TRINIDAD DRILLING Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent work environment with up to date equipment.
Motorman/Floorhand (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMarch 31, 2016
Safety driven culture which provides room for growth and advancement possibilities. Committed to training and updating employee's in safety and productive operational goals.
Pros
State of the art equipment.
Fun workplace along with local commute
Floor Hand / Motor Hand (Former Employee) –  Springtown, TXFebruary 11, 2016
Typical day consisted of making connections, tripping pipe, general cleaning, or rigging down. Learned that it doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down but to make sure you get up after every fall. Hardest part of the job is having something break that is out of your control and not being able to do anything about it. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that when you get off you'll be able to go home to see your family.
Pros
Going home to family everyday
Cons
8 and 4 schedule
Good people
US HSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Established many good relationships with quality people. Also provided good opportunities to learn and grow with the freedom make decisions as well as develop yourself.
It was a good place to work
Floor man (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, LAFebruary 7, 2016
It was a good place to work. had some good leader ship and a lot of good employees that work for them had opportunity to move up and had a safe work place.
Pros
it was 45 min away from the house
decent pay, clean operations,
motorman/derrick hand (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2016
some of the best people you could work with but dont get the advancement they deserve. no real lunch break so on some days your working 12hrs in south texas heat with no food. but thats part of the job i suppose. all in all if you like to work and you love the hustle this is the place to be ...
A caring company
Derrick Hand / Motor Hand (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Trinidad cares about the people it hires, and took care of them the best they could. Wonderful company to work for. Staff was knowledgeable and always willing to help. Innovative in the drilling industry with state of the art rigs.
Land Surveyor
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Frierson, LAJanuary 22, 2016
During this job I learned various types of measurements for taking a land survey. Worked in different types of environments such as hot and cold weather.
ok
Floorhand/Roughneck (Current Employee) –  North DakotaJanuary 22, 2016
they are a good company they have lots of safety rules but that is good management is spoty they have terrible compunication with the high ups
rig manager
Rig Manager (Current Employee) –  Odessa TEXASDecember 3, 2015
Typical Monday morning up at 5.am get morning reports filled out sent to office by 5:30 am. Go out have quick walk around rig, talk with night crew about their night, any issues over safety or equipment. 6am doghouse safety meeting with both crews company man and third party hands on location. Discuss whats going on at that time with hand over notes and problems safety issues and are goals for the day as a team. Go with company man and discuss with him about any issues or concerns he has with the crews or rig and what he feels needs to be done to run an efficent drilling rig and crews. Go back to the rig work with day crew on what needs to be done and how safety is first priority in anything we do.Do close inspection of the rig and all equipment . Talk with driller and see if he or the crew has any issues that need to be addressed and taken care. Go down and do company paper work and inspections before morning conference call with office and the other rig managers. Listen in and respond when needed offer advice and help if needed. Watch over all operations of the rig and crews till crew change at 6 pm. Have crew change hand over and safety meeting with crews and company man and al l third party personal. Then talk with night crew on what is expected and needs to be done. Go around the rig and inspect everything again before having supper.Finish all paperwork thats needs to be done for the day and get started on the next days . Go out have a walk around the rig talk with driller and crews and company man . go for my dayly walk and relax for a few minutes. Retire about  more... midnight unless there is problems or issues that need to fixed and get ready for another day in  less
Pros
working with people as a team to get the results we all want
Cons
sometimes long hours but usually can catch a nap when need to.
Productive work place
DRILLER (Former Employee) –  Springtown, TXNovember 9, 2015
Drilling oil/gas well per company rep. Overseeing drilling on daily basis, checking mud weight and vis. following up with rig manager to see that the daily task he/she had given were accomplished.

Want to know more about TRINIDAD DRILLING?

Ask a question
Good Place
Derrick Hand/Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Pecos, TXSeptember 24, 2015
If you don't mind being away from home then this is a good place for you. Great money but gone a lot. Very fast paced and dirty mans job.
Working in a comfortable area being in touch with all walks of life.
HSE Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 1, 2015
The position I had provided me with all the essential tools I needed to conduct classes and I also received the support of upper management in conducting my classes. good and I
Pros
Compensation very good.
Cons
Hours at times were very long and the the and job security
Good safe operating company
Rig Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 30, 2015
Worked there for 9 years and laid off because of oil prices. Loved working for Trinidad. They also paid full insurance after 5 years employed. gave a nice incentive bonus at end of year and also a rig ranking bonus. I rate this company 5 Stars
Pros
After 5 years paid full medical insurance
Cons
gave good bonus at end of year for rig manager and drillers
Great Work
Chain Hand/Motor Man (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKJune 9, 2015
Learned leader ship
working together is a key to every job you get a lot done and better work can be done as a team.
great environment
hard work
7 days on 7 off
Rules change for different people
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 10, 2015
This was a good company but things changed depending who you work for. I think the company cared about safety but didn't always work safe.
US field sups are very involved
RIG MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, USAMay 3, 2015
Working closley with US field superintendents was a pleasure. They always where involved, making sure that anything I needed, was available. Good people
Pros
Good company
Great work enviroment
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  New Town, NDApril 12, 2015
Enjoyed working for this company except the fast lay off with no notice. Environment was great the people were great loved my job and my checks!
nice place to work
Driller (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 29, 2015
very good commuication learn how diffenence people work management was one of the best I have ever worked with the hardest part of the day was learning difference language
productive enviroment
Floorhand (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 17, 2015
14/14 rotation
I learned that safety does matter.
My co-workers were great as we worked as a team to accomplish our goal. The hardest part of the job is the weather too cold or too hot. I enjoyed the days off with my family.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
weather
Challenging but rewarding
Driller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2015
It was often difficult being away from home while working, but was very rewarding. There were many co-workers that I enjoyed working with.