Trinitas Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Awful , mismanaged
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 9, 2017
Offers great experience to work for a truly dysfunctional company. Pay is meager and good work is not rewarded.
Employees who spend more time gossiping and being idle are tolerated while employees who try to make a difference are berated. No one in the upper management is overseeing the new point campus site and as a result Brother Bonaventure is a disaster.
Punitive and unfair practices are par for the course at the long term unit division of Trinitas. Upper management is absent and has no idea what is occurring the facility.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Corrupt environment
Low pay rude nurses
Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 8, 2017
As a nurses aid you will be left to turn heavy patients on your own nurses will give you attitude and be rude to you. They will not help you when you need help.Very few nurses were polite. Some nurses dont care if the patient lays in their own you know what for hours on end. I would not have my own family go to this hospital knowing what goes on behind closed doors. underpaid overworked
Pros
benefts
Cons
pay
Great place to learn
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 8, 2017
Trinitas allowed me a lot of room in my day-to-day work to be creative in my time spent with clients and the therapeutic activities I plan. Unfortunately, there isn't much room for upward mobility/promotions or salary increases. It's a great place to work when you're new in the field of health care.
Pros
Great for learning; good staff/teamwork
Cons
Limited promotion/raise opportunities
Excellent Learning Atmosphere
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 2, 2017
Attended this hospital for most of my clinical rotations. The staff was very helpful and allow the students freedom. Nurses are very knowledgeable and great mentors.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
Do not give graduates opportunities for employment
The job duties where straight forward
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 9, 2017
Process blood specimens

How to process blood specimens

Management was straight forward with job directions

Professional

Staying focused

Helping others
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Seeing others hurt due to illness
Good place to learn
CLINICAL COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 6, 2017
Good place for new RNs to work with many opportunities to learn, and a friendly environment. TRMC encourages higher learning with available scholarships and discounts. Management is friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job is the stressful atmosphere, with limited staffing.
Pros
Friendly environment and great place to learn, Very encouraging of higher education.
Cons
Not enough staffing, lower pay compared to other facilities
Chaotic, stressful, non-profressional
Environmental Services Worker / Transport (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 22, 2017
Dont waste your time literally. Management sucks, human resources suck, the pay, the work, the people there are all miserable and no one is happy working there.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
Great job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 22, 2017
I was in the oncology department and it was the best job I EVER HAD IN MY LIFE... the people are sweet kind and are willing to work with you with any problem that u have.. GREAT JOB!
Pros
Good money
Average
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 20, 2017
Top administration cuts benefits and perks. Little things like employee discounts in the cafeteria were reduced. Time off and salary are below market standards for behavioral health. Other hospitals pay more. Health insurance is not good. No reimbursement for CEUs and difficult to take off despite it being mandatory by our licensing boards. Some departments don't use electronic health records and are on paper/pen still which makes for a complicated system of care. Staff are very competent and work well with each other providing good care though. Departmental management is good and supportive.
Pros
Caring staff
Cons
Reducing benefits/ salary/ health insurance
Excellent colleagues in terms of passion and support.
Adult Outpatient Unit Clinician (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Excellent colleagues in terms of passion and support for the services we provide; however the hospital does not always treat employees fairly in terms of clinical advancement, business days and compensation.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
limited business days and poor compensation
Alot of favortism
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 9, 2017
Not really a place where you can move up, not flexible with hours, not much advancement, management has favoritism. Its an ok job if you need something for now.
benefits
Cons
not flexible
Decent place for a new grad RN
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 4, 2017
I gained a lot of clinical skills here . The interdisciplinary team is strong and you will learn a lot as an RN and feel like a valued member of the team.
Pros
Gossipy bunch
Cons
Cafeteria food
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 2, 2017
great place to work if you have the right team with you. compensation is not competitive at all but fair considering the location, the demographics etc... No bad experience from working there. You make your work life and I endeavored to make mine the best as possible.
Horrible manager
Cardiac Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 11, 2017
Favoritism on the unit; overworked and underpaid; manager always yelled at employees when they wanted to advance; very unprofessional manager. No room for growth
Great co-workers
Registrar/Emergency Dept (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 10, 2017
Great work place environment. Flexible. Competitive salary. Great place to get your "feet wet"

Director gave me the run around after I had to leave short notice due to a family emergency. I reapplied for my same position, which had multiple positions available. I didn't know I could of taken a leave of absence. She down talked me to the Human resource and made me seem like a horrible employee. Couldn't get the job back because of it. Lots of employees are asking me to come back
Not the job for me
Executive Assistant, IT Department (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 7, 2017
Not the job for me. Not what I expected the job to be I am use to more challenging work. I would like to get back to the challenging work I did at the Academies.
Very nice employees on each floor.
Nutrition Intern (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 24, 2017
While working at Trinitas Regional Medical Center I closely shadowed the hospital’s Head Dietitian, learning and supporting each patient’s everyday diet, prepared meals or organize/date snacks, such as sugar-free Jello and fruit salads, and restocked nurse’s refrigerators on each floor with appropriate dietary choices.
Great Environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 16, 2017
Excellent, place to work. Priority to patients is of utmost importance. Commitment to employees in all areas of work including compensation and benefits.
productive place to work
Mental Health Screener part time (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 15, 2017
Trinitas hospital is a positive environment for professional growth and development. The staff are friendly and willing to assist other departments whenever there is a crisis.
Cons
not enough staffing
Salary is horrible
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 30, 2017
The salary here is horrible. They expect 5 star quality employees who give it 110% or nothing and they pay a little over state min. The health benefits we not the greatest.
Pros
great co wokers
Cons
health benefits and salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinitas Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Trinitas Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location