Triple Canopy

Triple Canopy Employer Reviews

it was an experience
FORCE PROTECTION OFFICER/DBIDS (Current Employee), KuwaitJune 28, 2013
It was just OK, it could have been much better. This is all I want to say at this point no more>
Security
Force Protection Officer (Current Employee), KuwaitMay 4, 2013
Cons: away from family
Overall a good company to work for; Long hours and short periods of time off. Good pay
We had all games including soccer
security guard (Former Employee), Endeavor IraqApril 10, 2013
Pros: free airtime
Cons: healthycare & short breaks
I worked with triple canopy for a year, but believe me it was a great experience. They at triple-canopy respect their employees & give good benefits. i was at Fob Endeavor from 2010-11Great company i must say!
Not what is seems
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee), Camp Buehring, KuwaitFebruary 28, 2013
i was told 12 hour days, 6 days a week

ended up being 18 hour days which included 4 hours unpaid travel time a day
overmanning results in sending people home each week, with no pay for that day, which resulted in 4-5 day work weeks

compensation was not paid at appropriate rate, for anything

promotions were difficult, as they used old boy system, – more... anyone new did not have a chance.

job was easy, basic guard duties – less
Great company to work for.
Force Protection Officer - KBOSS Project (Current Employee), KuwaitFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: salory
Cons: sleeping hours
Great company to work for if you are looking to do a contracting job and are willing to work and live overseas.
good place to work
Asst Shift Supervisor for Camp Arifjan (Current Employee), kuwaitJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: good leadership
Continually evaluate the security force by means of exercises,
observations and post visitations. Provide on the spot corrections when
deficiencies are noted.
• Provide supervision for 14 Sergeants in the performance of their duties.
• Coordinate post relief and breaks as necessary.
• Assume direct control of response forces for emergency responses.
 – more... Orchestrate the formation and employment of follow-on forces when
necessary. Serve as the On-Scene Commander for all incidents or accidents of
significant proportion, until relieved by proper personnel. Establish
appropriate cordons and designate a Command Post through which all
actions are coordinated.
• Ensure that all administrative tasks, such as time sheets and duty
schedules, are completed correctly, are on time and are presented in an
organized manner. – less

January 30, 2013

I just submitted my resume and completed an application for Triple Canopy in Kuwait. I have about 8 years experience in Security Forces and would be interested in becoming a member of Triple Canopy. What Is the hiring process like? and how will I be notified if I am or am not being considered?

Out of this world
Logistics manager (Current Employee), Reston VaDecember 31, 2012
Pros: free lunch, gym membership and free housing
Cons: being away from home
Working from Triple Canopy in Baghdad Iraq has been a great experience for me. I been able to meet a lot of great personnel day in and day out. I first started working with them working with Deparment of Defense supporting different contracts through out Iraq. I then moved to another deparment working directly under Regional Security Officers for Deparment – more... of State. I love my job I get to travel throught out Iraq doing inventories the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing we help Worldwide Protective Security personnel achieve their missions daily. – less
Productive, fast pace, knowledgeable work environment
Law Enforcement Support Officer (Current Employee), KuwaitDecember 19, 2012
Day starts with reviewing the calls for service from the past shift, taking calls for service via phone and walk ins, dispatching units, reviewing reports and citations.

I have learned the differant type of calls and more indept UCMJ laws then from the civilian side of police work, as well has how government contracting works.

Management is very approachable

Co-works – more... are all team players willing to help eachother out.

Hardest part of the job equipment malfunctions radios not working at times.

Being able to support my family and helping others in a time of need. – less
TC
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), camp speicher, TIkrit,IraqOctober 23, 2012
due to the draw back jobs are limited in iraq. great company, cant say much more than that.
No structure
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee), KuwaitSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: quality of life
Triple Canopy itself is not a bad company, it is the leadership and structure in there Kuwait contract that needs much need improvement. A employee is treated as a number and expendable. There is no room for advancement.
Amazing life experince.
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee), Camp Virginia, KUWAITAugust 15, 2012
Pros: protecting our great nation.
Would recommend everyone serve there country. You get up at 0500 workout. Then start your training for the day. Everyday brings something new to the table. I managed a squad of marines 15-20 people at any given time. The people you work with look up to you so you serve as a role model and mentor them. The hardest part is when you make the desision to – more... stay or get out. – less
it was a good experience
security (Former Employee), USA Embassy Baghdad IraqJune 13, 2012
my job there it was supervisor of static security into the USA embassy of baghdad
i learned the primary the English and about more security procedures
and culture in general in many countries
work with many colleagues of different countries
the hardest part of the job it was the long time in our positions even without day off in a long time
the most – more... enjoyable part of the job it was were the days when we deposited the salary – less
Very nice living accommodations, hard working team members, Great dogs
Kennel Master Advisor/ Tracking Dog Handler (Former Employee), West Papua, IndonesiaMay 30, 2012
Pros: compensation, brand new environment, quality of canines, quality of trainers, individual vehicles
Cons: monotonous, little ways to communicate with loved ones
Indonesia was my first experience as an actual tracker dog trainer. Although I had worked alongside tracker teams in the past, I was now getting the chance to train myself as well as others. I picked up the fundamentals and techniques rather quickly thanks to the team that was already in place when I got on site. I was also fortunate enough to take – more... classes with my interpreter (certified instructor) on beginner level Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language).

