Tropicana Las Vegas Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work with a great culture.
Management in the Security Department (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
While I was there, the Tropicana was a great place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with. The company was bought out prior to my leaving and I am not able to state either way how the new company (Penn Gaming) is, but I am sure they are a good company to work for. I enjoyed all of my time while at work, especially my co-workers.
Pros
Supplied meals
Cons
N/A
not a good company to work for
sales asisstant (Former Employee) –  las vegas nvMarch 29, 2013
major problems in a whole company that's basically made of asbestos, no raises, cheap management etc.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care is horrible, management is horrible
Fair place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2013
As most casino jobs go after you put in a year then you can experience the benefits such as job security etc.
good luck
foodserver (Former Employee) –  food and beverageFebruary 14, 2015
Poor management from food and beverage department maybe only 1 or 2 persons of authority know what there doing. No equipment no supply no staffing because they keep cutting hours Co worker's attitude terrible they think they are untouchable for working there for so so so long!!
Pros
hotel reservation thru hilton thanks
Cons
food, manager especially the person they call g m ???
The New Tropicana Las Vegas
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2012
A typical Day at the Tropicana involved supervising 6-8 Table games. On most days I provided breaks as the relief Floor Supervisor. I supervised Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Blackjack.
During my tenure at the Tropicana I learned the finer points of working in a High Limit area of a casino as well as dealing with High end players.
The Management team did a great job in working towards a turn around of the Property after years of neglect.
My co-works were a wonderful group of people that worked towards making the customers have a wonderful enjoyable experience at the New Tropicana.
The hardest part of my job was convincing people that this was not their grandparents Tropicana and that they should actually stay at the hotel/casino verse just visiting.
The most enjoyable part of my job was creating great memories for the patrons of the casino.
Pros
lunches, flexibility with scheduling.
New and Improved
Casino Credit and Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2013
My co-workers were some of the friendliest faces around. A typical day at work consisted of processing credit applications for potential players. The only hard part of the job was delaing with the second had smoke from the casino.
Fun place to work, friendly co workers
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2014
The managers/supervisors are there to help you whenever you need them. This is a fun place to work at, lots of positive people and an overall great atmosphere
tropicana las vegas
entry level (Current Employee) –  tropicana las vegasMarch 7, 2013
Pettiness, no leadership, poor managing, reactionary managing style, no communicated goals, manage by fear tactics,
Managerial hypocrisy
Learn something new everyday
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2013
Application Support, implement new software product, perform Security Administration.

2.9