Trinity Industries Employee Reviews

A hard working requirement place.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma County, OKNovember 10, 2017
As a security guard, I found it to be businesslike and hardworking environment. Lots of support for weather variation and reliable senior officers.
Work consists of building tanks for fluids and done by welders and supported by managers.
Workplace culture is same as other material manufacturing setup:
punctuality, work gear, breaks and occasional free meals supply

Winter is poses hardship for all especially fork lift drivers.
Most enjoyable part is earning above other security companies' rate per hour.
Pros
Cons
Work availability breaks as it depends on demand for supply.
Typical Day
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2017
Trinity was a decent company to work at for anyone that would like an opportunity. You can find your niche within Trinity just by finding the right department.
Pros
Cohesive Team
Cons
Poor Management
fast paced cut throat enviorment
Senior Fitter/Welder 3 (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 7, 2017
very fast paced long hours decent pay over 20+ an hour starting if you have experience management is ehh..... ok at times they claim its not about production but its all about production and numbers you will get written up or moved to another position if you cant keep up with the line do you job collect your check paid weekly and you will be fine very hot in the summer winter is not so bad as you keep very busy and always moving everything needed for your job is supplied overall good pay lots of hours but it is contract work so layoffs are normal
Pros
long hours decent pay
Cons
when you meet production on time it will be increased
Fast-paced but good environment.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, LA and Port Allen, LANovember 3, 2017
Relaxed but fast-paced. Management didn't need to push employees because the environment was good.

Learned how to weld with a machine.

Management was good and worked with employees, if needed.

Fun and relaxed.

When they closed down.

Welding with the tractor was fun.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Closed
Not good for a maintenance man
Maimtemamce tech (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALNovember 2, 2017
The maintenance super wasn't very good and being in a leadership role. The maintenance leader "electrical engineer" was very disrespectful when it came to conversing with the other employees. The wages were low and being young and gung ho, they expected way too much from me. Hours were ok and they did pay for some schooling. Overall I'd never work for these people again. Not trinity as a whole just energy absorption in pell city.
Pros
Ok hours
Cons
Management and some of the task to be performed
you get what you put in
Production Inspector (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXNovember 2, 2017
Great place to learn and understand the industry. If your applying to work in the Railcar division there are a variety of opportunies from welding, assembling, to NDE. If y0u show a willingness to learn abide by their core values then they will teach and train you for available positions you may not qualify for.
Fun place
Level III Help Desk Analyst- (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2017
Love the job but got injured and had to leave. I loved my boss and the people I worked with. I learned a lot and went from temp to permanent really quick
Long hours and worked 7 days a week
Railcar Repairman (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 30, 2017
Good benefits. Long hours and place shut down. Good pay at the time. I,worked there so long ago I don't know what there like now. Good company to start with.
Great place to work, large corporation with room to grow if you're the type thats willing to work hard and do above and beyond whats asked of you
Career Mobile Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Steele, ALOctober 22, 2017
I have only been at TM for 3 months, but it's even better than expected. Great culture, well organized, and is only going to continue its rise in the global utility infrastructure market. The management and employees actually care about the product and customer satisfaction. They have figured out the proper formula for success and exponential growth. I look forward to the rest of my Trinity career!
Pros
Great benefits, competitive wages, great culture
Cons
A few lazy coworkers that increase your responsibilities
work
Class A Decaler (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 16, 2017
Trinity Rail can be a very stressful place to work. the relationship between workers and management is almost nonexistent. employees that i developed a relationship with all feel expendable.
good place for a starter job
WELDER/ FLOATER (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOOctober 15, 2017
I love my job had a lot of friends that I like to work with the bosses just push people to hard the job teaches me a lot of jobs it was hot in the summer time and hot in the winter time
Pros
lots of good people work with
Cons
bosses were demaning
Trinity Industries was a very good work place
Sr. Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2017
I would say Trinity Industries was very diverse and thought well of it's employee's. They work hard to make opportunities available and thought highly of educating their employee's to be able to thrive. Awesome place to work.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Dangerous
Maintenance Electrician/ Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 12, 2017
Environment fast paced and dangerous. Salary was below standard for position and duties. Environment was pleasant and fellow employees worked good together.
Hard work at a fast past
Heavy Assembler (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 9, 2017
It always made the day go by. Plus you learn something new everyday.You could move up in the company if you was willing to learn and work hard. They just had too many lay offs.
Pros
Bonuses checks
Cons
Tiring days
nice place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAOctober 8, 2017
loved what I did there as well I have no complaints. something different to play with all the time and try new things learned how to read blue prints . no hard part of that job either .
Pros
close to home and good people to work with
Cons
tore down the building
Laid back, but they always expect more for less
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 6, 2017
I like the people, they really care.

Management can often lose employee focus because of chasing dollars. Trinity is all about the bottom line, as long as you meet or exceed forecast and budget, you're ok.

Trinity will pay you less than other companies for the same work being performed.

Long days and Saturday work are often required.

Trinity will work with you sometimes to give you time needed for family issues that require you to be away from work.
a learning experience
Welder (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 6, 2017
a typical day of work include finishing up the work first shift had started. After completion, start our assigned jackets. Once finished, go help another department.
Trinity Industries
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 5, 2017
Trinity is a great company to work for however with the ever changing oil field it is a hard company to stay with and not worry about your job being changed, laid off, or even fired.
Pros
Amazing Management and benefits
Cons
Jobs
A career with good opportunities and not bad environment overall.
Heavy assemble 2 (Former Employee) –  Vidor, TXOctober 5, 2017
The job was perfect with a good crew. Not many things I could say bad about it. The job helped me provide for my family and the work hours were good. It taught me new skills and made me understand what I was working for.
Pros
Paid lunches on the clock and great people to work with.
Cons
Some supervision
it was a great job
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  cathSeptember 28, 2017
it was a great job and the work wasn't to hard and we all work together ,it was well mange and they treat us we respect ,we wasn,t getting any order so they had to lay us off but I was told when business pick up they will call me back ,I pray they have great success ,it was the best paying job I ever had and I thank them for the oppnuity they gave me
Pros
bouns every three months
Cons
it sometime was very hot or very cold but they did all they could to make it workable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Industries. Our community is ready to answer.