Every morning the team, who all lived in the same 3 bedroom house, would wake up at 0630 and head out to the kennels where we began kennel care and walked all dogs. We would then go back to the house and get ready for our work day to begin. Each having our own vehicles, we would start to head back to the kennels and load up our dogs as well as our interpreters and the Indonesian BRIMOB police force that we were training to become handlers. Once loaded up each team would take off to our designated posts where we would be on standby incase any reports broke out about persons trying to cut into pipes that were transporting liquid gold down the mountain. If this happened it was our job to quickly react and assemble our team as well as coordinate with the Indonesian Army to go into the jungle and track the perpetrator(s). On days that we did not utilize, we trained dogs and/or conducted hip pocket classes on dog training and obedience as well as tactical procedures while handling a canine.

Management and co-workers were all very experienced and very helpful during my adaptation period. If there was a problem, it was addressed and taken care of quickly and professionally. They listened to all team members, taking any and all advice that we recommended seriously.

The hardest part of the job was being away from loved ones. Also, there was constant rain, vegetation and humidity which was a lot different from anywhere I had ever needed to acclimatize. The most enjoyable part was being around the dogs, training in the jungle and up the mountains, as well as learning about a different culture. – less
Hurry Up & Wait
N/A (Former Employee), kuwaitMay 10, 2012
As most companies go in the contractor field. This one is par. Corporate site says deployment 90-120 days with vacation. Not true. Might be somewhere else if you are at mangement level. Kuwait you are fortunate if you get your yearly 240 hours based on a 48 hour schedule. Its done by first come first serve and percentage of personnel gone at one time. – more... PERCENTAGE IS LOW SO NO GO. Also block leave must be submitted i.e. Sunday thriugh Saturday. Normal work hours are 72 a week. A stated before in comparison the company is par. Has its problems. Surely not like the old CSA. No click. No go was their type and sad to say some of those same personnel are still here and in management. Should have cleaned house. Its definitely a hurry up and wait situation. Not much communication unless its a new directive that benefits. Not the employee. So whats new, most contactor companies are the same. Its all about the bottom end. – less
Overview
Force Protection Officer (Former Employee), KuwaitMarch 6, 2012
Triple Canopy was a great company to work for and the benefits were outstanding. The work/life balance was hard to maintain due to the job I worked was overseas in Kuwait and worked a 72 hour week. The company itself is a professional outfit and a great place to work.
I bay teckets for the passengers and i do the visa for them in iraq
Expeditor (Former Employee), BaghdadOctober 21, 2014
Pros: i like my job
Cons: n/a
I do all the same job all passengers I mean costumer serves and I take the passengers from the Baghdad international airport to the green zoon
Great Place to work
Weapons and Ammunition Coordinator (Former Employee), IraqOctober 19, 2014
Overseas work in Iraq not for everyone but it worked for me. It contractor work working with the Dept of State. I worked in a group that operated in various operation throughout the country.
Make sure to save up for your plane ticket first thing
Fixed Site Security Guard (Former Employee), IsraelSeptember 26, 2014
The training was great, but when we got to the site, it was awful. The management treated employees like dirt, if they were unhappy his response was that they could leave whenever they wanted (after paying for their own plane ticket home) and that they had "127 other applicants" just waiting to take their place. Turnover was high and almost as if they – more... were hoping you wouldn't make it to a year. Complaints to the corporate office resulted in the manager being told you had an issue which led to retaliation and you would be a target until he could fire you. They might operate on legal terms, but the majority of the things that I saw were not ethical. You're just a number to them, so essentially, use it as an opportunity to work on an alternate career, save some money, travel a bit, and then get out ASAP. – less
Good Pay and benefits
Armed Security/Force Protection Officer (Former Employee), AfghanistanSeptember 15, 2014
Great place meeting diversity people from different part of US and becoming friends with them.
Great Opportunity
Shift Leader (Former Employee), BaghdadSeptember 3, 2014
Great company to work. Had no issues with job performance or advancement

About Triple Canopy

True to its name, Triple Canopy's got your safety covered. Offering a broad range of security services, the company mitigates – Read more