TROPICANA Employee Reviews

Tropicana work experience
Engineer electrician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 3, 2015
Cons: the pay does not match the effort put in.
- a nice work environment with lots of helpful staff that are willing to cooperate and help each other.
- I learned teamwork from my fellow co-workers.
- very experienced at what I do.
fun and productive place
Cashier (Former Employee), Evansville, INJuly 21, 2015
I would open up the coffee shop on most days at 7 a.m. which included making fresh coffee, putting out fresh donuts and pastries, making sure everything was stocked for when customers came to order. I learned that the job was easier than expected, and even though I had unpleasant customers sometimes, most of them were very nice and patient with me. My coworkers were very fun and nice to work with. The hardest part about the job was being there by myself sometimes and there would be a line of people who would get impatient if I was not going fast enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was having loyal customers and me having their order ready right when they would come up to pay.
good company,good pay.good people
Route Sales (Former Employee), Miramar, FLJuly 1, 2015
typical day of work,around 12 hr,every day,what I lerned,comunication,that the key to be succesfull,management the route,follow procedures,be a teen player,lift to many cases,,,the most enjoyable part of my job Friday pay day good pay....
it was ok
Palletizer op (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 20, 2015
a typical day at work for me was running two machines and a fork lift.
what I learned there was how to run and use a fork lift and to run a palletizer .
management was ok.
my co-workers where good people who worked hard at there jobs and would help you if you needed help.
the hardest part of my job was working in the heat and cold as well as the long hours.
they most enjoyable part of my job was my fellow co-workers.
enjoy working there
Utility/Forklift operator (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 18, 2014
Pros: lot of overtimes
Cons: lots of call out
i enjoy every day at my job, great team spirit and contribution, great management staff
fun place
Advocate, Shop Steward (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJSeptember 12, 2014
love working for tropical.Great management team.Fast paced work environment.
great company to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJuly 21, 2014
I loved working here and I had a great experience with this company. Great people to work with.
Politically myriad environment
Surveillance (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2014
Pros: work hours.
Cons: management.
Tropicana was a fun experience but stuck in a prehistoric past and abrasive leadership.
Fun, Las Vegas atmosphere.
Slot Floor Person (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch and health care
Tropicana is a fun environment to work in. Get to work and hit the floor looking to help guest's. I learned that if you treat your workers right they will work for you 100%. The hardest part of the job is disciplining workers. The best part of the job is having guest's tell you that your workers did a good job for them.
What can I say it was a living
Room Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJFebruary 28, 2014
Casino environment is a tough place for anyone. I wouldn't recommend it but it paid the bills for a long time.
interesting
Impressment Attendant (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJDecember 31, 2013
slow days, the value of coins, team players, uptight management, being able to work 6 hours an get paid for 10 hours
Cleaning Rooms
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 27, 2013
Pros: discounts and incentives
Cons: inspectors
Productive and fun environment also interesting. Cleaning 16 to 20 rooms and bathrooms a day. What I learn was how to clean the rooms properly. the management was a little lazy be that never stopped me from doing my job. my co-workers was friendly and we also help one another if needed. The most hardest part of my job was cleaning the presidential suit in 45 minutes or less. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and help out the people who stayed there.
Fun and interesting R&D work
Product Development through K-force Scientific (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLOctober 2, 2013
great group of coworkers with some professional bonds that still exist today.
Love this job
Operator III (Current Employee), Fort Pierce, FLJuly 21, 2013
I have learned a lot from working here. There is always a chance for advancement within the company have really good co-workers and management is awesome.
Productive work enviornment
Supply Chain Resource (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 4, 2013
Good work environment. Coworkers have a concept of a family oriented workplace.
It pays the bills, free lunch is ok
Cage Cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2013
Pros: free ok lunch
Cons: health care not that great.
I cant say that this company is of much value other than just a job, as much as I hate to say it...Ive heard and experienced nothing but disappointment in this co. No raises in over 6 years for non union employees and I think that is like a slap in the face to most.. There is no regard or praise for those whom have lived their life at this resort..sad.
I liked working there.
Ammonia Refrigeration Supervisor (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 18, 2013
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: being down sized.
In 22 years I worked as a Security Officer to Ammonia Refrigeration Supervisor, every day was a challenge and rewarding. Managment was helpful in training. Co-workers were fun to work with. The most enjoyable of the work was being able to learn and teach. Hardest part was bring down sized after 22 years.
well run company..I enjoyed working there
Boiler Operator (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLMarch 15, 2013
I was there for 14 years and was happy with the room for advancement they had. Quality control was very good and I enjoyed all aspects of the job.
Very productive work place
Route Sales Representative Lead (Former Employee), Tampa ,FloridaMarch 13, 2013
I learned alot about running a route correctly. I was on my route for 8 years, learned alot about merchandising, building displays, and point of sale.
A very nice place to be employed although employment is unstable
Extraction Operator (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: force ot
a day at work is usually alot of repitition i learned how to operate a forlift machine the management was very shaky and they were not always on the same page the hardest part of the job was being forced to work more after a 12 hr day the most that i enjoyed was my coworkers