Tropical Financial Credit Union

Tropical Financial Credit Union Employer Reviews

friendly environment
Help Desk Technician (Intern) (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJanuary 17, 2014
the employees are very welcoming and fun to be around. If you do ur job, you'll be ok.
Good co-workers and thats it.
Teller (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2013
Pros: made good friends
Cons: no leadership, not stable, can't move up
Great co-workers and the job came easy to me but no real training so a lot of mistakes will be made if you don't pick up things fast. Found myself a lot of the time having to clean up the mistakes of new co-workers because of the lack of training. Never felt stable, lot of turnover towards the end. My Managers were good but upper management only way – more... to fix things was to tell us "no excuses find a way." Policy changes sometimes monthly. Human resources was always defending the company anytime any employees complained about stuff. Left the company because moving up was near impossible and company wasn't stable. You can walk up to any branch and ask any employee whose been there more than a year how is it working for the company and you'll hear the same thing. – less
Family like environment, very comfortable office setting
Mortgage Loan Officer Asst./ Processor (Former Employee), Miramar, FL.March 25, 2013
Pros: nice working environment, sometimes free lunch.
Cons: salary not so great.
Always loved to go to work, the people are very friendly and is always willing to help if there is any questions. The Management staff is great.
Good
Branch Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 19, 2012
I cant say much about the company.. Its a good place to work . The people are good and the client are amazing.
See Resume
Community Relations Officer (Former Employee), Miramar, FL 33027August 23, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: corporate downsizing
My job involved very diverse responsibilities. The responsibilities varied from Marketing to Sales to Customer Service.
Great company and culture
Vice President of Information Technology - CIO (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJuly 31, 2012
Pros: great culture
Cons: financial results
After almost 11 years Tropical was a very challenging but fun place to work. I truly enjoyed my involvement in the Strategic Plan and Technology Plan development. I left the IT function much better than when I started.
Great while it lasted
Teller (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 24, 2012
We liked to have fun while we worked. I was always excited that they let us listen to music behind the teller line. Our manager made it a game for us to actually want to succeed and I think that's a great thing to have. It put a little spice in our days, and made us actually like being at work. It was sad to hear our branch was closing.
Was a great company
Business Banker (Former Employee), Miramar, FLApril 29, 2012
Pros: ethical great employees and training
Cons: bought too many bad loans
Was a great company from 2007 to 2010, sadly fell on hard times because of bad auto loans.Closed the entire business banking department down and several branches closed. Most of the management is gone.
I would never go back
Member Services/Loan Officer (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 4, 2012
Pros: training, skills learned, work schedule
Cons: small company, little room for growth, not enough diversity
This was my first venture into banking. Tropical is a small company, and there was very little room for advancement. They do provide good training, and I absolutely learned skills there, that I know will benefit me in the future, but I would never work for them, as a company, again. The branch was 100% female, and it was like being back in highschool, – more... and the little advancement opportunity that existed, was primarily senority based, not skill based. – less
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), MIRAMAR, FLMarch 2, 2012
The people and culture while employed at Tropical was second to none. I still maintain several close relationships with previous coworkers and managers.

I gathered a great deal of practical accounting experience here and will never forget it.