TriQuint Semiconductor

TriQuint Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Excellent Company to work for.
Fab Operator III (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Excellent company to work for with great benefits and growth opportunity. Excellent management team and co workers. The best part of the job was the compressed shifts and having the ability to have 3-4 days off every week. The hardest part of the job was having to create production on days that inventory was low. A good day would consist of surpassing the desired goal for production in a 24 hour period. And actually producing more product than the previous shifts with zero defects.
12 hour permanent shifts in a fast paced production environment.
Trainer Coordinator / Lead (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORDecember 2, 2014
Pros: company sponsored meals during holidays.
Cons: alot of walking and standing required. short breaks.
Detailed operations, specific to capacity and time management to the work flow. Lean manufacturing and 5S applied. ISO certified and maintained. Great team oriented environment with dynamic co-workers.
I enjoyed interfacing with other departments, conducting Facility Tours, being a member of the ERT and MRT Teams.
I held titles of Leadership during my 15 years with the company.
Productive and safety is always first.
Operator I (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 10, 2014
My typical day at work would be to wipe down all surface areas to make sure it stays clean. Qualify any tools that are scheduled. Running the machines and unloading and loading them.
There is always something new to learn about a machine, or the whole process, or even about the company.
Sometimes there can be drama between coworkers, as long as you focus on your job you won't be dragged into it.
The hardest part is making sure you stay busy if there is little product coming through.
I enjoy the fact that everyone is pretty easy to talk to and learning new things everyday always helps.
No opportunity for job growth
Operator IV (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 13, 2014
Pros: sabatical, decent benefits
Cons: no advancement opportunity.
You can only advance if you personally know someone in management. Favoritism runs rampant everywhere. Moral is bad because the place is most likely to be shut down because of recent merger.
Great Place to work
Information Systems Technician II (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OregonMay 22, 2014
The guys that I've worked with at the Engineering Dept. was a team player and willing to support one another. I've learned a lot from these guys. The managements I've worked for were supportive.

The most enjoyable part is once in a while we have a team building. We went on an adventure hiking in the woods at the Portland Zoo Park and at the end of the trail, we had lunch and beer.
Great environment to work in
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 4, 2014
Pros: walking challenges, monthly company meetings.
TriQuint was great to work for. The benefits and pay were excellent. TriQuint consistantly looked for ways to keep employees active and healthy, and work spaces were ergonomically structured for less on the job injuries.

I increased my knowledge of Outlook and furthered my computer experience in data entry and file location.
The engineers and maintence I worked with were great people
Fab Operator IV (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMarch 1, 2014
I made a lot of good friends. The work was at times challenging but overall not a bad place.
Family orintated mobil technology Co.
RF Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MaMarch 1, 2014
A family orientated company with some of the best designer's. I have work with. Just a great place to work!
Awesome place to work and grow!
Engineering Technician III (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJanuary 17, 2014
This is a company to call home. They will foster you growth through training, education assistance, and advancement opportunities.
Place is a mess
Operator III (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: management
Worked there for several years. Management does not have their head in the game. Left hand does not know what the right is doing. If you love multiple issues and nothing solved, this place is for you. Sales thinks the factory prints business cards.

