Trimble Navigation Limited

Trimble Navigation Limited Employee Reviews

Dynamic customer oriented organization
Sr. Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Fast paced organization that balanced product development for Enterprise Customers with market goals.
Best in industry customer service and support.
Process driven methodology.
Pros
Free coffee.
Very good hands on experience to gain from this wonderful company
Administrative Assistant / Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Gained Civil Engineering training experience.

Gained General Contractors training experience.

Worked on multiple projects on a Administrative level.

Worked locally and also internationally with general contracting consultants.

Managed the Learning Management System, uploaded multiple classes on the companies website.

Attended many web conferences via WebEx and GoToMeeting.
Oracle Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 21, 2015
Good place to work, got exposure to cutting edge latest technologies
Company is a leader in Mapping, GIS and GPS technologies and utilizes full spectrum of Oracle E business suite
Cons
Great company, great support and good pay
Sr. Staff Master Scheduler/demand manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 12, 2015
This is a great place to work and learn. Global manufacture of survey equipment and world wide distribution network. The company gives you a lot of personal responsibilities and has a open door policy.
Pros
great location, great people, travel, Pay, health plans
Cons
very long hours
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OROctober 26, 2015
I enjoyed working here and with all the other people there. Even though I was low man on the totem pole, I felt included in everything that went on in the office.
Trimble is Horrible!
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHOctober 14, 2015
Lack of Drive and Motivation as a company.
Lawsuits after lawsuits
Racial Discrimination swept under rug
No Future
Management is a mess!
Pros
Meet new people constantly being recycled through their temp system
Cons
Management, no leadership
went out of business
Change Analyst liaison (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 5, 2015
Fun place to work at with supporting management, made many life long friends, was very sad when it went out of business.

lots of variety, not every day was the same
Fast Paced Environment
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORSeptember 29, 2015
Very fast paced environment where everybody needs to be on their feet and hard working. The job starts with tasks in the morning that can be completes quickly or take multiple days. The hardest part of the jobs is always being on your feet with multiple demands to handle.
Pros
Short breaks, Fast Pace
Cons
Demanding Work Environment
Typical Corporate environment
IS Help Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 7, 2015
Trimble was a good company to work for. High turn over of personnel made it challenging to maintain a smooth working environment as a IT professional.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
hard to advance your career
great place to work
Business Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 23, 2015
i had a great time when working at Trimble and learned a lot. Due to the location I was in, there were very limited opportunities to learn and grwo.
Good people for the most part, horrible risk
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  westminster, COMay 15, 2015
Good people for the most part with changes resulting in managers being put in charge of groups they don't know anything about. Big con is the surprise layoffs. They can randomly pick you if you're 2 weeks from retirement.
Pros
Good culture, profit sharing, stock purchase
Cons
Layoffs, frequent division changes
a lot of freedom for an internship
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 13, 2015
While I was at Trimble I led my own initiatives, so it was pretty nice to be independent as an intern.
There were several "feel-good" employee benefit events that were nice.
Pros
independence
Cons
lack of direction from management
Good company with great people!
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMay 5, 2015
I start with checking the printer for sales orders that have printed overnight. Check my email for anything important and then continuing with pulling the product, process the orders, box it up and ship it the destination.

Overall Trimble is a good place and I've learned many things that I will take with me.
Overall great place to work. You will wear multiple hats when working for Trimble. You must think outside the box.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CaliforniaApril 2, 2015
You could be overwhelmed if your in a job function that is tied to revenue. After leaving Supply Chain and moving in Environmental Program Management the stress level was reduced. The job descriptions are made such that you can really be your own entrepreneur and work your job while meeting company goals and values. This is what is great about Trimble.
Pros
Good Benefits, collaberation between departments
Cons
Could get stuck in one job without possibility of promotions
Nice and open work environment
Ecommerce Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 22, 2015
Smart engineers and developers to work with. People work out during the lunch break, and have high energy in the afternoon.
Great company with a unique opportunity for self starters to advance.
Product Specialist, Crop Sensors, Americas Region, (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 15, 2015
Trimble was unlike any organization I have ever been involved with, in an extremely positive way!

Trimble gives their employees a vision of the objective that the company would like to accomplish. It is up to the employee to search out and utilize the tools necessary to accomplish the end goal. The employee must lay out their own path to reaching the goal. Management is very "hands off" as long as the employee is operating within the company's well defined code of conduct and ethics. Mentoring is available if the employee requests it.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Trimble. It took me some time to adjust to the culture, but came to embrace the ideology. As long as I had a plan of execution, I was never denied resources or support.
Pros
benefits, stock purchase program, profit sharing, ability to work remotely
A comfortable and friendly working environment
Manufacturing Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 5, 2015
The work was mostly the same everyday, which I like because I always knew what I would be doing the following day. Coworkers were friendly and usually easy to work with. Management was good, but not great.
Pros
relaxed working environment
Cons
lots of layoffs during the last year
A great place if you possess a good attitude and work ethic.
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 30, 2014
A culture of good old fashioned work ethic. If you work hard and have a good attitude, there will be opportunity and a whole lot of loyalty. Turn over is very low. Average tenure very long. Work/life balance is a challenge. Some level of travel required for almost all roles from moderate to excessive. Management style a bit paternal. People are great! A culture of accountability and success!
Pros
good people, low turn over, a loyal employer, certainly no complacency in the culture.
Cons
work/life balance a challenge.
Work/Life balance and growth opportunity
Operations Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 7, 2014
Overall, good place to work. Excellent work/life balance and opportunities to move around into different areas. Benefits and compensations are okay, but not great.

A lot of it really depends on the people you are working with and that varies greatly, but this isn't unique to just this company, it would be the same anywhere else.
Terrible Training - Need people skills
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Westminster CoNovember 19, 2014
This company was strange, the training was minimal and you need to look everything up on how to do your job from training docs. The hands on training terrible (because it's minimal), the people skills in my dept. terrible. Being yelled at and bad attitude if you ask questions on how to do the job or have questions. Prayed to get out of this place and quick! Temp employees never staying, people are always being let go. I felt like I was being bullied by grown ups, never have I been treated like I was at this place. I have worked in Government, Aerospace industries and never have I been trained or treated like they treated me here.
Open floor, no privacy, can hear everyone's conversations. Loud workplace, people talking about each other and their work habits, how they are going to review their work and the scores they are going to give them and why, very uncomfortable and strange.
Cons
bad management - training - people skills