Trinity Industries

Trinity Industries United States Employee Reviews

Busy to the Max
Senior Lease Accountant (Current Employee), Dallas, TxApril 22, 2015
Great place to work and very fast pace. Long days however you are never bored. Projects and tasks. Close one month and then its time to close another.
Friendly almost family like work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 20, 2015
They are very flexible with your work hours which is nice if you have a family and need to start at different times to pick up kids. The benefits are good and priced well compared to what is out there
Was a good place to work
Accounting Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
Trinity was a nice place to work, but the position that I was in I wouldn't have been able to move up in the company anytime soon because the employees had been there so long.
Lots to do
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Longview, TXApril 12, 2015
On a typical day, I have been inside and out of 5-6 tanks. I have a strict guidline for inspection but I go home everyday knowing that Ive done the very best I could to ensure a quality product. I also know I am one part of the whole machine and while my job is not more important than the man that cleans the bathroom, both our job have a significant part in what keeps the company going.
Proffesional and innovative place of employment
Lead Materials Planner & Production Scheduler (Current Employee), Pittsburgh,PAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Training and development.
Cons: Weather in the winter
verify production tags accuracy, report production into inventory system, populate operations Report for company, review schedules with production managers, co workers were from all backgrounds; Engineers, Accountants,Machine Operators, the most enjobale part is that my job is very dynamic, there is always a different challenge to work on.
Internal Weld Trainer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OkApril 5, 2015
Its a high production work environment. The work load changes and can be hard to have a healthy balance between work and home.
Dirty environment, unsafe, and no one speaks English
welder (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2015
Pros: Lots of hours
Cons: unsafe, filthy, frustrating equipment
The whole shop is filthy. All along the walls of the shop is a pile of dirt from being swept into the wall instead of into a dustpan.. None of the equipment works right. Finding the right setting for welding machine was constant struggle every day. The floor supervisor was never friendly and he always shot you mean looks like he was trying to intimidate you. Every day I went into this place I feared that I might fall and break my neck over some random object. All of the joints in my fingers hurt from constant welding all day nonstop. My trainer hardly spoke any English so if I wanted to learn something I had to watch but I couldn't ask. He didn't understand the questions I was asking so he couldn't give me a legit answer. The office workers treat the shop workers as if they are beneath them. If you need about $19 an hour job at about 50 hours a week regardless of how dirty you get then this is a job for you. The forklift drivers never even honk their horn's at the sight of a pedestrian. There are no doors on the shop so be prepared to deal with the elements. One worker got pneumonia from being exposed to the cold too long. Like I said if you need money badly, then this is the place for you, but if you actually take pride about where you work then don't work here. And if they see you willing to go the extra mile to get the product out in time all they are going to do is expect that from you all the time and work you harder.be prepared to do a lot of grinding. You'll probably be grinding for a whole hour at a time almost every day. Then they expect you to crawl inside a narrow – more... tube and gouge and weld 48 inches long. I've seen a lot of the people that have been there for a long time and they all have health deffects. I knew if I stayed there long enough I would eventually get arthritis and maybe even lung cancer from the atmosphere. There's no ventilation for the fumes whatsoever except for maybe a couple of dusty fans in the corner. The walls of the shop look like they were shot by a rifle. Sometimes the toilet didn't work and there would be water and feces and urine all over the floor. – less
old school company as a family team centric - rare these days
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: annual company picnic - can you believe it, and departmental offsite annual Xmas parties with presents for the kids - unreal so cool
Cons: will not spend money on newer faster better, just make it work
Not modern, but steady and practical, lean running, good work ethic, considerate of family and personal life, supportive, and very conservative, but not judgemental... rare.
great place
Maintenance Technician Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2015
great place to work you get to learn a lot of skill and there is always potential to grow there. good benefits and good coworkers.
Watch yourself this is not a place for team.
Human Resource Administrator (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 16, 2015
Pros: you get hours
Cons: leadership, moral
This place can and will wear you down,Expect to have 4 or 5 days of overtime and don't expect too much from supervisors to stand up for their employees. Moral was extremely low and there was a lack of direction by management. The team work was not there.
Good company to work for.
Associate Buyer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2015
There are plenty of friendly, knowlegable, people at Trinity to help you grow and feel at home within the business. The enviroment there is very conducive to becomeing a new professional.
Good place to work.
Clerical Assistant for the Safety Department (Former Employee), Longview, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: a great place to work.
Cons: when filling a position they need to speed the process up. don't drag your feet.
Your day starts as soon as you clock in. There was always data entry work of entering new employees into the system or updating all employee training.

