TriQuint Semiconductor Employee Reviews

fun work enviorment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 6, 2016
working for triquint was fun i knew alot of people that worked we all communicated real well with work loads. supervisors where really involved with workers and what we do.
Excellent Company to work for.
Fab Operator III (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Excellent company to work for with great benefits and growth opportunity. Excellent management team and co workers. The best part of the job was the compressed shifts and having the ability to have 3-4 days off every week. The hardest part of the job was having to create production on days that inventory was low. A good day would consist of surpassing the desired goal for production in a 24 hour period. And actually producing more product than the previous shifts with zero defects.
Intel Jr.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 30, 2013
The culture has changed here over the past several years. A lot of ex Intel managment has made its way into management here at Triquint and although there have been some good changes, ie...better communication between engineers and operations and excursion response. Some things have changed for the worse. Morale is down since Triquint has went to a more heavy emphasis on a temporary workforce and quality has gone down.
Pros
Industry standard benefits
Cons
Pay scale is lower than industry average.
Great environment to work in
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 4, 2014
TriQuint was great to work for. The benefits and pay were excellent. TriQuint consistantly looked for ways to keep employees active and healthy, and work spaces were ergonomically structured for less on the job injuries.

I increased my knowledge of Outlook and furthered my computer experience in data entry and file location.
Pros
Walking challenges, monthly company meetings.
No opportunity for job growth
Operator IV (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 13, 2014
You can only advance if you personally know someone in management. Favoritism runs rampant everywhere. Moral is bad because the place is most likely to be shut down because of recent merger.
Pros
Sabatical, decent benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunity.
Good Company, Great Benefits
Computer/Fab Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 15, 2013
Good place to work. Management priorities are a little skewed, but of course that is just my own opinion.
Benefits
Cons
Compressed work week.
Great pay but, management needs improvement
Engineer Tech (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 18, 2013
A typical day involved 3+ meetings per day where managament would discuss/tell you what needed to be done and the way they wanted it done. I would leave these meeting and do what I was told. Once imcoming parts/assemblies per managements requests came in they were tested for the usual fit form and function. All but function passed. Reported my findings and corrective actions to management who did not understand why function did not pass. My corrective actions were ignored. Redesigned per managements request and again function did not pass. Sometimes it would take 3 or 5 times to get the redesigns to pass. Since my input was ignored this made learning the job a difficult task.
Pros
Willing to pay their employees what they are worth
Cons
Management does not communicate clearly
Manufacturing Technician
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJanuary 24, 2015
Management is terrible from top to bottom! Always seem to be behind in decision making. Way to many managers for company size. All location treated as separate companies with no consistency.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
everything else
Wish I had left sooner than I did
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 14, 2013
Worked there for many years. They were world class tech for a long time. That eventually devolved to the present.
If you like working in a Dilbert comic gone live, then Triquint is for you. Common hallway explanation was "it was a pointy haired decision". Lots of micro-managing.
TQS had some of the best and the brightest....which they succeeded in pushing out over the years.
They are good at responding to crisis they create on their own.
Not so good at implementing the response.
There is lots of collateral damage from the crisis remedies...you will work weekends without notice to fix managements blunders.
And management will quickly forget who put out the fires they started.
Schedules tend to be based on best case scenarios....and then you are in trouble if you are "late" on delivering on time. Never mind all of the delays that management never considered and that do happen.
Pros
The right person in the right job might like it there.
Cons
Peter Principle rampant.
12 hour permanent shifts in a fast paced production environment.
Trainer Coordinator / Lead (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 2, 2014
Detailed operations, specific to capacity and time management to the work flow. Lean manufacturing and 5S applied. ISO certified and maintained. Great team oriented environment with dynamic co-workers.
I enjoyed interfacing with other departments, conducting Facility Tours, being a member of the ERT and MRT Teams.
I held titles of Leadership during my 15 years with the company.
Pros
Company sponsored meals during holidays.
Cons
Alot of walking and standing required. Short breaks.
Enjoyment with fellow peers and friends in a friend work enviroment
Fab Operator/ERT/Internal Auditor/Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OregonApril 10, 2013
A typical day of work consists of greeting my extended friends and co-workers while getting a cup of coffee. Then I proceed in checking my daily/weekly/monthly routines while I check my work emails and specs thats been updated over the time I sleep. After a long 12 hour graveyard shift, try to lay myself asleep. I've learned how to overcome trials and tribulations that occur during my course of work for the last 5 years. Through the course of being in different areas of the company, I've learned how to work with different types of personalities of different supervisors, leads and management in general. My co-workers are diverse many ethnic backgrounds. I enjoy talking with them and catch up with their family life or even how was there weekend. The hardest part of my job is to not to stop working on toolsets when my lunch or breaks are coming up. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a close knit of people (as a team) and get the work done.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
not having enough family time because my wife works the nights that i'm off.
TriQuint is a great company to work for
Executive Assistant & Event Planner, Global Sales (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 21, 2012
• I don’t really have a typical day at work. Each one is different. Upon arriving at work I catch up on emails and phone calls that came in overnight. Most things I do are spur of the moment, which I like. It keeps my job interesting.
• The management team at TriQuint is very approachable.
• My co-workers have become more like friends and family than coworkers to me over the years.
• The most enjoyable part of my job is the variety each day brings, and the people I work with.
Great job with big pay out.
RF/ DC Lad Test Technician III (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 27, 2012
• Perform a wide variety of RF and DC measurements in support of analog and digital GaAs MMIC IC’s.
• Typical equipment experience includes Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzers, RF Signal Generators, Power Meters, Noise Figure Meters, and Agilent Meters calibrations.
• Semiconductor die probe and laser trimming experience along with general lab support of test equipment.
• Work typically includes interaction with development and / or manufacturing engineering personnel.
• Completing complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
• Work on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
• Make recommendations for new procedures.
• Class 10K clean room lab environment.
Pros
great pay checks.
Cons
to far from home. i drove 88 miles round trip a day.
place was ok overall but management not so thoughtful of its crew or some of the leads they put in place
Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 26, 2013
I did learn a lot of new skills at my time at this job and met a lot of really nice people at my time at Triquint. The work was fast pace and continual everyday which made the days go by very fast. A typical day was usually material would come in, i would inspect inbound packages, receive them into SAP against a purchase order, and either deliver to a recipient or inventory the items. Sometime forklift items that needed to be forklifted. Also would help with shipping in packaging material or to airway bill packages via UPS, FedEx, or DHL. Also learned to pull orders and package them to take over to shipping. Did cycle counts once in a while.
Pros
lots of work to keep busy and lots of good people to talk to
Cons
not much room to advance
Productive and safety is always first.
Operator I (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 10, 2014
My typical day at work would be to wipe down all surface areas to make sure it stays clean. Qualify any tools that are scheduled. Running the machines and unloading and loading them.
There is always something new to learn about a machine, or the whole process, or even about the company.
Sometimes there can be drama between coworkers, as long as you focus on your job you won't be dragged into it.
The hardest part is making sure you stay busy if there is little product coming through.
I enjoy the fact that everyone is pretty easy to talk to and learning new things everyday always helps.
Fun workplace. You will learn a lot.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 31, 2013
A busy typical day, must on your working station on time for pass down. Priority must be always a priority as far is work is concern.
I'd say excellent management. Co-workers always willing to help you when you are new to the job. No hardest part of the job as long as you paying attention getting the details straight. Knowing other co-workers i thought is enjoyable.
Pros
Free bbq, party, picnic.
Cons
Don't know.
Great Place to work
Information Systems Technician II (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OregonMay 22, 2014
The guys that I've worked with at the Engineering Dept. was a team player and willing to support one another. I've learned a lot from these guys. The managements I've worked for were supportive.

