TriMark R.W. Smith Employee Reviews

Terrible Culture and Total Lack of Management/Sales Acumen
Business Development Manager-Territory Sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 21, 2017
One of the worst companies to ever grace the hospitality scene. Their business model is outdated and revolves around doing what is best for the company not the clients. RUN. You will learn nothing except misery.
Great Opportunities to Grow!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2017
TriMark R.W. Smith loves to promote from within and there are always opportunities to learn and grow either in our own departments or potentially move into a different area of the company if we are interested.
Pros
Communication, opportunities, creativity
Professionally run company with great opportunities
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2016
Having worked with R.W. Smith & Co. for over ten years, I have found the company to be highly professional, well-respected within the industry, and a company that offers a sound work-life balance. Compensation and Benefits are market competitive and I have been able to create multiple opportunities for myself to enhance my knowledge through self-development opportunities and training offered to me by the company. I strongly recommend considering the company for your next career move.
Pros
Culture, Leadership, Opportunities
Cons
Office Building in San Diego is old, not well insulated, and out-dated
Immature Management
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Orange CountyMarch 3, 2015
Nothing about working here is honestly presented until you are employed for a bit of time and location in Orange County run much differently than the San Diego office.
Pros
It's a job..., some great employees, casual dress code
Cons
Toxic environment, lack of training, management style of junior high kids
Could be worse-I guess......
General (Former Employee) –  OC CaAugust 1, 2013
Was laid off and then many others were hired. Business practices questionable and reputation out in the field-industry is true-not good.
Pretty laid back company.
Warehouse Clerk, Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2013
I really like the company as a whole. However with my position have have reached my ceiling in both compensation and advacement.
Pros
retirement plan
Cons
favortism towards certain workers.
Good team environment
Logistical Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2013
Good communication and productive environment, lots of opportnities to advance and always someone around to help inform you about a new situation
benefits
Cons
wanted us there at 5am
Decent People, Poor Management,
Employee (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 14, 2012
Great People to work with, enjoyable environment, nice Diggs. Company does not provide sufficient training for anything nor career advancement or career advancement training. Management is all over the place and does not focus on managing at all! Overall fun place, little disorganized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TriMark R.W. Smith. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6