Trimac Transportation Employee Review

View all Trimac Transportation reviews

Might be good, but not in Geismar...
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 28, 2013
I had high hopes for this company... But working in Geismar was a nightmare and when I tried to transfer they would not let me even. Long days - 12 hours. Calls at home ALL THE TIME when you're supposed to be off. They don't care about family life at all, at least not in the Geismar terminal. I really enjoyed my times spent in the Texas operations for training and visiting and would loved to have been allowed to transfer there, but they would rather lose their good help than allow them to transfer. They have a very high turnover rate in their management and supervisors at the terminal levels... signs of problems that they choose to ignore at the corporate level.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
they don't care about you as a person or that you might have a family.

Other Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

had a nice break room
Tank Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LADecember 9, 2017
a typical day working at trimac get to work get dressed and then we would have a safety meeting and talk about what trailers had to go out and what time they had to be ready I learned how to prep tanks and how to clean a lot of different products like M.D.I. , T.D.I. , Water Treatment Compound, and all kinds of oils and waste water the management was not all that good it was getting better over all its a great place to work the hardest part of my job was trying to get work done without the right tools and products to clean with and the most enjoyable part of my job when everything went right and I had no problems at all getting my work done on time
Not a good place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
It was not a good place to work and little room for growth. I wouldn't recommend working there.

The upper management at this company in the corporate office was mostly men and it was a sexist environment. For example, there was an event that required all of us dressed formally. A male manager actually said that it was about time the ladies started to look nice and wear skirts and dresses.

There is also a big disparity between the haves and have nots. The management would treat themselves to nice getaways but give the employees pizza and would take away the soda as soon as the event was over. They really didn't want you to have more than one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9