gave the local drivers a big raise and a pay cut for the OTR drivers. The management has listened to the complaints about the pay cut but has not budged to at least pay the OTR drivers what they were making before they went to paying hourly. Team drivers moral is low. But what can you expect when they give them a pay cut and tell them it is not a pay cut. The drivers are not stupid, They can add and subtract. You do not feel valued,that was not the case until they moved from Mileage base pay to hourly base pay. They will loose some great drivers. They need to adjust the pay rate and pay the OTR teams at least what they were making before they went to hourly.
Pros
they let you do your job without micro managing.
Cons
lacks life balance pay decrease for otr drivers
n/a
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calera, AlJune 11, 2015
Great place just need fulltime and benefits. Also would be nice to have hands on training and better management. Seems to be a little problem communicating
Might be good, but not in Geismar...
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 28, 2013
I had high hopes for this company... But working in Geismar was a nightmare and when I tried to transfer they would not let me even. Long days - 12 hours. Calls at home ALL THE TIME when you're supposed to be off. They don't care about family life at all, at least not in the Geismar terminal. I really enjoyed my times spent in the Texas operations for training and visiting and would loved to have been allowed to transfer there, but they would rather lose their good help than allow them to transfer. They have a very high turnover rate in their management and supervisors at the terminal levels... signs of problems that they choose to ignore at the corporate level.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
they don't care about you as a person or that you might have a family.
Very small Branch Office with no room for advancement.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portage, INDecember 16, 2015
Typical day at Trimac for me was customer invoicing, paying of all branch bills, running reports and reconciling repair orders.

Branch Manager ran two locations and was not at the Portage location very often.

Most of the co-workers were friendly and respectful.
Great place to work with an amazing environment
Technician/Service Writer (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXDecember 9, 2015
I have only been here for about three months, but in that time, I have learned a lot about the transportation industry and it's methods of safety procedures and trailer maintenance.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
N/A so far
Trimac is an excellent Company to work for
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYApril 23, 2012
I work for Trimac, as a driver, and I can honestly recommend this company to anyone who is considering applying.
The pay and benefits are great, and if you like working in a family type atmosphere, then you will love working for Trimac.
Pros
pay, benefits, equipment, training...
Hard work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 19, 2015
The people there are very good people. The work there can be hard and it is very fast paced. You will work in a group and you have a supervisor at every machine.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Dangerous work
Working as part of a family
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2015
everyone got along and everyone helped each other, lots of social activities and friendships to be made, people helped each other and cross training was normal
Pros
the people
Cons
closed down
Caring culture
Regional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2015
Trimac has been one of the best places I've worked in a very long time. Will miss the people and the relevancy it places on recruiting.
I loved oil field work
crude oil driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2015
most of my work is done outside, and in remote areas. I really enjoyed that only part I did not like was being away from my family
Pros
pay was great
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9