TROPICANA

TROPICANA Employer Reviews

Fun, Las Vegas atmosphere.
Slot Floor Person (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch and health care
Tropicana is a fun environment to work in. Get to work and hit the floor looking to help guest's. I learned that if you treat your workers right they will work for you 100%. The hardest part of the job is disciplining workers. The best part of the job is having guest's tell you that your workers did a good job for them.
What can I say it was a living
Room Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJFebruary 28, 2014
Casino environment is a tough place for anyone. I wouldn't recommend it but it paid the bills for a long time.
interesting
Impressment Attendant (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJDecember 31, 2013
slow days, the value of coins, team players, uptight management, being able to work 6 hours an get paid for 10 hours
Cleaning Rooms
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 27, 2013
Pros: discounts and incentives
Cons: inspectors
Productive and fun environment also interesting. Cleaning 16 to 20 rooms and bathrooms a day. What I learn was how to clean the rooms properly. the management was a little lazy be that never stopped me from doing my job. my co-workers was friendly and we also help one another if needed. The most hardest part of my job was cleaning the presidential suit – more... in 45 minutes or less. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and help out the people who stayed there. – less
Fun and interesting R&D work
Product Development through K-force Scientific (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLOctober 2, 2013
great group of coworkers with some professional bonds that still exist today.
Love this job
Operator III (Current Employee), Fort Pierce, FLJuly 21, 2013
I have learned a lot from working here. There is always a chance for advancement within the company have really good co-workers and management is awesome.
Productive work enviornment
Supply Chain Resource (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 4, 2013
Good work environment. Coworkers have a concept of a family oriented workplace.
It pays the bills, free lunch is ok
Cage Cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2013
Pros: free ok lunch
Cons: health care not that great.
I cant say that this company is of much value other than just a job, as much as I hate to say it...Ive heard and experienced nothing but disappointment in this co. No raises in over 6 years for non union employees and I think that is like a slap in the face to most.. There is no regard or praise for those whom have lived their life at this resort..sad.
I liked working there.
Ammonia Refrigeration Supervisor (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 18, 2013
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: being down sized.
In 22 years I worked as a Security Officer to Ammonia Refrigeration Supervisor, every day was a challenge and rewarding. Managment was helpful in training. Co-workers were fun to work with. The most enjoyable of the work was being able to learn and teach. Hardest part was bring down sized after 22 years.
well run company..I enjoyed working there
Boiler Operator (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLMarch 15, 2013
I was there for 14 years and was happy with the room for advancement they had. Quality control was very good and I enjoyed all aspects of the job.
Very productive work place
Route Sales Representative Lead (Former Employee), Tampa ,FloridaMarch 13, 2013
I learned alot about running a route correctly. I was on my route for 8 years, learned alot about merchandising, building displays, and point of sale.
A very nice place to be employed although employment is unstable
Extraction Operator (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: force ot
a day at work is usually alot of repitition i learned how to operate a forlift machine the management was very shaky and they were not always on the same page the hardest part of the job was being forced to work more after a 12 hr day the most that i enjoyed was my coworkers
great place to go to work never a dull moment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2012
Pros: great place to work never a dull moment .
Cons: not enough hours .
Great management team ,great team to work for . The only thing i did not like was that i hardly worked due to slow season. Hardest part was leaving and the most enjoyable part was waking up to go work for Tropicana Resort and Casino.
A very productive work place
bolt cutter (Former Employee), Industry, CANovember 7, 2012
Pros: fast paced environment
Cons: when system was down
A very physical demanding job always on demand to finish productivity quota
Great atmoshere, and staff.
Dealer (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJOctober 25, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: no cons
Co-workers were great to be around! The actual casino it's self was clean and inviting.
productive work place
Forklift driver/warehouse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2012
The order selector fills customer’s orders accurately and in a timely manner by pulling orders listed on load sheets and palletizing them for distribution. This position may also specialize in a particular area/function of the warehouse (e.g., freezer, will call, etc.).
I was Allowed to take on what ever challenge i wanted .knowing if I needed help it was There
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: i had great mechanics working for me
Cons: money
How to motivate union Employees , just by giving them the Respect they deserved and never to busy to say Thank you Job Well Done
great group of fellow employees
Route Sales Representative, Sales (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2012
Sad to see that due to down sizing that Tropicana DSD will no longer be
it was a nice place to work for
Specialist/Casino Marketing Booking (Former Employee), Atlantic City,NJJuly 21, 2012
Pros: we had stock in the company
Cons: late hours you sometimes had to work
it was a nice place to work for i worked with nice people i booked rooms shows all events for the host.
Entertaining and upbeat environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2014
Working as a Sales Associate was always very busy, I'm always working on something. Whether it was with a customer or products or helping other co-workers. I learned a lot of communication skills and how to handle stressful times or working under pressure. The hardest part can be the repetition in tasks but it is also enjoyable when you're able to work – more... with your co-workers. Meeting new people, and helping customers can also make the day more enjoyable. – less