LOCATION: New Springfield, OH for 6 months training, then transfer to our new Columbus, OH branch for permanent full time position.
GROWING SERVICE COMPANY SEEKING TO TRAIN FIELD TECHNICIANS!
Imagine starting a new career with paid hands-on training.
Imagine skipping the college tuition, and jumping right into the workforce.
Imagine a career that offers stability, variety, and excellent pay for years to come.
Now stop imagining and take advantage of this opportunity!
Trinity Door Systems has been family owned and operated since opening in 1986. We provide our customers with high quality installations and same-day/next-day service of the automated entrances you see every day at hotels, grocery stores, and other retailers. We offer additional services that occasionally include glass and glazing, storefront installations, and assistance with ADA compliance. You can visit our website to learn about us and our services: www.trinitydoorsystems.com
Industry High Pay (Earn $16-21/hr. after training)
Excellent Health Benefits
Part Sales Bonuses
Paid Vacation & Holidays
New Customer Sales Commission
Company Service Vehicle
Company Cell Phone
Small Company Environment
Schedules vary based on daily call load. Quitting time may vary day to day.
Rotating emergency call schedule for evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Installations may occasionally require an expenses-paid overnight stay or early morning start.
Clean driving record is a must!
We have an immediate opening for a full-time automatic door field service technician. An ideal candidate enjoys working with their hands as well as building customer relationships. This position presents an opportunity to perform a public service while making money by installing and servicing the automatic door equipment used to promote accessibility.
A typical day begins at our shop where technicians restock service vehicles and daily service calls are dispatched. Technicians then travel to 4-6 customer locations within our service area where they troubleshoot, diagnose, and make repairs. This involves selling parts and filling out paperwork to document the work being performed and may include answering questions, providing technical support, or handling customer complaints. Additional calls along a route may be added if they come in. A day ends by driving directly home from your last call.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED:
- No experience necessary in the automatic door field – we will train the right candidate.
- General mechanical and basic electrical knowledge are expected.
- Previous hands-on maintenance or mechanics is a plus.
- Basic skills with hand and power tools.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose malfunctioning parts. Replacing worn out gearboxes, motors, controls, rollers and bearings, tracks and guides.
- Physical demands include lifting and moving heavy objects up to 100 lbs.; work on ladders; sitting to drive for extended periods up to six consecutive hours; standing, kneeling, or crouching on concrete; and working outdoors in all types of weather.
- Follow established company directed policies pertaining to service reporting, maintaining truck inventory, customer communications, and other detailed company procedures.
- Clearly documenting service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Ability to build rapport with customers, handle complaints, and provide solutions and support to meet customer demands.
- Communication skills and ability to work independently as well as with co-workers to complete time-sensitive projects.
- Technicians are required to supply their own hand and power tools. Specialty equipment will be supplied by the company when required for a specific job.
THE FINE PRINT:
This position begins with a 30-day training trial, followed by an evaluation to determine suitability for permanent position. Employees who remain past the 30-day trial are required to sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement. Starting pay is commensurate with experience.
Trinity Door Systems proudly maintains a drug and alcohol free workplace.
If you have read this far in the fine print then please consider including a cover letter with your resume telling us why YOU are who we are looking for!