Trinitas Regional Medical Center

Trinitas Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

gives a very good training ground for nurses with less or no acute care experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 12, 2014
I work on the day shift, always with a clinical coordinator from 7a-3p. However, a nurse oftentimes is assigned to 8-9 patients max. The regular staff on our floor regularly gets floated to other floors.
Fun place to work as a technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 4, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: lunch is not paid, understaffed for the amount of workload
Workload is a lot in this place, especially in the winter time when the census is high. There is no way to track medications that are sent in every unit so that pretty much doubles the workload of sending and putting away the returns.
Fun place to work, I do enjoy working at TRMC
Accounting/Cash Posting Clerk (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 29, 2014
Pros: excellent place to work
Cons: under paid
I Love working at TRMC, I love my co-workers, supervisor is excellent and very flexible, I enjoy the work atmosphere, working with other departments are great too, the only downfall of the company is I feel as if I am Underpaid. Other then that I could see myself retiring from this company.
fast paced work environment
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 23, 2014
Pros: get to meet new people and interact with the community
Cons: there is no room for advancement within the hospital
my day begins the minute I hit the door. You first sign into your workstation make sure you have a pen and call your first patient to your station to be registered. Then you check the board to see if there are any ambulance patients that need to be registered or if there is another registrar that may need your assistance.
Loved working here
Emergency Medical Services (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 22, 2014
Pros: 3 day work week, free medical care at the hospital, decent benefits package, amazing supervisors/admins
Cons: holds past your shift time, long application process, state of emergency mandates
"Give 'em the pickle"...On your first day of orientation you will watch the movie and laugh at that one. This hospital is in the heart of Elizabeth and if you want to learn, this is the place to do it. I had great support while I was training and my managers were awesome. The application process was a bit of a circus but it was well worth it. Pay was – more... probably about average but the security of being hospital-based was very relieving. In my department, almost everyone was team-oriented. Shifts were staggered and work divided up as fairly as possible. There were times when you were kept past your shift but normally it was offered to whomever would 'like' to stay vs. being mandated. Scheduling was fair and focused and it was almost always about caring for the employee as well as the patient. There was not a single day where I didn't want to go to work. – less
Busy work place
Registrar - Women's Health Clinic (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 5, 2014
Answer phone and schedule appointments for New OB/GYN, existing OB/GYN, schedule appoints for Ultrasound patients, assist in medical records, check insurance of patients in navinet, collect payments. I've learned to speak spanish with the patients. The typical day is very very busy we see about 50 patients a day and its fast paced environment.
Great place to work with professional staff
Clinical Case Manager/Utilization Review RN (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJApril 23, 2014
Medicare/Medicaid utilization review

Management skills

pleasant work environment
Stay away if you can
Social Work Assistant (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJApril 16, 2014
It is ghetto. There is no care for the patients everything is about money.
Trinitas Behavioral Health depatment is a dynamic place to work.
Intern - Adult behavioral Health (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJMarch 30, 2014
Trinitas adult partial hospital and outpatient programs are comprised of a culturally diverse population with a broad range of mental health issues. Both programs include group and individual therapy and allow for a variety if intervention techniques. The work is both challenging and rewarding.
Aseptic technique
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJDecember 20, 2013
I set up the O.R for surgery. I hold the instruments for the surgeon, I gown and glove members of the surgical team.
Fast paced work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJNovember 8, 2013
This is a short term care facility where people with mental illness come when their symptoms are at its highest. I am responsible for the daily and periodically process of commitment papers, billing sheets, capture of admissions, verification of medicaid and medicare, distribution of mail, supplies inventory, sample medication inventory, network access – more... fro new employees, interpreting fro Spanish speaking patients and families, and others. – less
Hospital
EMT-B (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJOctober 19, 2013
Great working environment.
Great co-workers.
12 hours shifts.
PTO.
Not too much OT.
it is a job.
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJOctober 13, 2013
its a job,not the end all be all.Good to start with but, thats about it.
It is a very busy unit with very little time to get to know the co-workers. The physical environment is too small for the amount of people.
Psychiatric Screener (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 26, 2013
Pros: good place to enhance your clinical skills.
Cons: no breaks, limited advancement
The person, who designed the unit did not realize that the amount of patients whould be so many.
Urban Hospital
Radiologic Technologist/ CT Technologist (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 22, 2013
Diverse patient ethnicity. Learned to hone my skills in X-ray/ Flouroscopy procedure. Great benefits.
its a okay environment to work
Food service worker/catering Assocaiate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks no benefits no appreciation
the days work is very busy dealing with 40 patients daily.
i have learned how to deal with certain people.
Management coul be nice but very unprofessional with certain situations.
some of my co-workers are easy to work with and just try to break you down.
the hardest part of the job is making sure that we pay full attention to the patient diets and – more... wat we feed them.
the most enjoyable part of the job is builing wonderful relationships with patient and making them feel better so that they always have a smile on their face. – less
very diverse place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 24, 2013
Trinitas is a great place to obtain experience and knowledge, but the benefits and pay suck.
Horrible place
Employee (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 20, 2013
Place is horrible only positive is the co workers. Upper management are unprofessional and unethical beyond words

July 13, 2013

Trinitas hospital is a very unprofessional place to work when it comes down to the environment and and co-workers with management. they allowed a lot of harassment go even if you go to higher power and make them aware of whats going on. people sleeping around with employees and management. the over work you and under pay u for the work. its a very horrible place to work.

Fun place with a good histology team
Histology Technician (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 3, 2013
A routine day is what we look forward to at this facility. I have learnt how to manage my time and multi task with giving out the best results at the same time. The manager has been very helpful since my first day and it does not feel that I've been there only since a short period. The co-workers are a team of professional and fun loving individuals. – more... They are very motivating and hard working. There is no hard part of the day as the co-workers share all the work by priority. The environment set by the pathologists, supervisor, and the fellow co-workers makes this an enjoyable part and every day is to look forward to. – less
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 10, 2013
Fast paced ER. Good in team work. Smaller departments. Good attitude employees.