Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Great pay, benefit packages.
Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Huge company, so rather hard to move up due to the requirement of multiple director "approvals." Most of management is very empathetic with the employees. There is a lot of focus on retention but only for the driver force. Seems to be a lot of turn over for management level employees.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
Hard to move up, too many directors/layers of management, lots of responsibility for even lower level employees
They play around about your money
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshall, txDecember 23, 2016
Do not work in marshall tx. They have a directive posted on the dispatchers bulletin board saying trim driver's wages by 27%.and they mean it. Even if they have to short your paycheck. And when their mouths are moving. It's a sure sign they're lying to you.
Pros
Excellent orientation program
Cons
Should be everyone in the marshall office behind bars
Canada company
Cryogenic Bulk Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CANovember 2, 2016
They come and go from place to place. CONTRACT DRIVERS is what the hire. They offer to run the drivers cheaper and more efficient. This place comes and goes from place to place. Hire and fire 50 drivers every time they can get a deal on a new contract.

If you want to get off "the road" come here. This is not the place to go for any long term work or benefits. However, short time work it's an OK place to work.

Keep an eye on your paycheck, it will be shorted often!

Most the drivers joined a lawsuit successfully suing trimac for unpaid lunch breaks.
Pros
home daily
Cons
Here today and gone tomorrow
Excellent place to work , care for their employees
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJanuary 31, 2017
My time with Trimac was fun and a real learning experience, I drove truck all over the lower 48 states delivering hazmat loads to customers . My boss's there were helpful and encouraging.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Being out of town for weeks sometimes
yard trucks
Yard Jockey (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 26, 2016
They have old yard trucks and will not replace them with newer models,yard trucks are paid for and all work done with them is all profit and maintenance is a tax write off,this makes for uncomfortable work environment and I do not recommend working for them as a yard jockey and also talking with road drivers their trucks break down all the time
Pros
Cons
bad work environment
Horrible Management
Professional Driver Pneumatic Tank (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, SCMarch 19, 2017
Horrible Management that doesn't care about workers, look at them as tools instead of people. They lure you in with a guarantee, and then proceed to do anything in their power to keep you below it.
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
Everything else
can't make a living
Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 3, 2017
Company has gone down hill. From making $25 to making $18 an hour. Company gives drivers less than 40 hours a week and that's their busy season. They advertise that a driver can make 78,000 a year. Not even close.
Pros
Cons
wages hours
Descent pay and good benefits
Driver (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 27, 2016
I have worked here for over 7 years. I have at times been worried about my job security due to major changes that the company makes from time to time. I have had 8 different managers in the 7 + years I have worked here and worked for 3 different branches. (One of which was shut down). I have worked hard to learn new skills in order for a chance at advancement but I now realize that is not in the cards unless I am willing to relocate my entire family out of Californis which is not a possibility for me.
Pros
Possibility to make descent money.
Cons
Uncertainty
Pensacola Terminal
Ex driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Stay away from here. There is no work locally or regional. You will have to stay on the road and away from home to survive. If you like life away from home then Pensacola is right for you.
Cons
Productive enviornment with great coworkers
Wash Tech (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 10, 2016
Very educational workplace. Enjoyed my other coworkers conversation to learn knew things I may not have known before. Also liked that the company did things for the coworker for holidays and so forth.
good
coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
great environment
always strive to be competitive in the market
great place to work
family oriented
trimac has made the the successful person that I am today
no fun to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 7, 2016
they advertise 67,000 yr I never saw it not after three and half yrs.The only way you see that kind of money is if you are one of the good old boys.They are always on your back about something you never do anything right and if anything isn't just so the driver is at fault no matter what, it is a hostial work invorment no fun.They are on your case if you don't work seventy hrs up to the minute and so on...............
Pros
payed wlky
Cons
non stop on your back
Great company to work for, except there is no chance of improving.
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, TXAugust 16, 2016
It was the single easiest job I have ever had, I had to be certified on a trackmobile. It is a small locomotive to pull full and empty railcars. My main job was to drive around small trains.
Pros
Worked mostly nights as security
Cons
Management was poor
What are my opinion
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 25, 2016
Recently hired on the elite team but now that I'm working not receiving pay per mile as expected paying me a lesser rate than my contract calls for !!! Feel like I've been had!!!
Pros
Good people
Cons
A contract is a contract
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2016
Well having been here only a few months I've noticed the company's value for safety being a #1 priority, which is nice. The work is pretty easy once you understand the procedures. On the downside, if the company you work for has a contract that is pretty much what your job depends on you have no choice but to leave if the contract ends.
OTR Elite
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 16, 2016
Money is really great! You're paid for what you do (as long as you put it on your paperwork). Since you're Elite, there isn't much home-time. But, they get you home when you need to be home. The Elite drivers get loaded first so there isn't much sitting. If you do sit, you're paid.

If you want to make money, you can make money on the Elite board.

1.65 mile loaded/1.17 mile empty for O/O's

And that's not including fsc
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Hometime
Very Oriented and family relationship jobs
Transportation Supervisor / TankWash Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 29, 2016
Typical day was planing job prodcution and managing that all goals are met. Knowledge in all chemical products. Also enforcing safety to all subordinates that no incidents happen on site. In charge of day to day operations. In charge of payroll. In cahrge of awarding and punishment of employees production.
Great place for work, had a good environment, with good benifits. many shifts and great hours. oppurtunity for overtime also.
trailer mechanic and welder (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 31, 2016
Good people, good team to work with
driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2016
I was hired awhile ago and assist in the interview process with new guys.... I like how we all can be honest to everyone, even discuss the low ends of the job. That's all I ever wanted at a company was a place to be honest with me so I know what I am getting into and can prepare. I have worked here 6 years through the good and the bad times and they were honest with me throughout all of it. Out of all of the Trimac branches I have visited, the Tampa one is one that would help a person out more than anywhere. Even the manager has a CDL and knows how to unload tanks or help drivers get unplugged. I wish we had more of what some of the other trimac branches have, like hauling fuel, or other chemicals, but maybe one day
Pros
Very honest, upfront, even when times got tough they were still honest
Cons
wish we hauled more commodities out of tampa like the other trimac branches haul, fuel, etc
3PL for a Major Cement supplier
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TxFebruary 22, 2016
In charge of multiple carrier dispatch and management. Requires
excellent customer service with carriers, customers and drivers.
Pros
The relationship with the carries and drivers built
Cons
Spending weeks at a time away from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9