Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

OTR Elite
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 16, 2016
Money is really great! You're paid for what you do (as long as you put it on your paperwork). Since you're Elite, there isn't much home-time. But, they get you home when you need to be home. The Elite drivers get loaded first so there isn't much sitting. If you do sit, you're paid.

If you want to make money, you can make money on the Elite board.

1.65 mile loaded/1.17 mile empty for O/O's

And that's not including fsc
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Hometime
Great place for work, had a good environment, with good benifits. many shifts and great hours. oppurtunity for overtime also.
trailer mechanic and welder (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 31, 2016
Very Oriented and family relationship jobs
Transportation Supervisor / TankWash Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 29, 2016
Typical day was planing job prodcution and managing that all goals are met. Knowledge in all chemical products. Also enforcing safety to all subordinates that no incidents happen on site. In charge of day to day operations. In charge of payroll. In cahrge of awarding and punishment of employees production.
3PL for a Major Cement supplier
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TxFebruary 22, 2016
In charge of multiple carrier dispatch and management. Requires
excellent customer service with carriers, customers and drivers.
Pros
The relationship with the carries and drivers built
Cons
Spending weeks at a time away from family
Good people, good team to work with
driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2016
I was hired awhile ago and assist in the interview process with new guys.... I like how we all can be honest to everyone, even discuss the low ends of the job. That's all I ever wanted at a company was a place to be honest with me so I know what I am getting into and can prepare. I have worked here 6 years through the good and the bad times and they were honest with me throughout all of it. Out of all of the Trimac branches I have visited, the Tampa one is one that would help a person out more than anywhere. Even the manager has a CDL and knows how to unload tanks or help drivers get unplugged. I wish we had more of what some of the other trimac branches have, like hauling fuel, or other chemicals, but maybe one day
Pros
Very honest, upfront, even when times got tough they were still honest
Cons
wish we hauled more commodities out of tampa like the other trimac branches haul, fuel, etc
Very small Branch Office with no room for advancement.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portage, INDecember 16, 2015
Typical day at Trimac for me was customer invoicing, paying of all branch bills, running reports and reconciling repair orders.

Branch Manager ran two locations and was not at the Portage location very often.

Most of the co-workers were friendly and respectful.
Great place to work with an amazing environment
Technician/Service Writer (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXDecember 9, 2015
I have only been here for about three months, but in that time, I have learned a lot about the transportation industry and it's methods of safety procedures and trailer maintenance.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
N/A so far
Hard work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 19, 2015
The people there are very good people. The work there can be hard and it is very fast paced. You will work in a group and you have a supervisor at every machine.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Dangerous work
Caring culture
Regional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2015
Trimac has been one of the best places I've worked in a very long time. Will miss the people and the relevancy it places on recruiting.
Don't know what you want here!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 29, 2015
I have already described what the job entailed. The vast majority of the time I was working alone; had little interaction with others. The hardest part of the job was probably staying on top of all the rules and regulations dictated by the DOT, of which are quite numerous. The most enjoyable part was simply traveling, something I am very fond of...
Pros
salary
Cons
overnight stays, sleeping in truck

Want to know more about Trimac Transportation?

Ask a question
Working as part of a family
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2015
everyone got along and everyone helped each other, lots of social activities and friendships to be made, people helped each other and cross training was normal
Pros
the people
Cons
closed down
I loved oil field work
crude oil driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2015
most of my work is done outside, and in remote areas. I really enjoyed that only part I did not like was being away from my family
Pros
pay was great
Cons
management
n/a
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calera, AlJune 11, 2015
Great place just need fulltime and benefits. Also would be nice to have hands on training and better management. Seems to be a little problem communicating
Poor local dispatching
Tank (pneumatic) Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJune 9, 2015
Great company. Local dispatch horrible. Company needs to step in to keep good qualified drivers from leaving. Local drivers have no voice to upper management.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Poor local dispatch
Trimac
Senior Washrack Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 21, 2015
Good company to work for but management is not good, doesn't look out for there workers and doesn't appreciate them, will quickly to let you go for any reason and not understanding
Good place to work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Galt, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pre -trip equipment. deliver product to customers. How to drive safely given the nature of the product, you must be aware of everyone and everything around you.
Co workers are very good people and are very good at there jobs.

Hardest part of the job was being away from home. and the fact that on your days off, it is mandatory to do company business.

Best part was driving all over, seeing the country
Pros
very good benefits, holiday pay and vacation
Cons
no room for advancements
Free lunch during special driver promotions during the year
Administrative Assistant to the Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellford, SCMarch 2, 2015
Nice people to work with in the office. I learned how to enter AP invoices and control goups in PeopleSoft.

Drivers coming thru the office were all nice and respectful to talk with.
Pros
people were nice
Cons
not a good place to work for full-time as a adm asst / csr
Fast pace
CSR/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2015
I have the best co-workers, we are a great team. It's never the same each day changes, but always fast pace. Hardest part of the job is getting the drivers to turn in their paper work on time. Most enjoyable part of the job is I learn something new everyday.
Pros
awesome co-workers, great team
Cons
no full- time postition available
dont do it
driver (Former Employee) –  houstonFebruary 26, 2015
There training is a joke,every load is dispatched late.There not going to pay 55 cent a mile,each yard pays different.this is a Canadian company.they require you to go to Canada but don't pay for the jump
Pros
Cons
every thing
TRANSPORTATION SHOP MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Marble Falls TXFebruary 2, 2015
A good day is all trucks running and trailers loaded that gives time to work on out side customer trucks and trailers. Out side work helps support the shop and over head.
Pros
good support from managers
Cons
not a lot oftime off.