Trinity Industries Employee Reviews

Great work place
weld.robot operaor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 30, 2016
I will say it was very productive an hard work, It was different kind of welding experience to know which will help me in the future good job security under a better economy.
Pros
free dinners
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for
Reliability Engineer/Planner Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2016
Trinity is a great company to work for. They encourage and support their employees to reach their goals and build great knowledge through the day to day tasks and training.
Could do better
Recruitment Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 28, 2016
Poor work environment, long hours, weak leadership, no opportunity for advancement. No vision and constant change of vision.
Help Desk Analyst - Job was Fun
Help Desk Support Level II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 16, 2016
Help Desk manager was fun off hours but during hours he was a completely person which didn't have to be. I did not expect him to be my best friend. But don't start throwing your employees under the bus to save yourself, and tell everyone its black or white there is no grey. Health INS was expensive
Pros
Employees wwere nice to each other
Cons
Health INS is expensive
Productive job good benefits
Galvanizer (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 14, 2016
Steel guard rail company hard work worth the money and benefits easy going environment management is alil iffy but not that bad. Wish I could go back kink f they would let me
Pros
Nun
Cons
Nun
Tulsa Facility - Wind Energy Company
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 14, 2016
Growing manufacturing facility in the wind energy sector. Fast paced, 24/7 operation. Semi-Monthly and hourly positions available. Hard working group of people in the Tulsa facility.
Great company
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  OkcNovember 8, 2016
Great company to work for and the benefits were pricey but worth it. Shame oil took price dive would still be working there.
great company
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2016
a Typical work day is multi-tasking between project with the US and Mexico operations. Great co-worker with diverse backgrounds.Managment is very knowledgeable.
SLAVE LABOR = employee's =clock number
Fitter and Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2016
corporate greed. maximum profit all that matters. community second to profit. NOT family friendly. there family fiendly idea was one a one day picnic at the park once a year. They did have profit sharing that could leave your family with a few bucks after you wore worked to death. When i was there they had one guy retire after 40 years, they did not even no was gone for three months after the fact. And then they brought him back for 30 min retirement party. BOTTOM LINE MONEY DRIVEN
Pros
paycheck
Cons
NO loyalty to employee's. GREED DRIVEN
Productive and clean
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALOctober 26, 2016
I loved I was doing something that I enjoyed which was being a machine operator. I wish some things where different at the job but it was what was bringing money in to my family at the time.
average
fitter welder 3 (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 18, 2016
Great crew of guys. Decent communication between supervisors and workers. Hard work a lot of mandatory overtime sometimes to much to deal with. the long hours can lead to stress

Comment – November 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We appreciate your dedication!

Great and challenging opportunity.
Transportation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2016
Great and good place to work very rewarding. Many challenging come on a daily basis , you must have the energy and endurance to perform well , don't look for the pat on the back , look for the contribution you made to the team or project. There is no perfect workplace yet there is a place to perfectly test you and your skill set. I learned and gained a lot while I was there, yet my contract was up and time to move on too different endeavors.

Comment – November 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working for Trinity. We appreciate your contributions to the team!

Company is large and very slow to adopt change
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2016
From an IT perspective, IT is almost an after thought. CEO prefers to extend the use of hardware and software systems well beyond the system life expectancy, resulting is a lot of "band aids" to make things work, and obviously little to no support from the manufacturers due to old and outdated gear.

Comment – November 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We will share this insight with the appropriate leader.

Great company
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2016
Nice work environment. Great team environment. They treat their employees pretty good. I'd recommend to anybody to work in this company.
This is multi billion dollar company.
Pros
team lunch
Cons
far

Comment – November 1, 2016

We strive to create a team environment and are glad you agree! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Good pay and bennefits
Welder Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Hager City, WIOctober 5, 2016
Good fast paced environment. Good employees , Management was decent. Good pay. typical day was to to weld, read blue prints, produce quality steel structures.
Good career choice
Welder Operator (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOSeptember 28, 2016
Good place to work. Great benefits and is excellent for those seeking a long career. Everyone has potential for advancement, the only one who'd hold you back is yourself.
Pros
good hours and plenty overtime if you need it
Cons
hot summers
Hard working place.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2016
I loved worki g at here. I was very good at my job there and was on my way to advance in the company. But i could only work night shift and that took a tole on my family. I would still like to go back and work days for trinity.
Pros
Good quality physical work.
Cons
Limited shift choice

Comment – November 1, 2016

Thank you for your time and dedication to Trinity! We hope you consider employment with us in the future. As a reminder, you can view all of our available positions on our website: go to TrinityCareers.com, click “opportunities” and search by keyword & location.

Trinity Industries
Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LASeptember 23, 2016
An excellent company to work for has some management issues like any other company but overall good place to work for that takes care of their employees.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
bad business to be in at the time
Long hours. no room for advancement
Fitter/Welder II (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 20, 2016
long work days, the point system is horrible, management is ok, short breaks and they are very easy to let you go, the company pays well, and they are very tough on safety which is a good thing
Pros
pays well, high on safety
Cons
point system

Comment – November 1, 2016

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We agree that our leaders believe safety is always a priority.

excellence and safe workplace
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LASeptember 15, 2016
I enjoy the safety of the job. I learned that being safe is the part of any job, when you feel safe you and others work better. The management are very supportive,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Industries. Our community is ready to answer.