Trimble Navigation Limited Employee Reviews

Stable corporation amid rising concerns
Business Analyst/ Instructional Developer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 24, 2017
The company was established in the 1970s and is still expanding to this day. Given that it was created over 40 years ago, management and personnel is rather "old school" with existing application and systems being consistently in need of upgrading. Management was also a bit archaic in their management style. Trimble is not a great company to start and settle into your career.
Good company
SMT special list and production line leader (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 17, 2017
very good company.
good benefits, nice managements , when you work here you few like home and happy to go to work every day.
but the company sold the manufacturing side.
Productive and great environment
RoHS Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJune 16, 2017
In the morning I go thought all my emails, working any that come through needing my attention. Then I update my logs and between those two areas, my day takes off. My goal daily is to gain RoHS compliance documentation, Working in this area, the job always takes me into other areas of work...one thing leads to another, in other words. Everyday I learn something new.
The hardest part about this job is having to rely on others to give you the information you need to complete your job. However perseverance and a friendly helpful attitude on my end seems to work nicely for me.
I absolutely love the people here. They are all very nice and fun and helpful. The management has cook outs and fun get togethers often which everyone enjoys. Very mature and balanced group of folks.
Pros
People, fun get togethers, support
Cons
I am contracted
Good Company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 19, 2017
Stable company to work for. I would recommend. Opportunities are plentiful and can provide a long term career. Education requirements are needed to succeed.
Nice environment great workplace
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHMarch 10, 2017
The co-workers and management were nice. Seem like a nice workplace environment. Benefits were good. Pay is generous. In my field, I sat for a long period of time. I am used to getting up moving around, so that is a con. The work load is unbearable. Very very high volume workload and difficult to manage. Must have excellent time management skills to do this job. In addition, I never cleared my desk due to always work to be done. I believe they could use a few more people to bring down such a high volume of work to be completed. However, I do not believe that will EVER occur.
Pros
Healthcare, benefits, and the pay was generous
Cons
Volume of work is extremely high
Great company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 9, 2017
This was my first career in accounting, I had learned a lot in there and had great experience, had great mangers that give me the opportunity to grow in my career whic helped me to move to a senior accountant position at iPass.
Conservative work place with good good co-workers.
Regional Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Typical work day is long. Business model is very dynamic with constant changes due to large number of acquisitions. Management team was conservative and demanding. Hardest part of the job was the long hours required to manage the work load. Enjoyable part of the job was the learning opportunities that was part of adapting to ever changing work environment due to rapid growth.
Pros
Good health Benefits
good environment
Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Friendly employees, Superb mentor , flexible work schedule , helping co-workers.Great minds at the senior positions.
Nice company with good benefits
Optimization Software Engineer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 2, 2016
Good benefits, Nice people, Using most advanced techs.
20 days PTO and 8 days holidays.
Slow-paced industry.
This department is trying to merging sub-companies and optimize management structure recently. So, we can see a little bit chaos in my department.
Great Work environment
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 22, 2016
Absolutely the best group of people I've ever worked with. Really a great company to be a part of. Definitely recommend them for Project Managers/Client management types of jobs.
I work with a great team.
Data Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHNovember 2, 2016
A typical workday for me is to come in and help our customers (other employee's at Trimble) with any issues they are having with our systems or change orders. I have learned to use so many different tools like Cognos, Oracle, Smartsheet, Agile Product Governance & Compliance Module 9.3.3 – Administrator/Compliance/Conflict Minerals Manager. I can get along with anyone and I enjoy working with my coworkers, except for one because she tries to get me in trouble with my boss by making things up. The hardest part of my job is when we are at quarter end, because we get an influx of tickets and some of them are new ones that I have not handled before. But I love the hard tickets because I learn something new. The most enjoyable part is helping people with any issues, I am a people person and love speaking with them day to day.
Pros
Always something new to learn everyday.
Cons
They use our PTO for holidays and company shut downs which is a week at a time.
Family business that takes services and customer satisfaction extremely serious
Customer Care Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 20, 2016
Small Colorado business that helps treat most major pests that can negatively effect a home. No contracts and a personal yet professional relationship with the customer ensured for solid work being completed
Run away!
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 2, 2016
They have great technology and smart people, but they don't know how to sell the products they have. Managers are promoted just because they've been with the company for a long time or because they have a college degree, not because they have the knowledge and experience to fulfill the position.

The benefits are good, but the pay is below market and they do not give cost of living increases. They have grown by acquisitions and because they were primarily a hardware company they do NOT understand software development or how to sell niche software.
Pros
Great technology and good people
Cons
Poor management
tbd
tbd (Former Employee) –  tbdJune 29, 2016
good, nice, easy
well, balanced, super good, nice, good place, nice place, amazing place, enactment job, nice people
well made, dreadfully
Fair
Buyer / Planner (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 4, 2016
Fast paced organization divided into many subdivisions or business areas. Some team environments can typically be stressful at times but overall managed to overcome hurdles. There is freedom to learn new things and techniques. With being such a large company there is a lot of exposure to different products and industries which kept the job interesting.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good work/life balance, low pay but good benefits.
Cons
big company, constant reorganizing can mean sudden or unexpected layoffs
Great corporation with good ethics and businbess culture
Regional Sales Manager / Business Development - LA (Current Employee) –  AbroadApril 20, 2016
Extensive travel through the Latin America region - developing an emerging market by creating new accounts and growing existing accounts through distribution
Pros
Brand recognition
Cons
Not a marketing company
Good management, Flexible enviroment
Sr. Release Engineer/DevOps (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 7, 2016
My typical day at work:
Busy with the DEV and QA team daily for their requests
Work on automation on Jenkins daily afterward at late hours.
Handle official and patch releases and documentations as needed
I work alone since I'm the only release engineer in US.

The hardest part of the job is to find my own time to work on automation since the daily requests are non-stop and very demanding. Also, work on DevOps role to do deployment as IT.

The most enjoyable part of my job is automation, because it'll cut down my work load afterward. Both DEV and QA team are very flexible and nice including my manager.
Pros
Quarterly standard bonus to all employees from the company
Cons
Very limitted on equipements for use.
Great Place to work
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2016
I love Trimble, everything about the company is fantastic. It does not pay as well as other companies, but they made accommodations for a daycare situation and that makes up for it, in my opinion.
Pros
great people
Cons
lower than average pay
Good company
Staff firmware/software engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMarch 14, 2016
Global high technology company.
Flexible and friendly work environment.
Provided high quality products.
Competitive benefits.
Diversity products.
Highly technical
Field Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 7, 2016
I have learned a vast amount with this company. Dealing with end users in a hostile environment and how to apply my knowledge.
Pros
Worldly travel
Cons
No security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimble Navigation Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

Trimble Navigation Limited Reviews by Location