If they would listen to the factory floor as it use to years ago. They would move quickly.
Fun place to work, great people to work with, good team attitude.
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee), Apopka, FLDecember 1, 2013
Pros: holidays paid, sabactical after 5 years, cookouts.
Cons: healthcare plan
Fun place to work, great people to work with, good team attitude.
GOOD ENVIRONMENT TO BE WITH
ASSEMBLY LINE (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORNovember 30, 2013
CLEAN ROOM ENVIRONMENT ASSEMBLY LINE
DEVELOP AND INSPECTION MAKING SURE OUR COSTUMER HAPPY WITH OUR PROJECT.
Good Company, Great Benefits
Computer/Fab Operations Technician (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORNovember 15, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: compressed work week.
Good place to work. Management priorities are a little skewed, but of course that is just my own opinion.
Wish I had left sooner than I did
Engineer (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORNovember 14, 2013
Pros: the right person in the right job might like it there.
Cons: peter principle rampant.
Worked there for many years. They were world class tech for a long time. That eventually devolved to the present.
If you like working in a Dilbert comic gone live, then Triquint is for you. Common hallway explanation was "it was a pointy haired decision". Lots of micro-managing.
TQS had some of the best and the brightest....which they succeeded in pushing out over the years.
They are good at responding to crisis they create on their own.
Not so good at implementing the response.
There is lots of collateral damage from the crisis remedies...you will work weekends without notice to fix managements blunders.
And management will quickly forget who put out the fires they started.
Schedules tend to be based on best case scenarios....and then you are in trouble if you are "late" on delivering on time. Never mind all of the delays that management never considered and that do happen.
Intel Jr.
Operator (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: industry standard benefits
Cons: pay scale is lower than industry average.
The culture has changed here over the past several years. A lot of ex Intel managment has made its way into management here at Triquint and although there have been some good changes, ie...better communication between engineers and operations and excursion response. Some things have changed for the worse. Morale is down since Triquint has went to a more heavy emphasis on a temporary workforce and quality has gone down.
Not for everyone
operations (Former Employee), OregonAugust 22, 2013
Company has an incredible lack of upward mobility, poor pay practices and unpleasant work conditions.
Fun workplace. You will learn a lot.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJuly 31, 2013
Pros: free bbq, party, picnic.
Cons: don't know.
A busy typical day, must on your working station on time for pass down. Priority must be always a priority as far is work is concern.
I'd say excellent management. Co-workers always willing to help you when you are new to the job. No hardest part of the job as long as you paying attention getting the details straight. Knowing other co-workers i thought is enjoyable.
Great pay but, management needs improvement
Engineer Tech (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 18, 2013
Pros: willing to pay their employees what they are worth
Cons: management does not communicate clearly
A typical day involved 3+ meetings per day where managament would discuss/tell you what needed to be done and the way they wanted it done. I would leave these meeting and do what I was told. Once imcoming parts/assemblies per managements requests came in they were tested for the usual fit form and function. All but function passed. Reported my findings and corrective actions to management who did not understand why function did not pass. My corrective actions were ignored. Redesigned per managements request and again function did not pass. Sometimes it would take 3 or 5 times to get the redesigns to pass. Since my input was ignored this made learning the job a difficult task.
place was ok overall but management not so thoughtful of its crew or some of the leads they put in place
Material Specialist (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORApril 26, 2013
Pros: lots of work to keep busy and lots of good people to talk to
Cons: not much room to advance
I did learn a lot of new skills at my time at this job and met a lot of really nice people at my time at Triquint. The work was fast pace and continual everyday which made the days go by very fast. A typical day was usually material would come in, i would inspect inbound packages, receive them into SAP against a purchase order, and either deliver to a recipient or inventory the items. Sometime forklift items that needed to be forklifted. Also would help with shipping in packaging material or to airway bill packages via UPS, FedEx, or DHL. Also learned to pull orders and package them to take over to shipping. Did cycle counts once in a while.
Enjoyment with fellow peers and friends in a friend work enviroment
Fab Operator/ERT/Internal Auditor/Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OregonApril 10, 2013
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: not having enough family time because my wife works the nights that i'm off.
A typical day of work consists of greeting my extended friends and co-workers while getting a cup of coffee. Then I proceed in checking my daily/weekly/monthly routines while I check my work emails and specs thats been updated over the time I sleep. After a long 12 hour graveyard shift, try to lay myself asleep. I've learned how to overcome trials and tribulations that occur during my course of work for the last 5 years. Through the course of being in different areas of the company, I've learned how to work with different types of personalities of different supervisors, leads and management in general. My co-workers are diverse many ethnic backgrounds. I enjoy talking with them and catch up with their family life or even how was there weekend. The hardest part of my job is to not to stop working on toolsets when my lunch or breaks are coming up. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a close knit of people (as a team) and get the work done.

About TriQuint Semiconductor

TriQuint Semiconductor fills it up with GaAs. TriQuint uses specialized materials --┬ásuch as gallium arsenide (GaAs), gallium – Read more