Trinity Transportation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Terrible
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIJuly 24, 2017
Trinity named their company based on their religion what a croc. The owner down takes no responsibility how they treat their employees from wages to jobs.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive place to work for. With many locations
Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 29, 2017
Trinity has many locations that a driver can relocate to. they also has charter bus to drive. Owner always have respect for the drivers. trinity is a place that as long as you leave on good terms you can always go back and work there.
Pros
Allows drivers to return to work
Cons
Need to pay a competitive pay rate
Management is well intentioned/supportive
Supervisor/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MI 48192June 22, 2017
Manage my location by myself. Trinity management allows for minimal supervision to me and my staff.

Trinity has been purchased by National Express. Unknown at present how this will impact overall management of Trinity and it's various locations.
Cookouts
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER/ON BOARD INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIJune 1, 2017
Again trinity transportation is brand new to the cleveland transportation market. They have provided one of the greatest managers I have ever worked for
I absolutely love working for Trinity!
DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIMay 22, 2017
Trinity has a great benefit package and treats their employees with respect! Compensation is great and the company overall is like one big family! I would recommend this company to anyone seeking employment!
I liked working with the kids.
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIMay 9, 2017
Trinity Transportation was a good place to work. I liked that we only worked Monday -Friday off weekends and for the summer. I was a bus aide that worked with special needs children.
Productive, high energy, fast place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIMay 2, 2017
This job was a fast paced environment. You had to be on your toes for any potential incidents and/or accidents. It was a constant stream of communication between the countless drivers and the work that needed to be assigned.
Cons
healthcare wasnt affordable
It was my first job out of college so it's hard to judge but I was fairly satisfied with most things there.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2017
Lots of people got away with things they shouldn't have because they were boss favorites. I was so fresh out of college and knew so much about Excel that it became all I was used for. I never got to learn that tools of the trade because I was too busy making advanced Excel reports that maybe only one other person there knew how to make.
Pros
fun atmosphere, everyone had offices
Cons
Cons for me personally was just getting stuck into making nothing but Excel Reports.
If you love children then this is a position for you
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Ecorse, MIMarch 21, 2017
Day to day I picked up children and became very attached to them because I love children. It can become a little hectic when you have some children that are disruptive. Nonetheless for the most part the children were really good.
Pros
Time off to spend with your children when the kids are out of school
Cons
healthcare, unemployment, pay raise
over worked
Dispatcher Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 14, 2017
The skills I leaned, I learned on my own there is no formal training. management sits at their desk and binge watch the office staff all day. most drivers come to work when they feel like it and are not willing to do anything extra. drivers come to work just to request time off work.
Pros
unlimited overtime
have no concern for drivers safty
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  cleveland,ohMarch 7, 2017
drivers are not important at this company their safety means nothing. this is not a place for any civilized person to work. the requirements are to much for a driver to properly focus on their driving, fill out two different paper work, constantly deal with unruly children alone.
Pros
Cons
not driver friendly
relaxing job, NO stress
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIFebruary 18, 2017
I come to work clock in, speak with dispatch, get my equipment, go to my security vehicle, secure the property, do a walk around and observe vehicles entering and exiting the property, and record on company paperwork.
Pros
relax enviroment
Cons
sometimes lonely
Cleveland location rocks.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 2, 2017
Cleveland manager goes above and beyond and does what's needed to assist us drivers. He is not afraid to jump in and do a route or help us clean windows. He is dedicated to making sure our staff is happy and has a way of making both drivers, schools and customers happy.
Trinity is a great place to work and many of perks along the way.
Pros
We always get fed, great pay, new buses
Cons
Lots really full
over worked, under paid, no appreciation. Terrible management
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIJanuary 22, 2017
I worked here for 10 years. No advancement in pay and when we did get a raise people that just hired in came in at 50 cents less that those of us who had been there 10 plus years. Shady management will force you to switch from school bus to motorcoach to avoid paying you overtime. Constant turnover in office personnel, terminal manager and dispatchers for school bus treat employees like garbage. Absolutely no appreciation for going the extra mile, and no incentive to stay here! No work/home balance your life will be nothing but Trinity. 12-18 hours on the job only for them to find an excuse to only pay you for 8-10 hours of it.
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay, shady management, over worked
Great company to work for.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIDecember 28, 2016
Great company to work for.

Many hours available.
Pros
Many hours available.
Cons
split shifts
No Employee Moral
Motor coach Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIDecember 27, 2016
Employees are never sure exactly when they are going to work, leaving us to always have to call each individual atleast 3X to confirm there daily schedule.If they dont answer your sorta S.O.L and have to find replacement. There are not enough Drivers to staff the Motorcoach division, leaving us to always pull from the School Bus Driver division and they are limited on the bus size they can drive. With the low pay, and being under appreciated its hard to find employees willing to cover trips.All in all very stressful workplace.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay, employee moral
mostly great customers and school kids....nice management.
Chauffeur/Driver (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIDecember 19, 2016
long days....low pay.
Starting at 6 am to 6pm...6 days a week was rough...
Dealing with morning and evening rush hours also taxed your patience at times...
Overall customer service satisfaction reward was nice to help special needs children....and the elderly.
Fair place to work at
School Bus Driver and Shuttle (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 4, 2016
This is a ,good company to work for you can get a lot of overtime. Depending on what kind of route you they offer you, you can work at least 8 hours a day. Great benefits. Great people.
If you know how to hustle and make good tips youll be good
Cab Driver (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MINovember 14, 2016
If you like long nights or days cab driving or bus driving this is the place for you. I was a cabbie for them and made real good tips cause i had pre exsisting clients also made my own schedule. Some nights i could make 500 to 1000 in tips. If you learn where to go to find clients and do routes good and accommodate to the customer you will succed in good tip making.
But managment sucks and you better watch your checks and your co workers jealousy. Cause people got jealous that i was making more in tips then they did in total for both through the week.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Not a career advancing place
Dishonest co
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIAugust 15, 2016
Before you drive a taxi for this company you should know that every day you work they take an hour out of your paycheck for lunch. I mention this because they won't tell you. They also won't tell you that they don't give you your credit card tips. They use those to help pay your base wage which is 8.50 per hour. This is a job where you can work for them driving a taxi for twenty years and never get one paid day off. You pick up a lot of people on nights who don't tip. All the good customers use Uber.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, bad management, terrible dispatchers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7