Troon Golf Employee Reviews

I work with great ppl
Banquet Bartender (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 2, 2017
Great teamwork
The 401 k program is awesome
The clientele is great as well
You can work in many different departments and can advance of you desire to
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Insurance e
Great job for a college student.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMay 27, 2017
I love this job because of the people I work with and my manager is great. It is very flexible with my changing school schedules and which is amazing.
Pros
401 K started for me.
Cons
Slow in the summer.
Fun place to work
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEMay 22, 2017
Fun place to work, staff is always happy, team work is a big part of the company success. Upper Management easy to deal with. Working here you learn what team work is all about.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
low pay for non management employees
It started out a good company then poor management promotions destroyed it with over working there employees and making bad business decisions
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Saint James, NCMay 18, 2017
Overall if you like no help from upper management and high stressful work places and being talked down to you then this is a job for you. I recommend looking else where for work!!!
Terrible company to work for!
Worker (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 31, 2017
I'd give troon a generous half of star if it was possible on this site. Terrible management and terrible treatment of employees. You'd think for a larger club management company they would be more informed and professional. Instead Troon is a complete joke!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Don't bother applying, save yourself the headache
Under staffed
Carts, bags (Current Employee) –  NYFebruary 10, 2017
Decent place to work but severely under staffed. Owners do not want to spend any money. Service to members suffers greatly. You get to the point quickly that no matter how hard you work you can't possibly keep up with the demands of good service by yourself so you just give up. Not a good management strategy. Not so much Troons fault as much as owners.
Pros
Play golf
Cons
Staffing, management
Fun, respectful environment with plenty of room for growth
Assistand Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHJanuary 17, 2017
What I learned working for Troongolf for 13+ years is that they take care of their employees with great benefits and job opportunities. The most enjoyable part of what I do, I get to interact with all types of people from genuine and sweet to hard and rough around the edges.
Pros
Job opportunites, flexable schedule and recognition
Cons
n/a
Good coworkers and managers
Course waitress (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 13, 2017
Loved my coworkers and I had a great time working pretty solo at times. Former managers were cool. Hardest part of the job was working outside!
Nice place to work for
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 5, 2016
The job was a good one. You were treated fairly. Pay was average. Enjoyed my time there. Worked second shift. The co-workers were great to work with.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Very unorganized
Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 23, 2016
I found Audubon Country Club lacking in the level of customer service and food quality one would expect at an upscale country club. The staff was not welcoming to any new comers. It was so frustrating to get paid to do a job and be stifled by GM and Catering Director. I had heard that the work environment was not up to the professional level I am accustomed to, so suffice to say after thirty days I resigned. Of course, the club will continue to operate, but not at it's potential. I feel sorry for members, they have no clue.
Pros
Pay was above average
Cons
Clicks in work environment, not professional
Great working atmosphere. Beautiful location
Lead Bartender (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 17, 2016
Members treat you so well! There is just such a good genuine energy from so many of them that make the job more than worth it.
Pros
open opportunities
Cons
Staff issues are not addressed in a manner that
Not a great place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  CorporateSeptember 16, 2016
The corporate office has a lot of low performing employees, some of whom have been around for a long time. Rather than mentor or give them some training, they just hire more people to compensate. Atmosphere is strange, people are rather stand offish, and expectations are very unrealistic. They don't know what they want so they change processes frequently. I was not there long.
Pros
Early release on Friday during the summer months
Cons
No internal controls, cold people, weird atmosphere, no investment in technology
My location specifically was very lacking
Assistant Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  Edwards, COAugust 10, 2016
Poor management that played favorites. Expected to overwork and be undercompensated. Lack of communication from top to bottom. Lack of motivation and proper compensation.
Pros
Free meals and golfing privileges and employee discounts
Cons
Overworked, undercompensated, under appreciated, lack of role models in management
Poor Management, Great Idea
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJuly 13, 2016
Working for troon as a company was mainly very enjoyable, however the management choice at my facility was very poor and negatively impacted both my job and the facility as a whole in terms of customer satisfaction.
all work and no pay
Head Mechanic (Former Employee) –  el macero CCJune 19, 2016
I have worked for troon golf for a few years, it was great in the beginning,but soon became the most negative work environment I have ever had the misfortune of being in. the wages were substandard for the work I was doing. do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for employment
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
very negative work environment, working holidays
Ocitillo golf resort chandler is an awful place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 1, 2016
Owners wife does not care about her emplyees. She and other managers do not care about the workplace OR the culture of the workplace . Everyone is expendable and considered a dime a dozen..and don't worry cause that's what you will get paid. They make up lies to get rid of emplyees to cover their own problems. Very inconsiderate no matter how hard you work for them or for how long. Don't bother working here or just use it as a stepping stone cause that's all you will be treated like. Worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Nice scenery
Cons
Management and owners wife are aweful and do not care about people
Was treated horribly and lied to on a regular basis.
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Fountain Hills, AZJanuary 15, 2016
I have never been treated with such disrespect or been taken advantage of in such a nature. When I had reported specific occurrences to human resources they accused me of lying and did not even bother to investigate the truth.
one of the nicer places ive lived and cooked. i was lucky to be a part of it all
Lead line cook (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZDecember 24, 2015
loved everything about it. its a big family that all care about one another and working with them was a joy. If i had to pick a place to go back to at this moment it would be there
Golf Course Management
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 4, 2015
If you have a passion for the game of golf, Troon may be a company to explore. Managing courses across the U.S. and internationally, there are many opportunities to develop your career in different markets.
Awful place to work
Pro shop (Former Employee) –  AzOctober 2, 2015
Quintero Golf Course has the absolute worst management I have ever encountered in my career. They are just not good people. They lie to employees and get people fired by minipulation and lies. That is my experience there.
Pros
Cons
The man running is a major idiot