Executive Assistant, CEO
Position Summary: Reporting directly to the Founder & CEO, The Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing a variety and range from routine to complex administrative, clerical and office duties, including oral and written communications, business contacts, calendar, meeting, travel arrangements and special projects. The Executive Assistant receives general direction from the Founder & CEO, and interacts with Senior Officers and Executive team members as well as Board members of the organization. The Executive Assistant must understand the responsibilities, needs and priorities of the Founder & CEO and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small office environment that is mission driven, results driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities: This statement of duties is for purpose of identifying this position but it is not limited to:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Founder & CEO including: managing her extensive calendar, sorting and filtering requests for the Founder & CEO’s time while ensuring strategic priorities are met in a timely manner.
- Completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Planning conference calls and meetings, including the logistical arrangements for multiple domestic and international conference calls and meetings.
- Identifying the need for and assisting in the preparation of agenda materials for meetings which the Founder & CEO attends.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Founder & CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Founder & CEO’s time and office.
- Provides a bridge of communication between the office of the Founder & CEO and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management team.
- Works closely with the Founder & CEO to keep her informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgments letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Founder & CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Traveling for or with the Founder & CEO to multiple locations throughout the state of Georgia.
- Provide documentation from meetings, conference calls and all other sessions.
- Serve as liaison between Founder & CEO and staff; in the Founder & CEO’s absence, billing errors, extension requests on Fee-for-Service clients.
- Serve as a final checkpoint for all reporting, processes, procedures, audits, client and personnel files.
- Participate in the interviewing process.
- Assist in establishing new offices.
- Monitor and maintain all logistical accounts. (I.e. utilities, IT, rent, etc.)
- Vendor services for phone and Internet.
- Monitor locations once up and running.
- Pull report from GTA and verify info and email state reports.
- Conduct random billing and chart audits – pull 20 charts a month and conduct random audits.
- All other duties assigned by the agency.
- A bachelor’s level education with a focus and/or background in counseling preferred;
- 5+ years’ experience with administrative and/or counseling supporting at the executive level.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and deliver in a t timely manner, with outstanding attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for executive management level
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the state of Georgia to establish and maintain additional sites.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including coordination of complex executive meetings
- Experience drafting written correspondence at the executive level
- Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Must be extremely articulate and poised on the telephone
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes
- During auditing and credentialing periods, must be willing to work nights and weekends.
- Prefer some experience providing administrative skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to take ownership of problems and use good judgment in decision-making
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required; experience with QuickBooks a plus;
- Ability to manage confidential information and situations with efficiency, flexibility, accuracy and diplomacy.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for the Trinity Social Service’s mission
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard