TROPICANA Employee Reviews

Its a great place to work
Special Events Security (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 6, 2017
i have been working there for going on 8 months now and its good, The co-workers are great and they have your back whenever we respond to situations, supervisors respond quickly whenever we call for them its a great place to work
Pros
friendly staff, various shifts
Cons
i need more money/hours
Price focused, non healthy enviroment
Sales Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
My stay was temporary at this company. Loved product and immediate boss and colleagues though Divisional VP was a bit volatile. Many people smoked and it was all for one atmosphere.
Nice place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 4, 2017
Recomiendo el tropicana como lugar de trabajo. Las personas son muy gentiles con los clientes.
Pros
Local 54
awesome
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVApril 20, 2017
great to work for they feed you on your lunch break. a wonderful hot meal. although you cant gamble at there casino if you work there it is still a wonderful place to work and everyone is very helpful
Exciting work place
Beach attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 23, 2017
A normal day at work, I would sell beach chairs clad umbrellas to the guests. I would help them set up the chairs and umbrella throughout the beach. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on the beach in the summer.
Wonderful place
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 23, 2017
Tropicana Evansville was i every wonderful place to work. Good hour amazing co-workers. Tropicana Evansville Was the best job i have ever had. Whenever i came into work i knew it was going to be a good day.
Pros
everything
Cons
that i am not there now
Delivery & Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2017
Drove the delivery truck to places were sold to such as the airport in New Jersey. Go to little restaurants in New Jersey to sell and expand products to customers.
Met all kinds of different people.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 2, 2017
Cleaned all area's of the boat and you got to see how people have no respect things and little trust they had in people (when you had to clean area's that had money on the table).
Pros
Glad I didn't have a gambling problem.
Cons
Realized that people don't care of things that aren't there's.
Warehouse
Relief Operator (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 6, 2017
Just trying to stay a float in this world....the people I work with are funny and down to earth...another source of income is needed these days to live
Poor Management
F&B Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2017
I had worked for this company upper management in f&b horrible the person wanted you to please him don't care about your work ethics he will yell and scream into your face and call you name empowered his titlle and the GM will looks away.The Team Members will go out to get you they play theirs' game ba k stab you .The people work here at Tropicana are bad they do not help in any matter.As soon a guest walk off team members turn around and gossip .
bad
Cons
not a good place

Want to know more about TROPICANA?

Ask a question
great place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJanuary 24, 2017
you weren't being rushed around to get things done. it was a relaxed environment as long as you get your work done and not on your phone. coworkers worked together well and helped each other when it was needed.
16 hour work days
Blocker (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 12, 2016
Tropicana was one of the only factories in Florida that paid over $10 per hour. Employees were very nice and management was very helpful. Long days got very tiring.
OK work place
COOK/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDNovember 22, 2016
i didnt really like working for the location i was at. for one they never had me fill out complete application. they had me in the back scrubbing big pots and pans and mopping the floor , while they had men on the cash register and serving the food.
Night Audit Experience
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 13, 2016
This is a great company with great benefits. Every day is a New day filled with excitement. My co-workers are great to work with once they open up to get to know you.
Staff was very rude and no one willing to help when needed
Bingo Agent (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NV 89029November 2, 2016
i constantly had problems with this company and was eventually fired as my supervisor didnt like me. she would scream in my face and put her hands on me. as for my customers and the rest of the people i worked with they were awesome
quick learner
Zone Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 9, 2016
Had many hats and a day to day is very hard to describe however from the minute i would walk in i would either deal with the employee's problems or receive phone calls from all over the US from other plants needing my assistance or just local customers or bodgeas needing service or assistance.

I loved the company and the people one of the best companies i can say i have ever worked for
Pros
family company, that really cares about work life balance
Cons
alot of work and long hours
Not bad for someone without children and responsibilities
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 26, 2016
Work schedule did not work well with my daughter's school schedule, I had to have surgery last June and they told me they did not know if I was able to take time off. They are a tight nit family there, and it takes a long time for workers and customers to start treating you with respect.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement and overtime
Cons
very long hours, sometimes leaving after 11 hours with only 20 dollars.
Great Team Work
Logistics/Forklift Operator Gas/Electric/Standup (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 22, 2016
Great Place IF wanting to be Seasonal jobs are very simply and there are a lot of team work and very busy and steady and the union is involved and people
ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJuly 13, 2016
It was an interesting experience. But, Some people are better made for to do some jobs rather other jobs. It was worth a try.
A day at the boat.
deli attendant (Current Employee) –  evansvileeMay 29, 2016
Working at Tropicana Evansville has been great. I love my patrons and co-workers. I however can no longer work in such an understaffed work environment. The pay was awesome and the benefits were great.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TROPICANA. Our community is ready to answer.