TriWest Healthcare Alliance Employee Reviews

Horrible Environment, No Supervisor Support, Rude Co-Workers
Case Coordination Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 17, 2017
This has to be far the worst place I have ever worked. There's no support from Management, Internet speeds are horrible!! It delays your work, VA Nurses are rude along with your own Co-Workers in which get away with everything!! You make formal complaints with Human Capital that don't get addressed.... the best thing I did was leave this horrible company.
Pros
Helping Veterans
Cons
Everything about TrIWest
Great job very poor management
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2017
Management poorly designed to help the team, and always had personal preference, very revengeful towards those not liked. Staff was great, hours and work schedule very appealing,the benefits waiting period insane too long
Work is rewarding, Supervisor not so much...
Medical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 6, 2017
Very stressful daily due to newest management. Supervisor came in and thought she would restructure operations. Department went from 22 employees to 5 currently. Has the mentality of "Do as I say, not as I do".... Is not one to lead by example, as she is late every day.
Pros
I love the work, helping the veterans.
Cons
My supervisors.
TriWest
Complex Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 26, 2017
We work towards making sure the veterans receive the care they need. The job can be rewarding, however the management are not on the up and up, and play favorites. If you are not a member of the correct group of people the work day can be difficult.
Management / supervisor
Patient Service Representative Outbound /Inbound (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 26, 2017
The company needed more job ethics , training, and better supervisors , it should have had 1 hr lunch and showed more compassion for there employees.
Pros
Patient Service Representative great job experience, gald to have got that under my career. I now im moving forward to Medical Coding field of work.
Cons
no compassion and appreciation to the employees and no job security.
Truth is, there's no future here
Complex Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 25, 2017
Overall, an easy place to work for but this company has deteriorated over the last couple years. There is a HUGE lack of communication. Since the government funds us, everything goes through the media anyways. We find out contract issues and things that could hinder a future there from CNN then eventually the information trinkles down from corporate. The building is nasty & has been reported but apparently multiple strep & C Diff cases isn't enough for the state to check out. Different illnesses along with gnats float around all year long. Who knows how long they will remain in operation...
Pros
Easy work, decent pay
Cons
Horrible benefits & PTO accrual, unclean, lack of communication from corporate, very high turnover rate
VA appointment management.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the was helping Veterans. My job consist of helping Veteran get treated medically off a VA facility. I had to meet deadlines every day.
Pros
Getting Veteran an appointments with a civilian doctor.
Cons
It was hard to find doctors that work with VA.
Fun environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 20, 2017
I was able to learn another side of the healthcare field, enjoyed helping out our veterans get medical help after all they done for our country its good to give back.
Pros
Great team leader
Cons
restroom policy
Its ok
Patient Services representative inbound (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAJuly 20, 2017
The company can pay more and be more organized. Some of my peers are fun to work with while some re messy and leadership shows favoritism. Its a OK place to work it is a start to get your foot in the door.
Pros
overtime
Cons
Short breaks
My specific job was well aligned with my skills and interests with great support and rapport with colleagues.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
Added to the above was a problem with my direct supervisor who exhibited controlling and sometimes abusive behavior making my position difficult at best. The only reason I stayed was because I loved my actuall job and the other people in the department.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 19, 2017
Triwest is a very competitive work place, and very fast paste. Calls have to be made to veterans and providers. We must make appointments within 5 days of receiving authorizations.
Unpredectable Work Enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2017
The Nashville office is very unorganized. Management needs help from start to finsh and promises are easily said but never kept. If you like a childs play enviornment where the clown runs the show, this is the place for you.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else
Patient Service Rep - Call Center
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego (Rancho Bernardo), CAJuly 11, 2017
Receive phone calls from Veterans to assist with scheduling appointments for doctor visits.

The job allows you to learn the about the various programs offered to our veterans.

Management monitors the calls to ensure the employees are providing correct information, and offering excellent customer service.

Employees are constantly busy with inbound and outbound calls.

The hardest part of the job was trying to secure next day appointments for the patients.

The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to assist not just the patients, but those who have served my country.
Worst place ever
PATIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 10, 2017
Management has relationships with team members. Disrespectful, no work life balance. Very unorganized. Lie to veterans. Just as bad as the VA. I would never want to work here again!
Pros
nothing
Cons
very unorganized
Liked serving the Veterans everyday
INBOUND PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 7, 2017
Did not like some of the management style and constantly trying to "run you over with the bus" style of mentality. The staff in leadership was extremely condescending and not professional at all and did not seem to care about the human aspect of of people.
They would hire just about anyone that can put two sentences together. They did not seem to care about the medical needs of the Veterans. The most of what I learned did not come from the staff, it came from speaking to the veterans. This job unprofessional management and no assistance from the human resource person to anyone. Everyday was a battle with these people-how to keep reminding it's for the veterans-being in a family full of veterans helped me to enjoy the job better.
The job culture is not professional and felt like I was going to the club everyday with some of the peoples dress attire there.
Pros
Working with the veterans.
Cons
Worked with low mentality people.
Ok
Scheduler, PSR (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAJuly 6, 2017
The pay is good but the job isn't worth the stress. I don't like it but that doesn't mean the next person wont. Inbound PSR is a call center and Outbound PSR - scheduled appointments, but more then likely you would be trained to do both.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2017
Great place to work. Minimal supervision if you are an attentive and focused individual. They truly care about their clients. Equipment is good, training is more than adequate and the goal to secure medical care for Veterans is never lost in the job. It seems to have an overload of supervisors and communication between management personnel seems to be slow. The most enjoyable part of the is the contact with Veterans and service providers.
Terrible employer
Complex Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 29, 2017
To be honest this is by far the worst place I have ever worked. Management has no clue what they are doing besides micro manage and take vacations. They make up their own policies that change daily. We are their to work for the Veterans but all they care about is numbers. Many people have and are currently out on stress leave. I dread going there everyday but I need the paycheck until I find new employment. I would recommend never working for at this hub.
Pros
Servicing Veterands
Cons
Micro managing, No sick time, No organization, Everyday new rules are in place, Change your shift hours with a few weeks notice., Do not care about their employees.
Productive work place.
Medical Clerk Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2017
Triwest helps Veteran obtain medical care. Great people to work for, good hours and benefits. Fast pace always opportunity to grow in your career. Great
Employed at Triwest
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 26, 2017
Loved helping Veterans and applied all my skills to do so. High stress but for the better of patients. There was occasional mandatory over time. Sick leave was accrued biweekly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TriWest Healthcare Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval