TRISTAR Risk Management Employee Reviews

Sr Claims Examiner
Sr. Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2017
handled all aspect of WC claims from the inception to end. Denied accepted and delayed claims. Paid benefits, denied benefits. Handled issues with attorneys. discussed issues with doctors.
Nurse Case Manager
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 7, 2016
Tristar is an employee oriented company which focuses on offering the best case management services. I have never worked for a company with such amazing teamwork. Supervisors and high level management are available to offer guidance without hesitation or delay.

This is an amazing company!
Pros
Team Work
loved working here
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 23, 2016
only issue was that if you have family working for the company they will choose the lazy family worker over someone who is a hard worker. that's exactly what happened to me . but overall, the company is great . just certain things that need to be worked on
Pros
vendors come a couple times a month, management is all very nice .company lunches/dinners, great benefits
Cons
they play family card . how they let you go is horrible
Great Company!
Claims Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Great and honest Company! Management kept their employees in the loop with ongoing changes in the company.

Good moral amongst employees.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Insurance was Poor
nice place to work
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CANovember 5, 2015
Good supervisors and management, not too much work. Reasonable distance to work, no micro managing, fair pay. Lots of fun and traveling. They seem to care about there employees and there families.
Has to be very Productive
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2015
Tristar was an excellent place to work. I really learned the Insurance Claims business there. If not had a lay-off, I would still be there...Great Place to Work!!
Pros
Staff always encourging
Cons
24 Hr Turn Over on every claim
Family Orientated
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 24, 2015
Ideal location, pay isn't that great! There was no room for advancement. Management is ok. Friendly co-workers. Safe environment.
Pros
Ideal location.
Cons
Pay isn't that great.
Great company with good benefits
WC Claims Adjuster-medical only (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 11, 2015
It was a very busy TPA office.

I enjoyed learning the different CHI instructions and learning different systems.

There were great Adjusters that I enjoyed working for and helping.

It was a good company, just very busy.
unorganized
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Irving TexasAugust 6, 2015
Lack of training, just thrown on desk with little to no training at all. Supervisor likes to pick on you and talked about other personal issues with her fellow adjusters.
Cons
No confidentally at all
great company
Sr. Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 11, 2014
worked there for a year, nice place, company policies are not all good and employer/employee interaction is very limited
Very busy and productive
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 7, 2014
Every morning I would check to make sure the employees checks were issued promptly and then would continue with tasks set by my examiners and supervisors. These tasks included but not limited to preparing and issues letters and benefit notices on claims files.

I learned how to manage my time more efficiently. I was able to help customers via telephone and internet rather than face to face. My experience and ability to learn fast allowed me to train and help new comers.

I enjoyed everyone I worked with. I learned something from each and everyone of them.

The hardest part of my job was making sure that everything was completed in a timely manner. Not only did I come into the office with a list of things to do, but I would also get last minute things on my desk that also needed to be completed.

The most enjoyable part of my job was accomplishing everything I was tasked for the day. Also the interaction with my co-workers made the day more enjoyable, whether it would be for advice on a task or a walk during break time.
Pros
Management allowed me to voice my ideas about ways to manage tasks
Cons
Opportunity to be promoted and grow within the company was hard
Poor management
Claims Examiner Workers Compensation (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 1, 2014
Company is a great company to work for as they are a solid company and are a leading nationwide TPA company. No advancement opportunities available. Yearly raises do not exceed 1%, Benefits are about average, 401k, PTO days (to be used for vacation and/or sick days, paid holidays, and life/health insurance.

However, the supervisor in the office is of very poor quality. Bad leadership. Lacks management people skills. Lacks tact.

I enjoy the type of work I do and enjoy interacting with doctors office, our clients, our claimants. I love handling claims and have enjoyed working in this type of field.

Pros
Frequent office breakfast, lunches.
Cons
Supervisor lacks experience, poor leadership. Lacks tact and people skills.
Hard worker
Kellie Melendez, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 24, 2014
I am a hard worker. I accept challenges and do my due diligence to make sure the job is performed correctly. I am willing to take on challenges and am not a slacker.
Productive place to work
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Cramerton, NCFebruary 26, 2014
TriStar was a great place to work, the only problem was with the work shortage that eventually led to me being laid off.
Very low pressure environment with self teaching opportunities
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2014
If it would have not of been that I was a dedicated Adjuster to my Clients. I would still be employed with Tristar, the co-worker are like family. My day would began with a low profile and end with a low profile perhaps the hardest part of the job for me would be the call backs.
Pros
Self improvements to grow within the company
Cons
Health care
High Volume - Admin Support 3 Indemnity Adjuster
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 3, 2014
No two days are the same. In addition to supporting Adjusters with correspondence, requests for UR review, Paying bills and responses to subpoena of records and records for Independent Medical Review, I was tasked with managing 43 Medical Only Claims.
Pros
Broad exposure to Workers Comp tasks
Cons
This is not a 40 hour a weeks job. No OT allowed.
Good learning experience
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2014
This was my first TPA experience and I learned a lot. The people in the office were fantastic and I am still very close with most of them.
different experience of work
General Office File/mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 16, 2014
experienced in working for workers comp. learning how to do set ups data entry for claimants scripts bills, lawyers letters. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with diverse co workers with different culture and belief in life.
Pros
free goodies from vendors
Cons
heathcare is expensive
My knowledge
Medical Claims Only/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CANovember 14, 2013
I'm a Medical Claims Only with expertise and I possess the right capabilities and skills in being able to carry out the essential task of this job perfectly. My experience I have worked in a similar capacity for Tristar Risk Management for five years and have been commended many times for my excellent communication skills, claims reviews very professional with appropriate neatly and diaries in standard organized. I have had the opportunity to bring in internal audit score and State audit score at 96%.

My education/certifications include Self Insurance Certificate, WCCP and WCCA.
My real strength is my attention to detail. I pride myself on my reputation for following through and meeting deadlines. When I commit to doing something, I make sure it gets done, and on time.
Medical Only Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CaJuly 21, 2013
Very hectic, Always a lot going on. Co-workers where good. But the management could definitely use a lot of training towards employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRISTAR Risk Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9