Trinitas Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 1, 2017
there is no room for growth in this company no raise or nothing. doesn't train employees right but expect you to know what you are doing. most of the people that work there play favorites no one is treated equal
Working at Trinitas Regional Medical Center has its pros and construction, just like any other workplace, however the nurse management could be better
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 22, 2017
I have worked for Trinitas Regional Medical Center for many years and my overall thoughts of this hospital it offers many job opportunities and work people of different culture diversities.
Pros
Culture diversity encourages getting to understand others and their nationalities and backgrounds.
Cons
Cost of insurance and co-pays are too much.
Not bad of a plavce to work at
Family Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 13, 2017
Nice place to work, very friendly environment. The health benefits are not the best for their employees. One of the major cons for me was commuting and parking situation. Very hard to find the spot on parking lot and on the street around the hospital.
productive and good working environment
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 10, 2017
Aproductive and friendly environment to work,team work, a very hard working manager and supervisors, excellent communuication skills among leader and workers and a good work relationship among staff
bad service
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 28, 2017
This place is a war zone of mental health services. The people are all jammed into the waiting room, wait forever, the doctors in the psych department see like 20-28 patients per day for about 15 minutes. typical day of work is nonstop chaos. I learned that i can get a better job,. I learned that there are politics in management. The hardest part of the job was the lack of respect and low pay. The most enjoyable part was helping the patients.
Pros
safe, clean, brick, mortar, steel
Cons
some parts are dirty, some parts are unsafe, doctors are rude, patients are rude
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 13, 2017
I learned a lot from volunteering at this Hospital. The employees are great to each other and the Hospital really cares about the employees and their well- being. However, the main con is that they do not transfer as much care to the patients. This is not all of the employees just a select few
Good place to work , no room to grow
PATIENTCARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 8, 2017
Great place to work ,great starter job if you want to excel in the medical field very hard working staff management can be better pretty good benefits very hard to get a decent raise overall great working environment.
Micromanaging lowers morale
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 6, 2017
Nutritionally assessing patients is a passion of mine, however many redundant and often conflicting reviews from management has left me with low morale. The turnover is high and the stories about why each quit left me wondering how long I would last. You are expected to see a lot of patients based on a standard from different hospitals with systems different than ours. Constantly belittled for productivity, chart reviews and always being monitored by managers via pager. It's stressful. This is an okay stepping stone if you need it.
Pros
Free lunch up to a point, benefits
Cons
Managers, pay is terrible, no overtime
Very fun Job
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 28, 2016
It was a new experience with brilliant ideas, getting the chance to meet doctors in the emergency room broadened my knowledge and interest in the medical field.
Not a fun place to work ..more like military school
Allowance/Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJDecember 20, 2016
Not a great place to work no advadvancement supervisors managers and directors dont know what they are doing..more like go to grammar school
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
They do not work with you no advancement
Productive fun work place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth njOctober 27, 2016
Love the job your in your own personal space no one bothers you everyone is friendly u have your own desk just answering phones taking messages and filing paper work
Pros
The area is near lots of different food places
Cons
Have your own little space
Tough place for people willing to go the extra mile and learn... Perfect for lazy people with no intentions to grow...
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 14, 2016
The culture is of a typical community based hospital where we deal with the less fortunate and the staff might be the only ones they have to speak up for their rights as a patient. Everybody knows whatever issue you have but the important issues are somehow never fixed. Lazy employees are rewarded and the hard working ones are put more work. A lot of favoritism depending on who you know or who is "your friend" otherwise they don't really value hard working employees.
Official response from Trinitas Regional Medical Center
February 14, 2017

We are very sorry to hear about your experience, and would like to take this opportunity to respond to your concerns.

You are correct that we work in an environment where we deal with the less fortunate and our staff, for some of our population, are the only ones our patients rely on. We have many “quiet angels” who go above and beyond for their patients. These individuals do so without seeking recognition because they are doing so from their heart.

