Trinity University Employee Reviews

Rewarding Experience
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2017
Although the "job" was considered a class, wherein peer tutors must attend class and are given course credit, the work was like having an immersive tutoring job. Tutors do not have to complete assignments but are expected to understand the course content well enough to assist students in their assignments and studying. Getting to help students improve is incredibly rewarding and I would recommend it for anyone who is interested in teaching.
Operations
Student-Athlete (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2017
Was a work study job to help aid in paying for tuition.
Learned how to organize a group of people to complete a common objective. Work hours were limited throughout the week because the nature of my job was directly related to sport events. Enjoyed watching sports and working with friends.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Often took place at night during study hours
Fun Workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2017
It was great to be a lifeguard there because the hours were flexible with my school hours and we were able to choose when to work and everyone was really kind. It was great because I was a swimmer for Trinity, so whenever I had some extra time, I would lifeguard.
On campus job
Intramural Sports Program Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2017
I worked for the University throughout my college career. The job was extremely flexible. It gave me great opportunities to really grow as a person with the responsibilities that were given to me in my position.
Fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2017
The workplace was friendly and the people you work with become good friends. The manager is sweet and cares for all his employees, ensuring a safe environment
Great boss
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2017
I loved working there for work study in undergrad. Learned a great skill that I still use today. My boss was great and worked with people's schedules. Fun environment.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay
Good
Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
The job place was nice and simple man. This was a college job. I handed out equipment and helped organize events. The management was great and The guy was nice.
Very profesional
Application Processer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2017
People were easy to get along with. Hard working and dedicated to the students. Very helpful and showed you so much on how to work on certain projects.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
n/a
Pretty cool
Tiger Network, Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2017
I've had two jobs at the same time while attending classes. The managers are extremely understanding and let you build your schedule. As long as your work is done, you'll have nothing to worry about.
Great work place with great people
Lab Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2017
I typical work day is laid back, but very productive. Management is very understanding and schedules are very flexible to fit my schedule. I enjoy talking to the other employees the most.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not enough pay
Work environment allowed us to both excel at our job and have fun doing it.
Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 30, 2016
A typical day was to go in the office and check on the nightly game schedule, email team captains and referees to remind them that they work that night. Then at night, I would go to the games and supervise to insure that everything ran smoothly.
I learned how to be an effective communicator and leader by showing me team members how to correctly perform their jobs and ensure a quality experience for the intramural participants.
Management did a good job ensuring that we had everything we needed to be successful at our duties.
My co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was supervising basketball games, in which participants would regularly get riled up and it was my duty to step in and calm everyone down so that we could conduct the games in a safe and fun environment. In some cases I had to eject certain individuals from games because of their lack of sportsmanship.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be a part of the fun work environment that we had, especially during flag football, basketball, and sand volleyball seasons, which were the funnest in my opinion.
Not so good
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 17, 2016
I enjoyed the students and staff but the overall environment was not so health. I enjoyed my work and assisting and helping when I was able to.
Pros
Great holidays
Cons
HR Manager
A good job for a busy student
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 8, 2016
If you've registered for less than 18 hours a semester, this is a perfect job to earn money (and a workout) on the side. It's also a very interesting way to meet the faculty and staff who you otherwise would never have known. The work is very simple - filing, copying, running mail, and reconciling receipts to bank statements - and typical to an office position.
Great
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 25, 2016
I liked teaching university but the student caliber was lower than i cared for.

It was not challenging and frustrating to teach graduates students who had limited knowledge of teh subject.
Good workplace
ITS Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2016
Very friendly environment, and you get the opportunity to meet people from many different backgrounds that helps your networking.
Great place to work at!
Alumni Information Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Trinity offers great benefits which include paid holidays and vacations. During our Christmas break, the university shuts for two weeks, which is also included as a paid holiday. Excellent co-workers which always makes the job more exciting.
Erm
Dir, Environmental Safety and Health Department (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Senior Management easily persuaded by politicians that don't have the University in their best interest only their personal gain. An example is recent emphasis and tasking by the BoT to embrace Enterprise Risk Management. An AVP for Risk Management was appointed over a year ago and still has no clue what ERM entails or how to implement it. AVP refuses to entertain recommendations or suggestions.
Pros
Great people working at the boots on the ground level.
Cons
Politicians out for themselves.
Good community
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2014
Everyone works together and ensure that tasks are done correctly and in a timely manner. The people in charge have the person's best interest at heart.
Outstanding Place to Work
Director EH&S and Univ EMC (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2014
Work environment is excellent. Co-Workers and students are very pleasant to work with/for. Beautiful and well maintained campus. Always something new and interesting comes up every day to challenge you.
Benefits
Cons
Financial ups and downs depending upon enrollment.
Medium
Student - Program of Studies (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 13, 2014
• Foundations of Management provide an overview of key concepts and practices in the field of management and organization which include structure and design, decision making, goals and effectiveness, culture and performance measures.
• Managerial Accounting which include process costing, manufacturing costs, cost terms (fixed v. variable, direct v. indirect, and product v. period costs), cost-volume-profit analysis, capital budgeting, and standard costs and variance analysis.
• Theory and Practice of Marketing which addresses the principles and processes in the marketing of consumer goods and services and the organizational and environmental variables that has to be managed in order to be successful. Course materials focus on the essential components of the marketing mix, including product development, distribution, pricing policies, and promotional strategies.
• Theories of Leadership which survey significant leadership theories discuss current leadership issues (ethics, motivation, conflict) and relate theory to practice through case discussion.
• People Management is the introduction to managing the organization's primary competitive resource, namely, people. In addition, to the operational issues (recruitment, selection, development and retention) emphasis is placed on key ethical and social issues of diversity, work-life balance, and development of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) norms/codes within organizations.
• Business, Government, and Society which provides an introductory examination primarily of macroeconomic theory and policy. Its purpose is to assist
  more... non-economists in dealing with real world economic issues. The course deals with such topics as economic growth, money and taxes, the balance of payments, exchange rates, international trade, business cycles, and financial markets.
• Understanding Global Institutions which provide a foundation to both understand and analyze the key global institutional structures that shape our daily behavior(s). To do this, we will "unpack" ideas such as markets/ consumption/ organizational behavior as well system, structure and recent thinking about sustainability. Our discussions will be multi-disciplinary, drawing on economics, sociology, political science and organizational science. We will move from the events of everyday living to the "big picture" thinking of global institutions.