Trinity College Employee Reviews

Excellent university
Highly qualified researcher (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 7, 2016
The university provided an excellent combination of teaching and research. This was a good experience. I appreciated the assistance of the colleagues and the curiosity and intelligence of the students.
Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 15, 2016
Learnt a lot of techniques and skills
Cultured cells fro the first time
I didn't have any coworkers unfortunately
Super satisfied with my supervisor
A productive place that encourages students to take up responsibility and initiative. A dynamic environment where no two days are alike.
Trinity College Head Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 25, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Trinity in the Residential Life Department as i have been exposed to many different personalities and situations that have allowed me to grow as a person and develop different skills that I did not have previously.
My boss was excellent
Assistant to the Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 29, 2016
Ran reports
Approved check requests
Maintained various spreadsheets
Worked with Euros
Mostly nice people
Waiting for others to complete their jobs to do mine
Experience and Work
Educational Technology Assistant / Part Time (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day of work was very good, helping students to understand computer network and some students projects. I learned to be more responsible with work, the management was splendid, very helpful employees, the hardest part of the job was how far it was and I had to use other methods of transportation. The enjoyable part of the job was helping out the students and learning from them.
Pros
Responsible management
Cons
Short Breaks
Stimulating professional experience in a beautiful setting
Executive Assistant to the President (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 10, 2016
My responsibilities as the Executive Assistant to the President are what one would expect of that position in any field--managing a complicated and changing schedule, making travel arrangements, and serving as liaison between the president and the community, to name a few. The difference in working in higher education was the opportunity to interact with extraordinarily talented faculty and students. There was no "typical" day in that the president's commitments could vary tremendously from day-to-day, which taught me to be flexible, pro-active, professional and positive at all times--tools that will serve me wherever I go. In that role I also interacted with internal and external staff at all levels,an invaluable skill that I believe is truly one of my strong-suits.I was also fortunate enough to work with dedicated and hard-working staff who are all team players. Extreme multi-tasking was the most challenging and ultimately most rewarding aspect of my time at Trinity. I feel that I can handle any professional challenge with intelligence and professionalism, and I am grateful for that. I was also lucky enough to work at one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state--something I never stopped appreciating.
Great Environment, Students are Interesting . . .
Visiting Assistant Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 1, 2015
A great campus with excellent facilities. Never had any problems with administration, payroll, HR. The students represent a slice of the 1%, and while they're nice, it's something you and they won't forget while you're there.
Productive and very encouraging Staff
I also am a cashier at the BBC (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 5, 2014
I would get to work at the BBC on time, start preparing for the dinner or lunch rush. I learned to be diligently fast, yet efficient, in cooking for dinner and lunch rushes. I also have learned that communicating with staff members leads to a good work environment. The managers are friendly and work with your class schedules. The hardest part of the job is getting the food out to the customers quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job(for me at least) is the feeling of success when we get food out quickly and that the customers are satisfied.
Productive environment with a location that varied
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 27, 2014
We would have daily meetings and monthly activities planned with individuals part of a nonprofit organization dedicated to establishing volunteers to create opportunities for a one-to-one friendship to form between students and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. I learned a lot about these individuals and made friends with people from my school I probably would have not run into around campus. It was very hard working with these individuals on some of the bad days they would have. But while this was extremely difficult it was worth the smile on their faces when participating in any activity they enjoyed like apple picking.
Multidisciplined lab environment with the ability to learn new techniques
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2013
My responsibilities as a research assistant focused on quantifying Catecholamine concentrations in the brains of mice on the Ketogenic diet utilizing high pressure liquid chromatography. The results of this analysis provided insight into the mechanism by which the Ketogenic diet modulates epileptic activity and mitigates Autistic behaviors. Actively conducting research on my thesis has formed a strong foundation in proper laboratory practices such as equipment maintenance, documentation of daily routines and data presentation.
Pros
Dynamic environment
Efficient and enjoyable place to work.
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 10, 2012
A typical day would be mostly revolved around the computer doing data entry work, occasional filing, and assisting admissions officers.
I learned a lot about the education industry, and got a chance to work with a close knit team. The most difficult part of the job was college application season, and the most enjoyable part was working with such great people.
Fun work place and pleasant place to work
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2014
Love the fact that it was always busy. Learned a little Spanish, management and co-workers was great to work with . The hardest part of the job was working outside in the cold and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people .
Pros
The pros of the job was the people .
Cons
The cons of the job was that I wasen't a full-time employee so there was no benifits
Economic Research Assistant
Economic Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 20, 2014
Economic Research Assistant at Trinity College analyzing demographic and socioeconomic factors that may influence a child's outcome in the Hartford school choice program. This study has spanned over the past 5 years and will continue to aid the educational system of CT in their mission.
Good work team!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  DublinMarch 2, 2015
Trinity present good work team and supervisors and managers are really professional. I never had an opportunity to increase, no opportunity to be promoted, unfortunately I had to do the same tasks. The hardest part is because I had to go too early and sometimes I had no transport to take.
Coaching
TRINITY COLLEGE NETBALL COACH (Former Employee) –  Trinityy College GawerMay 31, 2015
Incredible learning experience, developed communication skills with individuals of all ages. Most enjoyable part was working with children. Flexible with study hours
The best place ever.
Manager, IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 26, 2012
This is by far the best place to work. I learn how to be an excellant worker, I learn to work with different kinds of people. I learn how to make friends that last a lifetime. Oh yea I learned my trade.
Pros
you feel like you are part of a family.
Cons
never any cons.
At one time enjoyable, but not so now
DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 4, 2014
Depending on what day,the shift would vary. Management does not recognize seniority with shift assignments. Co-workers, who can, have moved on and many looking to follow.
Pros
Tuition reduction
Cons
Management indifference
An Oasis or Mirage
Rather Not Say (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 4, 2012
Dealt with many people from different walks of life. Some folks were very warm where others were indifferent and arrogant to those not in their social circles.
Pros
diversified neighborhood.
Cons
elitist attitudes with campus community.
Love to work here
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJune 22, 2014
Love everything about this job would not change anything. Have a great experience working here. Everyone was very good students, staff. I a job that give me allot of joy. Will work there again.
Great working enviroment
Microsoft Office and Computer Literacy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 25, 2012
Would have scheduled appointment with students for either Introduction to computer classes or for Microsoft Office classes.

4.4