TRINITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL Employee Reviews

Nice people, high demands, low pay
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, ILJune 21, 2017
The teachers are nice but not everyone is held to same standards and some parents can be quite demanding. Personally not worth the low pay and amount of time required to do the job right.
Pros
Free lunch and summers off
Cons
Demanding parents and high work load for little pay
Very well organized school
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HI 96734June 13, 2017
I worked with the pre-school age children and although the work was tiring it was also rewarding. The staff were friendly and welcoming. I was a temporary hire.
Wonderful teachers.
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIApril 14, 2017
I would not recommend employment at Trinity Christian School. It is connected to a church which is an unhealthy connection. The teachers are wonderful. Howev
Great students, difficult administration
Theater Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 16, 2017
Atmosphere is very bureaucratic. There is a heavy emphasis on athletics while the arts are given the short end of the stick. Co-workers are friendly and supportive, but the administration can be stifling.

Priorities lie in appearances rather than expansion and growth.
Pros
Friendly, supportive co-workers
Cons
Difficulty administration
positive environment
Physical Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Intern through my undergrad program at the following school.
I enjoyed being around a great group of individuals who viewed the importance of living a 'healthy lifestyle."
Great Christian School
Teacher/Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 8, 2017
Trinity is a great place to work, within the normal limitations of private Christian education (limited resources and salary). Always excellent co-workers.
Pros
Christian environment, good co-workers
Cons
Salary, resources, etc
Productive Work/ special accomodations
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Montville, NJJanuary 27, 2017
Trinity Christian school was an excellent job location to work at, because the environment was safe, and orderly. I learned that you have to be able to be alert for sudden changes in pace. The management of the administration was excellent because he ensures that the school is a safe, clean, and orderly environment for the students that attend the school. The culture of the school is to provide the best basic, academic Christian education for students and their families. The hardest part was the change of pace in unexpected situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with and to the children in the classroom, and on the playground.
Pros
Special accomodations/ excellent interaction with staff and adminstration
Cons
Inability to quickly adjust to change in unexpected situations
Excellent place to work!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIJanuary 25, 2017
Trinity Christian School has amazing administration and staff. Everyone cares for each other and continually feel appreciated. The students are the best and so are their families. Best place to work!
Awesome enviorment working with kids of all ages.
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 25, 2016
I very much enjoyed working at this daycare. I had the chance of working with babies ages 6 weeks to kids of age 4. I did not want to leave but I found a better opportunity with benefits.. Trinity had no kind of benefits for employees but they were also a private facility.
Great work environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, PAJuly 10, 2016
In this job you are a jack of all trades. There is never a dull moment. You are constantly multi-tasking from taking care of student and parent needs to processing H.R., database management and assisting teachers and Administration with their various tasks. Event planning is a big part of this position as well. Working with the students can be very fulfilling.
Pros
Friendly staff and faculty.
Great values but low pay
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 12, 2016
Any private school, even in the DC metropolitan area, will not be able to pay as much as the public school system. That being said, Trinity does its best to make up for the lack of pay in other ways. You can pray with your students and talk openly about your relationship with God. Employees can apply for financial aid for their child's tuition and it is often granted. TCS is a K-12 private school so there are responsibilities outside of the classroom that add to the workload like carpool (no busses for students), seminar (a 30 minute block at the end of every day), etc.

It's a great place to work if you're able to make about 10-20% less than FCPS and LCPS.
Pros
Christian workplace
Cons
Pay and benefits
Time to move on
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2016
Typical day? Long
What I've learned? to be nice no matter what
Management? Time to retire
Co-workers? Love all of them
Hardest? working for my Pastor
Most Enjoyable? i love the job i do. I would just can not work and go to Church at the same place any longer.
Pros
I love what i do
Cons
Working for my Pastor
People are wonderful!
1ST Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 23, 2016
An awesome place to work. The faculty and staff are awesome. The workload is massive. There are many responsibilities added to the typical position of teacher.
Pros
the people
Cons
the workload
Superior school which provides students and parents education to suceed.
Administrative Assistant to Vice Principal (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 16, 2015
Assistant to lower school Vice Principal. Managed the receptionist are, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests for information. Planned parenting classes and prepared conference rooms. Maintained an up to date department organizational chart including attendance and tardies.
Trinity is a good school to work for.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 25, 2015
I enjoyed working at Trinity Enjoyable teachers pleasent enviroment and rewarding. . A enviroment I grew in and gain experience in childcare and education.
Pros
Good school to wor for.
Cons
Need more teachers
Welcoming workplace
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 15, 2015
Small class sizes make classrooms easily manageable
Friendly faculty and staff
Very appreciative administration
Close relationships built with families of students
Very good place to bring kids for school.
Student Services (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 26, 2015
The staff is very caring and accommodating. I enjoy coming to work because the kids bring me joy. I start my day with recess for all grades. After that, I move on to class time where I grade papers and work beside the teacher. After school, I work the daycare. It's a fun environment for the kids. We have tons of things to do from movies to ping pong, to pool. Our games and arts and crafts fill 3 entire closets, its amazing. I've learned many skills in this job that helped me to be a better leader for the kids.
Pros
healthcare, dental
Amazing oportunity to learn.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2014
This was a great company. I worked so my children could go to a private school. They did a great job and my children received a wonderful education. I enjoyed working at Trinity.
Pros
My children went to school here.
Cons
Low pay.
Great, Friendly Atmosphere to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 9, 2014
On a typical day I enjoyed challenging students to excel in reading, writing and math. I learned how to administer the DRA and especially enjoyed doing mini-lessons and guided reading with the students. My co-workers and the head master of the school were a joy to work along side as we endeavored to help students succeed. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with parents who did not wish to work together. I believe teaching is a partnership and if a parent does not work with the teacher it is not a pleasant experience. The most enjoyable part of teaching to me is when a child learns something new.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Lack of salary and personal benefits
Great private school ranging from Preschool to Highschool
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95842April 30, 2014
Full day

Great staff

Great students.

Great environment.

Lots of work to keep you busy.

Lots of interactions with incoming/returning families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRINITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9