Trinity Industries

Trinity Industries Employer Reviews

The best by far
Tool Room Manager (Former Employee), Longview, TexasNovember 21, 2014
I loved working here, and honestly if they were still opperable i would be there. In my opinion the best job i have ever had.
dfsdfkl
supervisor (Former Employee), san antonio, txOctober 26, 2014
Cons: 50-60 workweeks
company layoff, company worked between 55-60 hour weeks. Very minimal employee support from upper management.
Good company to work for.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 25, 2014
Good company to work for they have advancement to. I canot complain they treated me well.
Poor opportunities for advancement
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2014
If you haven't been with the company for 10+ years you will not be considered one of the insiders and will be passed over time and time again for promotion and/or a decent salary increase. High employee turnover due to this reason.
Great culture conducive to learning
Business Development Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2014
Great people with an open door policy. Growing firm with many opportunities. Learned something new every day.
If you're a potential employee, avoid like your life depends on it. It DOES.
Painter (Former Employee), Saginaw, TXOctober 20, 2014
I'm a former employee. Yes, I'm disgruntled, but for a VERY good reason. I was employed at the Saginaw Tx plant. In June of 2014 I was almost killed due to faulty equipment. I worked as part of a paint team. My job at the time of the incident was prepping tanker cars for paint. Part of that process requires lifting each end of the tanker car approximately – more... 10-14 inches in order to access the bottom of the car to blow out sandblasting media before paint. This is accomplished by utilizing 20 ton bottle jacks on either side of the tanker car. We count on these jacks not to fail. If they do while we are under the cars, we die. The first week of June, we had a jack fail. Thankfully, nobody was under the car when this happened. Instead of replacing this jack, they brought in another that was ancient and that leaked hydraulic fluid at a rate of a gallon every 8 hours. It was weak, and and would drop 1-2 inches while under load. We asked for safety blocks just incase we had a failure. Everything they gave us, would not fit correctly. This went on for DAYS. Every time we asked for a new jack, we were told by our direct supervisor, verbatim- "It's coming, get back to work" or by maintenance personnel "That jack may leak, but it's solid" The second week of June, at the start of my shift, and approximately 5-10 seconds before I was to crawl under a lifted tanker car, that replacement jack failed. I'll never forget the sound that car made when it crashed down...ever. This company preaches safety like no company I have ever seen. However, when it comes down to it, if proper safety gets in the way of production, your safety becomes a non-issue. This is a BILLION dollar company folks. Why would a $300 jack be such a problem? – less
Very bad
warehouse (Former Employee), paOctober 10, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: mgmt
mgmt. is very bad

not enjoyable for the dept to get yelled @ all day everyday
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: stressful at times
Great place to work!
Great management team and co-workers
awesome benefits
Great Place To Work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cared about employees. Great Pay and Compensation. Closed in my area.
Great Environment, Even Better People!
Intern for Containers Division (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2014
I spent my last summer of my college years working for Trinity Industries. Trinity provided me with the tools and the opportunities to succeed in their company. I had a blast working there and would jump at the opportunity to do so again!
Business Development
Business Development (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: i get to work from home on most occasions. i enjoy trade shows and traveling with my company.
Researched project leads for inside/outside Sales Team and Distributors across the United States. Helped Marketing Team on Sales Blitz within our target industry. Attended and worked many company trade shows.
I have learned how to read plans and specifications, looking for our product information targeting large projects.
We use SaleForce as a CRM. – more... I upload project information assigning task to the Sales Rep that overseas each territory.
My Manager works from OH. He sets me on a task knowing that I am not one that he has to micromanage. I complete each task in a timely manor.
I work well with all types of people men and women, including those who are more challenging. I am task orientated. When I complete my job I am always willing to help others.
I enjoy everything I have done with my company. I believe your job is as hard as you make it! – less
They give us free lunch
QA Inspector (Current Employee), Saginaw, TXJuly 24, 2014
First, I read the blue print. After that, I check all the parts of a tank to make sure everything is correct. I also check the thickness of the tanks. Then lay out, I check and make sure all the dimensions, level, square and well out match the same on the blue prints and then I tack them and make sure to double check that everything is good.
My co-workers – more... and my supervisor are really nice. The hardest part of this job is that sometime the welders get mad because we, QA, mark out their mistake and they have to repair it.
This job is enjoyable because they give us free lunch once a month for every month and our break is nice. – less
Assembly
Saw,press,crane operator forklift driver (Former Employee), Girard, OHJuly 23, 2014
Fill orders for customers,some employees didn't give team support
Horrible
leadman (Former Employee), reidlandJuly 13, 2014
Cons: everything
Company is awful, the office overloads the real workers while sitting in air conditioning and brand new furniture while others use broke equipment and horrible working environments.
The guys u work with make the day go by
Class A Welder (Former Employee), Hugo,OkJuly 1, 2014
Pros: working close to home
Cons: everything else
Hard dirty work,low pay,long hours. if this sounds like fun you found the right employer. Trinity bought the company i previously worked for, made promises about safety better equipment, and more pay. So far safety is the only thing that got better but that only lasted until production started to slow down. then we where back in cars grinding 10-12hour – more... days without a hole watch. pay is at the low end for the entire country for welders! I've never seen skilled craftsman treated this way. I'm hitting the road asap. might as well when u never see ur family. – less
Foundry work
Quality Inspector/Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits, and was a safety oriented company
Cons: short lunches, dirty, hot, and forced people to work hours they werent avalible for.
Was a nice place to work, but the management had no concern for an employees life outside of work.
worst place to work!!!
welder (Former Employee), centerville utMay 21, 2014
Pros: there was pros when i first started but not any more
Cons: management to leads on the floor if i wanted a baby sitter i would of asked for one.
I have worked here for awhile and there is no chance of moving up in this company and if you will be made to do other peoples job while they sit there and watch you do it
fun and pleasent working place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Magnolia, TXMay 20, 2014
Overall I had a great time at Trinity industries, the environment was pleasant and co-workers were the best Ive had, made many close friends at Trinity. The work was intense and fast paced like any other big manufacturer. But that helped build time managing skills which has been of great importance through my career.
below average pay, good benefits
Set-up Operator (Former Employee), Girard, OHMay 13, 2014
Pros: benefit package
Cons: forced overtime and disrespective behaviors to employee by the management
The overall view I offer to the behaviors and conduct of the management team within this company, would rate a 3, on a scale from 1-10. Foreman on the floor often disrespect the hourly employee, and verbally abusive to the employee.

Even, more so I would not offer anyone recommedation to a person seeking employment, to apply with this company.
Good industry with good benefits but not much opertunity to switch shifts to spend more time with family.
Welder (Current Employee), Oklahoma city, OklahomaMay 1, 2014
I have learned how to preform dye penetrant N.D.E. testing and how to sub arc weld.

1 2 3 4 5

About Trinity Industries

TRINITY INDUSTRIES, INC. IS A DIVERSIFIED INDUSTRIAL COMPANY THAT OWNS MARKET-LEADING BUSINESSES WHICH PROVIDE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES – Read more

Trinity Industries Photos