TriNet Employee Reviews

Great company with various locations
Garnishment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 2, 2017
May be trying to grow company much faster than internal hiring. Large workload for internal employees. Great employee recognition.
Mistake
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 13, 2016
Do not waist your time! Pay is low and there is no work life balance. They place impossible workloads on their people. Individuals were so over worked people where passing out, quitting on the spot, and turnover is extremely high.
Cons
Micro management extremely high.
Great Co-Workers
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  GANovember 4, 2016
Job offers great work life balance and my co-workers are awesome. Managers are awesome. It is great to get out of the office and visit clients.
Tax specialist
Tax Specialist; Finance Operations (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 1, 2016
Decent place to work with a decent environment. Friendly and usually helpful people. Can be very tense around the tax months.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Unorganized direction
Family oriented environment
Exceptions Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2016
New employees are easily welcomed and you come in hitting the ground running. Quick pace learning. High turnover of employees.
Worst place I ever worked!!
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 9, 2016
Very unprofessional! They do not care about the existing clients they only care about acquiring new accounts which will ultimately lead to failure. They have a very high turnover rate of clients who do not stay, they make promises to the clients that they do not keep which makes for angry clients! The only way to move up is to know someone or to "work" your way to the top in some unethical matter. All of the employees hated it! Unless you are in sales forget about being compensated at market rate! This company had so many issues from discrimination to poor customer service. A great stepping stone but you won't stay long unless you are willing to be dishonest and manipulative! Managers will advise you to lie to clients, worst service I've ever seen, and this is from the payroll end. HR is a joke! They do not value the employees at all and will tell you if you don't like the way they do things than leave!! The employees would purposely delay processing payrolls to get back at angry clients which interrupts a whole company's payroll but management is too caught up in getting promoted and making excuses to care! Don't make s complaint or speak on any issues or you will be axed without a second thought!
Pros
Better than being unemployed
Cons
Stressful, unethical, unfair workplace practices
The Sales department decision making causes conflict for me
Senior Analyst Sales Planning (Current Employee) –  San LeandroJuly 15, 2016
While I have learned a great deal of skills in project management and Excel. I continue to have a great deal of conflict with their business decisions.
Pros
Fast paced, great deal to learn
Cons
ethical conflicts and not a great deal of organization
Horrible company to work for
Tax (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 9, 2016
I never seen a department so unorganized or seen an director get so envolved with the employee and treat them so poorly.
I was fortunate enough to get out before it really distroyed my moral like it is that whole department.
They start you as a temp making you believe you will get on permanent. But it can take a long time if at all.
I would tell everyone to stay away form the tax department.
Also heard that HR is a joke, they never do anything about the problem people.
In this department Managers like to chat more than work, distracting employees to do their job. Favor certain employees. Don't care about how much overtime is needed, which in turn cost the company more money.
Pros
Cons
Micro managed, departments understaffed, unhappy employees
TriNet delivers HR outsourcing services to small and large businesses
MID ATLANTIC REGIONAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2016
Thousands of companies have turned to TriNet for human resources, benefits, payroll, workers compensation, and strategic HR services. As their trusted HR advisor, TriNet helps these organizations contain HR costs, minimize employer related risks, and relieve the administrative burden of HR.
benefits
Cons
management direction
Corporate life in a rapid paced environment
Field Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 27, 2016
Fast paced company with low cross-functional cohesion throughout departments. Sales organization ultimately rules the company and operates within their own confines. Within sub-departments (product marketing, marketing operations, creative services, etc.) team cohesion is par and moral is adequate. The departments as a whole (ie. marketing, finance, etc.) have different needs which are hardly recognized. Decent work-life balance, fair pay, good benefits, low perks, flexible schedule.
example
Professional Employer Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 22, 2016
• New Business development and management (prospect and develop new clients and relationships)
• Develop and sell digital advertising programs, subscriptions to clients.
• Drive revenue growth in territory (geographically based).
• Build and maintain client / advertising agency relationships
• Create and execute RFPs and present proposals and presentations.
• Work with Sales Support teams
Pros
great culture
Cons
no lunches
Na
Southwest Regional Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Leandro CAJune 14, 2016
Hunter role, daily pre-call planning into making calls and sending emails...... networking and client drops.

Hardest part of the job is the back and forth with underwriting to get a deal to close. Close ratio 1-10....

Best part about the job is my peers!
Pros
Sales
Cons
Training, Continued Education, Communication, Sales Closed Ratio
Great Place To Work
Benefit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 31, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at TriNet and was sorry to find that there was not an opportunity to transfer with my move. They are good about communicating where you need improvement with monthly meetings, and my team was very happy to help.
Too much internal growth
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Southern California, CAApril 27, 2016
Company grew too fast. Clients always upset, too much internal chaos, bad compensation.
Cold calling to generate leads
Consultation with clients.
Pros
Freedom to work from home
Cons
lots of paperwork and bad service
Engaging work with decent work culture
Specialist, Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  PleasantonMarch 28, 2016
Each day is a new experience, some days are more work than others. Work culture is very mellow--typical of a large company.
Great place to begin your career
Benefits Specialist / Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 14, 2016
Enjoyed working at Trinet. Learned so much and appreciated the friendships I made. Significantly improved and honed my customer service skills.
Great Potential - Professional changes needed
Account Services (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 29, 2016
The company has a great culture and employee-friendly environment. This company has the potential to be a leading company in the industry. Improvements are needed in the organizational structure and Management could use improvement. There is a huge disconnect between what is and what should be. Great company, but not really for professional career seeking individuals. More entry-level favorable work. Managers lack the ability to elevate and develop already skilled employees.
Pros
Employee friendly, fair wages and benefits, friendly staff
Cons
Entry-level work, un-educated managers, stressful work environment
TriNet
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 18, 2016
(TriNet Group, Inc.) is a cloud-based professional employer organization (PEO) for small and medium-sized businesses. TriNet administers payroll and health benefits and advises clients on employment law compliance and risk reduction. TriNet is headquartered in San Leandro, California. TriNet partners with organizations between 1 and 2,500 employees.[1]
Great place to work and wonderful people to work with.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCFebruary 3, 2016
I really enjoy working here and the people I work with are the best. The benefits are very good and we have stock options and 401k. I have some very demanding clients they can be difficult at times, but that is the best part when you calm them down and make them appreciate all that you have done for them. The hardest part of the job is the difficult clients and the best part is the relationships that I have made with all of my clients.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
too much micro-managing
Inside Sales Culture with Outside Sales Title
Regional Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2015
No autonomy over schedule. Expectation is to be in the office at all times when not in meetings with prospects. Pure cold calling culture Reps are responsible for generating 100% of leads through organic research. Management provides zero coaching and training to new hires. Opportunity and culture is not what I thought it would be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TriNet. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7