The Troy Area Chamber of Commerce is a business membership organization that represents over 400 local businesses. The Chamber helps our members by promoting a positive business environment, by providing opportunities for networking and by providing cost saving affinity programs for our members.
The Troy Chamber has an opening for a Receptionist /Events Coordinator in our Chamber of Commerce office in Troy, Ohio. Hours of work are 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. You will be required to work at some evening and weekend events. Salary for this position will depend on experience. A High School diploma is required two plus years’ experience in a business environment. Applicants will be required to successfully complete a background screening to be considered for this position.
- Plan and manage the Chamber’s annual and monthly events including securing meeting space, coordinating all activities with vendors
- Serve as assistant to Executive Director
- Perform administrative functions for the Chamber President including event, meeting and travel planning and organization
- Organize and help manage administrative duties of the Chamber and its affiliated organizations.
Will have primary responsibility for-
- answering phones and general public requests
- incoming and out-going mail
- preparation and distribution written and electronic documents and marketing materials
- maintaining appointment and event calendars
- maintaining database of members and committees
- greeting persons entering office
Required professional and social skills include-
- Highly efficient, organized, and personable
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs and have the ability to become proficient in other databases
- Have an understanding of social media and its appropriate use in a business environment
- Must be a good team member and able to work in a small office environment
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience with other administrative duties, including: filing, data entry, and general office upkeep
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to work and meet deadlines
- Skill to coordinate several events simultaneously.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer service orientation
- Organizing and planning
- Reliable and punctual
In addition; we are also requiring that our “ideal team member” be a clear communicator with a positive attitude as they will be having direct member and potential contact. Our employees are always learning Chamber values. That’s why we reward our team members with competitive salaries, 401K, paid vacation and holidays, along with a business casual environment.
To apply please forward a copy of resume with references to:
Receptionist/Events Coordinator Position
Troy Area Chamber of Commerce
405 SW Public Square, Suite 330
Troy, OH 45373
All applications will be kept confidential.
Deadline to apply is December 14, 2012