I learned about safety as well as about the product that we were producing.

The managers/supervisors that I worked for and with were great.

My co-workers were great people. Willing to help each other at any given time.

Keeping up with all the turnover of employees. Some were terminated and others were moved to another location after training.

The people I worked for/with were great people.
hideous
A ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), PORT ALLENFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: everything
worst job ever. human resouce operates like the mickey mouse club. Was hired as an A electrician and was made to perform every craft under the sun. And when complained about not being a CARPENTER, PLUMMER, WELDER, ROOFER, AND A HOST OF OTHER CRAFTS WAS TOLD TO EITHER DO IT OR FIND ANOTHER JOB.
need closer and local.
Driver/Mover (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2015
fine company to work with I really need to be basetied close to my home. My wifes health is not that good so I really need to be able to get home when I can.
dirty but a good place for hard workers
Welder (Current Employee), Saginaw, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good people/ lots of hours
Cons: dirty/ lots of hours
They expect a lot from there workers, but seem to understand when u need some family time. If your not ready to work hard then this is not the place for you.
Great Company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2015
The company has many opportunities for advancement and growth.
Work hard and succeed. Good people to work with. Pay scale a bit below avereage, but bonus and stock opportunities will make up for it.
Great Company
Bilingual Human Resources Asst (Current Employee), Ashland City, TNJanuary 22, 2015
This is a great place to work regardless of your position. The company offers fantastic benefits, regular bonus checks, and outstanding incentives.
Productive and many learning abilities
Fitter Welder, Fabrication Welder, Trainer (Former Employee), Longview, TXJanuary 20, 2015
I enjoyed all the great things I learned from this company, a lot of long hours.
Prison Sentence
Hourly Employee (Current Employee), Girard OhioJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: hours of laughter.
Cons: three wage tiers, with no progression, horrible med. benefits
This is probably the #1 most unorganized place to work in the U.S, with total disregard for employee safety. All forms of management are highly trained in lying. It's believed that lying is actually a requirement to be a supervisor at Trinity. The place is so mismanaged that it has no option but to continue to fail , like their stocks and many lawsuits they have recently lost. Girard Trinity is continuously under investigation by both OSHA and Trinity's own ethics committee for unsafe work environment/practices and unethical treatment of employees. Management couldn't organize a two car funeral, and you would be treated better at a Nike sweat shop in China. Most employees are fired because they question managements lack of safety concerns, or managements poor attempts at reasonable decision making skills. After years of complaints the employees restroom continued to be neglected and desperately needed repairs to the point that the employees literately took photos of Girard plant supervisors from the company newsletter and placed them in the urinals. Its sad but true, that is what got there attention and some of the repairs were finally made. This place is a three ring circus with no shortage of clowns. Don't waste your time!!!
Good experience
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: work on very odd vehicles
Cons: 30 min lunch
My work day included servicing forklifts, repairing concrete floors, assembling multi-story racks, and unclogging the occasional sink. I learned that not all vehicles have components in the place you think they should be. The hardest part of this job was being alone all the time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Trinity Industries

TRINITY INDUSTRIES, INC. IS A DIVERSIFIED INDUSTRIAL COMPANY THAT OWNS MARKET-LEADING BUSINESSES WHICH PROVIDE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES – Read more

Trinity Industries Salaries

$13.72 per hour
Truck Driver
$22.88 per hour

Trinity Industries Photos

Trinity's Challenge Coin - We Love Our Vets!