Triton College Employee Reviews

A true gem of a community college
Chef / Culinary Instructor (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILAugust 17, 2017
Triton Community College in River Grove, IL is true gem of a community college. This institutionis one that needs to be discovered and enjoyed by more people!
For short hours only
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJuly 10, 2017
short hours, no benefits, only for work study, could be better but can't complain. Took picture for students for their ID, mostly slow days, so was able to do homework some nights
Adjunct
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJune 22, 2017
As an Adjuct, the classes taught were very fun. It was a nice place to work with wonderful colleagues. I would recommend it. The students in my classes were eager to learn.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Not enough hours given for teaching.
Fun place to work at where you get to help your fellow students.
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJune 1, 2017
Typical work day would be to sit trough a class where teacher would be teaching and I would be helping if students had any additional questions. Then stay after class for students who need extra help. After go back to office and keep working there.
Fun workplace
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILMay 12, 2017
I love our patrons that come in to swim I have created a bond with a lot of people there they have such a good time in our water aerobics classes a joy to see them having fun
wonderful school
Private Bartender, Catering Events (Former Employee) –  river grove ilMay 1, 2017
The enviroment was a great learning experience. I got to do all kinds of special events and i got to master the skills i was learning in classes by working for the school(catering bartending serving etc...).
Pros
management. job security
Cons
lacking in openings
Everyday is different and there is a variety of tests to give out to the students. So it is not boring.
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILApril 18, 2017
A typical day would include opening up the office and testing center every morning. Getting tests and supplies ready so students will be able to test.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday, and helping them with their needs.
Cons
During mid-term testing and finals it can be challenging to help so many students.
Good Students and Satisfying Work
Adjunct Instructor_Graphic Design (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILApril 7, 2017
Helping students learn the basic skills necessary to break into their chosen field is very satisfying. The atmosphere was not creatively collaborative with the other teachers, but the students fed my creativity a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students and devising new ways to teach the material that would engage and inspire the students. Worst part of the job was the meager compensation. Ultimately, I needed to work in the industry to pay my bills. Great for juggling freelance / teaching though.
Pros
great for working around a freelance schedule
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no security as an adjunct.
Wonderful college enviroment
Accompanist for choir (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed the music director at the time. the music we learned (that I had to play) was challenging and the quality of singing was pretty good for a junior college.
Relaxed Working Enviorment.
Technical Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILFebruary 19, 2017
The Cashier's Office often gets busy but scheduling guarantees you aren't by yourself so work load isn't unfair.
Customer service is a must because you're dealing with people 100% of your day.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No Health Care
Truly enjoy working here!!!
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Great place to work, valuable experience and professional environment!
I enjoy being around my students, colleagues; the support team crew is simply amazing!!!
The Dean and Center's Manager are really operational and doing an amazing job in managing the professional education work flow. I I truly enjoy Triton's working environment.
Registration Assistance
Registration Assistant (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 25, 2017
Operate telephone calls.
Register students for classes
File documents and paper work
Transmit information or documents to customers
Customer Service
Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers.
Fun place to work.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
I've been working there for many years, and I learned a lot professionally and personality. This company offered me a lot of training an how to keep a clean environment for the students and stuff. Communicating skills and free tuition was my biggest accomplish there. I really enjoyed working there because I had the opportunity to grow and feel good about myself.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Staff creates a HOME for students
Program Assistant for Special Initiatives (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Great support system for students through engaging workshops and activities. Students are able to acquire much needed skills for transitioning to university.
This college is a joke in pay and advancements
Employee (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 8, 2017
1. Department bias
2. Deans are bias and judgemental
3. Salary is less than $400 every two weeks
4. Students are prejudiced against instructors
5. Cronyism staff
6. These are facts not vendattas
Cons
Do not apply if you are willing to be confronted by students who are ignorantly bias
Fun workplace, but not full-time
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 26, 2016
i loved working for Triton. All my employees were friendly and we all looked out for each other. A typical day at Trition was to restock books, putting information in the computer for new clients and processing newspapers and magazines
Pros
very flexible
Cons
no full time position
The days tended to fly by rather quickly because I enjoyed what I was doing
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with infants from 3 months to two years old. I loved watching them as they smiled at me for the first time, and when they began to grow and to develop their small and large motor skills, learning to crawl and eventually to walk. run, climb.etc.

I got along well with my co-workers and the children not under my care really liked me. I guess that it may have been because they could sense that I had a loving and caring personality.

The hardest part of the job was when they became ill or when I sensed that a child may have been mistreated at home, or when a parent yelled at them, especially so if the child was an infant.
Pros
active children
Cons
Sometimes not enough staff
A gateway of opportunity
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILSeptember 27, 2016
Triton College can be overwhelming, at first. But one thing I have found is that Triton is very accommodating to anyone who has their mind set on the right goals. Anyone looking to get their life going; to succeed; to have solid footing to move forward in the world, I recommend Triton College to them, for education and employment both.
Challenging educational settings
Student (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJune 22, 2016
One has to prepare for classes. Ask questions in class, provide lead role in sessions during classes, and submit report to lead instructor for citique.
Pros
Bring your own lunch.
Cons
Limited breaks
Triton College
WORK-STUDY/HOUSING/SCHOLARSHIP/LOAN ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJune 2, 2016
Triton is a great school and a nice place to work at. It is a convenient place to work and go to school. The people are friendly and helpful.