Trinity Solar Employee Reviews

Great place to grow personally, financially, and professionally
Energy Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 18, 2017
In the day and age in which employees are just a number, Trinity Solar provides a breath of fresh air with their company mantra: God, people, money (in that order).
pays well but not solid job security
Crew Leader Installer (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJanuary 14, 2017
great job to work for in the beginning but after a few months the people there where family based so job advancement went to family first without question
Pros
long lunches not timed
Cons
only gave family members promotions
Quality Installs
Sales (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJJanuary 11, 2017
Very good culture especially if you are of the Christian faith. If you're not, well...I'm not sure. They provide quality installs and truly care about their employees.
a great company with high moral standards
Solar Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJDecember 27, 2016
go to meetings twice a week, knock on doors to generate solar sales.management is professional and easy going. hardest part of the job is dealing with the severe weather
Pros
commisions are good
Cons
difficult to generate leads
Trinity Solar
Account Creator (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJDecember 8, 2016
OK, to be completely honest Trinity Solar is not the worst company. I am in the office area creating accounts for reps and checking to ensure all signatures are present on the important documents. The worst thing about this place is that it is a lot of favoritism in this company. If you are not related to someone or know someone in power, expect to always be at the bottom. There is a lot of power tripping and a** kissing in this company. But if you can ignore all that, it's an OK place to work.
Pros
Good pay, punched out lunch breaks are optional, pleasant environment, easy work.
Cons
Favoritism, no raises, slim chance of advancement.
Excellent Company to work for!
Employee (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 5, 2016
Fast paced, ever changing environment. Room for advancement. The company continues to grow at a very steady pace. Great people, good benefits.
ok
Electrician/Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 14, 2016
ok place to work would recommend for solar work. seems to be good people working there good shop good warehouse plenty of stock on hand they are willing
nice environment
AutoCAD Drafter (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 27, 2016
designs for preliminary drawings, full set designs, design updates, as built drawings, etc. I don't have much knowledge of electric, but that has changed drastically since Trinity. I work with 2 master electricians and have gained much knowledge. This opportunity has been a great experience.
Solar Consultant
Solar Consultant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 3, 2016
I learned the importance of extracting latent needs so that homeowners may see the benefits of going solar. The values of the company are solid as loyalty and hard work are rewarded.
Great company
Interconnections Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Wareham, MAAugust 29, 2016
Great business, rapidly growing company. Really enjoyed working with the company and fellow associates, but management, advancement, and benefits left something to be desired.
Trinity Solar Cares About it's Customers and it's Employees!
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJAugust 11, 2016
I've been with Trinity Solar for about 4 1/2 months now and couldn't be happier with my experience. My managers are awesome and our work environment and culture are terrific.
Pros
They really care, great culture and exploding company!
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTMay 28, 2016
Great company for the self-motivated salesperson who is willing to do the work to generate new customers and create business.
worst solar company in the north east!!!
Residential Solar Electrician (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTMay 5, 2016
This company is full of unqualified people who only have a job because they are related to one of the bosses!! They work you raw, and pay terrible.
Pros
Cons
entire job!!
great
Measurer/Installer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 13, 2016
good place to work for if you want to learn about solar and how to become a solar installer, i would recommend this company to anyone looking to learn how to install solar
Pros
great company
Cons
nothing negative about the company
An incredible opportunity to build your own career
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 4, 2016
At first I was skeptical, it all sounded too good to be true. The ability to set my own hours, dictate how much income I could make, and building an office how I envisioned. The longer I stay with Trinity the more I find out how it's a tight run ship where people are viewed as just that, people. The values of the company are at the forefront "God, People, Money" - in that order. The hardest part of the job is motivating yourself and getting out there and hustling. The best part of the job is knowing that I am helping people save money and putting the utility companies out of business. 50 years from now, my grandkids are going to be talking about how their 'grandpappy' was one of the pioneers who led the renewable initiatives.
Pros
Fun culture, benefits, income potential, career growth
Cons
you get out what you put in
Energized office
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJDecember 3, 2015
Good work place but the commission only pay is terrible. You can make a sale then not make any in weeks. I don't know how anyone can make a living doing this and paying bills.
Pros
great office
Cons
terrible pay and selfish empolyees only worry about their sales
Productive and Beneficial
Scheduling Specialist / Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJOctober 16, 2014
Make outgoing calls
Receive incoming calls
Make appointments
Re-schedule appointments
Pros
Health, Vision, Dental Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Great opportunity everyone I've met and seems is happy
Consultant (Current Employee) –  CT MASeptember 2, 2014
Most of the people in the NJ home office are friends or relatives and all seem very happy which was very unusual, but refreshing. They hire many on recommendations form others at work. I was recommended to them from a friend.

From what I've seen the the home office is a great place to work.. They must pay well too.

I'm on the road selling and it's one of the easiest sales I've ever come across. More of a lay down. They give you as many leads as you can handle and most are very warm. You can develop your own if you'd like too, and much of the business is from customer referrals.

They give you the latitude to make it or not with a modicum of training and support. So you need to be quasi-intelligent, a quick learner and know how to get things done or find answers. You can make a substantial living once you build your pipeline.

Mgt gets back quickly to assist and other consultants help also especially when you are new.

You are an employee but more like an independent rep. As long as you produce no one bothers you. You will become a road warrior and it helps if your vehicle gets good gas mileage.

They have few meetings and they are usually informative and short.

They are growing and expanding and as long as the ( programs $$$ and incentives are strong SOLAR will be strong) I think in the next ten years there will be a huge SOLAR boom. As more states see the benefits and institute incentives it could be really BIG!

It is truly a win-win for everyone especially the customers. We save them considerably, lock in their rate for 20 years (What will that be worth
  more... in the future?) and produce for them on average between 30% and 110% of their electricity consumption.

Truly Win Win for everyone!
Pros
Not a typical coprorate culture, no plotitcs! Great atmosphere, expanding, good pay, great future, state of the are elecronic tools
Cons
They are working on better training.
At least you get 40 hours
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJApril 29, 2013
The company started out very enjoyable. You are trained in the field. After that, your pretty much self taught. Co workers are the only reason i can go to work anymore. Compensation barely happens. Management has lost sight of their employees.
Pros
Very good if you want a steady job.
Cons
Dont expect anything for hard work.
helped installed solar on roofs
hekper (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJDecember 15, 2012
got to the shop around 6:30 am loaded trucks with materials left shop around 7-7:15 headed to job site, at job site we would unload and set up the latter so we could get on to the roof, once on the roof we would lay down feet, flashing's, and rails after measuring the roof.then after a great 8 hours of working on the roof we would pack up the truck and head back to the shop.What i learned from this job is how to install solar.The management at trinity solar was very far they were good to you and treated you with the utmost respect. Some of my co-workers were very good and genouris people that became my friends but their were others that i did not personaly work with that you had to watch every little thing you did or say because they would run back to the super and tell on you. The hardest part of the job was carrying solar panels up a extension latter on a windy day. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people and being able to have a good time at work
Pros
good health and dental plan
Cons
got paid for the ride to the job site, did not get paid for the ride back to the shop

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Solar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2