TRISTAR Risk Management

TRISTAR Risk Management Employer Reviews

Very busy and productive
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: management allowed me to voice my ideas about ways to manage tasks
Cons: opportunity to be promoted and grow within the company was hard
Every morning I would check to make sure the employees checks were issued promptly and then would continue with tasks set by my examiners and supervisors. These tasks included but not limited to preparing and issues letters and benefit notices on claims files.

I learned how to manage my time more efficiently. I was able to help customers via telephone – more... and internet rather than face to face. My experience and ability to learn fast allowed me to train and help new comers.

I enjoyed everyone I worked with. I learned something from each and everyone of them.

The hardest part of my job was making sure that everything was completed in a timely manner. Not only did I come into the office with a list of things to do, but I would also get last minute things on my desk that also needed to be completed.

The most enjoyable part of my job was accomplishing everything I was tasked for the day. Also the interaction with my co-workers made the day more enjoyable, whether it would be for advice on a task or a walk during break time. – less
Poor management
Claims Examiner Workers Compensation (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: frequent office breakfast, lunches.
Cons: supervisor lacks experience, poor leadership. lacks tact and people skills.
Company is a great company to work for as they are a solid company and are a leading nationwide TPA company. No advancement opportunities available. Yearly raises do not exceed 1%, Benefits are about average, 401k, PTO days (to be used for vacation and/or sick days, paid holidays, and life/health insurance.

However, the supervisor in the office is – more... of very poor quality. Bad leadership. Lacks management people skills. Lacks tact.

I enjoy the type of work I do and enjoy interacting with doctors office, our clients, our claimants. I love handling claims and have enjoyed working in this type of field.

. – less
Hard worker
Kellie Melendez, Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAApril 24, 2014
I am a hard worker. I accept challenges and do my due diligence to make sure the job is performed correctly. I am willing to take on challenges and am not a slacker.
Productive place to work
TEMP (Former Employee), Cramerton, NCFebruary 26, 2014
TriStar was a great place to work, the only problem was with the work shortage that eventually led to me being laid off.
Very low pressure environment with self teaching opportunities
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: self improvements to grow within the company
Cons: health care
If it would have not of been that I was a dedicated Adjuster to my Clients. I would still be employed with Tristar, the co-worker are like family. My day would began with a low profile and end with a low profile perhaps the hardest part of the job for me would be the call backs.
High Volume - Admin Support 3 Indemnity Adjuster
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: broad exposure to workers comp tasks
Cons: this is not a 40 hour a weeks job. no ot allowed.
No two days are the same. In addition to supporting Adjusters with correspondence, requests for UR review, Paying bills and responses to subpoena of records and records for Independent Medical Review, I was tasked with managing 43 Medical Only Claims.
Good learning experience
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2014
This was my first TPA experience and I learned a lot. The people in the office were fantastic and I am still very close with most of them.
different experience of work
General Office File/mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free goodies from vendors
Cons: heathcare is expensive
experienced in working for workers comp. learning how to do set ups data entry for claimants scripts bills, lawyers letters. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with diverse co workers with different culture and belief in life.
I Learned a lot of thigs at this placed.
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Alhambra CaDecember 25, 2013
Heavy Mails in the morning and busy phone calls
I learned to used postage machine and used the copier for scanning PDF.
management is not that good or I would say its not fair for everyone.
the hardest part of the job is when we are short of people.
I enjoy working with my co-worker and I had my nice boss.
My knowledge
Medical Claims Only/Assistant (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CANovember 14, 2013
I'm a Medical Claims Only with expertise and I possess the right capabilities and skills in being able to carry out the essential task of this job perfectly. My experience I have worked in a similar capacity for Tristar Risk Management for five years and have been commended many times for my excellent communication skills, claims reviews very professional – more... with appropriate neatly and diaries in standard organized. I have had the opportunity to bring in internal audit score and State audit score at 96%.

My education/certifications include Self Insurance Certificate, WCCP and WCCA.
My real strength is my attention to detail. I pride myself on my reputation for following through and meeting deadlines. When I commit to doing something, I make sure it gets done, and on time. – less
Medical Only Adjuster (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CaJuly 21, 2013
Very hectic, Always a lot going on. Co-workers where good. But the management could definitely use a lot of training towards employees
Dead end company
Adjuster (Current Employee), United StatesMay 19, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: to numerous
Terrible place to work. A revolving door of burnt out employees who are over worked, over managed, underpaid, with lousy benefits.
Time Management
Claims Assistant (Current Employee), Alhambra, CAFebruary 11, 2013
The Utilization Review department handles a high volume of requests received daily. Our team value is to work together to manage our desks and help each other when we have an issue. We try to maintain an open door policy with our direct manager. While working in my department I've become the team lead, I've helped manage the floor and while our manager – more... was out of the office. The hardest part about my job has been the calls received from distressed claimants and being able to handle the call. – less
Last to None
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Brea. CaliforniaJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: there always looking to hire...........
Cons: horrible benefits/high work loads/unstable
Absolutely bottom of the barrel benefits.......... Very poor communication to its employees and high work loads. It's a poorly run company that does not value its employees and focuses too much attention on acquiring other companies before properly managing what they already have.
Love It
Receptionist/Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 24, 2012
I loved this place great people great company! They were really family oriented and always had an open door policy!
Productive work enviornment
main receptionist (Former Employee), Alhambra, CAJuly 16, 2012
comapny was overall pleaseant to work with. Learned all my job skills at this company. Co-workers were friendly and great to work with. Made pleantly of long life friendships even after I stopped working there. The most enjoyable part of working here was the fast past work load. The hardest part was having to leave this company.