Trinity University Employee Reviews

A good job for a busy student
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 8, 2016
If you've registered for less than 18 hours a semester, this is a perfect job to earn money (and a workout) on the side. It's also a very interesting way to meet the faculty and staff who you otherwise would never have known. The work is very simple - filing, copying, running mail, and reconciling receipts to bank statements - and typical to an office position.
Not so good
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 17, 2016
I enjoyed the students and staff but the overall environment was not so health. I enjoyed my work and assisting and helping when I was able to.
Pros
Great holidays
Cons
HR Manager
Great
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 25, 2016
I liked teaching university but the student caliber was lower than i cared for.

It was not challenging and frustrating to teach graduates students who had limited knowledge of teh subject.
Good workplace
ITS Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2016
Very friendly environment, and you get the opportunity to meet people from many different backgrounds that helps your networking.
Erm
Dir, Environmental Safety and Health Department (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Senior Management easily persuaded by politicians that don't have the University in their best interest only their personal gain. An example is recent emphasis and tasking by the BoT to embrace Enterprise Risk Management. An AVP for Risk Management was appointed over a year ago and still has no clue what ERM entails or how to implement it. AVP refuses to entertain recommendations or suggestions.
Pros
Great people working at the boots on the ground level.
Cons
Politicians out for themselves.
Great family oriented institution
Office/Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC May 1, 2013
I assisted the Director of Business Programs along with the Director of Academic Advising. I coordinated all special events, and travel for department (showcases, orientations, meetings, and recruiting). I also purchased and processed all supplies and materials, special projects billing and budgeting for the entire department. I assisted in preparing students for registration and student assessments.

Pros
quiet atmosphere
Cons
low pay
boring, inefficient workplace
Records and Data Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2012
filing, sorting, assembling applications, and entering information onto the system

learned from talking with co-workers

management was highly inefficient and lazy, got very little done, co-workers did not do work when supervisor wasn't in the room

hardest part was taking orders from incompetent people and knowing that i could do their job better than they can

it was a job, most enjoyable part was the friendly atmosphere
Pros
friendly atmosphere, flexible
Cons
frustrating experience
can not hink of a better place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Washington, D.C. - USAMay 28, 2013
Although the work load although challenging the resources make for a pleasant work environment. The staff is always professional and courtious. All assignments are carried out in a timely manner and requiements are always reasonable.
Pros
It is located in the nation's capital, the resource library is state of the art and the instructors are outstanding.
Cons
sometimes the hours cans be long
Had its good points and bad.
Records and Data Processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2013
First off, the other review for the position is incorrect. I worked with her before and she made so many mistakes that me and others were fixing her mistakes for WEEKS after she left. She also gave no notice, she quit during our busiest time and left us high and dry.

Anyways, my coworkers were great. The work would come and go, the busiest season was from Late Sept-Mid April, from then on it was busy some days and slow the others.

I didn't really get along with my manager too well, there was some communication issues, which were fixed towards the end of my employment but I thought it was best to leave and start a new career that pertained to my degree.

There was mandatory overtime during the busy season, there was no way to get around it. There were also some Saturday work days, but they were only once a month, and you did receive overtime pay.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Fast-pace and fun workplace
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2013
I performed campus tour guides, sent mail correspondence to perspective students, stepped in as a relief receptionist, completed light filing and answered multiple telephone lines. This experience provided me with excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently.
Great place to work at!
Alumni Information Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Trinity offers great benefits which include paid holidays and vacations. During our Christmas break, the university shuts for two weeks, which is also included as a paid holiday. Excellent co-workers which always makes the job more exciting.
Outstanding Place to Work
Director EH&S and Univ EMC (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2014
Work environment is excellent. Co-Workers and students are very pleasant to work with/for. Beautiful and well maintained campus. Always something new and interesting comes up every day to challenge you.
Benefits
Cons
Financial ups and downs depending upon enrollment.
Part time soccer asst.
Assistant Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasDecember 29, 2012
Working with a college program was great. The players were very responsive and loved to play soccer. Coaching was easy. The funnest part of coaching at the college level was the travel. We would travel to many out of state games and saw a lot of the country.
Pros
travel
Cons
extra time away.
Review Summary
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2013
My day at work is early morning get ready to prep for students
talk with coworkers whats going on with them we laugh, sing tell each about our families,l enjoy being around the students.
Pros
The hours
Cons
our breaks
Good community
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2014
Everyone works together and ensure that tasks are done correctly and in a timely manner. The people in charge have the person's best interest at heart.
strong academics
athletic employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2013
-supervising student/athletes

-management was strong

-not having athletic scholarships made recruiting tough

-great facilities
Athetic Training Assisant
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 11, 2013
Make sure practices and games fields had all necessary supplies
Medium
Student - Program of Studies (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 13, 2014
• Foundations of Management provide an overview of key concepts and practices in the field of management and organization which include structure and design, decision making, goals and effectiveness, culture and performance measures.
• Managerial Accounting which include process costing, manufacturing costs, cost terms (fixed v. variable, direct v. indirect, and product v. period costs), cost-volume-profit analysis, capital budgeting, and standard costs and variance analysis.
• Theory and Practice of Marketing which addresses the principles and processes in the marketing of consumer goods and services and the organizational and environmental variables that has to be managed in order to be successful. Course materials focus on the essential components of the marketing mix, including product development, distribution, pricing policies, and promotional strategies.
• Theories of Leadership which survey significant leadership theories discuss current leadership issues (ethics, motivation, conflict) and relate theory to practice through case discussion.
• People Management is the introduction to managing the organization's primary competitive resource, namely, people. In addition, to the operational issues (recruitment, selection, development and retention) emphasis is placed on key ethical and social issues of diversity, work-life balance, and development of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) norms/codes within organizations.
• Business, Government, and Society which provides an introductory examination primarily of macroeconomic theory and policy. Its purpose is to assist
  more... non-economists in dealing with real world economic issues. The course deals with such topics as economic growth, money and taxes, the balance of payments, exchange rates, international trade, business cycles, and financial markets.
• Understanding Global Institutions which provide a foundation to both understand and analyze the key global institutional structures that shape our daily behavior(s). To do this, we will "unpack" ideas such as markets/ consumption/ organizational behavior as well system, structure and recent thinking about sustainability. Our discussions will be multi-disciplinary, drawing on economics, sociology, political science and organizational science. We will move from the events of everyday living to the "big picture" thinking of global institutions.