Trinity Solar Employee Reviews in United States

Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTMay 28, 2016
Great company for the self-motivated salesperson who is willing to do the work to generate new customers and create business.
worst solar company in the north east!!!
Residential Solar Electrician (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTMay 5, 2016
This company is full of unqualified people who only have a job because they are related to one of the bosses!! They work you raw, and pay terrible.
Pros
Cons
entire job!!
great
Measurer/Installer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 13, 2016
good place to work for if you want to learn about solar and how to become a solar installer, i would recommend this company to anyone looking to learn how to install solar
Pros
great company
Cons
nothing negative about the company
An incredible opportunity to build your own career
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 4, 2016
At first I was skeptical, it all sounded too good to be true. The ability to set my own hours, dictate how much income I could make, and building an office how I envisioned. The longer I stay with Trinity the more I find out how it's a tight run ship where people are viewed as just that, people. The values of the company are at the forefront "God, People, Money" - in that order. The hardest part of the job is motivating yourself and getting out there and hustling. The best part of the job is knowing that I am helping people save money and putting the utility companies out of business. 50 years from now, my grandkids are going to be talking about how their 'grandpappy' was one of the pioneers who led the renewable initiatives.
Pros
Fun culture, benefits, income potential, career growth
Cons
you get out what you put in
Energized office
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJDecember 3, 2015
Good work place but the commission only pay is terrible. You can make a sale then not make any in weeks. I don't know how anyone can make a living doing this and paying bills.
Pros
great office
Cons
terrible pay and selfish empolyees only worry about their sales
Productive and Beneficial
Scheduling Specialist / Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJOctober 16, 2014
Make outgoing calls
Receive incoming calls
Make appointments
Re-schedule appointments
Pros
health, vision, dental benefits
Cons
short breaks
Great opportunity everyone I've met and seems is happy
Consultant (Current Employee) –  CT MASeptember 2, 2014
Most of the people in the NJ home office are friends or relatives and all seem very happy which was very unusual, but refreshing. They hire many on recommendations form others at work. I was recommended to them from a friend.

From what I've seen the the home office is a great place to work.. They must pay well too.

I'm on the road selling and it's one of the easiest sales I've ever come across. More of a lay down. They give you as many leads as you can handle and most are very warm. You can develop your own if you'd like too, and much of the business is from customer referrals.

They give you the latitude to make it or not with a modicum of training and support. So you need to be quasi-intelligent, a quick learner and know how to get things done or find answers. You can make a substantial living once you build your pipeline.

Mgt gets back quickly to assist and other consultants help also especially when you are new.

You are an employee but more like an independent rep. As long as you produce no one bothers you. You will become a road warrior and it helps if your vehicle gets good gas mileage.

They have few meetings and they are usually informative and short.

They are growing and expanding and as long as the ( programs $$$ and incentives are strong SOLAR will be strong) I think in the next ten years there will be a huge SOLAR boom. As more states see the benefits and institute incentives it could be really BIG!

It is truly a win-win for everyone especially the customers. We save them considerably, lock in their rate for 20 years (What will that be worth in the future?)
  more... and produce for them on average between 30% and 110% of their electricity consumption.

Truly Win Win for everyone!
Pros
not a typical coprorate culture, no plotitcs! great atmosphere, expanding, good pay, great future, state of the are elecronic tools
Cons
they are working on better training.
helped installed solar on roofs
hekper (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJDecember 15, 2012
got to the shop around 6:30 am loaded trucks with materials left shop around 7-7:15 headed to job site, at job site we would unload and set up the latter so we could get on to the roof, once on the roof we would lay down feet, flashing's, and rails after measuring the roof.then after a great 8 hours of working on the roof we would pack up the truck and head back to the shop.What i learned from this job is how to install solar.The management at trinity solar was very far they were good to you and treated you with the utmost respect. Some of my co-workers were very good and genouris people that became my friends but their were others that i did not personaly work with that you had to watch every little thing you did or say because they would run back to the super and tell on you. The hardest part of the job was carrying solar panels up a extension latter on a windy day. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people and being able to have a good time at work
Pros
good health and dental plan
Cons
got paid for the ride to the job site, did not get paid for the ride back to the shop
A lot of potential but too many issues
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAOctober 14, 2012
A company out of NJ that has expanded into MA to capitalize on the booming solar market. However no research or planning was done for the expansion. Poor management and poor work conditions with unrealistic expectations. Coworkers have bad attitudes and expend more energy trying to make others look bad than doing good work. Management turns a blind eye or acknowledges a problem and then does nothing about it.
Pros
potential
Cons
everything else

Want to know more about Trinity Solar?

Ask a question