Trinity Health Employee Reviews in United States

Materials Management
Supply Chain Director (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 6, 2016
Proven leader with over 25 years of progressive and diversified experience in Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Operations Management, customer support, procurement, contracting, strategic planning and inventory control. Significant accomplishments in expense reductions, strategic value analysis, maximizing GPO contract utilization and coordinating contract transition. Team player who supports critical operations with: excellent customer satisfaction, communication, interpersonal skills and multidisciplinary problem solving skills. Conducts supplier analysis and efficiencies and builds cross-functional team alliances between suppliers, vendors and internal customers.
Painfully Corporate Environment
Information Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAApril 26, 2016
When Trinity Health and Catholic Health East merged in 2013, it was billed as a "coming together," and there would be no major changes. They slapped their name on CHE, and enforced all of the policies and system changes without much forethought as to how it would affect day-to-day operations. They slashed benefits and holiday time, and ignored any concerns brought up by management.

Changes in the IT department were made simply to throw their weight around without regard to how it would affect the end user. Processes that took an hour previously now took entire days because "that's how we do it in Livonia."
Pros
They paid you money.
Cons
They reminded you that they paid you money.
Terrible they are antilpn they play favorites
LPN (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 14, 2016
It's like working in a prison they came into my work place took over we can't do anything can't check our emails on the computer they monitor everything like big brother always watching! Trying to weed out lpns they play favorites. Never give straight answers always lie!!!!
Pros
Cons
Them
Wonderful learning experiences daily
Sr. Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 22, 2016
Having been hired in from a temporary position, Trinity gave me insight on all the workings of a not-for-profit business. It was such a joy to occasionally witness a family with no health coverage and no time to complete a Medicaid application be given full coverage for their Hospice admission. My trainer exposed me to every facet of the job of being a Sr. Hospice Biller. In this position I was responsible for training co-workers on new software and assist them with any issues that may occur with their billing.

Thank you Trinity Health for introducing me to healthcare administration.
Pros
Several departments with a variety of cultures
Cons
Deaths
immature, catty, shady, rude
St. Mary Mercy Hospital (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 21, 2015
This hospital was unfortunately a poor health system. very diappointed as a hospital worker and even more so as a student. I was mistreated by HR in ways I am even embarrassed for them to talk about. They play favorites. Its all about who you know in this hospital. Very immature and catty staff. Management was probably worse at the cattiness.
Good work environment but managment does not support its employees
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 11, 2016
Work life balance is ignored by management. The project management process was overly complicated and difficult to follow let alone learn.
good place to work
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2016
good place to work. good shifts, busier than average hospital labs. employee turnaround is still low, workload higher than workforce.
Pros
comparable pay
Cons
emplyee retention rate low
Productive, informative and Fun
Chief clinical assistant (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 11, 2016
Every one is excited to work, they all love the patients. The physician is helpful.
The work is rewarding on the educational and cognitive sides as well as salary wise
Productive and Fun Work Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 6, 2016
My boss is amazing and very easy to work with. The employees love what they are doing and are very good at it. I love my job at trinity health.
was good at first but then it just went downhill
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  McCall, IDJanuary 20, 2016
The company was wonderful the first two years I worked for them in McCall, Id. However after I moved to fruitland they have just went downhill in there integrity and have become shady.
Insurance Recovery
Insurance recovery (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 29, 2016
I followed up with non payment on hospital claims. I rebilled with new codes (followed with chart notes). I obtained pre-auth for up coming procedures.
A fun and supportive workplace
OB/GYN postpartum and Nursery Charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 11, 2015
A great unit to work for. Great teamwork from fellow employees. Great opportunities to continue education. Nursing staff and Physicians worked together to ensure safe patient care.
Pros
Great Teamwork
Cons
Short Breaks
Th
Population Health Consultant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 4, 2016
TH is a faith-based hospital system; TH is the 4th largest in the country with over 90,000 employees and 80+ hospitals in 21 states..
Nice place to work for
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 16, 2015
Nice place to work for and will provide a career path if you express your career goals with your supervisor. More of a laid back work place with minimum supervision. Co-workers are nice and genuinely cares about you as an individual. The hardest part of the job is getting through the stress of year end paperwork. The most enjoyable part is the teamwork displayed.
Pros
Promotes from within. Mon - Fri
Cons
very strict attendance
Efficient cubicle style workplace
Intern/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 16, 2015
I analyzed and organized electronic files, which earned millions for the company from the government. I learned how to more effectively and efficiently use MS excel, which was my primary means of working with the company's files. I was part of a team that put me in charge of making sure Trinity's providers (doctors) remain in good standing based on their expenses cross-indexed with their expected expenses as determined by the various operations they preformed. This job was made difficult by being somewhat too monotonous for my liking. Despite its monotony, I enjoyed everyone that I worked with, which made it relatively enjoyable for me.
not enough people
Maintenance Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDSeptember 15, 2015
The job is okay but there is not enough help. They need to hire several more people. Managers dump everything on the employees and communication is minimal
Flexible workplace
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 8, 2015
Trinity Health has been a flexible workplace making it easy to balance work and personal/family needs. At times it's been hard to work with staff who doesn't show completency while providing patient care. Staff complaints don't always appear to be take seriously.
Excellent
Director of Information Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2015
Excellent organization. Very supportive. Management has been very good to work with. They do a very good job of recognizing staff and accomplishment.
Team
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMarch 31, 2015
A typical day at work would be helping my team of 13 Assistant Buyers with any questions they may have or with a problem that they cannot resolve.

Managing the call center to be sure that all calls are answered in a timely manner and also that there is always coverge.

Assisting co-workers with hard to resolve issues.

The hardest part of my job is managing staff sometimes as there are always a few that push the envelope or decide not to be a team player.
Pros
Able to work from home one day a week
Cons
In this position there aren't too many cons
great work experience
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 12, 2015
gained great work experience but just not enough hours and upper management were not always easy to reach out to as it was kind of a subcontract job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Health. Our community is ready to answer.