Trinity College

Trinity College Employer Reviews

Productive environment with a location that varied
Mentor (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 27, 2014
We would have daily meetings and monthly activities planned with individuals part of a nonprofit organization dedicated to establishing volunteers to create opportunities for a one-to-one friendship to form between students and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. I learned a lot about these individuals and made friends with people – more... from my school I probably would have not run into around campus. It was very hard working with these individuals on some of the bad days they would have. But while this was extremely difficult it was worth the smile on their faces when participating in any activity they enjoyed like apple picking. – less
Taught Advanced Therapeutic Courses
Therapist (Former Employee), Dublin, CAMay 22, 2014
Taught Advanced Therapeutic Courses. These courses were given to Therapists with advanced degrees.
At one time enjoyable, but not so now
DISPATCHER (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMay 4, 2014
Pros: tuition reduction
Cons: management indifference
Depending on what day,the shift would vary. Management does not recognize seniority with shift assignments. Co-workers, who can, have moved on and many looking to follow.
Fun work place and pleasant place to work
House Keeping (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: the pros of the job was the people .
Cons: the cons of the job was that i wasen't a full-time employee so there was no benifits
Love the fact that it was always busy. Learned a little Spanish, management and co-workers was great to work with . The hardest part of the job was working outside in the cold and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people .
Multidisciplined lab environment with the ability to learn new techniques
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2013
Pros: dynamic environment
My responsibilities as a research assistant focused on quantifying Catecholamine concentrations in the brains of mice on the Ketogenic diet utilizing high pressure liquid chromatography. The results of this analysis provided insight into the mechanism by which the Ketogenic diet modulates epileptic activity and mitigates Autistic behaviors. Actively – more... conducting research on my thesis has formed a strong foundation in proper laboratory practices such as equipment maintenance, documentation of daily routines and data presentation. – less
Very enjoyable place to work
Graduate Fellow and Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 26, 2013
Enjoyable experience as both a graduate fellow, coach, and assistant professor
Great work study jobs!
HelpDesk Manager (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJune 1, 2013
Wonderful work place environment. Very laid back, and a great boss in Debbie Cook.
Alternate School for Degree in TESOl
TESOL Trainer, Curriculum Design (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 27, 2013
Alternate online school to get a degree in TESOl
not a job workplace
this is an online alternate school environment
An Oasis or Mirage
Rather Not Say (Current Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 4, 2012
Pros: diversified neighborhood.
Cons: elitist attitudes with campus community.
Dealt with many people from different walks of life. Some folks were very warm where others were indifferent and arrogant to those not in their social circles.
Great working enviroment
Microsoft Office and Computer Literacy Instructor (Former Employee), Hartford, CTOctober 25, 2012
Would have scheduled appointment with students for either Introduction to computer classes or for Microsoft Office classes.
The best place ever.
Manager, IT Help Desk (Former Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: you feel like you are part of a family.
Cons: never any cons.
This is by far the best place to work. I learn how to be an excellant worker, I learn to work with different kinds of people. I learn how to make friends that last a lifetime. Oh yea I learned my trade.
Efficient and enjoyable place to work.
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 10, 2012
A typical day would be mostly revolved around the computer doing data entry work, occasional filing, and assisting admissions officers.
I learned a lot about the education industry, and got a chance to work with a close knit team. The most difficult part of the job was college application season, and the most enjoyable part was working with such great – more... people. – less
House Keeping Experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Dublin, IrelandJuly 23, 2012
I had a part time house keeping job in Trinity College Ireland. The job was 4 hours which starts at 6am every Saturday. Either I needed to clean the resting lounges, public restrooms, or public area. I learned how to communicate with my colleagues and manager. Also be responsible and completed on what I had been told to do.
A great place to work.
Mechanic and Grounds Foreman (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJune 1, 2012
Pros: vibrant city campus setting.
Cons: none.
Trinity College is a 100+ year old liberal arts college located in Hartford Ct. Although downtown the setting is one of beautifully landscaped lawns, shrubs, trees and flowerbeds. A typical day at work would involve checking the service, registration and inspections diary and assigning tasks to my crew whether to service or repair vehicles or to do – more... set ups on the campus. I learned a lot at Trinity and, with the college's assistance, received both Ford and G.M. training and certification. Trinity improved my teamwork skills and I also had to learn how to deal with union workers as my crew were unionized.
Management from the president down were accomplished, talented people and were a pleasure to work with. My co-workers were a mix of professionals, tradesmen, skilled and semi-skilled workers. We worked as a team to keep the campus, which is residential, running smoothly.
The hardest part of my job was when we had snowfall and I and my crew would stay at work for the duration. The worst one was a 4 day and night stint.
Easily the most enjoyable part of my job was doing the set up for graduation and watching students who had been with us 4 years going out into the world. – less
Excellent work environment
Student Accounts and Loans Manager (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 22, 2012
Pros: many
Cons: few
Wonderful employer providing excellent work environment and stability.
fun
Catering assistant (temperory Summer position) (Former Employee), Dublin city centerApril 6, 2014
Trinity was a fun atmosphere to work in all the staff were polite and easy to get along with. We all worked hard to achieve our work. We would also get good pay.there wasn't really a hard bit about working in this job except the kitchen emptying and filling up the dish washer. The management is very good we all had our own roles i would come in set – more... tables and get the food ready, my other co workers had there own roles. we would then serve the people cleans up and get ready for the next day.i learned to be more sociable working here as it was my first job. i liked it and would defiantly like to carry on being a waitress. – less
Great environment to work in. staff very friendly
waitress (Former Employee), Dublin, DFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hours were long
A typical day would be setting up venues, serving food at receptions etc. Management was excellent and co-workers all very nice to work with. However, the days were long but enjoyable because of the staff.
English Teacher (Former Employee), KandySeptember 11, 2013
Pros: relaxed atmosphere with enthusiastic students
Cons: poor, too laid-back and bureaucratic office and management
Easy flexible hours
Very supportive students and staff
Management - not efficient and methodical
Enjoyed teaching to keen and ambitious GCE (AL) students
Productive and good atmosphere
Intern (Current Employee), DublinMay 7, 2013
Between 9 am to 6 pm, I read a lot of papers in order to improve my knowledge concerning my work. I do some analysis in the laboratory, expecting results which will help me to enrich my work.
My co-workers are free to answer my questions and out-going enough to get a good ambiance in the department.
The hardest part of the job is probably not to get – more... the expected results whereas the most enjoyable is to learn a lot about what we like. – less
Buen ambiente laboral
Profesora de ingl├ęs (Former Employee), Villarrubia de los Ojos, CMSeptember 23, 2013
Buen ambiente laboral, buena oportunidad de trabajar con diferentes programaciones docentes.