Tropicana Las Vegas Inc Employee Reviews

love my job here
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2016
Im a guest room attendant here,i really like working here but i was hired as a steady extra and im never getting hours,i worked 3 days in 3 weeks!love it but need more hours cant pay bills or get insurance like this!
Pros
good place to work
Cons
no hours
Great atmosphere, great people
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2016
Tropicana Pool/ Sky beach club at Tropicana Las Vegas is a great place to work because of its relaxing and comforting atmosphere. Working at Tropicana Las Vegas is a great experience.
Nice place to work for
Count Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2016
My manager Gary was very nice.. very mellow place .very nice coworker very nice staff . It's a very good place to start your first job.. Learn how to work in a small area the part of the job is not hard it's very easy
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good break and great food
Fun place to work with a great culture.
Management in the Security Department (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
While I was there, the Tropicana was a great place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with. The company was bought out prior to my leaving and I am not able to state either way how the new company (Penn Gaming) is, but I am sure they are a good company to work for. I enjoyed all of my time while at work, especially my co-workers.
Pros
Supplied meals
Cons
N/A
good luck
foodserver (Former Employee) –  food and beverageFebruary 14, 2015
Poor management from food and beverage department maybe only 1 or 2 persons of authority know what there doing. No equipment no supply no staffing because they keep cutting hours Co worker's attitude terrible they think they are untouchable for working there for so so so long!!
Pros
hotel reservation thru Hilton thanks
Cons
food, manager especially the person they call G M ???
A place to eat just "ok" food in a very busy atmosphere
Server/Buffet Server/Bar Tender Relief (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2014
I had worked at Tropicana's Beach Cafe for 3.5 years. Each year got worse. We had over 24 different managers in that period that I was employed. Nothing was consistent, including, managers, rules, menus, and pricing. It is very busy and very unorganized. The servers there have a very hard day every single day. The general manager and the head food and beverage manager have let this venue spiral downwards very quickly. On a busy day, you can be sure there will be a shortage of ketchup, glasses, and wait staff.
Pros
health benefits/ travel benefits
Cons
the managers are not consistent
Fun place to work, friendly co workers
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2014
The managers/supervisors are there to help you whenever you need them. This is a fun place to work at, lots of positive people and an overall great atmosphere
Learn something new everyday
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2013
Application Support, implement new software product, perform Security Administration.
Fair place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2013
As most casino jobs go after you put in a year then you can experience the benefits such as job security etc.
New and Improved
Casino Credit and Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2013
My co-workers were some of the friendliest faces around. A typical day at work consisted of processing credit applications for potential players. The only hard part of the job was delaing with the second had smoke from the casino.
not a good company to work for
sales asisstant (Former Employee) –  las vegas nvMarch 29, 2013
major problems in a whole company that's basically made of asbestos, no raises, cheap management etc.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care is horrible, management is horrible
tropicana las vegas
entry level (Current Employee) –  tropicana las vegasMarch 7, 2013
Pettiness, no leadership, poor managing, reactionary managing style, no communicated goals, manage by fear tactics,
Managerial hypocrisy
The New Tropicana Las Vegas
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2012
A typical Day at the Tropicana involved supervising 6-8 Table games. On most days I provided breaks as the relief Floor Supervisor. I supervised Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Blackjack.
During my tenure at the Tropicana I learned the finer points of working in a High Limit area of a casino as well as dealing with High end players.
The Management team did a great job in working towards a turn around of the Property after years of neglect.
My co-works were a wonderful group of people that worked towards making the customers have a wonderful enjoyable experience at the New Tropicana.
The hardest part of my job was convincing people that this was not their grandparents Tropicana and that they should actually stay at the hotel/casino verse just visiting.
The most enjoyable part of my job was creating great memories for the patrons of the casino.
Pros
lunches, flexibility with scheduling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tropicana Las Vegas Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9