Trinity Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great oppurtunity
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 24, 2017
Working in cardiac and pulmonary rehab directly with patients was a wonderful experience. I greatly enjoyed helping patients become active again. I provided a lot of education on heart disease, risk factors, diet, and exercise.
Poor management, low employee value, patient care on the floors is horrific.
Scrub Tech (Current Employee) –  Trinity, FL 34655June 24, 2017
I work there and have had a family member in the hospital.
Employees and patients are just a way for the hospital to make money.
PTO takes away from overtime worked.
Pros
Insurance dicount for in network
Cons
Hospitalist are not adept. Pay is low. Call is killer.
Loved this company
Account Processor (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 24, 2017
Working with this company was fantastic. The training was complete and the environment was great. Aside from one or two temporary office helpers there was no drama in the office at all. My supervisors were professional and very kind. Wonderful place.
You got to know who the most caring provider's were.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at this hospital. Our original manager was awesome and fair. I was busy all the time and loved it. The time went fast and the people I worked with were great. The most enjoyable times were when we planned to all bring in potluck for lunch.
Pros
Access to most professional and knowledgeable physicians
Cons
Very busy and no back up.
Hospital job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJune 15, 2017
this was a CNA job in a hospital, usually now referred to as a Patient Care Tech or a Unit Assistant. Basically taking care of patients as they come into the hospital. Vital signs, passing meals, offering assistance with showers, and charting all of these activities.
Low pay and poor management.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OH 43952June 13, 2017
When I first started at Trinity, it was a great place to work. The management was great, they listened to your concerns and addressed any issues in a timely fashion. As soon as new managers were hired, it became more like a high school than a hospital. The managers have no communication skills, and no one has a clue what the other is doing, which is terrible, because there are several practice managers. It also doesn't help that they know very little about the medical end of the jobs they do. They don't communicate with the doctors, and a lot of issues and unnecessary drama ensues from it. The pay is one of the lowest in the area, and the opportunity for advancement is low. Overall, a terrible environment to work it. I would not recommend it.
Pros
Discounts on medical care if seen within Trinity
Cons
No breaks, low pay, terrible management, drama
Good Company
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2017
This is a great employer and the chance for advancement is extremely high. If you are willing to put forth the effort it pays off in the end..........
Travel for job
System Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 17, 2017
A typical day would have been covering IT support for QC location or DesMoines location. The hardest part of this job was the travel and living out of town every other week.
Education
Registered Nurse Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMay 4, 2017
.they constantly teaching the nurses. This was my first nursing job. I learned a lot from the other nurses. It was a good company to work with. If I hadn't decided to move I would of stayed there.
Great first job!
Clinical Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 20, 2017
As a clinical dietitian I was responsible for coordinating all phases of nutritional care including nutrition assessment, care planning, enteral/parenteral nutrition, monitoring, education and counseling of hospitalized patients and outpatients in a variety of settings.
Productive work place
Intern (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHApril 19, 2017
Very friendly staff, willing to help educate and inform, management is very personable. Hospital works well together as a team, I have learned a lot about all the processes that are necessary to run a hospital.
Great Learning
ICU and Cath Lab Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, IL 61201March 21, 2017
Great opportunities to learn and grow. Learned a great deal from the ICU doctors and cardiologists in the Cath Lab. Was educated from doctors in cases.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Work/Life balance
Rewarding job experience
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILFebruary 27, 2017
This was a temporary position that was rewarding in that you were a part of communication for the hospital for three locations. It could be demanding and would have to react quickly with administering certain code announcements.
Great cafeteria, great coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLFebruary 14, 2017
After shift report, assessments, staff meetings, med pass,communication.
Gained experience in nursing and mental health.
Management was stable and overall fair.
The culture in our workplace was overall positive and supportive to each other.
On busy days the documentation seemed overabundant and took too much time away from patient care.
Friends, team and patients.
Pros
Great salad bar, nice break rooms
Cons
Occasionally stressful
The facility was a stand alone psychiartric unit.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLFebruary 12, 2017
The clients had multiple co-morbidities and their was never enough staff to deal with the patients. The environment was unsafe and there were a lot of staff injuries and turn overs.
Pros
Team work amongst staff nurses and techs.
Cons
Lack of management support and resources to keep staff safe.
Patient Care Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 6, 2017
Coming in making assignments taking and transcribing orders.
How to work with doctors and staff with different attitudes.
Having to deal with patients death
Being able to help make a persons day brighter with a smile or conversation and a hug.
Pros
helping all kinds of people
Cons
short breaks and short lunches
Fast growing industry and very respectful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 13, 2017
I cleaning the patient rooms, nurses stations and even the lobbies. We rotated floors through out the week, so it was always something new.
Overall best workplace experience I've had. Great starter job for college students with no dependents..
Radiology Assistant (Patient Transport) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2016
Never encountered a mean/rude employee, My department's management was fantastic. Easy job. Decent amount of downtime. Management willing to work around my school schedule. Helpful coworkers. Low pay but descent benefits. Stable/fixed hours but no overtime. Guaranteed 40 hours a week.
Pros
Entry level, great people, benefits, downtime between patients, great management, stable hours, fulltime, free parking
Cons
Low pay, no overtime, sometimes physically demanding, no ability to move up without degree (to be expected with an entry level hospital job)
I was a exciting experience to work around friendly people. I learned a lot working with this company, cleaning vacant rooms, making beds, floor tech
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 27, 2016
I was employed at trinity medical as a housekeeper, cleaning vacant
rooms, dust mopping floors, sweeping, making beds, pulling trash, then I moved up to a floor tech position, buffing, waxing, and furnishing floors.
nursing
Staff Nurse-Women and Children's Unit (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 22, 2016
very stressful. Not enough nurses to handle the patient care. Babies did not count as a patient and they should have. Not enough help
Pros
quiet
Cons
not enough nurses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.