The most enjoyable part is once in a while we have a team building. We went on an adventure hiking in the woods at the Portland Zoo Park and at the end of the trail, we had lunch and beer.
Disconnected Factory
Photolithography Department level 4 operator (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 12, 2012
The Management side is strait forward and focused on its goals and the needs of the customer.
The manufactoring side is confused and disorganized . it lacks focus and the desire to perform at the level that it needs to accomplished Management and customer goals .
Pros
very willing to work with an ageing workforce
Cons
elitist attitude among workers. not a cohesive factory
Enjoy hands on manufacturing, data analysis, working and building teams to identify and solve problems to improve manufacturability.
Development Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2012
Work closely with operators, technician, process and design engineers daily to identify and solve problems. Various data analysis technique's used to identify and solver problems.

I have a 6 sigma mentality to identify and solve problems. I believe in hands on approach to engineering and problem solving.

Building teams and relationships with the people you work with is a key to success.
Place is a mess
Operator III (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 14, 2014
Worked there for several years. Management does not have their head in the game. Left hand does not know what the right is doing. If you love multiple issues and nothing solved, this place is for you. Sales thinks the factory prints business cards.

If they would listen to the factory floor as it use to years ago. They would move quickly.
Pros
People
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TriQuint Semiconductor. Our community is ready to answer.

TriQuint Semiconductor Reviews by Location