TROPICANA Employee Reviews in United States

quick learner
Zone Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 9, 2016
Had many hats and a day to day is very hard to describe however from the minute i would walk in i would either deal with the employee's problems or receive phone calls from all over the US from other plants needing my assistance or just local customers or bodgeas needing service or assistance.

I loved the company and the people one of the best companies i can say i have ever worked for
Pros
family company, that really cares about work life balance
Cons
alot of work and long hours
Great Team Work
Logistics/Forklift Operator Gas/Electric/Standup (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 22, 2016
Great Place IF wanting to be Seasonal jobs are very simply and there are a lot of team work and very busy and steady and the union is involved and people
ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJuly 13, 2016
It was an interesting experience. But, Some people are better made for to do some jobs rather other jobs. It was worth a try.
A day at the boat.
deli attendant (Current Employee) –  evansvileeMay 29, 2016
Working at Tropicana Evansville has been great. I love my patrons and co-workers. I however can no longer work in such an understaffed work environment. The pay was awesome and the benefits were great.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Training
Interesting
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 27, 2016
Everyday brings a new adventure, the patrons always have something to say and the culture is interesting. The team members are nice and friendly.
Great job experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellwood, ILMay 7, 2016
Being an executive assistant was a great experience. Answering calls, making travel arrangements, sometimes making executive decisions while the boss is away for corporate meetings. Meeting people from all over the U.S.
While there I was transferred to the Inventory Control. Managed the inventory for about 15-20 trucks plus the warehouse inventory and entering into the system. Also took calls from our clients who needed their inventory to be replenished.
Pros
monthly lunch meetings, traveling to corporate meetings, great co-workers
Cons
None whatsoever
Great Company
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 12, 2016
Enjoyed my time working at Tropicana. Great employees that work with you as a team. Great pay. Safe and clean atmosphere.
Pros
excellent working atmosphere
Cons
Hard to become an employee
A fun great paying job if you can handle thinking on your feet and all different types of personalities some not all ways good.
Temp blackjack dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 24, 2016
It was a fast paced day a serious environment with many scenarios and loved dealing with the public from around the world. Management was professional and coworkers seem like a small family. Hardest part if people get irritable due to their loss at the table usually because they may of had to much to drink but I would try to make them feel at ease.The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and bring a smile to someones face.
Pros
All ways busy time flies so fast work day is over because your alway busy.
Cons
Some customers can be very rude so you need thick skin and empathy.
Fun but slow atmosphere
SOUS CHEF (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 7, 2016
Great company enjoyed being a sous chef but did not like grave shift.Great group of guys knowing what they were doing, easy to manage but it easnt enough bussiness at that time of the night.The hardest part of that job was trying to stay awake.
Pros
GOOD PAY
Cons
SLOW
Terrible Management
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVNovember 15, 2015
While I was working there I noticed that the management would find a very hard worker than work them into the ground. The TDR food made me sick repeatedly and I was shorted on over time more times than once that I didn't realize until a few years after my employment there.
Cons
Everything.
Perfect for those who desire comfort and security so long as they meet annual targets
Supply Chain Associate - Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 22, 2015
This was a very nice place to work at in the sense that you choose how to make an impact. The company has obvious manufacturing targets but if you can help meet those targets then you can really expand into other activities.
fun and yummy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNAugust 25, 2015
Making smoothies and sundaes, etc when busy isn't really hard if you know what you are doing. This place has many good deserts and drinks! C workers are reat to work with, although it is mainly really slow. There is nothing really hard with this job. Most enjoyable part is being able to make smoothies or customer's choice of deserts in under 5 minutes or less.
Tropicana work experience
Engineer electrician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 3, 2015
- a nice work environment with lots of helpful staff that are willing to cooperate and help each other.
- I learned teamwork from my fellow co-workers.
- very experienced at what I do.
Cons
the pay does not match the effort put in.
fun and productive place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 21, 2015
I would open up the coffee shop on most days at 7 a.m. which included making fresh coffee, putting out fresh donuts and pastries, making sure everything was stocked for when customers came to order. I learned that the job was easier than expected, and even though I had unpleasant customers sometimes, most of them were very nice and patient with me. My coworkers were very fun and nice to work with. The hardest part about the job was being there by myself sometimes and there would be a line of people who would get impatient if I was not going fast enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was having loyal customers and me having their order ready right when they would come up to pay.
good company,good pay.good people
Route Sales (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 1, 2015
typical day of work,around 12 hr,every day,what I lerned,comunication,that the key to be succesfull,management the route,follow procedures,be a teen player,lift to many cases,,,the most enjoyable part of my job Friday pay day good pay....
it was ok
Palletizer op (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 20, 2015
a typical day at work for me was running two machines and a fork lift.
what I learned there was how to run and use a fork lift and to run a palletizer .
management was ok.
my co-workers where good people who worked hard at there jobs and would help you if you needed help.
the hardest part of my job was working in the heat and cold as well as the long hours.
they most enjoyable part of my job was my fellow co-workers.
enjoy working there
Utility/Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 18, 2014
i enjoy every day at my job, great team spirit and contribution, great management staff
Pros
lot of overtimes
Cons
lots of call out
fun place
Advocate, Shop Steward (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 12, 2014
love working for tropical.Great management team.Fast paced work environment.
great company to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 21, 2014
I loved working here and I had a great experience with this company. Great people to work with.
Politically myriad environment
Surveillance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2014
Tropicana was a fun experience but stuck in a prehistoric past and abrasive leadership.
Pros
work hours.
Cons
management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TROPICANA. Our community is ready to answer.