Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Canada company
Cryogenic Bulk Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CANovember 2, 2016
They come and go from place to place. CONTRACT DRIVERS is what the hire. They offer to run the drivers cheaper and more efficient. This place comes and goes from place to place. Hire and fire 50 drivers every time they can get a deal on a new contract.

If you want to get off "the road" come here. This is not the place to go for any long term work or benefits. However, short time work it's an OK place to work.

Keep an eye on your paycheck, it will be shorted often!

Most the drivers joined a lawsuit successfully suing trimac for unpaid lunch breaks.
Pros
home daily
Cons
Here today and gone tomorrow
yard trucks
Yard Jockey (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 26, 2016
They have old yard trucks and will not replace them with newer models,yard trucks are paid for and all work done with them is all profit and maintenance is a tax write off,this makes for uncomfortable work environment and I do not recommend working for them as a yard jockey and also talking with road drivers their trucks break down all the time
Pros
Cons
bad work environment
What are my opinion
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 25, 2016
Recently hired on the elite team but now that I'm working not receiving pay per mile as expected paying me a lesser rate than my contract calls for !!! Feel like I've been had!!!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Productive enviornment with great coworkers
Wash Tech (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 10, 2016
Very educational workplace. Enjoyed my other coworkers conversation to learn knew things I may not have known before. Also liked that the company did things for the coworker for holidays and so forth.
Descent pay and good benefits
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 27, 2016
I have worked here for over 7 years. I have at times been worried about my job security due to major changes that the company makes from time to time. I have had 8 different managers in the 7 + years I have worked here and worked for 3 different branches. (One of which was shut down). I have worked hard to learn new skills in order for a chance at advancement but I now realize that is not in the cards unless I am willing to relocate my entire family out of Californis which is not a possibility for me.
Pros
Possibility to make descent money.
Cons
Uncertainty
Great company to work for, except there is no chance of improving.
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, TXAugust 16, 2016
It was the single easiest job I have ever had, I had to be certified on a trackmobile. It is a small locomotive to pull full and empty railcars. My main job was to drive around small trains.
Pros
Worked mostly nights as security
Cons
Management was poor
no fun to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 7, 2016
they advertise 67,000 yr I never saw it not after three and half yrs.The only way you see that kind of money is if you are one of the good old boys.They are always on your back about something you never do anything right and if anything isn't just so the driver is at fault no matter what, it is a hostial work invorment no fun.They are on your case if you don't work seventy hrs up to the minute and so on...............
Pros
payed wlky
Cons
non stop on your back
A contract is a contract
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2016
Well having been here only a few months I've noticed the company's value for safety being a #1 priority, which is nice. The work is pretty easy once you understand the procedures. On the downside, if the company you work for has a contract that is pretty much what your job depends on you have no choice but to leave if the contract ends.
Work flow is unpredictable and difficult to communicate with superiors.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 9, 2016
I begin everyday by reading over notes left by the night shift the previous evening. I correct times spent on any different repair item, proof read and correct every comment left in the system, verify parts billing is correct and complete out each repair order for the shop manager to perform the final review. Mondays and Thursdays are filled with various reports and payroll. Throughout each day, I close out invoices and bill the items to the appropriate repair order or GL account. Management doesn't often assign any new tasks or projects and when it happens the directives and deadlines are never clear. I have great communication with the techs working on the jobs assigned throughout the day. We give clear communication as to what they need for their jobs and what I can provide to assist them by asking various probing questions and giving feedback in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is when everyone can come together in an open dialog and communicate tasks and concerns.
Pros
Short commute and good pay rates
Cons
Expensive health care and very little clear communication with any management.
OTR Elite
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 16, 2016
Money is really great! You're paid for what you do (as long as you put it on your paperwork). Since you're Elite, there isn't much home-time. But, they get you home when you need to be home. The Elite drivers get loaded first so there isn't much sitting. If you do sit, you're paid.

If you want to make money, you can make money on the Elite board.

1.65 mile loaded/1.17 mile empty for O/O's

And that's not including fsc
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Hometime
Great place for work, had a good environment, with good benifits. many shifts and great hours. oppurtunity for overtime also.
trailer mechanic and welder (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 31, 2016
Very Oriented and family relationship jobs
Transportation Supervisor / TankWash Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 29, 2016
Typical day was planing job prodcution and managing that all goals are met. Knowledge in all chemical products. Also enforcing safety to all subordinates that no incidents happen on site. In charge of day to day operations. In charge of payroll. In cahrge of awarding and punishment of employees production.
3PL for a Major Cement supplier
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TxFebruary 22, 2016
In charge of multiple carrier dispatch and management. Requires
excellent customer service with carriers, customers and drivers.
Pros
The relationship with the carries and drivers built
Cons
Spending weeks at a time away from family
Good people, good team to work with
driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2016
I was hired awhile ago and assist in the interview process with new guys.... I like how we all can be honest to everyone, even discuss the low ends of the job. That's all I ever wanted at a company was a place to be honest with me so I know what I am getting into and can prepare. I have worked here 6 years through the good and the bad times and they were honest with me throughout all of it. Out of all of the Trimac branches I have visited, the Tampa one is one that would help a person out more than anywhere. Even the manager has a CDL and knows how to unload tanks or help drivers get unplugged. I wish we had more of what some of the other trimac branches have, like hauling fuel, or other chemicals, but maybe one day
Pros
Very honest, upfront, even when times got tough they were still honest
Cons
wish we hauled more commodities out of tampa like the other trimac branches haul, fuel, etc
Very small Branch Office with no room for advancement.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portage, INDecember 16, 2015
Typical day at Trimac for me was customer invoicing, paying of all branch bills, running reports and reconciling repair orders.

Branch Manager ran two locations and was not at the Portage location very often.

Most of the co-workers were friendly and respectful.
Great place to work with an amazing environment
Technician/Service Writer (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXDecember 9, 2015
I have only been here for about three months, but in that time, I have learned a lot about the transportation industry and it's methods of safety procedures and trailer maintenance.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
N/A so far
Hard work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 19, 2015
The people there are very good people. The work there can be hard and it is very fast paced. You will work in a group and you have a supervisor at every machine.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Dangerous work
Caring culture
Regional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2015
Trimac has been one of the best places I've worked in a very long time. Will miss the people and the relevancy it places on recruiting.
Don't know what you want here!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 29, 2015
I have already described what the job entailed. The vast majority of the time I was working alone; had little interaction with others. The hardest part of the job was probably staying on top of all the rules and regulations dictated by the DOT, of which are quite numerous. The most enjoyable part was simply traveling, something I am very fond of...
Pros
salary
Cons
overnight stays, sleeping in truck
Working as part of a family
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2015
everyone got along and everyone helped each other, lots of social activities and friendships to be made, people helped each other and cross training was normal
Pros
the people
Cons
closed down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8