Trinitas Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

great experience
Health Care Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 7, 2015
Working at the hospital as two position, front desk and nurse assistant help me learn a lot. It taught me how to be patient and also how multitask. Its great when you work as a team because you learn how to handle every kind of situation. I enjoyed working in this kind of environment.
Productive and busy work place environment
Patient Accounts Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Cranford, NJJuly 4, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: Sometimes that work load can be very demanding
A typical day working at Trinitas hospital is normally busy, but that makes the time go by fast. I learned many laws and regulations about no-fault and workers compensation. The management is fair. The co-workers at times have fun, but stay focused with work. The hardest part of my job is the extensive analysis of attorney letters, correspondence letters from insurance carriers, and reviewing explanations of benefits (Eob's). The most enjoyable part of the job is I never have someone watching over me. I have been employed with the hospital for 6 years and I never had anyone questioning my work flow. I appreciate that they trust my judgment and ability to work independently and effectively.
caters to the vulnerable population and carries out the organization values and mission statement.
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 2, 2015
Responsible for all nursing duties, works closely with other discipline to coordinate individual care. Culturally competent.
case management department
nurse (Former Employee), new jerseyJune 20, 2015
Pros: some of the co-workers in the other departments are nice
Cons: overworked, pay, management
former employee.. multiple clinical reviews for insurance companies..
arranged d/c to facilities and other hospitals.. Caseload appx 30 pts every day with an additional 10 pts each day. Could be more on a Monday.. One case manager and social worker is off every week during the week to cover for the wknd. this means that their work is distrubuted to the employees who are there during the week..this creates a problem especially on a monday and friday and if there is a sick call during the week.. there is no per diem coverage and the current managers do not pitch in.. this means that you are being paid to do a two person job everyday...there is no room for advancement in this department..
I learned a lot about hospital policy
Patient Advocate Intern (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 22, 2015
I learned a lot about hospital policies used in customer service in the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a supervisor who considered me her partner and valued my opinion, and allowed me to take part in implementing new projects, and orientations that would be used to improve patient satisfaction at the hospital. I learned a lot about HCAHPS, value based purchasing, and CMS and it's relationship with healthcare
Learned so much in my time here
Assist and first assist in OB procedures (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 12, 2015
I only work there part-time and find it very pleasant. Co-Workers are wonderful. I have learned alot from the experienced long term staff. I finf the staff are genuinely caring people.
I learned a lot from working there.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJApril 28, 2015
It has been a good experience. I learned to become responsible and learned to keep my job over 9 years. I became passionate in what I do.
Internship
Psychology Intern (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMarch 5, 2015
Internship at the adult psychiatric unit. Mediocre clinicians who provide individual and group treatment services.
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great service, top cancer center
Cons: leadership
Learned more about credentialing, great learning experience, positive co-workers and staff, Doctors were very attentive
Central supply. one of the worst team of management ever!
lead central supply tech (Former Employee), sterile processing dept.January 11, 2015
Pros: hospital provides tuition reimbursement and 401k
Cons: no union so workers have little or no defense. salaries are among the lowest in the state.
I've worked at trinitas for 7 years and the hospital is a good one to work at but management there is very bad. That is almost in all departments. Definitely three of which I've experienced first hand would be central supply, operating room and house keeping. I've not seen such incompetents in any other work environment that I've been in. If you do decide to take a job here use that hospital as a stepping stone because they have no long term benefits or wish to have its working force advance in anyway. And that goes double for the sterile processing dept and its management team.
Great experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Working as a Unit Secretary was a great experience. I learned how to work with different cultures at the same time. Mostly I learned how to multitask. Co-workers were great since when I started I did not have any secretary experience they help me how it was to have patience and learn. The hardest part of this job was saying no, It was such a good experience that saying no to any nurse or any doctor wasn't a choice to me; even when it came to working extra hours. The mos enjoyable part of the job was being able to feel like you were working with family.
I learned many
Lead Financial Coordinator (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJOctober 22, 2014
I learned various job duties. I completed and approved charity care applications. Being a NJCAC I helped patients in the Marketplace with the application and selecting a plan in the Affordable Care Act. I really enjoyed helping patients and informing them the best to my abilities. I assisted patients with applying for NJ Family Care. I am P.E. Medicaid Certified. I entered and updated all Medicaid or Commercial Insurances into the hospital system's. Billed all insurances once it was verified. I assisted with audits done by the state of NJ three times a year. Unfortunately the whole department was outsourced and layed off. Fortunately I was able to go to St Peter's University and further my education. I am enrolled in the Public Administration Program and will graduate with a Associates Degree in 2016 but my goal is graduating in 2018 with a Bachelors and looking forward to finishing with my Masters in Public Administration.
Good worker and Punctual
Driver (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at work is when higher authority have to be called because of a crisis. I learned working in the Behavioral and Psychiatric Department Child / Adolescent and Physically and Mentally Disabled with Adults is a great experience it taught me that I have more patience, tolerance and support with a caring heart. Which allowed me to focus more into the medical field. Management is informative and supportive when needed. Co-workers can be supportive sometimes but puts you beneath them. When they realize they more qualified. The hardest part of my job is completing my task, following policy and procedures and keeping my individuals / clients in safe environment.
Fast paced work.
Environmental Service Worker/ Transporter (Former Employee), ElizabethSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: nice employees
Cons: i had to deal with situations that no one really helped me with.
I enjoyed the enviornment, and the employees were nice, at times the work can be really hard to accomplish, but I did it.
Trinitas
Research Coordinator Chat& Chew Program (Current Employee), Union, NJSeptember 27, 2014
It is an excellent work environment to practice your counseling skills. Clients as well as staff are often very friendly and pleasurable to work for and with. Working here an individual will be able to expand their diversity in working with a diversified group of clients and mental health professionals.
A beginner to a great ending
Central Supply Lead Tech (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 17, 2014
Its busy and low paying but it will leave you with a lot of knowledge and skill to work anywhere
gives a very good training ground for nurses with less or no acute care experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 12, 2014
I work on the day shift, always with a clinical coordinator from 7a-3p. However, a nurse oftentimes is assigned to 8-9 patients max. The regular staff on our floor regularly gets floated to other floors.
Fun place to work as a technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 4, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: lunch is not paid, understaffed for the amount of workload
Workload is a lot in this place, especially in the winter time when the census is high. There is no way to track medications that are sent in every unit so that pretty much doubles the workload of sending and putting away the returns.
Fun place to work, I do enjoy working at TRMC
Accounting/Cash Posting Clerk (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 29, 2014
Pros: excellent place to work
Cons: under paid
I Love working at TRMC, I love my co-workers, supervisor is excellent and very flexible, I enjoy the work atmosphere, working with other departments are great too, the only downfall of the company is I feel as if I am Underpaid. Other then that I could see myself retiring from this company.
fast paced work environment
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 23, 2014
Pros: get to meet new people and interact with the community
Cons: there is no room for advancement within the hospital
my day begins the minute I hit the door. You first sign into your workstation make sure you have a pen and call your first patient to your station to be registered. Then you check the board to see if there are any ambulance patients that need to be registered or if there is another registrar that may need your assistance.