Triple Crown Services Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment that is different everyday
Maintenance & Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 11, 2015
in the trucking business no two days are the same. At TCS everyday was a new challenge meeting new goals and challenging obstacals head on, in order to meet both company and customer expectations.
Pros
New challenges every day
Cons
24 hour operation
A great work "family" enviroment.
Collections Processor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 19, 2015
A very satisfying job. I enjoyed every aspect of Triple Crown Services except the commute.

From management to the employees, everyone was friendly even though this was a fast paced enviroment in the road/rail industry.
Pros
Business casual attire (blue jeans)
Cons
Long commute.
Great company to work for.
National Accounts Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 16, 2015
I enjoyed by career at Triple Crown Services. Unfortunately, our parent company is in the process of restructuring our organization.

Fun work place with supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a transportation company that has to meet customs regulations. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside my colleagues while managing high profile National Accounts.

The position was very detailed-oriented that allowed me the ability to plan, coordinate, over-see, research, and effectively resolve customer and driver related issues.
Friendly environment, good people.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 13, 2015
I thought it was a great place to work, 8 years @ Triple Crown (Gold Watch) had a nice run there, meet some good dispatchers there," had an accident (got out of the truck, went to college.)"
Pros
Company meetings are great, the food is always top notch.
Cons
"Mode valves and underpasses, stay alert. Safety first!"
Great while it lasted
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 10, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. I went from a clerk to a Manager. My coworkers and I have been together a long time. It will be sad to see everyone leave.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
We are transitioning to an automotive entity
Great people to work with.
Fort Worth Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2015
Good company to work for. Enjoyed the people I worked with, they were supportive in anything we needed. Would still work there if they weren't downsizing.
Enjoyable Working Environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne INOctober 21, 2015
Planning freight on drivers to perform on a daily basis. Making sure that we are on time to make our appts. I learned how to work with drivers to complete the loads that were given to them. The hardest part of the job was making sure the drivers were running ontime.
Pros
Good workplace
EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK AT
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 20, 2015
FIX TRAILERS, GREAT CO WORKERS, WAS GREAT TO WORK AND LEARN OJT BOUT EVERTHING ON TRAILERS, LEARNED HOW TO FIX BOGIES AND TRAILERS BROKE DOWN ON THE RAILROAD ITSELF
Pros
EXCELLENT BENEFITS AND PAY
Cons
WASNT OWNED BY TRIPLE CROWN
Fast paced dispatching with hard working coworkers
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 15, 2015
Our parent company is restructuring and will not be using Triple Crown Services in the near future. We're not sure of the exact end date. I have put a lot of hard work in the 9+ years that I have been employed there. Coworkers are generally friendly. I get along with the people I directly work with daily.The benefits are good.
Great company
Parts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 7, 2015
Had the business not been restructured; I would not be searching for employment.The compensation and benefits were above average.
Good Company to work for
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 7, 2015
I've been with triple Crown for almost 15 years. Over all they were a good company to work for. The pay was good, vacation and holiday time was generous, annual reviews, merit raises and bonus incentives are all part of everyone's package. Health insurance was decent.

Unfortunately, on 9/18/15, all Triple Crown employees were informed that our parent company, Norfolk Southern, was planning to "restructure" us. That means that 85% of the workforce is being eliminated leaving only a shell of the company.
Pros
Good pay, benefits and working conditions
Cons
Company is restructuring and 85% of employees are losing their jobs.
Good Benefits, Most are Overworked
Lead Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 6, 2015
Good Benefits, Most are Overworked. Management had not allows followed their own words. President is a good man who truely seems to care about his employess, simply cannot say the same for all of management.
Fun and enjoyable
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 2, 2015
We are closing due to restructuring. Was a great company. I will miss the people. I am now looking for something new. Thank you.
Pros
Free Coffee and Ice
Good working company.
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 27, 2015
Good company, with nice work ethic and very professional. They were very helpful on financial aid when the equipment was needed and that is very critical point for an owner operator.
Pros
Payed weekly salary on time
Fast Paced Envirnoment, great co-workers
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne INSeptember 21, 2015
Company is currently downsizing by over 80%. Was very challenging and you never master the posistion. Coworkers havea good work ethic and you do feel like part of a team.
Great place to grow
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 20, 2015
Fun place to work with great energy. Management was supportive and was part of our everyday production. The customers were loyal. The best part were the other employees and always walking out at night knowing you made a difference today.
Great place to work if you are single and enjoy traveling.
(Independent Contractor) CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  East Point,GaApril 6, 2015
Typical work day for me is picking up and delivering freight to customers. I've learned a lot about customer service and the importance of being on time. Management is ok.
Co-workers seem to be very helpful and fun to work around.
The hardest part of the job is keeping your truck maintained and finding customers locations for the first time.
The thing I enjoy most about the job is working with no supervision and being able to get the job done at your own pace.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Balance of job and life
a very difficult setting
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 10, 2014
Very hard to get recognition due the drivers are on there own
Pros
work alone
Cons
u pay for anything u have such as medical
Great place to work if you want to be an owner operator
TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  harrisburg paJanuary 9, 2014
They have really great truck lease programs that you can purchase with your sign on bonus. Therefore you want have to worry about putting anything down on your truck.
Opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2013
No room for growth opportunity; There is not a plan put in place for growth opportunity.

4.2