TriWest Healthcare Alliance

TriWest Healthcare Alliance Employer Reviews

A great place to work.
Beneficiary Enrollment Account Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: mandatory overtime
I really loved working there, however, it is a shame that TriWest lost the contract for TRICARE.
job
Utilization Management Medical Clerk (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 13, 2014
• Answered utilization management phone line
• Generated reports for the nursing staff and Medical Director, allowing staff members to become familiar with reported changes that were received
• Organized detailed correspondence as well as answered customer questions on routine procedures
• Prepared weekly schedules for Managers and Employees for a staff – more... of 32 members
• Verified eligibility for services provided using Composite Health care System (CHCS) – less
high-volume inbound call center for tricare
Tricare Support Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2014
Pros: no weekends required
Cons: high-volume call center, high turnover, little advancement opportunities
received 100-200 inbound calls per day from tricare customers regarding claims, authorizations, coverage status, etc.
GC services
Patient Services representative (Current Employee), killeen txJune 26, 2014
this was a good place to start work but not something i would continue there was to big of a turn around
Great Employer
Customer Service Rep IV (Former Employee), San Diego CaJune 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, awesome support staff
Cons: minimal paid time off
Great employer overall. A lot of growth from within the company. Great paid training. Good management staff.
Great Company
Enrollment Specialist/Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2014
Pros: casual dress, great managers
I loved working here and I made tons of life long friends. There were employees that could have benefited from more training.
Great place to work. Good benefits, opportunity to learn new job responsibilities adn room to grow
Program Integrity Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, customer satisfactions, working independently, acknowledgment of good work or ideas submitted
Cons: cases that were returned for recoupment, training of others who would not attend in class training sessions, dissatisfied beneficiaries
At TriWest as a fraud specialist, a typical day of work was reviewing appeals that came in via hotline, written, or email to determine if complaint was a true fraudulent issue or a claims billing/processing issue. Wrote summaries and gathered information and evidence to submit a fraud case to TRICARE for prosecution. Management was helpful, but most – more... days were spent working independently. The hardest part were the dissatisfied beneficiaries that had to be forwarded to another department as their issue was not fraud related. the most enjoyable was the research of claims and determination of a fraud issue that resulted in meeting the dollar threshold to begin a fraud cases. – less
Productive and fun place to work. I loved serving the Active Duty Service Members and their family.
Beneficiary Service Representative III (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 24, 2014
Pros: telecommuting from home was available to utilize.
Cons: triwest healthcare lost the contract and all jobs were eliminated.
I worked in a production driven fast paced environment. I learned Behavioral Health specialty and became the subject expert at the company. My coworkers and I thrived in a team environment and provided outstanding customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the Active Duty Service members and their family.
Customer Service Team Lead
Contact Center Team Lead II (Former Employee), San DiegoJanuary 17, 2014
• Took all escalation calls and followed up with the caller in a timely manner. Assisted team with research functions to be able to assist the customer on the phone.
• Involved in the hiring and interview process of potentially new employees
• Implemented team performance incentives.
• Provide detailed information to the Medical Director to contact – more... provider’s office regarding authorization denials.
• Created meeting agendas. Conducted one on one coaching sessions with representatives to better enhance their performance and overall score card.
• Initiated monthly assessment tests with the representatives to make sure the proper understanding of all benefit and program information.
• In charge of pulling weekly reports to update our teams goal board – less
Best mission in the world!
Field Operations Administrator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 30, 2013
TriWest is a managed care contractor that administers the TRICARE program for military service members and their families in the 21 state West Region. The Midwest Operations Area is one of TriWest’s largest operational areas comprised of 9 states, 21 TRICARE Service Centers, 14 Military Treatment Facilities and a TRICARE population of nearly 700,000.
5. It was a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 26, 2013
Logging in on time and taking care of our military hero by answering questions on the healthcare benefits. Management was very supportive and it was wonderful. Loved all my coworkers. We had a very cohesive team. I grew the most by learning how to navigate up to 16 screens at a time. I loved the co workers and peaceful environment.
Productive, always different, fun
TriCare Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2013
I was office lead and managed a services center alone. I also had to provide assistance to other TRS with questions and concersn. I was able to work with people to provide excellent customer services and first visit resolution for their healthcare benefits questions and concerns. I often interacted with medical/dental providers and their staff. I often – more... traveled to other locations and cities to give public presentations of materials and services. I was also able to work on the virtual team to process time sensitive referral and authorization request. – less
Professional and Comfortable Job Environment
Medical Records Clerk, Clinical Quality Management (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2013
Pros: tuition reimbursement, healthcare
A typical day at work for me included the best department - Medical Records. I learned a great amount of medical terminology and how to process medical records for the Department of Defense. I felt comfortable with the management and they were always very helpful. My co-workers came together to provide one of the best teams I've ever had the pleasure – more... of working with. The hardest part of the job was not always being able to help each customer as much as I would have liked to. The most enjoyable part of the job was the military culture. As a veteran myself, I love being a part of the military life and enjoy making a difference in someone's life. – less
Small company, contract based. No job security.
Accountant, Healthcare Costs (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2013
Employees there are great, everyone loved working in honor of the military and doing "whatever it takes" to support them.
One of the best places I have ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: contract related
Dealing mainly with the active, retirees and spouse and dependent of the military. We assist members and providers with enrolling of insurance plan, answering any questions they may have about their plans, and educate them on the different healthcare plans to choose from. Good environment, and very diverse which is very important to me, as well as good – more... bonuses. – less
Learned alot about policies and procedures
Customer Service Representative Team Lead (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 30, 2013
Pros: benefits
Typical work day serving in multiple skill groups which made the day go by fast.
Government Insurance Co
Benefit Services Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 28, 2013
My day was very busy data entering Referral Requests from the Military Treatment Facilities, Primary Care Providers, Specialists & Vendors. We had a production % to be meet every day. We needed to make the decision if a request for complete enough to enter or if it needed to be faxed back.
I learned how to use a fax browser & this was how we received – more... all information needed to enter the request. I learned how to work different computer programs.
My co-workers were great to work with, very informative.
Our supervisors & above always worked with you on explaining how a process was to be done & how our productivity was going & if we were meeting our quota.
the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was doing whatever it took to make sure our Military & their families were receiving their medical care in a timely manner. – less
Dedicated to serving those who serve.
Behavioral Health Support Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZ 85053October 18, 2013
Triwest was a great place to work. They instilled pride in serving our nations military. The company set the standard of care for those entitled to be taken care of by TRICARE.
Productive work place
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 3, 2013
I worked customer service as team lead and supervisor. Had a good group of co-workers.
Very family orientated company
Customer service (Former Employee), CSRSeptember 17, 2013
This was a wonderful company to work for, my job consisted of all the things I currently do for United Health Care, there was a contract change. I have been really lucky because through it all I have had the opportunity to do all the same things.

1 2 3 4 5