Trinity Rail Employee Reviews

Nice pay and benefits but doesn't stay open long
Welder 3 (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMarch 21, 2017
Not much on job security, left my last job to return to work at Trinity just for them to promise 10 years of work and only stay open less than three years.
trinity rail work place and management is good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 28, 2017
at trinity rail i operate the locomotive and drives forklift load and unload trucks.its a enjoyable place to work.i learn a lot at this company building rail cars.
The pay was good ,the hours long and the layoffs frequent
Auto Welder A (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 18, 2016
As far as a job goes it's decent if you like to work a lot of hours and be subject to a layoff. The management team is subpar but coworkers are great. Nepotism and favoritism run rampant throughout the company. When the orders pick up it's 7 days a week 12 hours a day for months at a time. I worked more than 6 months without a day off.
ok place
Tool room associate (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 10, 2016
Was a ok place to work, a lot of miss leading information floats around. Also did make a lot of friends who I still call my good friends.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
plant shutddown
Lots of dengenerates, little opportunity, but easy to get on and decent money
FITTER/WELDER II (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 10, 2016
Once asked everyone at my lunch table who had graduated high school and who had never been to jail. Only two people had graduated high school and I was the only one who hadn't been to jail. Most of working there is listening to the constant complaints and putting up with the incredible laziness of everyone who works there in the abundant down time. Every job is very easy, except for coil ends which is hard enough for the rest combined, and Hydro which is extremely dangerous. Yet people who are part of the easy jobs still make it their personal goal each day to resist carrying out the few responsibilities they have as much as possible. Management is more interested in their personal interests and those of their friends than they are with getting work done and they have little appreciation for hard work and less reward. If you're a hard worker you will find that you aren't any better off than the slackers. The whole place is corrupt, both of the night superintendents at Plant 110 while I was there were removed for different sorts of fraud. Its just not good place. However, if you really need a job, it is easy to get on and they will pay to train you, then within a couple months, you can be making 16+ an hour, which isn't too bad for East Texas. They also have benefits. So if you're desperate like I was, it's not that bad; it's just not a long term thing.
Also, guaranteed 40 hours a week and often you can voluntarily stay longer if you play it right and when it's busy there's mandatory overtime, you can end up working up to 7 12s.
Pros
Free snow cones on wednesdays in the summer, free ice cream on fridays
Cons
almost everyone there is a sorry dengenerate
productive
Welder 1 to Welder 3 (Former Employee) –  Longview, TX 75604October 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job was the heat but i love welding! i learned different types of welding and i enjoyed working extra when it was necessary.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Very high paced
Fleet Maintenance Manager Unit Trains (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2016
Typical day changed which I liked. Learned a lot of different areas of the rail industry. Management may need few changes but for the most all co workers were amazing.
bad company
Fitter welder 2 (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 11, 2016
Great company to work for. Great management great work envornment ample amounts of training and safety. great hours and amazing pay for the work you do
Uneducated Management
Lead (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 2, 2016
Many of the management staff at Trinity Rail are undereducated for their positions. They operate in old fashioned management techniques, and make it difficult for advancement. Employees are paid more than other industries in the area, but the work environment is a bit more grueling than most industries also.
Productive Work Environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 24, 2016
Spent several years with this company and overall the work environment was excellent, there was always room for improvement within the company for employees.
Not a good place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 19, 2016
This company should ashamed of themselves. They treat their employees like trash. They put them in a no win situation for every long hours, very dangerous job. People gets hurt all the time.
Great Job
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 19, 2016
This was a great job. Benefits where exceptional. Management needed work. People get promoted due to favoritism and some promoted due to accusing race just to get the job.
productive and always busy
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 23, 2016
the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked around and the job was never the same from day to day.The equipment that I worked on ranged from overhead cranes to welding machines.
Fun job but things go wrong a lot
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 7, 2016
Fun job but the facility is poorly maintained and equipment breaks frequently and often in spectacular fashion. But, most of the people are good to work with and it is a pretty fun job.
Welder 1 (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 2, 2016
After working full time for over 5 years I grew to love my job. I worked with a really good crew and management was productive and efficient.
Pros
Hours, Pay, Management, Co-workers
Cons
Attendance system, Job Security
great benifits
heavy assembler 2 (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 2, 2016
they are a big company with many workers. the have a safe working enviroment. i would work for them. the have a great benifits package.
Extremely Productive.
Machine Operator, Grinder. (Former Employee) –  Hallsville, TXApril 28, 2016
A typical day was 6 a.m. - 3 p.m. I learned more about fork lifts, cutting medal, grinding metal, welding. Management was great. very kind. co-workers were great as well. the job wasn't hard and the most enjoyable part of the job was working alone.
Pros
High Pay.
Cons
They laid workers off to often.
Productive and fun workplace
Welder (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAApril 22, 2016
It was hard work and the days went by really fast. I was a welder at this company and enjoyed every minute of it.
Anyone would be pleased to work for this company in Cartersville, GA.
Ok
Machinest (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 19, 2016
Ok place to work for,if only buildings 1,11/2,and building 2 needs exhaust system to suck out carbon,and metal dust out.Install newer machinery in all buildings for better improved production.
Pros
Yearly paid bonus
Cons
Attendence point system
work place with great benefits and hours
Fitter/Welder III (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAApril 7, 2016
I enjoy my work and the hours are really and extra bonus with enough time off to enjoy my evening at home, Tough job with the changing of cars at times but with enough time to get up to production.
Pros
This company seems to care about our well being and really good to veterans.