Trinity College Employee Reviews

This was my College
Student (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 13, 2017
I went to school at Trinity College in Hartford CT. NESCAC liberal arts education. Great friends and professors. Geography of the school is to be desired.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 6, 2017
Excellent professors to work with on relevant environmental issues. Gained invaluable experience in conducting field and laboratory experimentation, literature search/research, with ability to strengthen oral and written communication skills.
Pros
Opportunity for hands on field experience and scientific publication
Cons
Limited funds for salary/compensation
Great school
Assistant Coach Men's Baseball (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 3, 2017
Enjoyed coaching at trinity. It was a great experience working with the outfielders since I was primarily a catching coach. I have a great relationship with head coach too this day.
Loved it
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Trinity, FLMay 24, 2017
Washing dishes wasn't my thing but when i had the chance to work the line the students were so polite and courteous to me and my fellow worker. Staff and students were awesome.
Pros
Good pay, decent hours
Cons
No cons
Great place to grow
Athletic Department Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 14, 2017
Trinity College provided a great base and platform for me to grow as an individual. There were some tough times but my overall experience is something that will guide me in some way the rest of my career.
Pros
Growing community
Cons
In comparison to similar colleges, Trinity doesn't rank as high
Flexible and Diverse Workplace
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 26, 2017
I have never seen so many disabled worker as I have at Trinity College. They are truly embracing their promise for a diverse workplace. However, as a science technician, Trinity does not support Science as much as they should. The lab buildings are very old and have many technical problems.
Pros
diverse work environment
Cons
buildings are old and in disrepair
Student Driver
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 16, 2017
Great company, great pay, great people, great environment. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to go back to college.
Worked with students and on the computer
Asistente Tecnológico Educativa (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PROctober 25, 2016
When I had to attend the students, fix the computer or add any other program that was necessary. I learned how to use the excell in making statistic on the list of student, of the hour the got in the library and the usage on the library. The hardest part is when there was rush on the library since there wasn't many resources to use there.
Cons
Usually short breaks
Excellent university
Highly qualified researcher (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 7, 2016
The university provided an excellent combination of teaching and research. This was a good experience. I appreciated the assistance of the colleagues and the curiosity and intelligence of the students.
Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 15, 2016
Learnt a lot of techniques and skills
Cultured cells fro the first time
I didn't have any coworkers unfortunately
Super satisfied with my supervisor
Stimulating professional experience in a beautiful setting
Executive Assistant to the President (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 10, 2016
My responsibilities as the Executive Assistant to the President are what one would expect of that position in any field--managing a complicated and changing schedule, making travel arrangements, and serving as liaison between the president and the community, to name a few. The difference in working in higher education was the opportunity to interact with extraordinarily talented faculty and students. There was no "typical" day in that the president's commitments could vary tremendously from day-to-day, which taught me to be flexible, pro-active, professional and positive at all times--tools that will serve me wherever I go. In that role I also interacted with internal and external staff at all levels,an invaluable skill that I believe is truly one of my strong-suits.I was also fortunate enough to work with dedicated and hard-working staff who are all team players. Extreme multi-tasking was the most challenging and ultimately most rewarding aspect of my time at Trinity. I feel that I can handle any professional challenge with intelligence and professionalism, and I am grateful for that. I was also lucky enough to work at one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state--something I never stopped appreciating.
My boss was excellent
Assistant to the Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 29, 2016
Ran reports
Approved check requests
Maintained various spreadsheets
Worked with Euros
Mostly nice people
Waiting for others to complete their jobs to do mine
A productive place that encourages students to take up responsibility and initiative. A dynamic environment where no two days are alike.
Trinity College Head Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 25, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Trinity in the Residential Life Department as i have been exposed to many different personalities and situations that have allowed me to grow as a person and develop different skills that I did not have previously.
Experience and Work
Educational Technology Assistant / Part Time (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day of work was very good, helping students to understand computer network and some students projects. I learned to be more responsible with work, the management was splendid, very helpful employees, the hardest part of the job was how far it was and I had to use other methods of transportation. The enjoyable part of the job was helping out the students and learning from them.
Pros
Responsible management
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Environment, Students are Interesting . . .
Visiting Assistant Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 1, 2015
A great campus with excellent facilities. Never had any problems with administration, payroll, HR. The students represent a slice of the 1%, and while they're nice, it's something you and they won't forget while you're there.
Coaching
TRINITY COLLEGE NETBALL COACH (Former Employee) –  Trinityy College GawerMay 31, 2015
Incredible learning experience, developed communication skills with individuals of all ages. Most enjoyable part was working with children. Flexible with study hours
Good work team!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  DublinMarch 2, 2015
Trinity present good work team and supervisors and managers are really professional. I never had an opportunity to increase, no opportunity to be promoted, unfortunately I had to do the same tasks. The hardest part is because I had to go too early and sometimes I had no transport to take.
Economic Research Assistant
Economic Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 20, 2014
Economic Research Assistant at Trinity College analyzing demographic and socioeconomic factors that may influence a child's outcome in the Hartford school choice program. This study has spanned over the past 5 years and will continue to aid the educational system of CT in their mission.
Productive and very encouraging Staff
I also am a cashier at the BBC (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 5, 2014
I would get to work at the BBC on time, start preparing for the dinner or lunch rush. I learned to be diligently fast, yet efficient, in cooking for dinner and lunch rushes. I also have learned that communicating with staff members leads to a good work environment. The managers are friendly and work with your class schedules. The hardest part of the job is getting the food out to the customers quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job(for me at least) is the feeling of success when we get food out quickly and that the customers are satisfied.
Love to work here
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJune 22, 2014
Love everything about this job would not change anything. Have a great experience working here. Everyone was very good students, staff. I a job that give me allot of joy. Will work there again.