I disagree with you that important issues are somehow never fixed. Whenever issues are communicated investigations are conducted. We try our best to get the facts, to analyze and to make the best decision that we can with the information we have. These decisions may not always be what others want or expect. However, decisions are made with the intent of improving care and providing consistency.

I encourage you to look at the positives that our environment offers. Trinitas is a competitive institution with benefits and pay compared to similarly situated medical facilities in the area. PTO (paid time off) does include vacation, personal, sick and legal holidays. Employees with over 1 year of service have 20 days of paid time off and that number increases to 25 days after 4 years and 30 days after 7 years of employment.

To encourage saving for retirement, TRMC matches employee contributions to their 401k; it is a 50% match on the first 6% that you put away. The 403B- which is another pension vehicle, does not have a matching feature. Both the 401k and the 403B are Fidelity Investment products.

TRMC is a hospital that  more... provides excellent care for our patients. As you know, we are located in an area that serves many patients who rely on governmental assistance for their medical care. It is in all of our best interests to advocate for our hospital to those government representatives who help determine the allocation of governmental funding, in particular, Charity Care. As a non-profit hospital, we utilize the financial resources of the hospital to keep up the infrastructure including the building, equipment and grounds but also to give back to our employees in the form of raises.

Regarding your feeling that you are not being treated with respect and fairness, I can say that we expect our managers and supervisors and those who are given the responsibility of managing our employees, whom we deem to be our most valued resource, to treat everyone fairly and in a manner that fosters teamwork and a sense of worth as a member of the Trinitas team. This in turn leads to employee satisfaction.

I invite you to contact me directly if you wish to talk further.

Joanna Gorczyca

performed general ultrasound in a hospital setting
Lead ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJApril 28, 2016
I loved working at Trinitas. There is a variety of exams to complete and learn from. It is a teaching hospital so you continue to learn from Radiologist and other medical staff,
Good company to work for, benefits are great
Dietary Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 30, 2015
Worked in dietary, friendly co-workers. Supervisors can be rude at times but manager is professional. Decent wage, minimal pay raises but great benifits. Fast paced environment
Pros
Free lunch, holiday parties/lunches, benefits, paid vacation
Cons
minimal pay raises, bad neighborhood/area
The Worst Run-Behavioral Health Department Ever
clinician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 15, 2015
Many of the clinicians and support staff are incompetent, others are mean and downright evil, especially top-level management. A job culture of fear...overworked and under-paid...RUN THE OTHER WAY!
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
not a fun place to work no team work need a new job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 14, 2015
not a working team place, they need a lot of help when working together, been working for 5 yaers now and i only gain 30c this year. rn dont help cnas at all and is hard to talk to the manager
Good environment to learn
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 22, 2015
Working at the Inpatient units at MMC is always fun and at the same time stressful.
The best part of the job is helping people in need and crisis, working as a team and making a difference and helping patients returned to their highest level of functioning with a more positive view in life.
The most difficult part is when there are many patients at once acting out as well as taking advantage of the system. It is also difficult having to clean patients as is different that the training you had in school
Pros
working so close to the beach that you can take your lunch at the beach.
Cons
not enough financial incentives for when working extra or covering emergencies.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 8, 2015
Great hospital with even better employees. I learned a lot from Trinitas over the years. It's a teaching hospital so you'll always find people willing to teach and explain.
People are a great group to work with which makes my job more enjoyable,
sugical technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 25, 2015
I enjoy working at trinitas coworkers are great and everyone gets along and works as a team. I have done a variety of cases general, orthopedics, gyn, vascular and endo vasculars and neuro.
Pros
great doctors and coworkers
Cons
benefits and my commute
great experience
Health Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 7, 2015
Working at the hospital as two position, front desk and nurse assistant help me learn a lot. It taught me how to be patient and also how multitask. Its great when you work as a team because you learn how to handle every kind of situation. I enjoyed working in this kind of environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinitas Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Trinitas Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location