Troutman Sanders LLP Employee Reviews in United States

Great Team Atmosphere
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 16, 2015
I really loved all of the people that I worked for, including Partners, Associates. It was always a team atmosphere. I worked in two different departments so I was always constantly busy which I enjoyed and really loved coming to work everyday.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Lack of advancement
Work /Life balance environment
Research librarian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2012
Lots of time off, flexible, smart managers. The firm itself has a good name and on the surface cares about its employees. The firm was the last to have layoffs during the economic downfall, because they wanted to ride it out as much as possible. I think the big overall picture is the firm as a whole has the best intentions, however, each office has to run its own course.
Pros
care about employees, good family friendly work environment.
Cons
no salary increases, bonus for the last three years...
You'll Hate Yourself if you Work Here.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2013
At least in the Atlanta office nepotism is rampant. You can actually blackmail your way into a position and more money. Tried and true. The culture is stifling and you feel like you would rather kill yourself in the parking lot rather than trudge to your desk. No, really.

Compensation is below par. Way below par. If you are not a manager or higher, you are basically nothing. It's definitely a caste system.

This isn't a great company - perhaps for a select few, but that's probably the same with all companies. Obviously, my time there wasn't that great of an experience, but who's to say your experience will be different... although if you're not a (high ranking) attorney or a grade above manager, I wouldn't bet on it.
Pros
free cake once a month.
Cons
read my review.
Job Review
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2014
This is a very well known law firm in Atlanta, Georgia with other branches in both the United States and internationally. My daily duties included organizing and prioritizing workload; creating or editing legal documents and correspondence; answering eight phone lines and forwarding the calls to the proper attorney or taking detailed messages for them; entering time descriptions for each attorney for billing purposes; processing expense reports; creating files for new clients and maintaining them; handling client relations and business development projects as needed; copying and faxing documents to clients or others.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I really liked the attorneys I supported.
The hardest part of the job were the occasional times that there was real pressure to get something done in an unrealistic time frame.
Pros
excellent benefits and salary
Cons
heavy workloads at times
Productive and great place to be employyed
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2014
I worked for the comapny for 22 years. Great place to work and raise my family
Pros
yearly bonuses
Cons
sometime long hours
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2014
Great team of administrative staff and solid attorney workforce
Great workplace
Mailroom / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2013
This was a job that was a building stone. I felt like i was over qualified for a mailroom position.

4.3