TriMet Employee Reviews

fun work place
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 27, 2017
I do not want to do this...I have already done this when I filled it out the first time I just had to update my resume and do not want to do this again it take up too much time....
Didn't meet work life standards
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 16, 2017
Dont have anything nice to say about Tri-Mess.

Work Life sucks. Managers make you numb to customers and service because of a fear of lawsuits and termination. and they don't care about family emergencies
Lots of changes coming
Assistant Manager - Operations Command Center (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2017
New leadership is bringing many needed changes, but they don't communicate them well. Poor career development opportunities. Generally hire people who already fit the job description with no exceptions.
Pros
Good benefits and pay.
Cons
High pressure management.
A professional yet fun environment working with good hearted and talented people from all walks of life.
Administrative Assistant to Real Property (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2017
A typical day started by wading through stacks of documents waiting for electronic filling, delivering those documents to my colleagues for review or action. Ensuring that all the office equipment, supplies and kitchen were in good working order and adequately supplied.
I also served my department by screening calls, scheduling meetings, providing documents and files on a moments notice.
The hardest part of the job was the sheer enormity of documentation that the Orange Line transit product produced, and managing the complexity and time sensitive filing practices.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge my team knew I was there for them, that they knew I had the drive, the know-how and sheer determination to help them get this project build and delivered on time.
Pros
Free ticket to ride on TriMet!!
Cons
paper tidal waves every day!!
Great place, great people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at Tri-Met and liked my supervisor and colleagues. My temp assignment ended when they had to move to another building and eliminated the position that I had been in.
Fun place to work
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 15, 2016
Loved working with great people excellent managers. Short breaks while on road. Great garages where you can relax before or after work. Benefits were great. Would recommend working there!
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to work, But...
Mini-Run Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 9, 2016
I really can't say to much bad about TriMet. But the only thing I didn't agree with is, that during your 6 month probation they will tell you that they will NOT go to bat for you until your probation is over. In the meantime you still pay your union dues and initiation fee. But the union will not represent you until the probation is over. Sucks!!!
Lied about what to expect
Operator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 6, 2016
Although they do allow you to change positions you are "punished" each time. Examples would be losing your vacation/seniority.
Pros
Easy job.
Cons
No breaks.
Great people, some long hours
Public Affairs (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 9, 2016
Really nice, professional folks. Stable organization. Hours can vary and be random.

Really good health and retirement benefits. Pay is OK.
Always had a good time
File Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 21, 2015
A lot of people dislike going into work; but because of my coworkers, it was a never a dull moment at work. Everyone was always so positive and I always had work to do.
Worked with a great team
Systems Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonApril 24, 2015
Safety observations
Transportation
Great Manager
Great co-workers
Learning the operation side of the agency
Teaching First Aid CPR/AED
Good job security, to many issues management vs union
Journeyman Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 27, 2014
A good day/bad day type of place. Some good job tasks and some that were less than desirable. A maintenance shop, dirty, greasy and oily! One has to control the work situations, not situations control you (takes time to learn, not all do). Management was not overbearing, usually kept to big issues.
The co-workers were OK. Some needed to realized why they had a job and do it! Too much favoritisim.
Many hard parts to the job! Hot, heavy work. Worked in all kinds of weather on the road, tire chains and snow.
I enjoyed working on my own without supervision. I was able to plan the job out and complete tasks in a timely manner.
Pros
good facilities and support
Cons
hot uniforms, road repairs on freeways
Horrible company do not work here.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2014
Corrupt management that will gang bully and harass employees they see as undesirable to no end to force them to quit. Human resources is in lock-step with anything management directs them to do.
Pretty good job
Medical Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 12, 2013
Regular client base called to schedule medical rides, good management great hours.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, professionally caring employers
Cons
No overtime
Awesome employer
PROCUREMENT & CONTRACTS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 12, 2013
TriMet is a great place to be. Management is receptive and the workforce is dedicated.
Pros
good work environment
I met alot of interesting and funny people
Mini Run Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 6, 2012
Tri-met was a great job, the days went by fast, you meet alot of people. Never worked with a company where everyone was happy.
Pros
free buss pass for children
Cons
split shifts