Triton College Employee Reviews

Staff creates a HOME for students
Program Assistant for Special Initiatives (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Great support system for students through engaging workshops and activities. Students are able to acquire much needed skills for transitioning to university.
This college is a joke in pay and advancements
Employee (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 8, 2017
1. Department bias
2. Deans are bias and judgemental
3. Salary is less than $400 every two weeks
4. Students are prejudiced against instructors
5. Cronyism staff
6. These are facts not vendattas
Cons
Do not apply if you are willing to be confronted by students who are ignorantly bias
The days tended to fly by rather quickly because I enjoyed what I was doing
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with infants from 3 months to two years old. I loved watching them as they smiled at me for the first time, and when they began to grow and to develop their small and large motor skills, learning to crawl and eventually to walk. run, climb.etc.

I got along well with my co-workers and the children not under my care really liked me. I guess that it may have been because they could sense that I had a loving and caring personality.

The hardest part of the job was when they became ill or when I sensed that a child may have been mistreated at home, or when a parent yelled at them, especially so if the child was an infant.
Pros
active children
Cons
Sometimes not enough staff
A gateway of opportunity
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILSeptember 27, 2016
Triton College can be overwhelming, at first. But one thing I have found is that Triton is very accommodating to anyone who has their mind set on the right goals. Anyone looking to get their life going; to succeed; to have solid footing to move forward in the world, I recommend Triton College to them, for education and employment both.
Challenging educational settings
Student (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJune 22, 2016
One has to prepare for classes. Ask questions in class, provide lead role in sessions during classes, and submit report to lead instructor for citique.
Pros
Bring your own lunch.
Cons
Limited breaks
Triton College
WORK-STUDY/HOUSING/SCHOLARSHIP/LOAN ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJune 2, 2016
Triton is a great school and a nice place to work at. It is a convenient place to work and go to school. The people are friendly and helpful.
Friendly bosses
SECRETARY/ADJUTANT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILMay 19, 2016
I've learned where to deliver, how to write reports to account payable department, and I've improved my communication skills
Love working as a Auto Instructor
Professor in the Automotive Technology Department (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILApril 18, 2016
For the past 3 years I have truly loved working at Triton Community College. The people there make you feel like family. Working there as a adjunct this was the high light of my day.
Good experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILApril 18, 2016
It was nice to help people and the company was nice. The manager was very helpful as well. This job was very easy and not stressful at all.
This was a life change experience for me working with the public
Counseling Secretary (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILMarch 29, 2016
I truly enjoyed working at Triton College the opportunity in helping students reach their educational goals. Getting mentor to further my education in pursuing and completing my Bachelor's Degree. That's what happens when you work for educators!
Pros
A very positive environment
fun relaxed atmosphere
technical assistant (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILMarch 7, 2016
Typical day at work was easy and laid back. When we were not busy, I was able to do homework and have fun with my co-workers.
Fun position with lots of social engagement.
assistant coordinator (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 6, 2016
I manage a great small college fitness center that many students and community residents enjoy using. It's a job that offers a lot of engagement with members, provides great assessment experience, fitness experience and customer service experience.

My management responsibilities include scheduling, budgeting, directing group exercise classes, training fitness center staff, book keeping, filing and being active down in the fitness center itself.

Hardest part of the job is staying in the office for hours at a time sometimes working on projects for the fitness center as well as school's health department. I couldn't ask for any better co-workers or staff members. We all support eachother incredibly and learn from eachother. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students and community participants in the fitness center make lasting lifestyle changes that help increase their quality of life. I love speaking to my regulars and helping people who may be newer or less comfortable to fitness dip their feet in the water and try it out.
Great Place to do Federal Work Study
Clerical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILDecember 11, 2015
I love working for my boss at RSVP. My Supervisor is great and very supportive and flexible. Great staff and the Seniors/Volunteers are a pleasure to be around. I feel like I am contributing and not just doing a job.
Pros
Flexible, Great Supervisor, Mentor
Cons
Pay
Good enviroment for ones education
MAIL CLERK /CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  RIVER GROVE ,ILLINOISJuly 20, 2015
Triton college has a diverse enviroment,and is a good place to get a education.It has the finest people you can work with.My job was not hard at all.I enjoyed going to work everyday.Triton college is being well kept and also managed by the best professionals you can have.
Pros
PICNICS, PARTY, S YEARLONG CALENDER EVENTS
Cons
NONE
Triton College
Registration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Circulation DeskJuly 15, 2015
I enjoyed helping students to register for classes and set up appointments with adivsors, but staff was very disorganized, and did not care about the students.
Work place, staff and students are very good
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJuly 13, 2015
They need to improve compensation. Other than that things are ok.

The supervisor is excellent in communicating and responding to quires immediately. Students are very good
Pros
Good supervisor
Cons
Low pay
Productive work place with pool table and nice co-workders
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJune 7, 2015
A typical work day consisted of computer work, organizational skills, scanning of documents, answering phones, taking messages and dispatching work orders to appropriate personnel. Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Above average place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILMay 29, 2015
I am adjunct instructor. Boss, other instructors & students are all great to work with. Administration need
s to draw more students. Enrollment is down & not enough work.
Great Manager and Co-Workers at the ASC
Student Success Strategist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
Great work culture. Not all departments have a cohesive working environment. I am fortunate to have great colleagues. Human Resource Department can improve its employee processes. Employees aren't given gym access. Part-time employees usually aren't involved in staff/management meetings.
Pros
friendly staff, laid back enviroment
Cons
No benefits for part-time workers
Very Productive, Friendly and Encouraging Environment, Great Staff
Student Aide of Criminal Justice Department (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILMay 8, 2015
I absolutely enjoyed working around Criminal Law and current, as well as formal Attorneys, Law Enforcement Officers, and Professors. Working for the department was knowledgeable, rewarding, and a pleasure to work. Every day was different. Serving under such high commodity was positively effective in my life and choice of degree. I've learned from the many young people contemplating a career in law enforcement or a related field in the criminal justice system. I've gain exposure to various criminal justice careers and to have positive interaction with law enforcement professionals. I've obtain hands-on experience and awareness on how to efficiently run the criminal justice college department. Where an how to receive comprehensive career focused training that in many cases qualifies for academic credit. Being with this department, I have benefited from interpersonal growth through self-discipline, teamwork, and challenging experiences with in the work place when it accrued. Yet, to still give a high quality of performance and professional conduct. Which undoubtedly, enhance my development of character and mental focus. Learn responsibility to self and others through leadership. I am grateful to have served their department by assisting their staff.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great Superior, Encouraging and Pleasant Staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Triton College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2