Trinitas Regional Medical Center

Trinitas Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great service, top cancer center
Cons: leadership
Learned more about credentialing, great learning experience, positive co-workers and staff, Doctors were very attentive
Central supply. one of the worst team of management ever!
lead central supply tech (Former Employee), sterile processing dept.January 11, 2015
Pros: hospital provides tuition reimbursement and 401k
Cons: no union so workers have little or no defense. salaries are among the lowest in the state.
I've worked at trinitas for 7 years and the hospital is a good one to work at but management there is very bad. That is almost in all departments. Definitely three of which I've experienced first hand would be central supply, operating room and house keeping. I've not seen such incompetents in any other work environment that I've been in. If you do decide to take a job here use that hospital as a stepping stone because they have no long term benefits or wish to have its working force advance in anyway. And that goes double for the sterile processing dept and its management team.
Great experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Working as a Unit Secretary was a great experience. I learned how to work with different cultures at the same time. Mostly I learned how to multitask. Co-workers were great since when I started I did not have any secretary experience they help me how it was to have patience and learn. The hardest part of this job was saying no, It was such a good experience that saying no to any nurse or any doctor wasn't a choice to me; even when it came to working extra hours. The mos enjoyable part of the job was being able to feel like you were working with family.
I learned many
Lead Financial Coordinator (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJOctober 22, 2014
I learned various job duties. I completed and approved charity care applications. Being a NJCAC I helped patients in the Marketplace with the application and selecting a plan in the Affordable Care Act. I really enjoyed helping patients and informing them the best to my abilities. I assisted patients with applying for NJ Family Care. I am P.E. Medicaid Certified. I entered and updated all Medicaid or Commercial Insurances into the hospital system's. Billed all insurances once it was verified. I assisted with audits done by the state of NJ three times a year. Unfortunately the whole department was outsourced and layed off. Fortunately I was able to go to St Peter's University and further my education. I am enrolled in the Public Administration Program and will graduate with a Associates Degree in 2016 but my goal is graduating in 2018 with a Bachelors and looking forward to finishing with my Masters in Public Administration.
Good worker and Punctual
Driver (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at work is when higher authority have to be called because of a crisis. I learned working in the Behavioral and Psychiatric Department Child / Adolescent and Physically and Mentally Disabled with Adults is a great experience it taught me that I have more patience, tolerance and support with a caring heart. Which allowed me to focus more into the medical field. Management is informative and supportive when needed. Co-workers can be supportive sometimes but puts you beneath them. When they realize they more qualified. The hardest part of my job is completing my task, following policy and procedures and keeping my individuals / clients in safe environment.
Fast paced work.
Environmental Service Worker/ Transporter (Former Employee), ElizabethSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: nice employees
Cons: i had to deal with situations that no one really helped me with.
I enjoyed the enviornment, and the employees were nice, at times the work can be really hard to accomplish, but I did it.
Trinitas
Research Coordinator Chat& Chew Program (Current Employee), Union, NJSeptember 27, 2014
It is an excellent work environment to practice your counseling skills. Clients as well as staff are often very friendly and pleasurable to work for and with. Working here an individual will be able to expand their diversity in working with a diversified group of clients and mental health professionals.
A beginner to a great ending
Central Supply Lead Tech (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 17, 2014
Its busy and low paying but it will leave you with a lot of knowledge and skill to work anywhere
gives a very good training ground for nurses with less or no acute care experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 12, 2014
I work on the day shift, always with a clinical coordinator from 7a-3p. However, a nurse oftentimes is assigned to 8-9 patients max. The regular staff on our floor regularly gets floated to other floors.
Fun place to work as a technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 4, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: lunch is not paid, understaffed for the amount of workload
Workload is a lot in this place, especially in the winter time when the census is high. There is no way to track medications that are sent in every unit so that pretty much doubles the workload of sending and putting away the returns.
Fun place to work, I do enjoy working at TRMC
Accounting/Cash Posting Clerk (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 29, 2014
Pros: excellent place to work
Cons: under paid
I Love working at TRMC, I love my co-workers, supervisor is excellent and very flexible, I enjoy the work atmosphere, working with other departments are great too, the only downfall of the company is I feel as if I am Underpaid. Other then that I could see myself retiring from this company.
fast paced work environment
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 23, 2014
Pros: get to meet new people and interact with the community
Cons: there is no room for advancement within the hospital
my day begins the minute I hit the door. You first sign into your workstation make sure you have a pen and call your first patient to your station to be registered. Then you check the board to see if there are any ambulance patients that need to be registered or if there is another registrar that may need your assistance.
Loved working here
Emergency Medical Services (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 22, 2014
Pros: 3 day work week, free medical care at the hospital, decent benefits package, amazing supervisors/admins
Cons: holds past your shift time, long application process, state of emergency mandates
"Give 'em the pickle"...On your first day of orientation you will watch the movie and laugh at that one. This hospital is in the heart of Elizabeth and if you want to learn, this is the place to do it. I had great support while I was training and my managers were awesome. The application process was a bit of a circus but it was well worth it. Pay was probably about average but the security of being hospital-based was very relieving. In my department, almost everyone was team-oriented. Shifts were staggered and work divided up as fairly as possible. There were times when you were kept past your shift but normally it was offered to whomever would 'like' to stay vs. being mandated. Scheduling was fair and focused and it was almost always about caring for the employee as well as the patient. There was not a single day where I didn't want to go to work.
Busy work place
Registrar - Women's Health Clinic (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 5, 2014
Answer phone and schedule appointments for New OB/GYN, existing OB/GYN, schedule appoints for Ultrasound patients, assist in medical records, check insurance of patients in navinet, collect payments. I've learned to speak spanish with the patients. The typical day is very very busy we see about 50 patients a day and its fast paced environment.
Great place to work with professional staff
Clinical Case Manager/Utilization Review RN (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJApril 23, 2014
Medicare/Medicaid utilization review

Management skills

pleasant work environment
Stay away if you can
Social Work Assistant (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJApril 16, 2014
It is ghetto. There is no care for the patients everything is about money.
Trinitas Behavioral Health depatment is a dynamic place to work.
Intern - Adult behavioral Health (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJMarch 30, 2014
Trinitas adult partial hospital and outpatient programs are comprised of a culturally diverse population with a broad range of mental health issues. Both programs include group and individual therapy and allow for a variety if intervention techniques. The work is both challenging and rewarding.
Aseptic technique
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJDecember 20, 2013
I set up the O.R for surgery. I hold the instruments for the surgeon, I gown and glove members of the surgical team.
Fast paced work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJNovember 8, 2013
This is a short term care facility where people with mental illness come when their symptoms are at its highest. I am responsible for the daily and periodically process of commitment papers, billing sheets, capture of admissions, verification of medicaid and medicare, distribution of mail, supplies inventory, sample medication inventory, network access fro new employees, interpreting fro Spanish speaking patients and families, and others.
Hospital